City, suburbs or rural?

city, suburbs or rural?

I live in the suburbs and hate it so much. I've never lived in the city and really want to try.

Attached: ST_18.04.15_Community_Featuered-Image.png (640x320, 375K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QQM00K24qG8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I enjoy living in the city because the anonymity that comes with living around so many people negates my social anxiety.
I enjoy the countryside because the serenity and quietness makes me live in the moment.

all of those look fucking aweful and steralized. go live in your own piece of forest or build yourself a forest and become the apex predator of your surroundings like a real man.

City life sounds hellish to me
Being constantly surrounded by people and noise, the concept of being alone is non existent. You can walk places or take public transportation but you'll always encounter another person.

Small town life is where it's at, best of both city and rural. Can walk to plenty of places and you may not even encounter another person on the street. Walk even more and you can find wooded areas and parks.

Cities are nice places to visit for a day or two but dear god I don't know how anyone lives in one. I'd be insane inside of a month living in a big city.

I like cities for that reason, maybe it's just because I'm lonely. My local city is a maze outside the CBD, with lots of alleys and paths connecting streets. It's really comfy.

Either suburbs or rural. I've visited plenty of cities, both big and small, and I fucking hate them.
>Nasty air
>Insane traffic
>Homeless everywhere
>Niggers everywhere
>Rampant crime (We know why)
>No one gives a flying fuck if you get shot or stabbed in front of them as it's not their problem
>Can only live in a small apartment

30 min outside a city with no public transportation to where I am, suburb or rural.

Suburbs have a different kind of mentallity, there's this sense of communial pressure

City's are different in that everyone is more busy with themselfs and eveything is within reach cinema, pubs, food places, store's etc...

rural all the way

Attached: 1518669228219.jpg (666x444, 127K)

If you can afford to live in a suburb that's the way to go. Plenty of open green spaces, quiet, no ghetto types around (and if there are usually the police come and kick them out). Plus you literally generate wealth just by living there. My parents got their home in 2003 for $160,000 and when they moved in 2017 they sold it for $450,000. That's like getting paid $20,000 per year just for existing. Compare that to living in the city where you pay $1000+ per month just for the privilege of having a roof and 400 square feet

City or rural mountains. Suburbs seem hellish and I grew up on a farm, very boring. In big cities there's always something to do, and in the mountains you can forge your own path.

Attached: IMG_4932.jpg (534x689, 49K)

Think about the sums you just mentioned, then think about spending or going into debt that much. Prices are not sustainable.

There's a big difference between the dense suburbs right near the "city" areas and the far suburbs that are right next to the "rural" areas. If you want something quiet and inexpensive and spread-out you want the latter, the former is practically city.

Suburbs are cancer and a drain on all aspects of society

You don't realize how fucked a system like this is? Real estate can't infinitely rise in value.
And you're a sheltered spoiled faggot.

I hate the city with a passion. I like a small, cozy town. The city makes me depressed.

Living in the city is awesome and hellish. It really depends on the city, clean European cities are amazing. They are safe, clean and everything is within walking distance whereas a lot of American cities like LA are crammed with homeless people and are dangerous

All the things you listed are pros idiot

Have you been to mostly American cities? European ones are amazing

youtube.com/watch?v=QQM00K24qG8

I loveeeeeeee living in the city ! yes i do

Attached: 1524880667747.jpg (354x286, 17K)

>European ones are amazing
not him but I'd still disagree with that. The problem with cities is the high density. People and things are packed way too close for comfort. I'd still hate living in a clean, lily-white, low-crime European city for that reason alone.

Different ppl like different things I guess. I find the anonymity that the city offers amazing and I find European cities very cozy with their non-gridlock designs and cozy thin streets

Burbs are best. Near the city, near the rural.

You get a real house, you don't have to live in an apartment and listen to your neighbor's fucking or watching tv.

There's still people around if you want to have orgies. Seriously, all suburbanites do is fuck, bbq and go to the mall. What else is there?

Perfect life if you're not a mindless dweeb.

City is an immigrant trash heap.
Country smells like cow shit.
Lol no thanks.

>grrrr, I'm poor and don't like the fact that in demand assets rise in value
Must suck to be you

I think they're all shit. The best form of living is village/small town living. You get all that intimacy and proximity of the city which fosters strong community bonds. And you still get the exposure to the natural world, quiet and isolation when you need/want it. It's the natural way to be; a tight-knit social group holding their fort against infinity.

Cities give you lots of proximity but it's all perverse and wrong. The city is just full of transient people and it's impossible to get to know even a significant fraction so all that proximity goes to waste; you end up feeling alone in a crowd and any social capital you create is constantly vanishing when someone moves apartments or cities or jobs, and to most people you're no one no matter what.

Rural areas are the best as noted above, but those ultra-isolated one-family homes are too remote. Again, the creation of social capital is de-incentivized when you're so remote you don't need any.

And the suburb is the worst of all worlds. I swear they're consciously designed to kill the soul, the distance between houses is just perfect for creating total isolation in a crowd; far enough away and built such that nobody feels connected, but also nobody is distant enough to feel free and unfettered. Suburbs are for cattle.

Attached: 1547317053048.jpg (1000x750, 732K)