You should be able to solve this if you want a job

You should be able to solve this if you want a job.

Attached: file.png (1176x542, 311K)

Trend Supported.

>mfw don't know mathematical expressions
I don't want to do your homework but I guess it's "supported"

Attached: FB_IMG_15539580266903400.jpg (534x410, 157K)

Fuck no, Tom just padding his numbers with a bullshit chart

>Americans think this gradeschool stuff is difficult
rofl.

This is university level mathematics retard

spotted the brainlets

You would be surprised how confused people can get with all the information there is presented.

Pretty sure tom is full of shit, even if the trend is supported. He's clearly fudging his numbers the lying shit.

>Americans learn gradeschool mathematics at the University
aha
ahahah
ahahhaha
rofl

Tom
>1 year, 8 calls per day
>6 months, 5 calls per day
>increase of 3 calls per day

Company average
>1 year, 11 calls per day
>6 months, 6 calls per day
>Increase of 5 calls per day

In conclusion, at one year of sales experience, Tom made less calls per day than at six months of sales experience, relative to the company average.

So you want a job? Solve this in 30 minutes with no computer.

Attached: 1528678312193.png (851x846, 573K)

>university level
>i, an 18 y/o hs dropout, could realize the solution in 30 seconds

Since when was /sci/ a red board.

1 . Top floor obviously

2. No idea what any of this means

3.No chance of final ball being red

All wrong sorry.

W... Why can people not read directions? Are you just too impatient?

>impatient
>question requires you to make tons of conclusions instead of just outright stating it to you
This is why the world is in the state it is. Make it easier to read.

Start drop at 10 then 20 then 30 then 40 then 50 then 60 then 70 then 80 then 90 then 100. Whenever the first egg breaks start dropping from the closest number you dropped from and keep increasing by 1. Guaranteed to get you the answer in 19 drops.

My English is pretty bad and I have no idea about English mathematical terms so I cannot understand the question. But I can kind of read directions.

>burger education strikes again

Attached: 1527532295901.jpg (371x412, 34K)

Are you fucking retarded? We literally solved harder shit in middle school. Are Amerimutts really this fucking stupid? Not surprised btw.

trend supported? what the fuck does trend supported even mean? gtfo with this nerd shit

Attached: 1557601010598.jpg (900x900, 52K)

Hmm I don't feel like doing the super fancy math, so I will just guess, as I'm feeling lucky today. :^)

Trend not supported! Correct?

Attached: chocolatepose.jpg (225x317, 38K)

>So you want to bust your ass for mister shekelstein at minimum wage?

You can do it in 14 drops.
Hint: think

saw this and turned 360 degrees and walked away, nice try brainlet

Trend is not supported, correct.

No it isn't supported.

The average stagnates from year 1 to 2. Tom's sales weren't as high but kept increasing until year 10 to year 15

Good to hear.

(This comment is original)

Attached: chocolate.jpg (315x371, 46K)

A fucking leaf here. I can vaguely remember doing shit like this in my grade 8 or 9 math text book. So this is like middle school or early high school level math.

I wished I wasn't such a "too cool for learning" kind in middle school, otherwise I could've solved this.

Thanks old self, you screwed me over, now I look dumb in front of the internet people.

Start on 15 then increase by 14 then by 13 then 12 and so on.

>You should be able to solve this if you want a job.
Good thing I don't want a job then

It's 50/50 anyway. I'd answer "trend supported" and if it was an actual problem of consequence you should hire someone who can generste a p value

Well except these are all petty standard software engineering questions so if you answer these you would probably be looking at a 100k/year job
T. SWE at Facebook :^)

1. Is a fairly known problem. It is cool because there are different ways of approaching it, but anons answer of every 10 floors is an almost optimal approach

2. Total joke, literally just follow any neighbouring number that is smaller than the current one. They are distinct so you are guaranteed to converge on a local minimum. You almost cannot get this wrong

3. This actually seems like a hard probability question, anyone know how to do it? The other user that said the last ball cannot be red is a literally retard and I would be surprised if they have a triple digit iq

fuckin hell i just realised that its not a statement but a pseudoQuestion. Anyways a false statement

>sales
>bar charts
DROPPED

Attached: surely.jpg (300x170, 50K)

>Solve this
user, there isn't even a question. Just a chart, a fact, and potential outcomes. There is therefore no solution, the only answer is to let nature continue in its course.

>solve this with no computer
>posts this on a computer

>2. Total joke, literally just follow any neighbouring number that is smaller than the current one. They are distinct so you are guaranteed to converge on a local minimum. You almost cannot get this wrong
That's not O(n).

I shove eggs into my ass and make a big braaappppp sound

I'm going to guess your idea is the same sas the guy you're replying to, but instead of counting up from X1, you start at X5 and count either up or down, so you're at most using 5 tries once you find the right 10 value.
But you can expand on that idea even further and use a binomial algorithm. You have two bounds, lower and upper. At the start, these bounds are 1 and 100. Then you drop the egg from the halfway point, which is 50 at the start. If the egg breaks, you change the upper bound to the midpoint. If it doesn't break, you change the lower bound to the midpoint. Repeat this process, changing the boundary every time, and you'll get an answer.

That doesn't work, you only have two eggs.
And that's not what binomial means.

they're eggs you fucking idiots, if you drop an egg out of a first floor (second US) window itll smash on the ground.

fucking nerds think they know shit but then when it comes to actual practical ability you're all USELESS

It's a doll house.

not even close, just do a binary search, start at 50 and go half towards the correct one, either 25 or 75, repeat until you get it

I dont get it. what is the question here?

Attached: 5.jpg (644x500, 39K)

Binary search doesn't work user.

What if the egg breaks on any level over 24, then you've already wasted your two eggs.

Ah true, but you can still just choose the min. neighbor and it will be O(n), as the Max run time would be 2n (in the case that it is in the opposite corner)

>mfw I had to solve this question in an interview
>mfw I now do quantitative trading and make 200k/year
Cope harder brainlet

No, what if it's a spiral pattern?
It will be O(n^2).

>Do these things move in lockstep
>'university level math'
What the fuck