/uni/

How's uni going for you guys? I'm off for summer already and looking for a job now.
>inb4 summerfag detected

Attached: 1555877082920.png (1000x542, 21K)

the chances of me graduating went from 80% to 99% and that's great

that's good user, how did that happen?

>finals were a week ago
>teachers STILL haven't posted grades from final exams
>final grades are due to be released by Friday
fucking worried that I failed a class because one of my teachers was a raging faggot that everyone hated

currently looking at job listings on and off, and I can't even find work relevant to either of my majors on my uni's job board. Looking at sites like Indeed gives me better results, but a lot of them are meme tier "7 years experience or more" despite filters. Feeling a very strong temptation to go full virginia tech on either my school's directors and academic advisors for being useless regarding finding work

Attached: jack delet this.png (651x490, 173K)

i got good grades

that's good. i got out of academic probation

>mfw i did a psychology podcast talking about confirmation bias on online boards like reddit and Jow Forums and he didn't grade it for like 2 weeks
i got a 96 on it. i basically praised Jow Forums as a free speech haven going against groupthink

I... failed two classes but I learned my lesson.

how did you fail them user?

Attached: konata.jpg (236x236, 11K)

withdrawing is always better than failing

I went in strong but got super lazy and underwent extreme procrastination. With two F's in my transcript, it's a lesson learned as now I'll be studying consistently (instead of the night before) so that I'll be able to sleep properly throughout the semester instead of worrying incessantly. Sorry if it didnt make sense, but I got cocky (high school mentality still going) and fell down hard on the face, the face isnt broken but it still hurts.

>i basically praised Jow Forums as a free speech haven going against groupthink
nice job user. It's a pretty well known thing for anyone that's gone to both

Jow Forums
>post whatever you want
>worst case you get ignored or called a faggot unless it's some illegal shit that's banworthy like CP
Reddit
>entire system is based on internet points resulting in mass group think and excessive repost culture
>reposts result in people just lazily regurgitating content instead of making more OC
>powertripping mods that are "responsible" for up to hundreds/thousands of subs, rampantly delete and lock anything that goes against the groupthink despite civil conversations

Even if the jannies here can be faggots sometimes, they're nowhere near as bad as Reddit mods. Reddit is only good for niche shit that you'd only have single threads or generals for where the general culture is detached from the website, like Bakugan or Mount and Blade.
The only time that this isn't true is for the dumpster fires that are /v/ and /tv/ where they are just as bad if not worse.

Check your school's grade replacement program if it has one. You'll most likely be able to get those F's removed and replaced with A's/B's/C's if you fill out some paperwork when you retake the classes.

Reddit is normie as shit and is really only good for some memes

I have an 8am final tomorrow and another one at 5pm on Thursday. My grades are fine, just wanna get both over with

yeah, i had a math final at 6pm one day

Yeah thats why I used the metaphor that despite falling hard on my face, it isnt broken. I'm going to replace both of them with an A once Fall starts desu!

Trying to end my digital animation career was a bad decission, i hate every day spend at uni, i can't deal with this anymore, i want to leave and then, take my time and practice some Loomis/draw animuh.

One thing that reddit does better is robot-stuff. Since you can have subreddits without normalfags, you can have pretty decent places for robots.
If all the non-virgins were gone from r9k, I'm certain that it would be very much better.

I have a project due at 12 and I want to die.... I also just realized I made a huge mistake that I need to fix....shit.

Failed a class by 0.7%. I honestly don't blame myself at all for it, bitch didn't even tell us what to study

Retake it and while you do, study the next level since you have extra time, you can do it bro

Yeah, don't go to university to learn animation. Your time would be better spent at an arts college if you want someone to teach you.

I MOTHERFUCKING GRADUATED ANONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached: Yeahbuddy.gif (275x310, 878K)

I'm on probation and I think I'm getting kicked out. I'm scared bros. I've been in school for 6 years and with nothing to show for it. Plus, all of the professors in my major fucking hate me.
(nuclear engineering)

Pls tell me it's gonna be OK

Same for me : ^)
Procrastinate like a damn fool and did last exams without any sleep

Attached: B6E7C671-43E3-4EE9-909E-5DF87E5EE0A7.png (442x429, 46K)

congratulations man good on you

Two finals on Thursday with only tomorrow to cram in an entire semester's worth of information. Wish me luck, boys.

Straight A's again boys. GPA is up to 3.97 and I scored an internship. Still no friends or gf though.

Attached: ouiygg.png (294x291, 187K)

This is my last class before I graduate. Fuck yeah I'm so glad I picked this school.

I took my last final a few hours ago! I feel really good about this semester. It might be my first ever one with straight A's but we shall see...

I really need a GPA boost, I'm applying to all sorts of PhD programs as an undergrad (a thing STEM majors in America can apparently do) and god damn, I really want it. I can keep going and finish a masters first, but if I could short cut my way around it, god I would be so happy.

Attached: brainblast.jpg (985x925, 318K)

failed a class and now i have to retake it. on one hand i was planning to brush up on that material this summer anyway, so it's going to be an easy a this fall.

on the other hand, i've been set a semester back (unless i take six classes next year), and i don't know if i have enough financial aid to pay?
pray for me. haha.

Attached: (Hi10)_Serial_Experiments_Lain_-_03_(BD_720p)_(Coalgirls).mkv_snapshot_21.58_[2019.04.25_17.22.37].p (1008x720, 717K)

good job bitch

great job user
hope you enjoy trying to find a job that isn't 8 bucks an hour

Email the prof and ask him to bump it up. Try to be as nice as you can. Some profs would actually help you user.

I made an appeal 2 weeks ago. It was rejected. Sent another today. Tomorrow I'm going to talk to her or whoever's in charge of the program.

I took a year off and I am going back this fall. I got accepted into my major and did my housing application and got accepted into that as well. But when I went to apply I was told that I had to be re-admitted. I am sure I will be accepted, but I feel it is a bit silly that a student can apply for housing and get accepted into a major without being admitted. Wish me luck.

Attached: 1556938339670.png (500x522, 161K)

No that is bullshit and you know it. You failed the class on your own.

I failed two classes, treat this as a blessing in disguise. You may be a semester or two behind, but it doesn't matter in the longrun so as long as your foundation is not shitty. Because you failed a class, you can study for it over the summer and then when the class actually starts, you'll have another 3.5 months to study for it (or study ahead)!

Those who are usually in charge of the program are the most pretentious assholes

I graduated High School 2: Jewniversity back in 2014. It was barely worth doing. I made no friends, job opportunities are meagre or downright nonexistent with a degree, it cost a whole load that I haven't even started paying back because I don't make enough to be taxed properly. God I wish I had just never bothered. Should have done a trade.

AHAHAH LATER FUCKERS
DONE WITH COMMUNITY COLLEGE

Graduated cum laude, so that's cool
>when are you going to find a job user?

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-04-03 at 9.25.25 PM.png (332x330, 195K)

GPA wasn't where I wanted it to be, off by .06. I feel pretty bad about it honestly. Really need to up my game next semester.
Also sorta dreading my internship in a week, no clue what I've gotten myself into.

Congrats, are you going to a uni? I got mine last year.

Graduated a year early too and working at a pretty cool company. They gave me a full time offer last year.

Is GPA really that important? Just pass the classes for the degree is fine isn't it?

Grad student here. Summer just means less people wandering the halls of the department and less frequent meetings. I guess I get to sleep in for longer, though, so that's nice. Also we can take longer lunch breaks.

Fuck no, employers look at that stuff, especially if you didn't go to a top uni. Even moreso the case for grad school. I'm already pretty fucked GPA-wise, I think.

Is that what they told you or did employers do that to you? What's your major? If true, that sucks greatly, but there's no way they can expect everyone to have high GPA.

That's just what I've been told.
I'm international relations and chinese at a prestigious school but even then it guatuntees nothing. It probably matters less to STEMfags but unless I get at minimum 3.5 or above I'm fucked.

How do you maintain that dude? That sounds ridiculous. Are you just constantly up the ass on assignments and studying? Do you try to 100 everything?

I study Chinese daily and try to juggle everything else academically, plus running a student org and other commitments. I don't think I could do this at all if I was a STEM major.
I don't try to 100 everything but since my school has a shitty grading system I try to 100 as much as possible.

I really want to live that student life but I don't know what major to choose or whether I will even be allowed in.

What should I do to be accepted as a mature student?

Attached: iugtq4.jpg (699x662, 93K)

>tfw don't want to live the student life but stuck as a student
Why can't we just work already and get paid the mad bucks.

Are you though user? Or is it because you're scared?

>last exam is done
>officially done with uni
>relieved and glad i dont need to go back
>remember im into a PhD with funding

should be fine after a rest but more uni rn would be shit

uni might be too hard for me. almost finished with this year but I've failed 4 out of 8 classes. probs gonna drop out and just try college I guess

My people let me recommend Concerta, it got me hitting the books like a madman, all you with daydreaming and attention deficiency issues habeu to try it, it's fucking great

Have*
It helps with focus folks, with my experience you don't even need a doctor's note

My mother doesn't want to do an affidavit saying that she is unemployed and employed in the informal sector because she committed tax fraud for like three years. I need the affidavit for my student funding. So if she doesn't cave in I won't be able to study at uni. I will forever be doomed to be a NEET. How can i convince her it is worthwhile to give the statement to help me? Pls halp Jow Forums, I am desperate.

Attached: 1522666278681.png (428x500, 155K)

>chad loudly asks the prettiest girl to write a note with his mom's handwriting that will cover his early leaving from the class
>everyone's laughing, sure it's a funny joke
>stacy responds to chad saying ok, I will do it for you and tells him not to worry
>everyone is yelling wow, she can do anything for him

>mfw I shared my workplace with her for the last year and I didn't receive a single help from her, I was even disdained in front of her friends
>mfw I was in social isolation all the time and developed a nervous disorder
>I never received help, not a little bit
>but he did
>this fucking shit

Attached: images (6).jpg (216x233, 5K)

>told
most employers don't bother looking at GPA unless it's an engineering meme degree
at best for the jobs I've looked at on my uni's job board, there were GPA requirements of 3.2 to apply

having a good GPA is important but you're more fucked if you don't have any experience like internships. nobody will hire someone with a 3.8 GPA when someone with a 3.3 has worked for a year

>need a note to leave class early

Are you sure you're in college user

see this type of shit doesn't happen in a uni unless you're in a freshman level course with literal frat/sorority turbonormies
if it was a local community college right next to a high school, then you fucked yourself like a retard because those are almost always "high school 2.0"

How awkward is it to start uni at 22? I dropped out on my first semester 3 years ago because I failed the most basic shit but now I'm considering to go back

it's only awkward if you make it awkward. even if you have shit genetics you'll still look young enough to blend in with the rest of the campus if you care about that

I'm gonna graduate at 25, literally no one cares.

That's nothing.
I'm going back this Fall as a 30 year old.

There's a guy in his 50s in one of my classes and he fits in just fine.

How does he "fit in?"
He gets invited to parties?
He's dating one of the girls in the class?
Give me a break.

As in he gets along fine with other students and is able to talk with them without feeling like their dad. He's a cool guy.

Ok but it's not like he's actually fitting in.
No one is going to spend any time with him.

>school is for parties and dating girls
Grow up faggot, he fits in by studying like the other students are doing, and probably occasionally chatting about the coursework or other common interests in between lectures and going home to his actual life
Not muh house parties and drugs

>in college all the time

>not partying and using drugs
what a loser

Exactly, why study considering we literally pay hundreds of dollars per class session and thousands per credit, hundreds on books... Its not as though study is the reason I became a student or anything....

I could gobble ecstacy, smoke weed and fuck Stacie's without having to pay tuition ffs

Dont worry about him user, after failing his second semester in a row and putting himself thousands in debt maybe he'll figure it out.

pretty good gonna finish first year this month

What are you guys planning on doing over the summer? I got a summer job and plan on doing more activities outdoors. Hiking, starting a small garden. Stuff like that

Attached: 1555085293075.jpg (1024x683, 243K)

in my second semester of degree. failed 3 out of 5 class. im fucked. literally cant study for more than 3 minutes

A living hell

Attached: 7CDAF320-C91A-46BA-9098-149A42A9B994.png (1920x1080, 1.29M)

how tf do people study without having interest on the subject

Just eat information, forget it then eat it again.

What classes were they? Why can't you study?

havent been in class for 2 weeks
fuck my life

What is happening with you people... Do you not have to pay for uni where you are? At the very least you're paying with your time, during which you could be making money therefore there is a definite expense or cost to you going. Yet you don't do your coursework or even fucking show up. In some classes all you need to do is pick one of those actions or the other--course work or show the fuck up, and you'll pass--but you mongs are doing neither..... Honestly embarrassed for you guys. That's so stupid and sad just be a student or stop and get a job. Stop burning your parents money or ruining your own credit

>2 week until new semester starts
MAKE IT STOPPPPPP

Attached: 1506006744270.jpg (597x519, 34K)

>tfw taking summer classes
>tfw trying hard as fuck to find the textbooks that I need online for free
>can't find jack fucking shit
Jesus fucking christ. I was able to do it for the last two online classes I had. Why is it so hard for this one?