What's the difference between cults and religions?

What's the difference between cults and religions?

Attached: bom.miss_.2.jpg (1024x924, 214K)

Other urls found in this thread:

premier.org.uk/Blogs/Yeshua-Explored/Yeshua-ben-Yosef
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The original answer is not much.

There is none
[Insert tipping picture]

A religion tends to focus on things and people outside of this world, whereas cults usually focus on an earthly subject and display more paranoid, open hostile behavior. That being said, sometimes you see a crossover of these two concepts, such as with Mormonism.

Cults and religions are the same. Worshipping our LORD CHRIST is neither a cult nor a religion, any more than seeing the sunrise makes you religious for saying "It is morning, the sun is rising."
May God bless you user, and I pray for your salvation.

A cult is more about the group
A religion is more about what they believe in

A cult can only be a practicing cult if everyone joins in. A religion can be practiced by one person alone.

The number of followers kek.

Beyond based and infraredpilled

tax bracket?

In my opinion what separates a cult from a religion is the fact that cults usually have a leading figure who is portrayed almost like a god. In religion god is more like a concept.

usually a cult is smaller and doesn't just let you go if you wanna leave

>imblying that cucktianity isn't a religion
How is Jesus being the messiah and son of (((Yahweh))) any more apparent than the claims of any other religion? I like Christ more than say, Mahomet the pedo warlord, but those who chose to follow Jebus still do so based on faith (and in some cases indoctrination), not reason or logic.

Also dubs of Satan lol.

That's a good idea user. We should call extreme blackpill material the vantablackpill.

Obviously i would say the sun rose if i saw it with my own eyes. Why would anybody worship some guy in roman palestine 2000 years ago for no reason

This the correct answer tbqh

There's bit of a fine line but *a* difference between them is "donations" or membership to advance one's knowledge through the religion. Scientology is always the go to answer for that. But not all cults rely on the same thing. I'd call Jehovas a cult since they isolate you from friends and family and all that jazz. I guess a lot of it just boils down to majority opinion I suppose which is kinda spooky.

Get a dictionary.

cults are more aggressive against people who try to leave or have delusional destructive beliefs

oh wait they're all cults then except like buddhism

oh well

How old and socially accepted they are. Cults are sometimes called "new religious movements."

Religions are state sanctioned.

That reminds me that his real name, the name that he used during his life, was Yeshua ben Yosef (And Yosef was cucked by some chad who was the real father who Miriam got fucked and knocked up by then lied about and said was god lmao). That should help remind cucktians who imagine him as a blonde haired, blue eyed aryan man (when he was actually almost certainly a dark haired, dark eyed jew) of the essential semitic roots of their religion. And while Yeshua himself may have been a good guy despite his jewishness, his buddy Paul messed up his initially decent ideas beyond recognition after his death where he became the vaunted semite on a stick.

Thanks, yeah I suspect that many of the differences stem from the membership numbers.

Article about Yeshua: premier.org.uk/Blogs/Yeshua-Explored/Yeshua-ben-Yosef