Antidepressents

I was prescribed citalopram today. What am I in for?

Attached: image.jpg (1024x768, 80K)

GET READY user YOU'RE IN FOR A WILD RIDE

What kind of a ride, fren? Should I warn my family?

I'm only jokin wichu amegoo. From my personal experience, the worst thing is nodding off and/or falling asleep on the middle of the day, especially when I was in the middle work or something important.

Antidepressants were the worst thing to happen to me when depressed. I went from "jesus I really don't want to wake up tomorrow" to formatting my drives because I was ready to kill myself the next day. I was on SSRIs so I don't know how your meds will work out.

This.

I fell asleep at work every day. It also affects how you shit in my experience and I find it made me feel kind of like a zombie.

Citalopram gave me bad headaches for around 30ish mins after taking. Forgetting to take a pill made me really irritated and angry at everything. Also made my head hurt. Good luck user

Nothing for a few weeks, you will think it doesn't work. Then you will feel good for a couple months as you are not as low as you were before. After some time you will realize that you cannot achieve actual happiness on them and they only keep you baseline. Not too sad, but not too happy. Eventually you will want to get off them and get awful fucking withdrawls, brain zaps, and some other shit and realize they are a shit class of drugs.

If you are at absolute rock bottom use them to get your life in order and get off asap.

t. was prescribed lexapro at one point.

Attached: 1549237123524.jpg (640x644, 49K)

>It also affects how you shit in my experience
Y-You're joking . . . right?

Well, I can't remember if it was prozac or citalopram but I basically had awful splatter diarrhoea no matter what I did.

>If you are at absolute rock bottom use them to get your life in order and get off asap.
I'll try this. I'm really reluctant to take any medication, but, if it's only temporary, I should be able to handle it. Thanks everyone!

It should help you if you really need it. I would just caution thinking that it will be a miracle drug and you don't need to work on what got you down in the 1st place. Depression fucking sucks and I hope you get through it.

Also, what got me over the hump was exercising. Even going on a walk for 15 minutes helped me.

idk i never liked it
topamax helps me out personally

They'll probably just make you super sleepy like mine do.
I wouldn't expect miracles though. I've been on for 8 months and have felt little difference in my mood.

I know not to expect instant results, but hopefully it will make facing each new day a little more tolerable. And that's a good point; I used to like walking, so I should probably make more of an effort to get out of the house every day now that the weather's better. Thank you for taking the time to respond.

That should help. Also I forget what my doctor 1st prescribed but it didn't work and lexapro did for awhile. So if it doesn't work just be honest with him. I exercise to feel better as much as I do to wear my ass out and dull my senses if that makes senses

That meant you were getting better. The only reason SSRIs worsen suicidality is they improve motivation before mood, but it means they're successfully treating the depression. When this kind of thing happens, just remember it will pass and hang on.

>I hope you get through it.
Not him, but people on Jow Forums have been saying nice things like this to me, and I don't understand it. Like, why do you care? Nobody I know irl says things like this

why not smoke weed instead? SSRI I tried which was the same as the one you have was a nightmare. Nonstop anxiety and panicky feeling while feeling like fucked up on a weird hard drug. only took it for a few days though.

OP here. Perhaps it's because many of us are going through tough times and know how we'd like to be treated when others ask us for help. Whatever the case, it's a good thing. Have a good night.

Most of my friends smoke weed and I've seen how it's demotivated them over the years. I also won't go near something I can't discuss with a doctor.

ssri's are worse for you than weed. Don't fall for the pharma jew. look up pregabalin withdrawal. Just because it is from a doctor doesn't mean it is safe.

>>It also affects how you shit in my experience
>Y-You're joking . . . right?

Used to take lexapro and for the first weeks I was shitting like crazy

Antidepressants are not a complete solution for everything. See a therapist or things will just go downhill.

95% of the serotonin in the body is in the intestines, for real. I was prescribed Lexapro for IBS and years later for anxiety.

I'm sure SSRIs are very helpful for many people but they made me feel awful, mentally. I switched to bupropion and it's night and day. I wasn't prescribed it for depression (just severe anxiety, I'm a hikikomori) so bupropion raised my already good baseline mood significantly. SSRIs lowered it drastically and made me hate life.

Do any of you anons get really strong brainfog/lethargy with SSRIs? I'm pretty sure that I've stayed one full year on Fluoxetine with so much tiredness from it I couldn't stay a single day without sleeping at least 12 hours.

Attached: 220px-Antonio_Rodríguez_-_Saint_Augustine_-_Google_Art_Project.jpg (220x300, 25K)

Just launch me out of a cannon and kill me

Attached: Dax+Shepard+2nd+Light+Up+Blues+Concert+Evening+_QsQknGkfFml.jpg (449x594, 70K)