Mental Illness as a Cope

My personal opinion is that unless you have BPD or Schizophrenia, you're just a weak bitch that can't deal with the reality of life and this world. I was "diagnosed" with major depressive disorder when i was 16 for court ordered family therapy. It sounded like a fucking joke from some quack and so I never paid it any attention. I've dealt with some fucked up shit in my life, and its definitely hollowed me out a little, but i still move forward; push if i have to. Its so pathetic how omnipresent mental illness is now. If you live in America, you have no real problems. Unless you're one of those flyover state cornbois who lives in a trailer park with meth addict parents. tired of seeing people trade mental illness like psychological baseball cards. get a grip you dove soft pussies

Attached: image2.jpg (327x396, 18K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Dfjg-Psqr5o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I have bpd diagnosed
thanks for giving me a pass

Bpd is top fake. Diagnosising horrible attention whores was the worst idea ever.

Bipolar personality disorder you dumbass not borderline

I agree. Autism isn't real either.
youtube.com/watch?v=Dfjg-Psqr5o
This guy's just a queer faggot

agreed. when you have a problem you fucking fix it. you do everything in your power to fix it. people are taught to just accept their own mediocrity and failings rather than try to improve themselves now. doc will just shove some pills down your throat to turn you into an npc

even if its not fixable i.e some traumatic event that scars your psyche, you simply learn to live with it. you introspect on it, you "think" your way to a better mental landscape. popping pills is the ultimate gay.

I'm diagnosed bipolar 1 and am schizo

Some things can never be fixed. Death is the only solution. But it doesn't make me view you as any of a less stuck-up prick for holding the opinion that people can magically overcome mental health issues, even more prevalant ones like depression. You're the real bitch for thinking you were actually responsible for whatever change came to your life, you really have a lot less control over anything than you think you do, op.

you get a pass my man

"hey man! you're a prick!
>overcome
you don't have to, maybe you can't. but you can endure. depression is bullshit by any metric anyone would consider me depressed, but im sane and i have serenity because i deal with it my own way without pussing out and popping bitch mints that tina with her phd in psyche prescribed to me.

>you're just a weak bitch that can't deal with the reality of life and this world
Some people are more biologically predisposed to being a weak bitch than others. Anxiety disorders are very uncommon in men, but more common in women. An anxiety riddled man is a weak bitch because he has a mental illness. Your argument is retarded lol

>I'm sane
>Posting on Jow Forums
You're just too stubborn to admit you have a problem.

Attached: ce8.png (621x702, 56K)

maybe you have a point. this is my only social interaction and has been for almost 3 years. its getting dark

>Anxiety is very uncommon in men.
Citation needed. I'm not sure if trying to emasculate men with anxiety is the best way to bolster your own fragile ego, user. Try meditation instead.

i concur. i've encountered some miserable fucks who only have themselves to blame for loving the stagnation that they pretend to have, when in fact, if you truly were in a rut, the best thing you want is to get out by any means.

if you aren't hallucinating or got cancer, it doesnt matter. not sure i stand there with you on bpd - most of them know they aren't doing anything about their attitude(s).

Attached: 1557199294054.jpg (858x821, 359K)

Bpd is also for weak bitches user, if you dont have a psychotic illness or are legitimately suicidal then your practically larping as mentally ill.

>man with no real problems tells everyone else in his country that they don't have problems either.

Wtf counts as a "real problem," oh intelligent one? Do we need to present our hardships to the pity court to be awarded the right to feel sad?

I forgot post traumatic stress

>Just stop being mentally ill
Gee user, why didn't I think of that before?

I think the point is there is a difference between debilitating illness and excuse for laziness

Can't tell if you're joking or not, retard.
OP, this thread is a fucking joke

BPD does not, and has never meant bipolar.

>le bootstrap meme
Nobody gives a shit how tough you think you are
Congrats on having the physical and mental stability to be able to actually confront your depression. Everyone else is clearly just lazy and weak.

Seems like you have a very fuzzy definition of what is legitimate mental illness.

I think you might just be mad I called your mental illness entry level

Try a day with severe ocd or severe depression you little fuck

>its another thread where neurotyps act as if they have any authority when it comes to matters about mental illness

here we fucking go again

Your illness is severe like my asshole is a severe gash in my bum crease

based 15 yo retard

Not really, it's just that you're creating some arbitrary separation between what's considered legitimate and illegitimate mental illness. What about people with severe agoraphobia that suffer with panic attacks?

You really gottem there user. How's summer break going?

Attached: 8nRqoXW.png (800x729, 48K)

It was an off handed catch all obviously there are exceptions. And your illness isnt as severe as youd like to believe it is.

>BPD
>OCD
>PTSD
>anxiety/panic attacks
>depression
>bulimia
>aspergers

get on my fucking level of hell, you neurotypicals would be reaching for a gun if you spent one day with my brain

What type of anxiety?

Sounds rough man. Had a few of those illnesses myself, hope you can cope somehow.

>Gatekeeping this hard.
What sort of mental illnesses do you have user?

generalized. it seeps into everything i do. i cant look people in the eyes or even leave my room most days

once i get my NEETbux i'll be good. i've survived this long. 25 years old and havent had a penny the entire time.

Im not mentally ill, I just recognize the plague coursing through the veins of liberal zoomers that is lethargy condensed into notions of air quotes severe depression and anxiety. As if by some substantial intervention nothing short of divine the most spoiled generation in all of human history somehow all managed to find out in their lives of 0 hardship that it was their depression stopping them from getting a job all along. Im not gatekeeping, Ive just seen a thousand of you. Youll grow out of it.

Hope you have a few friends and relative, or at the very least a form of medication. Take care anyway, as you've said if you haven't killed yourself by now you're probably safe but still.

Robots have a way of making their situations out to be worse than they are, youll realize this eventually.

i'm not medicated because i dont really trust them. i was actually homeless at 18 because my mom threw me out, havent talked to her since. i currently live with my grandmother and my father who are both on their way out. they dont really understand what i go through, so they take it kind of personally when i start acting retarded towards them but they tolerate me which is all i can really ask for. i don't have any friends either because i'm horrible with people. soon enough i'll be alone but i'm okay with it i think. i probably will kill myself once i reach a certain age because getting old is hell even for normal people. i watched my grandfather slowly wither away to alzheimers and my gandmother suffers from COPD and its hell watching her gasp for air 24/7

if you only knew how bad things really are user

>i'm not medicated because i dont really trust them.
Literally why though
Could help more than neetbux desu

I wish at least I knew why you couldnt tell me

Typical Boomer mindset. You realize that every generation in human history has viewed the younger generation as lazy and spoiled, right?
You must not be paying attention if you think this generation doesn't have any problems, and increased awareness about mental illness doesn't mean that people are making excuses for their behavior.

>im not mentally ill but i absolutely understand everything about it and you all are lying

hardship doesn't equate to mental illness you fucktard. do poor people in africa and southeast asia look depressed to you?

i would have to be on several different meds and the chance of them helping are even more slim than normal because of all the comorbid issues, they would essentially be fucking around with the wires in my head and i would just have to be their guinea pig while they do their little experiments. a lot of these school shooters were on anti depressants which shows how effective they really are in the long run. i dont want to be dependent on a pill either. im fucked up because of trauma mainly and not because of chemical imbalances

i doubt anyone really wants to sit and read some anons life story on here

Im not a boomer you retard, I was you until I turned 18

I mean ssri at a strong dose can work well for at the very least ptsd ocd and depression without making the other issues worse . No shame to be addicted to something that makes your life easier from my point of view, but it's up for you to see.

They are depressed you stupid fucking mong and they still walk 4 hours a day for 7 pennies while you get pissy because I tell you your illness isnt as bad as you want to believe it is

based 19 yo that somehow "got" mental illness

Sounds like therapy could benefit you. Even people without comorbid disorders struggle to find the right medication, the best we can do is really just trial and error. Have you ever experimented with psychedelic drugs?

Okay man, I concede. Youre severely ill and theres no arguing with that.

Boomerism is a state of mind. Turning 18 doesn't magically fix mental illness

He knows me too you mong

Wtf are you on you retard
Never said I was ill just pointed the fact that your experience doesn't mean shit compared to meta-analysis made by psychiatrists and neuroscience evidence

for every success story with ssris ive read like 10 things about people saying theyve made things worse for them. idk, i just cant handle loud noises, i tick literally every box for ocd symptoms, but i think the depression is just because of my situation and would be fixed easily enough if i had a change of environment and wasnt completely broke 24/7 living in a state where it snows 6 months of the year. i just feel like since ive made it this far without them i'll be fine, i would much rather just get to the root of the problem through therapy

something like 50% of schizos have very fucked up levels of zinc and copper, and for BPD,magnesium at the least

and these nutrients can drastically alter your mood and destroy your health, making it worse, when you get the wrong amounts of them

Okay man, I get it. Your illness is just as severe as you think it is and you wont realize you might have been making things out to be worse than they are in 5 years. Youre legitimately one of the very, very few mental cripples in this world and Im sorry I mistook you for one of the 80 zoomers in this thread who feel the same way. Is that better?

wot?
Origiaiongl

What do you want me to say? Just tell me and Ill say that. Is that better for you?

Fucking snowflakes bro.

ive been in therapy since august 2018, i struggled for a while to get health insurance but finally managed to get medicaid.

>Have you ever experimented with psychedelic drugs?

i have. i'm still me when i'm on them, i react well to acid, i still get the anxiety attacks depending on environmental factors and whatnot but ive never had a "bad trip" as they say, i love doing acid and it actually makes me a little more open in social situations

Ok I understand. Therapy could definitely benefit you but do remember than ssri works for most people, the thing you've read are not uncommon but not a majority. Just my experience and the one of a few friends speaking here, it can work well, especially with therapy alongside.

Are you originally alright?

I dont know how many different ways I can say Ive been where you are and there are people in this thread who are the exact same strain of zoomer as you and I. You grow out of it user. Things arent as bad as you tell yourself.

shut the fuck up boomer retard

orodo

Does the therapy help? I'm thinking of starting myself.
The calmest I've ever felt in years was when I was on acid. I was sitting in a park and all the anxiety and worries just melted away. I wish I could feel that way more often

honestly? the therapy is great for helping you to notice your behavior but other than that i havent seen too many changes. maybe i havent been trying hard enough. i think it's worth it either way. i have literally nobody i can talk to about my issues who understands the way my therapist does. sometimes we even talk about psychedelic drugs. i got lucky with her.

Pfffft, you think your mentally ill? Have you ever killed a man with your bare hands? Have you ever look into the eyes of your mother and felt nothing but hatred for the time she toke your Xbox? You boomers dont know real sufferage. You dont know what it is to wake up every morning and cursed your own dad nutsack for birthing you into this wretched pit of world. I havent seen the sunlight in at least 34 years and Im only 18 and a half. And I have my severe depression and anxiety to thank for that! Oh whats that dad? I should get a job and move out? If only you truly knew what sufferage is you wouldnt speak to me with such insolence! You say youve seen a thousand snowflakes with severe depression and severe anxiety before the time you lift the spoon of your off brand cornflakes? Well Ive seen a bazillion boomer knowitalls before the time I even grew a hair on MY nutsack. The pain I feel radiates from the core of my being like a burning hot coal wedged into my heart, the nights I live are days upon years of sufferage condensed into singularity within my soul, this morning I dropped my toast on the floor and it had a hair on it. The very same from before, that fell from nutsack the day Stacy rejected me in this dream I had, like an autumn leaf, swaying like a childs cradle as it nears the ground. You dont know true sufferage. I bet you cant even tie your laces.

I have diagnosed OCD, but in generally I actually agree with you. Modern medicine can be helpful but some would rather just say "lol muh depression/anxiety!!!!!" rather than actually attempt to do anything to better their lives.

Based as fuck.

>when you have a problem you fucking fix it. you do everything in your power to fix it. people are taught to just accept their own mediocrity and failings rather than try to improve themselves now. doc will just shove some pills down your throat to turn you into an npc
This. It's my main gripe with muh mental illness faggots, how about I don't know start small with something like quitting this place and eating healthier?
>b-b-but i cant :''''(

>Gee user, why didn't I think of that before?
Because you haven't. You wouldn't dare sacrifice your special snowflake status.

What about mental problems as a result of brain damage

I have schizoaffective disorder and grew up in various trailer parks with alcoholic parents.