/SIG/ - Self-Improvement General

For discussion, questions, advice, stories, etc. related to the cultivation of body AND mind to produce a more enjoyable reality.

What are your goals, user, and how are you making an effort to achieve them? Who are your role models? What is your philosophy?

Start your post with ONE thing you did to make today not a complete waste. If you don't have anything, do something RIGHT NOW and then post.

Attached: 8474847.png (315x322, 92K)

Self improvement? The people here, on r9k?
Man, I'm only here to laugh at incels and people with no lives. It's like LGBT but a little more eh, well, less faggoty. I doubt that more than 10% of the people on this board are genuinely trying to make their lives and themselves better.

I learned a new recipe today for Thai chicken and veggies and cooked it for myself. Maybe someday I'll make it for a gf

I was thinking, grocery store clerks probably know way more about you than any other strangers, you can judge a lot by what's in a man's cart

what are some useful skills you can learn and use if you're a poorfag

I tried the self improvement meme. It doesnt matter if your brain is fucked. My current goal is to convince god to let me kill myself

>loser coming to a board of losers to feel not like a loser

succesful people don't feel the need to put down or ridicule others to feel better about themselves.

I ran for 30 minutes

>It doesnt matter if your brain is fucked
Well said user, it doesn't matter if it is because you can always start the process of un-fucking it

>"Some people strive to accept themselves... some try to find themselves... and some decide to create themselves!"

Is this true? It doesn't feel like it is.

Tier list of lifestyle changes that everyone underestimates:

S: Reading, Meditating
A: Diet, Exercise, Acts of kindness, Going to bed at a normal and regular hour
B: Keeping a journal, having a job (that entails effort), turning off your phone at night/refraining from technology entirely
C: Making your bed/Cleaning your room, Taking up a hobby, Finding a creative outlet
D: Smiling artificially, Learning a random skill, Going to local events, Forming arbitrary rituals/routines, Self-pep talks

I try not to. I know it's bad for me, I really do. But it genuinely entertains me to see people who are so far from having their shit together, either completely oblivious to that fact or simply refusing to change it. It genuinely makes me happy seeing people suffer, in some odd way.
t. intj

Attached: 1553642815464.png (1024x1022, 634K)

>going to bed at normal and regular hour
Gonna emphasize this one. Having a set sleep schedule is the cornerstone of a good day. When you wake up, you don't feel like shit because your body is used to waking up at that time, and you never waste time thinking "i'll do this later after a bit of vidya/Jow Forums/etc and wind up fucking around til you're too tired to do whatever it was and just push it to tomorrow

Attached: wake up call.png (1288x236, 50K)

Damn that was a good wake up call. It's true. Don't even socialize with any of those from the past except family But then again, that's all that really matters too. So it's more of a go back to sleep call. The suffering is too much to bear.

>implying self improvement isn't a meme

Attached: self improvement virgin.png (1386x570, 303K)

This thread that has been made time and time again, by different losers hoping to create a community which they are a core part of, always fails, never prospers, because nobody on here is interested enough, if they were they would have already flown far away. One time, another, and anotheranothernaoonrrheaontehr, i reapeats in cycle you hope trugh and meaning will come to you by the hand of others, even if deep inside you know there are only two helping hands for the way your left and right.
If you truly want sig go to fit, there they have enough dedication to keep burning toothpicks away, how sad, how sad. This is the end.

Reading as S tier is weird, I would put it above B, but S feels like an overestimation. You've got much more important things on the list to do than reading like taking up a hobby or finding a creative outlet.

got 24 hrs of nofap under my belt, we're all gonna make it

Good job. Keep up the good work. You might even ruling over the world one day.

Dont you wish this was you user

Attached: 1557577654320.jpg (794x1200, 823K)

not right now.. but im going to an MMA training camp in about 2 weeks. I imagine myself becoming stronger and knowing how to fight. yep.

Attached: 1red.jpg (451x450, 21K)

I've been doing situps and push-ups and minor jogging recently but the idea of doing that for hours each day is enough to completely eradicate my last bit of will to live so it's only maybe half an hour or so at most per day. It probably won't do anything and my single session reps haven't increased at all (about 10 to 15 situps or girl push-ups, I can only do maybe 5 real push-ups because I'm a weak, worthless piece of shit). I don't know why I'm bothering, I'm under no illusion that I could ever be attractive in any way. I guess I just don't want to be me and this is the only real thing I can do. It probably won't make any difference to me aesthetically but whatever, who gives a shit anymore.

Have you done MMA before? Interesting choice to go though.

nope. my dad was always good with martial arts though, and it always interested me, for all the obvious benefits. honestly tired of living like I do. NEET of 6 years.

people are sometimes randomly disrespectful to me. i can't understand why nor why im an easy target.

no you just have selection bias due to a low self-esteem

How to deal with that? Makes sense, but what now?