Creative Thread

Been a few days since I've seen one. Love to see what other creative robots have been up to! Share your work! Music, Art, Photography, Memes etc

Attached: capture9.png (1093x545, 220K)

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/user-doesntmatter
soundcloud.com/lofibeatstorelaxandstudy/practicetal2_0
github.com/kokubunji/TalkToWaifu
soundcloud.com/plague94/lysergic-lethargic
soundcloud.com/user-920832561/ocean
imgur.com/a/j7m4Xio
instaud.io/3G5M
soundcloud.com/big_blue_bazooka/still-here-with-you
soundcloud.com/onzerc/the-grey-axe
pastebin.com/MfPXn5iH
soundcloud.com/user-24941529/xhost-wet-socks
soundcloud.com/user-24941529/xhost-heavenly-blue
soundcloud.com/user-24941529/babic-voodoo-business
soundcloud.com/user-24941529/brain-collider
instaud.io/3HcQ
pastebin.com/QiFReFAk
youtube.com/watch?v=4SMgG0fPNKg&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=4SMgG0fPNKg
soundcloud.com/urio903
instaud.io/3Hj7
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Still working on an album. Work is going slow since life gets in the way, which is frustrating
soundcloud.com/user-doesntmatter

Attached: 1405703368775.jpg (1680x944, 46K)

ive not uploaded much to my soundcloud recently. Had no motivation to make music for a month but ive been working again. Feel free to send thoughts though... mostly stuff i did in february-march. Ples gib critique :c
soundcloud.com/lofibeatstorelaxandstudy/practicetal2_0

Attached: 1557054330992.jpg (500x355, 21K)

This is something i did in like 10m just to exercise

Attached: 20190516_111130.png (890x753, 50K)

do you start with a scale when playing music?

if you're a retard who thinks musical theory matters in any way yes.
spoiler: it matters only for deconstructing music and learning about already existing and made pieces
Scales can be useful but learning them and memorizing is retarded and is a waste of your time

but I can't play shit by ear, I need a scale

im not saying you shouldnt use them but if you wanna memorize them and act highly its a waste of time. Just look up the scale you wanna use. In the end using them is pointless though unless you're trying to get a specific type of a melody and can't make it up without help.

Ever wonder why in most sci fi, no matter how much armor you wear, it still only takes 1 shot from a handgun or lesser strong weapon to kill a person.
I mean, black widow killed alien soldiers with a tiny handgun.

You need to learn the rules before you can break them. If you are starting out you should write with scales and keys but you don't need to be afraid to play outside whatever scale you are using. It is good to know the fundamentals first because it will be a lot easier in the long run. If you really want to though you can just play chromatic and play but trial and error to find the sound you are looking for but this is going to take much longer overall then just learning basic music theory. Musicyheory.net is a really good site for learning and its laid out very cicinct and well presented and uses diagrams too.

If bummer never ends is here, your demo album is amazing and I'm not just saying that to be nice. I love the album and would seriously give it a 8 or 9/10. It reminded me of twin fantasy which is one of my favourite albums

here you go man. Cassidy from LiS2

Attached: cass.png (537x458, 30K)

blah blah blah i wasted my life to go to music school and im salty it wasnt requierd to make good music and actually prevents me because i learnt certain impulses and now i know so much i dont know what to start with and am too stupid to focus on a brick that ill now try to force people like the snob i am saying how brah brah brah its rEQIEREWD TO KNOWE THE SCALZZZ :(* ( (( ( ( please go die

LOL Couldn't tell you user, I fell asleep during the Avengers.

Very nice, could really bring it up a notch by adding some brighter but subtle highlight on the figure and monster, that light source is very strong and it would allow you flesh things out a bit more too

Not aware of the character user, but I like the attitude, are you using a mouse or a tablet?

Can't lie user, not really to my tastes so I can't really give you decent critique from that stand point. But never the less I like how glitched out and it makes me feel unnerved which I think is a great achievement. Also have a Lain for a Lain. Keep up the work though I think it'd be a great background track for a creepy cyberpunk game or short film

Attached: 1557641216751.jpg (1073x956, 1.16M)

>soundcloud.com/user-doesntmatter
For some reason I'm not getting any audio from your sound cloud, but I will check back in a bit and give you some feedback :)

I started drawing

I am thinking about getting into synthwave/pop. Looking into synthesizers and drum kits, why are they so expensive? Would anons recommend any models? Tips on getting started?

Some user wanted to make a chatbot with GPT-2 so I fixed up my code and put it up:
github.com/kokubunji/TalkToWaifu

Attached: Screenshot_2019-05-18_05-31-12.png (702x272, 32K)

I draw every day :)
any other ic fags here? anyone do dad?

Pretty much all music gear is really expensive. I'd probably recommend you to work with plugins and drum samples first and to torrent all of them so you don't spend all that money right out the gate. When you then decide to buy some actual hardware you should first get familiar with synthesizers and decide what you actually want and need. I'm far from being an expert when it comes to synths so I don't feel comfortable recommending anything

Just put out a little track.
soundcloud.com/plague94/lysergic-lethargic
I got like 2 finished ones and 2 more that need lyrics and vocals for my upcoming release but progress has been slow.

Based Doesntmatter! I love your individual tracks so far, I'm curious to see what you can do with an album.
quite trippy stuff, why do you refer to yourself as 'we'? Are there multiple people in this project?
very Lovecraftian

Attached: 1552778521220.jpg (688x610, 43K)

I plan to do something a bit more cohesive and concise with my album. So far it's just been a whole bunch of stuff thrown together. I wanna go for a similar sound to the last track I uploaded, only more fleshed out and with vocals for once.

ohh hell yeah, that's what I thought your stuff was missing: vocals.

btw, did you use a real bass guitar on your latest track? If not, you gotta tell me what VST that was.

soundcloud.com/user-920832561/ocean
I'm busy a lot now and deleted all my other shit.

Attached: 1557200539422.jpg (612x480, 30K)

Yeah, I've had the same feeling for a while. Instrumental music is neat too but I wanna do something with vocals.
And no that was a crummy, cheap bass guitar. That was actually the first piece of music equipment I ever bought. Don't really use VSTs for instruments anymore. Well, except for drums.

thanks a lot! im glad you liked it! |
the project is just me as of now, it was just a random decision to write the bio like that when i was tired at 3 AM and wanted to make a proper one. ^ ` ^

Attached: 2.png (767x947, 1018K)

Oh and I forgot, best tip to start, I would say, is to just listen to music you like and analysing it. Trying to see what they do to make their music sound good and then trying to emulate that. Also experiment and learn about intervals. As in the distance between two notes and how that affects the mood and feeling of the music

bumping

pic related my last "thing"

my older works:
imgur.com/a/j7m4Xio

Attached: 4.png (1000x1000, 1.91M)

OP here, np at all Lain user, I'm assuming you're the same user who I've talked to before who always uses a Lain pic.

Attached: ExcitableSinfulAssassinbug-small.gif (960x681, 598K)

instaud.io/3G5M

Working on this right now. It's not finished but I haven't got any feedback yet. Missing lyrics.

good track

bumb

soundcloud.com/big_blue_bazooka/still-here-with-you

Attached: 12459008903_35b1fabe0d_o.jpg (1504x1142, 946K)

I like this. It reminds me of the cover to one of my favorite albums, Mr thug isolation

rotten little man

Attached: bungus5.png (570x1012, 317K)

Thank you user, I appreciate your feedback

(lum is good)

Nice! The mushrooms growing on his head/hair are a real great touch

barompu

mouse mspaint masterrace

I am always impressed by anyone who can do anything in MS paint, I tried it once, swiftly went back to photoshop, good job user

andere bump

I wanna make music for video games.

soundcloud.com/onzerc/the-grey-axe

I made this for a residency i was applying to.

Though now im being lazy cause i cant think up of anything. How do you guys go through writer's block?

Attached: gost.png (794x786, 926K)

I started this year off with daily art fagmentals practice but ive hit a wall now with my motivation being low self doubt high and all kinds of other self defeating shit. I have no pic to share because i never actually draw anything just do practice

Continuing to write.

Someone said the last thing I posted here was too long to read/give feedback on, so I figured I'd post one that's a little shorter.

pastebin.com/MfPXn5iH

Sounds like a sour grapes attitude from someone too stupid to comprehend music theory.

HEY HEY! NOW WE ALL DANCE!
THROW YOUR MEAT IN THE AIR!
WHERE DID YOU GO?
YOU CANT LEAVE ME ALONE!
DONT LET ME BE BY MYSELF BIG BROTHER!
ITS SCARY!

Attached: lolicore3.png (1500x1500, 1.25M)

holy shit what the fuck, thank you so much dude, i never expected to read something like this, im shocked
thats really awesome to read and im super glad you liked it, thats like made my day man for real

i need to catch up on yr latest tracks, looking forward to an album!

cool stuff man, i like skeletons a lot, also hi

pirate a DAW like ableton or fl studio if you havent already and learn the shit out of it

would it kill ya to tune your acoustic guitar? or is the intonation a bit off? haha, its a cool vibe tho, very laid back, some nice moments here and there with the electric guitar too

> How do you guys go through writer's block?
just try and get something down, you might not like it but at least you'll know what you dont like and you can work from there and maybe figure something out, works a lot for me when im writing but might not be the same for everyone

this was nice man

dude i love the melodies! and what im assuming is the chorus (at 1:32) is fucking dope
its your choice how you make music, and you said its not done yet, but the bass sounds kinda low and rumbly, try dropping the sub a tiny bit and boost around 80-500hz, play around with that. a lot of people are listening to music on shitty laptop speakers or earbuds so some lower frequency sounds wont come through as well they do on good headphones/speakers. sorry if you already know this shit and you just havent got to it yet, but i really like this and would gladly give feedback and advice to help you get this sounding as good as it can

I always like these threads. I actually just switched over my mead (honey wine) batch into its final stage of fermentation. I should have about six gallons here in the next few weeks.

Attached: The King's Bastard.jpg (2056x3896, 1.57M)

i cant go by ear exactly, i downloaded it and had a look at it in fl studio, the bass needs a boost around 300Hz if you want it to be audible on lower quality audio systems. you could try just doubling it an octave higher and then rolling off the higher frequencies if theres too much. i dont mean to tell you how to make your music, i know that shits annoying, tell me to get bent if you want haha, this is just some feedback on the sound. and sorry again if this is just early and you havent got around to doing this kinda shit yet

thought this was a piss jug until i read the post, cool stuff, user. dont see many posting food or beverage creations in these threads

Breakbeat/IDM acid type of a track
soundcloud.com/user-24941529/xhost-wet-socks
Techno , 140 bpm :
soundcloud.com/user-24941529/xhost-heavenly-blue
Trap , idm , dnb all in one :
soundcloud.com/user-24941529/babic-voodoo-business
tech step , minimal dnb :
soundcloud.com/user-24941529/brain-collider

I get the piss jug joke a lot. But thanks, it's an enjoyable hobby for me. It's actually cheaper to make alcohol than to buy it but not many people what to put in the effort, which is understandable.

Attached: MoreBlackBerrySweetMead.png (451x468, 426K)

www.soundcloud.com/todaymusic/indecision

Pop punk sort of song I wrote and recorded
Posted it a couple times in these threads a couple months back but I don't think anyone checked it out

yeah mate no one here gives a shit about underground musicians

i've thought about doing this, it seems cool. how long have you been doing it, how long does it take, and is the quality of the drink comparable to stuff you can buy in a store?

bump fuck wow

Did a commission for a guy on twitter, Pic related
Pretty proud of myself cuz i dont ever use colour

Attached: F3A588C2-0AC0-49F5-95CE-872B5E42BEEB.jpg (659x877, 71K)

how much did you charge for this?

i want to do commissions and i'm curious about others' experiences

lee la loo

Attached: yes.png (1600x1200, 1.99M)

yet another eee bump

Does anyone here have any idea if recording guitar and vocals with just my cellphone is doable? I mean it sounds like shit but I'm looking for a lo-fi sound. My guitar sounds quite flat though I'm using a GIO Ibanez and a shit noname amp so that's understandable, can I fix that, the flatness, in a DAW? I've been learning LMMS for a while, as I'm on Linux.

The pic is from a webcomic that never went anywhere. I've got 7 more and some are pretty cringe not gonna lie lol

Attached: 3.png (5000x4000, 1.11M)

What are your thoughts?
instaud.io/3HcQ

I've been thinking about trying my hand at simple doodle art. Anyone got any recommendations for starting out?

This thread lacks Motivation

Attached: INeedMorePower.png (1909x820, 100K)

Wrote this yesterday evening. I would love to hear somebody's honest opinion so i can know whether it's worth carrying on or not. It's not very long

pastebin.com/QiFReFAk

Depends on the mic quality of the phone and what you're trying to achieve

you're jumping right into the meat without toutching the potatoes

What do you, in most original fashion, mean by that?

you're not really building your story, you're just going traight to what find interesting about it. It doesn't really motivate me to want to find out more about what you're writing. Also the general sci fi idea is very generic, not that that should really be a problem if you master your writing skills but at the moment your idea feels a bit underwhelming

Painting from art class

Attached: 39B5B510-6BA6-437C-9A03-0FC22E40ECE6.png (640x1136, 1.01M)

The Naked Rat is my favourite track. Those distorted guitars are insane.

Ran out of ideas, and got an idea

youtube.com/watch?v=4SMgG0fPNKg&feature=youtu.be
good stuff, do you make the covers by your own?

sorry user, not my thing

I would see a concept art for a game

that's what a real mouse guy can do

deep lore and story in AI when

i can appreciate parts of the beat, but the weird sounds in between don't make it for me, not my stuff :/

chill tunes, ahh yes

how do you make that stuff? looks awesome

why don't you use soundcloud? you can catalog your stuff better for those that are interested in your work, i would really like to see more

This is one of those that are very close to the "too much weird stuff" , the closer it gets to that line without crossing it, the better i find it

I've listened to your stuff before, i love your songs, i'm very serious about it, your stuff is too good, do you have any coding skills to use your songs or have a friend that needs them?
When i run out of ideas i just don't think too much about it, i just go on, until something happens and i get inspired again (sounds pretty stupid for a shitposter but we matter too)

I'm not a big reader and english isn't even my first language, it took a while to figure out what was going on, but that's probably my shitty language and reading skills, i appreciate the details, it's not "hurr durr i wake up", no,
it says how the character opens his eyes and what greets him, the emotions and everything, it doesn't stretch too long on the emotions, but they still get communicated, nobody(me) likes stupidly long descriptions, and this is a perfect in-between.

did you make this?

>see image
>"oh god not another piss jug"
>>fermentation
>fermented piss

couldn't hold a smile on the intro of the first song

whoop running out of space

re when i respond to everybody my video drowns in all the responses and nobody watches it,
so here it is again youtube.com/watch?v=4SMgG0fPNKg

I'm glad you dont appreciate my track. It's not abeat, it's quite the opposite actually. I make industrial music, if it doesn't sound unsettling, I didn't do it right.

that is horrible. No punchline no joke at all. Don't even know what this is meant to be.

soundcloud.com/urio903
Let me know what u think

Attached: 148856236.jpg (540x360, 32K)

This is straight up garbage, no need to repost this. How is that creative in any way? It's like a shitpost of a shitpost but not in a so-bad-it's-good kind of way.

You sure hit the target, cool to see

>this is horrible
>straight up garbage
Yeah, it wasn't great, thanks for the feedback, i'll be more careful next time, watching it again, i can see tons of flaws.
It was more of an "inside joke" for those that kept telling me to upload, but i could've done something better, thanks for the critisism

>>It's like a shitpost of a shitpost but not in a so-bad-it's-good kind of way.
what the fuck does that even mean

How do stay motivated to draw every day?

ton of flaws? the thing itself is a flaw. I mean how can you find a ton of flaws in a 20 sec clip with little to no edits in it. lmao

made this neo 80s thing out of 2 eurovision tracks
>instaud.io/3Hj7
r8

Attached: 1531919932022.gif (467x398, 70K)

Most dank sir

>Been a few days since I've seen one.
There's been a creative thread up every day lately, you idiot.

valuable contribution to thread