Would your life change more drastically if you got a 2 points boost in looks, or a boost of 20 IQ points?

Would your life change more drastically if you got a 2 points boost in looks, or a boost of 20 IQ points?

Attached: Pcdxzvq.gif (320x240, 1.01M)

no I am good looking and purty smart

Im an 8/10 with 123 iq so Id take the 2 extra points and be a model thanks its not like iq matters past 90 in our society anyway

I already have people who consider me attractive and intelligent(no not my mom) what I need is self discipline or motivation to accomplish my goals

Also to follow up
Being attractive as a guy doesn't mean as much as being attractive as a girl so the 20+ IQ could maybe benefit me

The answer no matter who you ask is looks

Nothing good comes of having a high intellect. I already suffer enough with a single standard deviation above average, I can't imagine the isolation that comes with two SD. Meanwhile looks are almost everything in life and nobody has ever suffered for being too attractive.
In a nutshell- unless you're borderline retarded (80-90IQ) the looks are the infinitely better idea.

IQ doesn't exist so give me that conventional attractive boost hell yeah
but yeah it'd probably give me a good confidence boost and I could not have panic attacks outside all the time.

>iq is intangible, dumbass and varies. plus what good will it do if I can't put it to use. I'm already smart but I can't use my intellect to my full potential.
>looks can return to shit if you're not trying to maintain your hygiene and overall health.
so no, it won't change drastically.

Attached: iron man drunk.jpg (419x376, 75K)

Looks would change more imo
besides, IQ still needs to be applied, looks are a pretty much a selfrunner

20 I.Q points 100%. And I say this as an ugly khv dateless. If you're a genuine 135+ I.Q you're unironically set for life and can really do anything you want. With all the money you can make from being high I.Q you could just get some minor plastic surgery that will easily increase your attractiveness by 2 points.

Looks, people judge books by their cover. Just that slight opinion boost for no reason other than being good-looking can make a world of difference.

According to modern research, your life would change more if the average IQ of your country increased by 1 point than if your own IQ increased by 10 points.

I'm already really attractive. The old ladies at church tell me so and plenty of females be thirsting. I'd absolutely take the 20 points IQ. With higher IQ you'd literally be more conscious and experience more of the world.

yep this

132 IQ and if i was 150 i would literally be a deity
note: martin cabello has a 155 IQ, so he can be an example of someone 3 standard deviations above average

I'm satisfied with my appearance

I'll take the extra IQ please

2 pt boost in looks, im already smart

Cringe post you only think you'd be a diety because the only thing you have going for you is your iq so you pretend its important

Looks please. Women don't want to fuck my brain.

Unless you really love math you don't really need anything above 130 to succeed, you should be able to do anything already if you try hard enough.

Terence Tao has an IQ of about 230, true genius, but is he regarded as a god? No

i'm taking the look boost.

I've already been tested (in person) that i have at least an 140 iq.

iq doesn't mean shit unless you actually put it to use.

according to my ASVAB scores i have an iq between 115 and 130, so i doubt it would have any meaningful impact on my quality of life

the looks on the other hand would take me from average to chad. (have the height and frame but average face)

but we can't choose the hand were dealt ,we just play what we have till we can't no more.

>its not like iq matters past 90 in our society anyway
t. 90 iq

IQ needs to be applied like big muscles need to be applied, you'll use it constantly anyway and it will make your life demonstrably easier.

can i just wake up in the morning feeling refreshed and excited instead?

interesting how 100 to 120 isn't a huge boost, but 120 to 140 is extraordinary

what? professional mathematicians compete to pique his interest in problems they're working on but have gotten stuck on, because he's so exceptional that there's a good chance that he can solve what they can't

Gotta go with the IQ thing

I know i'm above average in looks due to having a pretty hot gf and shit, but I gotta assume i'm around average in intelligence. And jumping a few standard deviations would be pretty neat anyhow

My IQ points literally can't be increased any further, so obviously the looks points will be more beneficial.

an IQ increase would probably make me even more miserable

it's a fucking massive boost, it moves you from being as smart as the average farmer to being as smart as the average doctor or the top 25% of electrical engineers. the median pay moves from $40k to $55k, and the quality of life goes up.

So I got an actual administered IQ test and was tested at 125. If I was boosted to 145. I would go from 1/21 to 1/750, which is a fairly big difference.

On the other hand looks would just make me average looking, which wouldnt be that big of a change.

cant i just get basic social skills instead, pls?

>professional mathematicians compete to pique his interest
I can think of very little that I would want any less then that. Unless they are sending their nubile daughters to me to hand out the papers.

god I would love a higher IQ, the only way my looks could get better honestly is if I was taller, I'm regularly complimented for my face.

Looks, easily.