Why does LA seem like heaven and hell at the same time?

Why does LA seem like heaven and hell at the same time?

Attached: LosAngeles_with_palms_Adobe.jpg (1200x800, 325K)

If you're filthy rich literally any place can be considered heaven to live in. For everyone else, living in LA fucking sucks.

Where would you recommend if you want to live in a similar climate?

What you're experiencing is conflicts between emotions and facts. From an emotional side, LA has a certain glamour to those that haven't been and the weather can be good if a little hot. But spending real time there will confront people with a reality check wrt cost of living, traffic, irritating people, high competition for everything, huge homelessness, and pending environmental issues like earthquakes and drinkable water.

It's a very mixed bag and the rose-colored glasses tend to fade quickly.

Probably many other cities in California. There are much cheaper places that are pretty cool if what you're mainly after is the climate, not something like a career in film, etc.

Have you lived there user?

Lived in the Bay Area for many years, but visited LA many times during that. And have a few friends who still live there for now.

But many people seek to escape CA like I did.

Is the cost of living and homelessness as crazy as the right wing media portrays it to be in socal?

Yes it's that bad.
You don't want to be anywhere near CA unless you're in the tech bubble. Even if you're in the tech bubble, your best bet is to get good enough to work remotely or in another state.

I grew up in the Bay Area and left as soon as I could. What state did you go to? I went to Idaho, I love it up here

The average rent for an apartment in Los Angeles is $2,371
The median household income in Los Angeles is $55,909
Taxes are also high.
Commutes are crazy bad.
LA is #2 in homelessness, only outdone by NYC

LA is good if you use Grindr, lots of sissies and twinks there to fuck and suck, a city filled with boisin

Jesus christ, how do they manage to fuck up their region that bad with such big industries. Is it truly because of NIMBYs and taxes like a lot of people claim the reason is?

My theory is that it's BECAUSE of the industry. You get tech giants plus hollywood in the same state, and there's literally buckets of cash for the government to grab. Plus they can let housing and other shit get completely out of control / abusive and there will STILL be a lot of people that can afford to support it.

And, if things get embarrassingly bad, they can claim to do something about it by raising taxes even further and increasing programs instead of actually trying to solve the real issues at hand. Breeds lazy thinking - "Just throw money at it" is the solution for everything.

The only good thing is the climate and that's fucked now
I hope the whole place burns down or falls into the ocean.

Attached: 67E91941-6F50-4B69-821A-689F12FEF421.jpg (500x345, 37K)

I considered moving there because of the scenery and tech jobs. I realize that so called incels hardly exist in big cities like LA or NYC. Maybe because the population is big enough that there's someone for most people and that public transportation makes it easier to get around.

>good climate
Anything above 75F is too hot. When it's cold you can always bundle up, but when it's hot you're just sweaty, miserable and drained. Hot weather also breeds more insects and other nasty shit

Lived there majority of my life and glad i moved out.

>shit traffic
>shit wages
>shit people
>materialistic shit
>taxes
>either poor or rich, no middle ground
Only thing people like about california is the weather but thats it. Theres pockets in the city where its a ghost town full of homeless people.

Attached: IMG_2568.jpg (712x528, 44K)

It's by the ocean tho so you get the cool breeze

Can confirm. Lived in the same area, visited LA many times. The place is absolute shit. It holds up much better in daydreams. GTFO of CA ASAP if you live there, many people are right now, best time to do it imo.

addendum: i also went to idaho and close to boise, it's very nice here

I left for the south of Virginia. Nice weather, very green, low cost of living.

The girls are hot af there though