There's no hope at all, it ain't worth trying

When have you realised that life is totally pointless and it has no purpose at all?

Attached: 1533419384241.jpg (3880x2605, 1.91M)

Other urls found in this thread:

topdocumentaryfilms.com/day-i-died/
youtube.com/watch?v=LwyVFW9kT8k
youtube.com/watch?v=bw3oaNUR1iI
youtube.com/watch?v=mhANf60Y4Nk
youtube.com/watch?v=_W-PLmMwl2o
vimeo.com/7464750
youtube.com/watch?v=3PX2x0FxDTs
youtube.com/watch?v=Nzz-nG5pjFg
youtube.com/watch?v=WnoIf2NwaRY
youtube.com/watch?v=5or66dI6akU
horizonresearch.org/Uploads/Journal_Resuscitation__2_.pdf
digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc799144/m2/1/high_res_d/vol21-no1-5.pdf
amazon.com/dp/159477451X/
amazon.com/dp/1594773564/
amazon.com/dp/1594774528/
amazon.com/dp/0997560800/
amazon.com/dp/0826499236/
trans4mind.com/spiritual/Does-consciousness.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

ive known that for quiet some time. that doesn't mean "do nothing," you can still enjoy life

You create your own
Don't even @ me cuz if you disagree it just means you're a pussy afraid to suicide

I agree, but like how?! Everything seems so meaningless and stupid

i went to thailand for 6 months and fucked hookers, ate delicious food, spaced out drinking beer watching the schools of moped traffic drive by until dusk. sat in gogo bars watching 19-24 year old girls shake their naked bodies. that was the pinnacle of life for me. im gonna go back. making money to keep the hedonic treadmill going + traveling is enough for me. if you think thats lame, off yourself

Why do you need to have a meaning or purpose so bad?

Do you really think that's how it should be?

When you realize life is pointless, that gives it more meaning. It's up to you to give it a point. All the other lives in this world don't matter except your own. And that makes it special. Endure and fight. Make your life special.

Attached: sloth.jpg (392x500, 66K)

You didn't create your own purpose and you never will, because you're not strong enough and the truth is that no is strong enough and life will just crush you.
And it will be all for nothing. Life will crush you and pass you by, all for nothing.

meaning of life brainrot

Sincerely, you are a faggot. Your life will have done nothing for the future of humanity.

>implying i give 1 mother FUCK about humanity you piece of shit. my life isn't ordained to be in the service of humanity. fucking faggot

I don't think it's lame at all. If it works for you, then good. But it just wouldn't be fulfilling at all for me. Like some whores who like me only bc of my money...i it just wouldn't work for me

Yeah so what, life is a challenge with no reward, only the ones who are truly strong can face this fact and still try to stand up to it

Of course you don't, you are a true degenerate, worthy of being executed, would we have a truly functional society.

Yeah but like for what? For good feel when dying ?

When i realized that i don't have energy to draw and follow my dream

The moment I realized it was pointless was the moment I realized life has a point. To be pointless.

Do what you please with this life user. After I took both the red and black pills I soon understood that I can do whatever and it will only matter to me so I will only do things I want to do.

yea and you're some ugly greaseball sack of dogshit that never sees the light of day

Fucking based, we share a common goal user

So I can go on a shooting spree?

At least I don't go around larping as the person I'd like to be bro, we both know you don't have the discipline to earn money to go fuck Thai traps for 6 months

Hope is the meaning of life. You don't need talent to have hope, and not even the worst disspair can remove every last bit of hope you have left

And you accomplished to lose that feel of "guilt" towards other people?

>he can't save up 20k
get fucked you garbage can.

Only bluepilled idiots think it's cool to be strong enough to face life's challenges.
Life is like a retard chimping out. Even if you're strong enough to wrangle him, you're still wrangling a retard. You're not going anywhere. You're not doing anything. It's a pointless struggle.

You care about feeling, I care about being. If I was born to be a human person, then I'll be a great fucking person. I don't need meaning, I just want to reach my highest potential. I don't care about dying, I overcame that shit when I was about to.

I don't think about cool or not, I think about well being, if I was brought here, then why would I go around like a faggot whining about this pointless existance, when I can actually enjoy it living as a strong person?

There's clearly differences in quality of life, not everyone has the same experience.

You already made the decision that posting on here is better than staring at the wall. Why stop there?

What does it mean to be a strong person?

First of all: find something you want to do and do that. Life has no meaning so there isn't anything "more important" or meaningfull to do. Dedicate yourself to something, doesn't even matter what.
Second: always keep in the back of your mind that life has no meaning. No one can force you to do shit. It doesn't matter if someone doesn't like you if you stand up to them or you don't follow their orders. Fuck 'm. Follow your principles and don't compromise them because of fear or pressure.
A meaningless life and universe isn't a punishment. It is the greatest gift you can be given. Your freedom is inherent to reality.

>do what you find meaningful but keep in mind there's no meaning

what?

To have a positive mindset focused on self improving

Someone who stands up again when life kicks him down.

Where did I say to find something meaningful? I said to find something you want to do.

To me those are synonymous. Something meaningful is just something you truly want to do in the entire aspect of your life.

>I care about being
>I don't care about dying
make up your mind you faggot

If that is your definition of "meaningful" than it should be obvious to you that OP was incorrect. Since there are countless examples of people who did find something they were willing to dedicate their lives to.

"Worthwhile" is a synonym to meaningful and it makes sense to me. We're always bound by our subjective experiences so meaning is always going to be a subjective feeling. If something feels right it's meaningful, at least for now.

People always complicate life by believing things are objective but nothing is.

Life is brimming with meaning. Just because religions are demonstrably silly, it does not mean that materialism is true and that death implies oblivion. There is a tremendous amount of empirical evidence that suggests that our mind or consciousness continues past the point of physical death and that there is an infinitely amazing afterlife awaiting unconditionally around the corner of a ceased heartbeat for everyone.

Easily digestible tier:

topdocumentaryfilms.com/day-i-died/
youtube.com/watch?v=LwyVFW9kT8k
youtube.com/watch?v=bw3oaNUR1iI
youtube.com/watch?v=mhANf60Y4Nk
youtube.com/watch?v=_W-PLmMwl2o
vimeo.com/7464750
youtube.com/watch?v=3PX2x0FxDTs
youtube.com/watch?v=Nzz-nG5pjFg
youtube.com/watch?v=WnoIf2NwaRY
youtube.com/watch?v=5or66dI6akU

World-leading research tier:

horizonresearch.org/Uploads/Journal_Resuscitation__2_.pdf
digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc799144/m2/1/high_res_d/vol21-no1-5.pdf
amazon.com/dp/159477451X/
amazon.com/dp/1594773564/
amazon.com/dp/1594774528/
amazon.com/dp/0997560800/
amazon.com/dp/0826499236/
trans4mind.com/spiritual/Does-consciousness.pdf

In essence, the purpose of these lives is to learn to be an infinitely loving and kind person despite the fact that the world is demonstrably shitty and it is really hard to develop character here. But the person who is infinitely happy, kind, loving, accepting, and forgiving while they are being tortured, to take the ultimate example, will quite figuratively explode from happiness in heaven. So use your challenges as gifts to develop your character. After all, you had the multiverse as your smorgasbord while you were still in paradise, and yet you chose this life; being this character, in this society, in this world.

Attached: 1512973133890.jpg (1080x1349, 220K)

So, I suppose we agree on nearly everything, but only had a different definition of the word "meaningful".

Sure, but what even is your definition of meaningful? Can you give an example of something meaningful?

that sounds great to be honest

>Emperical evidence the mind continous past the point of physical death.
You know, I somehow doubt that.

Something along the lines of "a deed or work that lives on after your dead and has a noticable impact forever". Since the universe will most likely "die" one day, nothing can have an impact forever.
Not to mention that anything we can feasibly do will be completely forgotten within a mere eon.

when i was 15.
i want to change but when you take the black pill there is no going backpill

Many people have that gut reaction, but then they engage with the actual data. See the Grossman article for why you probably have that approach to this issue without having done so.

Attached: 1528412868199.jpg (1920x1362, 729K)

That sounds like legacy which is something some people find meaningful to pursue. It's still based on this subjective feeling in a person

You have Schizotypal personality disorder psychic ?

I didn't say my definition would be objective.

>trying to listen to the old edgy music i used to listen to in hopes to revive my old, better and more productive self
>only works for a few seconds

Attached: tfwnogf.jpg (240x250, 7K)

I was trying to convince you that your definition is pretty bad.

I read it and I have to say the evidence isn't very compelling.
He says that simply because people have NDE's it MUST mean that materialism is false?
It is known that people have a blind spot, yet the brain erases it. It is known that the brain erases signals when your eye moves so you don't see a blur and then goes back and erases that blindness and patches the image before and after moving your eyes so you don't notice you are blind when you move your eyes. It is known that you can only see colours in a small cone in front of you and your brain just guesses based on memory and expectations what the colour is of everything outside of that cone.
The brain is remarkably good at lying to you.

You pathetic piece of shit, no one in this board will contribute to the future of humanity. Not even 1% of the population will actually contribute to the future of humanity. People like you are probably just wage slaves who reassure themselves thinking they're contributing to society with their boring slave lifestyle.
Only a few chosen ones actually contribute to humanity.

>I read it and I have to say the evidence isn't very compelling.

That particular article does not concern itself with the details of all the evidence. Clearly you did not read it if you did not understand that. It is about why the evidence is ignored, marginalized, and ridiculed by academia at large instead of confronted rationally and dispassionately.

>He says that simply because people have NDE's it MUST mean that materialism is false?

He does not make that argument at all. He says that the scientific study of NDEs have demonstrated that they can not be explained by brain chemistry. How do you explain people accurately and verifiably observing what is happening in their surroundings, or even far away from them, at a time at which they are undergoing cardiac arrest?

>The brain is remarkably good at lying to you.

I agree. But it is not so good at lying to us that we can gain access to distant information and be right at a rate astronomically beyond what chance would have made us guess.

Attached: 1394476154775.jpg (500x340, 9K)

That is your prerogative and I won't say you are wrong about it.
It is always more useful to state what your definition of a word is before you start a debate anyway, since many people have different definitions of the same words.
We both agree that life is not without hope and that you should do the things you subjectively value. I think that it is more important thing that we agree on the nature of the argument than that we do not share a definition for a word.

People notice things when they are in a coma too. You aren't instantly dead if your heart is not beating. Your brain dies in stages, which is the exact reason some of the people who were revived suffered brain damage instead of being brain dead. It is not reaching to say that you can still manage to process information if you aren't completely dead.

I still think your definition is fucking stupid and I'd rather hear you defend it instead of bending over to criticism.

This totally explains how people can accurately see things kilometers away from their body.

Attached: 1515811757203.png (540x442, 151K)

I'm not going to fight with you over something as trivial as you not liking a definition.
If you want to have a shouting match you'll have to look somewhere else.

See things like what?

For instance exact dialogues of what family members were talking about at the time, what they were doing, and similar things. If you look into the book The Self Does Not Die, you will also see well-documented cases of people seeing the exact serial numbers of things they did not know about in advance, etc.

Attached: oMqs78z.jpg (2047x1535, 795K)

Could they repeat those results under laboratory conditions?

Sure, why not. The main problem is funding, which is sorely lacking due to the reasons Grossman enumerates.

Attached: 1409351643312.jpg (1600x900, 798K)