Anyone else feel like they've gotten dumber with age? When I was in elementary school, I was reading at a college level...

Anyone else feel like they've gotten dumber with age? When I was in elementary school, I was reading at a college level. When I was in High School, I was writing long form, structured essays about niche vidya topics and breezing through school, now I'm in my 20s and I can't do anything. I can't write properly anymore, whenever I do, my arguments come out like a disjointed mess. I'm consistently second guessing myself on mid-level vocabulary, and so on. The worst part is that I just feel tired all the time. Doing anything remotely "tryhard" just saps energy out of me. I'm still occasionally struck by a good idea I want to post about, or stumble across some old book that I want to read, but whenever I actually sit down to do whatever it is, I end up being unable to focus, or meaningfully engage with what's there.

I used to think I had an inflated view of myself back then, but I've gone and read some particularly autistic screeds of mine from years ago, and even those are above me.

tl;dr: Help, I'm perpetually tired and retarded, it didn't used to be like this.

Attached: 1442611582753.jpg (480x360, 79K)

You're just out of practice and you're miserable and low on energy. Life has drained you and there's no real way of fixing it. Healthy diet, exercise, sunlight? None of that works if you're like this, sorry. Trust me.

find a psychologist, this might be sth serious, like mental degeneration

Oof, that's depressing.

I'll probably end up going to one, but I'm not sure it's that. The listed symptoms usually involve some tangible health issues, too (ie, dizziness, nausea, headaches, balance issues, etc.). I have frequent headaches and balance issues, but I've always had those things.

Oh hell yes, I am in my fourth year of EEE at a top level university and I have no idea why I am still here. The first two years were great, I got good grades, but something happened in my third year and I somehow began to feel stupid as heck. It is getting worse by the month, and I can feel it which makes it even worse. I know what I've lost and I know that I will never regain my former self.
Sorry for the rant guys.

I know that feel user, I graduated top of my class and now I feel like it's all slipping away. Honestly it has to do with the associations to being incel, it's hard for me to do anything intellectual without thinking about some Chad banging girls while I waste my life away on pointless mental masturbation.

I feel exactly like this, I breezed through most of university but now I'm at my Master's thesis I just became a NEET pretty much.

Personally I blame my drinking problem and not having social contacts for being permanently tired and unmotivated. Do you drink?

I drank once on my 21st Birthday. Not since then. At this point I've dropped out of College, bills were piling up and I realized I had no clue what I wanted to do with my life.

I'm currently a NEET at my parents house, I've been that way for a while. I don't really leave the house much. Actually, I just don't get much social contact at all. Friends still message me on Faceberg and stuff, but I can only manage to respond like once a week.

I know what you're talking about op. I used to be a very creative kid and was put with the gifted students etc. Nowadays I find it hard to string together sentences unless I'm drunk. I can't really focus and I find that nothing excites me or gets an emotional reaction from me anymore. People talk about things and all I can think about is how much I don't care. I don't have strong opinions about anything, and can't really speak my ideas coherently. I have trouble remembering words, things or events and I find myself reaching but the idea never coming to me. Part of me hopes that this is to do with growing up and that eventually I'll become a more realised version of myself.

>I'm currently a NEET at my parents house, I've been that way for a while. I don't really leave the house much. Actually, I just don't get much social contact at all.
well maybe because you (and me aswell) sit inside playing vidya or Jow Forums all day instead of getting some activity, social gratification and sunlight we feel tired all the time. We weren't meant to exist inside like this.

Not exactly dumber but i'm starting to have trouble recalling stuff. I'm 19 and my family has no history of mental illnesses.

That's part of the problem, but I don't think it's the entire equation. I (We, probably) both lead shitty, pitiful lives, sure; however, have you, since you've been this way, actually tried immersing yourself in the world? I have, I did get a job after coming home for a bit, but I felt just as dumb and shitty then as I do now.

It'd probably do us good to actually interface with the world a little bit, but pretty much every avenue I have to do that through right now probably isn't going to do wonders, at least for this problem.

I might go try to do some light exercise or something when I kick this damned cold. I know fitnessbros have always memed about that.

I was never really creative, at least not to the degree that the "creative kids" were, so I can't speak on that. I have noticed I've gotten a little bit shitter at talking. I used to be able to argue and debate well, now I stumble all over myself. Same with feeling numb. Nothing's fun anymore, I can't even get into the nerdy bullshit things that I used to spend hours doing.

What kinds of stuff have you had trouble recalling?

Fucking everything, names, dates, where i put my car keys, i have to re-read the stuff i'm studying, etc.

I have this theory that is self-imposed to some degree. I used to have an incredible memory, but i started to consciously tone it down because i thought people would find weird that i remember oddly specific things.

That could be the case, I'm not really having trouble too much on that end. There are times when I have to check doors a few times to make sure I locked them, but aside from that, I really have no clue.

Hope you find a way to fix yourself user, that sounds horrible.

bump good thread

asdasdasd 2 sec

This has happened to me too and I've never drank alcohol or done any drugs in my life. I think it's just what depression does to you, to put it simply. Although I don't know if you or anyone else in this thread feels that way, having such an intense mindfog and just not caring about the world means your brain has changed nature. I don't really care about it anymore though, just like with everything else.

the result of living in a cancerous society i say

Me too, I can't even formulate coherent thoughts without writing it down

I dounbt you were reading at college level in elementary school. Do you have issues distinguishing fantasy from reality?did you do drugs a lot?
If neither, you're just out of practice

>Reading at a college level
We had state-mandated reading tests, that were apart from the standardized ones. You were marked on reading comprehension. All I really remember is I walked away with "College level" after having burned half the day doing that.

>Trouble distinguishing fantasy from reality
No. I guess I've been engaging more with mental fantasies for the past few months, but I'm not having trouble with them bleeding over.

>Did you do drugs a lot?
I smoked pot once and like I mentioned above, I got drunk once. Aside from that I haven't touched drugs or alcohol.

Seriously use meth or adderall its productive drug that literally give you superpowers (concentration, energy, focus everything you need to be sucessful)
Why do you think everyone working on wallstreet is using it and most rich guys.
(even Trumpy is doing it)

>hurrr durr its cheating

Yeah nah, you use everything that nature offers you, using car by that logic is cheating in life or any other technology.
Pharmacy is also technology

Attached: download.jpg (1280x720, 85K)