Attached: Whis.jpg (225x225, 7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

brainyquote.com/quotes/winston_churchill_129864?src=t_truth_is
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I know that feel, user.
>try to quit
>start having fucking seizures
I really don't see a way out of this.

my stupid family tells me I need to go to AA just because I drink more than twice a week. they're all paranoid because alcoholism runs in the family.

when I do drink I drink a lot though. I'll down a whole bottle in a night and end up pissing in the corner of my room. but I don't think I have a real problem.

>I'll down a whole bottle in a night and end up pissing in the corner of my room.
Bad news for ya buddy

give it to me straight, doc. am I gonna be ok?

Just go to rehab friend. They say it's extremely unpleasant but if you still got things to live for, it's far better than wasting your life away.

Attached: Lolrum.jpg (194x259, 8K)

my country is in top 5 alcohol consumption per capita and everyone here seems to be proud of it, more than 60% of the population are functioning alcoholics, nothing wrong with that, just don't start drinking if you can't handle it, I've know neighbourhood kids who have been drinking since 12 and they ended up fine in life, good jobs, nice wifes etc

>they're all paranoid because alcoholism runs in the family.
>when I do drink I drink a lot though. I'll down a whole bottle in a night and end up pissing in the corner of my room.
>but I don't think I have a real problem.

Attached: fry.png (603x452, 188K)

Especially when you have a loving and caring family.

>I'll down a whole bottle in a night and end up pissing in the corner of my room

Should we tell him?

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. Read more at: brainyquote.com/quotes/winston_churchill_129864?src=t_truth_is

Attached: Timothy.jpg (264x191, 6K)

>I'll down a whole bottle in a night and end up pissing in the corner of my room.
Kids these days, what the fuck.

How long have you be drinking for user?

At least it's a way to lose your weight.

Is that true? I only drink beer and I don't believe it's helping me lose weight

as a recovering and still struggling alcoholic, I can say that getting sober and staying sober is a life long challenge. If you are drinking more than say 6 units a day you need to cut back. If you are seriously doing well above that to the point you get sweats and shakes if you dont drink for 6 hours like what I had then you need serious medical intervention. Go to a hospital and say you are an alcoholic in need or serious detox. They have drugs and even iv drips with a tiny bit of alcohol to help you get back on track. It can take up to a month to get totally clean and not have the shakes. Do it for yourself before you end up dying in your bed or on the floor or hanging yourself. Do it for everyone else if not just for yourself.

i used to love getting blotto from time to time but I don't care for it any more. alcohol gets boring.

sucks, I was concern at some point that I was a drunk, but lately thanks to depression actually setting in I think I'm over (LEL) so never really was a problem.

I may just go out on saturday and drink, most of the week I have a beer at most

Go to detox and then seek recovery. There's no stigma these days, if you have to leave your job to go to treatment you'll prob get a bunch of "attaboy"'s and pats on the back for being " brave" and "facing your problem head on". Also if you're union or work for a company there's a good chance they can't terminate you, may willingly pay all or part of the cost or copay. Some companies have to pay your way and sometimes its paid leave per medical leave act. It can be pretty based desu I did rehab and it was like a free 6 week vacation. They detox you with a benzo taper so it's painless.

Just go dude, you'll lose everything and everyone anyway if you don't get sober

I'm considering quitting cold turkey. I only drink like, on the weekends. I thought it was innocent because I never get black out nor my personality changes ie turning violent, i don't even drink shots because I can't...
But I'm going through some harsh times and often I wonder if I do get drunk to cope with social situations and be the party animal I want to be but I can't right now because of how sad I am.
Maybe I should give it a break, stay home and focus on myself rathet than forcing myself to br there at all the parties? I don't know guys

>Drinks twice a week.

I down at least a bottle a day, every day. Get on my level.

I don't really know if I have a problem. I drink every day but it can be as little as a beer or two if I really try to control myself. But for about two years I have basically been binge drinking almost every night.

Worried now because I'm pooping weird and I have to get my gallbladder tested. I'm only 25 and I've barely drank for more than 2-3 years.

how do you have anxiety but you can go for days without food?

That's just what alcoholism is like.
At my worst I literally had to force myself to eat one small thing per day because really all I wanted to do was drink and nothing else, because basically I'd be sick any other way.

Gee, why don't you try tapering off you fucking brainlet faggot? Stupid motherfucker.

Attached: image.jpg (990x682, 346K)

I try to but I fail every time.

Then you're trying wrong. It's called setting a limit, sticking to it, and scaling down every time. And newsflash, retard, you have to use the same type of alcohol every night or the doses aren't comparable.

Attached: image.jpg (378x625, 111K)

I know, user, but I just lose control when I'm feeling depressed. It really isn't as easy as you make it seem, the thing is I use alcohol to cope, but in the long run it's causing me even more problems and now I'm close to hitting the lowest of the low. Like I'm in debt, I've lost all of my friends, I'm failing hard at everything I try to do...

Well I use marijuana instead.

Attached: image.jpg (480x270, 86K)

Yes because decision making is rational and easy when you're drunk as fuck

If U Cant Make Good Decisions Drunk Bro..Why TF U Even Drinking? Haha Retard

Attached: zyzz.jpg (168x300, 8K)

>posts pics of zyzz
>meanwhile smells of pizz

> it's not my fault I'm an alcoholic, I was drunk when I took that last shot!
You're fuckin' pathetic lmao.

Attached: image.jpg (888x894, 379K)

I don't think rehab or AA has ever helped anyone. It definitely will not help if you're only doing it to appease people or go through the motions. And if you really do want to quit yourself, just stop going to the store and buying it.

>12th day sober.
>bored as hell.
>dont even feel better about anything.
>waiting for lab results of kidney and liver function
>planning on getting an ultrasound of my liver soon.

i want to be drunk right now. sobriety is a meme

Attached: im feeling perfectly fine.jpg (700x466, 79K)

>I don't think rehab or AA has ever helped anyone.
Are you just an idiot, or was this a typo/incomplete sentence?
>...has ever helped anyone [who didn't choose to go on their own accord]
Would still be false and stupid but at least make some sort of rational sense.

>AA has never helped anyone
t. someone who has never ever even been near a 12 step meeting in their entire life and has no idea what it might even be like

yeah its rough user we need some sort of stimulant or depressant to cope. And sure drinking is relaxing above many things, remember it is inevitably hollow, full of the same empty as your problems. That goes for any drug honestly.

Try your best to taper off, and find a hobby that encourages you to feel sober while doing it, something you need focus for.

Then drinking can stop being a coping mechanism, and start being a celebration.

Sobriety is for when you need to be focused on something mentally or physically challenging. Or to be impressive and competitive in social situations.

DESU the rush I get from exercising is similar to a drug high, so I prefer to go into it sober to get the full effect. Then drink a bit afterwards to mix the feelings.

>"I can't be an alcoholic because I..."

Listen, bud. If you're drinking so much you piss on the floor, and you're doing it on a regular basis, you're probably an alcoholic. Even if it's just two nights a week. It could eventually become more. Normal people rarely get that shitfaced. Your denial is strong.

recommend me some good cocktails

Attached: 1557859852448.jpg (540x720, 33K)

>normal people rarely get shitfaced
Most college aged men drink a lot on Fridays and Saturdays, but since is something social is not so frowned upon

Ew at least use a bottle

In Australia it's extremely common for men to drink a 6 pack daily after work we are also one of the most depressed nations in the west

Life was horribly boring before drinking how would anything change by quitting drinking can anyone explain this?

are you conscious of the fact that you're having a seizure? what does it feel like? I had to go through withdrawal and i was getting "brain zaps" which were putting me in panic mode because i thought a seizure was right around the corner but it never happened.

I am an alcoholic but I don't drink anymore. I spent 5ish years abusing drugs and alcohol and my last "relapse" was about this time last year. I live with an active alcoholic. The best things for you to do, and you wont, but youre an alocohlic, is to ask someone with resources for help. You need to detox professional and attend a rehab for at least 30 days but ideally 90. Then you need to start over. NOT come back to whereever it is that youve developed your habit. Obviously this wont happen but it is the best chance any addict has of getting off and staying off.
There's a story of a tree, it grows in a forest with bad soil and is overshadowed by other trees. Because its malnourished and doesn't get enough light the tree grows poorly. Its leafs welt over time and it slowly dies. One day a gardener sees the tree and decided to help it. He and his friend dig up the trees root and move it to their home, where it is water and giving nutrient soil by a window with plenty of light throughout the day. Time passes and the tree does well. Its leaves turn green again and it grows tall. After a few months the gardender pats himself on the back and returns the tree to the spot he found it. He leaves thinking what a good things he down. When he comes back to check on the tree if has died because the conditions that originally led to its sickness were still present.

boring is good user. do something else. go mountain biking when youre sober.

do crack instead. that will get you off the alcohol

If I couldn't get drunk every night I would have killed myself a long time ago. It has its uses. By the time I recover from my hangover tomorrow, my shift at work will be over, and I can buy more alcohol.

Boring and extremely anxious

>tfw you drink because youre always angry but the amount of alcohol you drink to not be angry isn't enough anymore so you have to drink just a little bit more than you used to just to calm the fuck down.

Yea I really should have seen this coming.

Attached: 1555671473675.png (177x217, 46K)

what's that image supposed to mean?
i remember when i drank i drank a liter sometimes 2
tried to die of alchohol poisoning but i guess you need a lot more

pretty much same except that I go to mc d at night for some fast food

I exercise all the time but i drink alot and often, can out run all my friends on a 5k, can lift pretty damn good for my age and weight, have a bit of a beer belly, gonna start cutting he alcohol.

qt japanese gf doest mind but i want my belly as flat as hers

Attached: C83B8F66-98FB-4D68-B515-81253224A8B0.jpg (640x491, 47K)

if you had a good day, they only need a little bit of booze
for a bad day, a lot
and if they have a whole cup, don't ask how their day was

>get weird feeling in my head
>feels like slight pressure
>drink and it goes away
>drinking more every sunday night

its not looking good but im not gonna change

Attached: 1532569542601.png (500x430, 70K)

how much liquor do you need to die?

could also mean their day doesn't go from bad to good until the booze is almost finished

a whole bottle of what?

I drink a bottle of bourbon every weekend and don't give a fuck. I like being drunk.

Attached: 1553139315979.jpg (249x249, 18K)