Did 10 pushups in a row two days ago, still a little sore. About to do 10 more. I wonder if I can keep this up...

Did 10 pushups in a row two days ago, still a little sore. About to do 10 more. I wonder if I can keep this up? How long to see gains?

Attached: 1541887853361.png (360x430, 182K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Yes4All-Adjustable-Dumbbells-52-5-105/dp/B01D487TDA/ref=sr_1_2?qid=1558217200&refinements=p_n_feature_keywords_browse-bin:2759125011&s=exercise-and-fitness&sr=1-2
youtube.com/watch?v=pr7aoHftF58
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

R9k: where 10 pushups leaves you sore

Aww you're cute Lil beby arms

please post your contact info, princess

Since you're a guy you'll put on muscle immediately for no reason just keep eating and working out til sore.

Never. Sorry bud but pushups won't do anything im afraid. maybe if you did 100 every day you'd see gains in a month but that would be so ineffective. If you want to improve buy freeweights like dubells that you can modify the weight on and buy a bench then do dumbell press, dumbell military press, bicep curls, dumbell rows and tricep overheads. Do all this 5x5 and eat lots of eggs and meat in general. After about 2-3 weeks of doing this every other day you will likely see gains. When the weights start becoming to easy buy heavier ones or get a gym membership.

Attached: 1512906654779.jpg (1200x800, 154K)

literally the same. I've done 15 on the first day, 10 the next, 10 the day after.

>How long to see gains?
Working out at a normal rate? A few months.
At your rate? Centuries.

My record for most pushups in a row is about 63, but that was a while ago. I'd be satisfied with 50 now. You're probably not pushing yourself enough, OP. When I do pushups, I keep going until my arms are shaking and I can't go anymore. If you underestimate yourself, you'll meet your low expectations. Aim high. I believe in you.

Take 's advice unironically.

Buy an adjustable dumbbell set please. It changed my life. Started me off in working out. amazon.com/Yes4All-Adjustable-Dumbbells-52-5-105/dp/B01D487TDA/ref=sr_1_2?qid=1558217200&refinements=p_n_feature_keywords_browse-bin:2759125011&s=exercise-and-fitness&sr=1-2

Also check out this video if you are a beginner: youtube.com/watch?v=pr7aoHftF58

Helped me get started.

Attached: med_1474656388_00032.jpg (640x360, 56K)

Get some dumbbells like the other user said. You will hit a wall with pushups quickly and just start maintaining.

Don't overextend with pushups...as you may know, they are surprisingly hard on the abdominal muscles. When I was first getting started, I did 4 sets of 10 while watching a movie (10 every 25 minutes or so lol) and I was SORE AS FUCK for about a week. I physically could not even hold myself up in the pushup position when I tried to do the fifth set.

Well dun, op-kun. The key is consistency and routine, Do as much as you can do without losing interest over time. You probably won't be seeing much change but it depends on how fat you are etc.

I see this all the time whenever someone posts that they're actually trying to do something, you both should meet up, suck eachothers dicks and jump in front of a train.

Attached: 1545690603189.jpg (600x864, 245K)

Damn I hate Jow Forums pussies so much. Can't say you do 10 push ups without them comming in pack telling you have to drink semen and do 24 gay exercises twice a day. Go be gay elsewhere

Attached: 1476233529610.jpg (5000x3885, 710K)

that's what i'm doing. i've done 5x5 with 15's and i'm gonna buy 20's. i just thought doing pushups would help.

Not true, push ups are one of the best near full body exercises, if you were to do only one exercise it should be push ups, though if you work out a lot you should have a pull routine too to prevent rolling your shoulders

Afraid others might improve themselves and leave you one less person to talk?

No, everyone should fucking leave.

Nice! Im proud of you. Keep going and don't forget to eat!

Just remember. Don't be that guy that skips leg day.

What's a normal rate?

>tfw my physical low was about 2 years ago, neet, acnified, posture like a C, lanky and weak
>started out just working on focusing on my posture and showering more just to be socially acceptable, and be able to look at myself in the mirror again without shame
>end of last march take up a martial art, dad thought i needed something exercise-y to get me out of the house, i knew i could use exercise and learning to fight at the same time could be efficient and cool
>classes are an hour long and are well structured, essentially a constant calisthenic workout where the only pauses are to change what we're doing or a water break or two
>had to sit out 15 minutes of my first class, simply too exhausted, i could hardly breathe and i hadn't had real exercise since i left high school years before
>martial arts are expensive tho, and we arent rich, $150/mo. -- by the end of the month i was committed to going 3-4x a week just to help my dad get a bang for his buck so i can keep doing it
>working out on other people's terms was probably one of the best things for me in hindsight, just to keep consistent motivation

i still have distance to go but at least now i am comfortable in my skin, i socialize, and i am in my best shape yet, my ultimate goal is battlescarred chad

You guys have motivated me to start exercising again. It's been almost a year since I've done anything. I just got over the flu a couple weeks ago and it feels like I have a baseball stuck in my ribs though so maybe I should wait until that goes away...

Hope this is a meme cause that is pretty damn pathetic user. I know its not an easy start for most but christ this is something else. Like others said buy adjustable weights or start adding squats, pull ups, shadow boxing and planks to your routine if you cant afford any more equipment.

10 push ups xd le lmao lol
I do 25 pull ups x 4 and barely see results
10 pushups and expecting to gain some muscles lmaoooooo, even in my sleep i do better than that le xdd Keepo lel

I'm starting nofap tonight to. I'm stopping my whole bicurious phase now. I'm going /sig/ mode because I know the Atomwaffen Division isn't gonna help shit when it all comes down.

Attached: evrope.jpg (1200x1350, 263K)

Not OP but I cant even do 10 without stopping for a break. Maybe about 7? The most I can lift before it becomes a struggle is about 60lbs

Cute anime girl bro, just wanted to say that.

Attached: gun.jpg (850x1095, 251K)

Do pyramid sets. Start at 1 push up, then 2, 3, ect all the way up to 10. Then countdown from 10.
At the end of it you've done 100 pushups but never more than 10 at a time.
Like others have said, consistency and eating more is important. Gains after about 2 months probably.

That's pretty good user, I can only do 5 before I collapse, just tried it you're twice as strong as me

Started at daily 10. Took me near 6 years to get to 120, and I still don't know why I continue going up, I hate this.

maybe he weighs 250 or more
your pretty strong if you can do pushups at that weight or higher

nice, go buy some adjustable dumbbells or join a gym. i mean adjustable dumbbells because when it becomes light add more plates to it. you should also buy some whey protein browse Jow Forums learn some home exercises.

years ago my friend started working out so i started working out also. i got a bench press and a situp thing from cousin i used to work out everyday weekend was a break. once you get muscle get pussy. i did that just girls would tell me they don't know me so i just sat there drinking by myself.

yes if you want discipline
absolutely no if you want to loose manboobs
i started like you now i doo 200 push ups 100 in a row then do the second set every fucking day and i still have my mother fucking manboobs

Jow Forums pls go
Silly bait thread but in reality you can do push ups, pull ups and leg lifts and bodyweight squats and drink some whey once a day on top of eating clean

This will yield gains well past baby's first, and take you pretty far past dyel status without touching a weight.

If I don' more than 10 my head feels like exploding

how can the purple guy not puke with the smell

Not gonna get gains from that go to a gym man you will be glad you did

>the purple guy
bad bait

>Start at 1 push up, then 2, 3, ect all the way up to 10. Then countdown from 10.
>At the end of it you've done 100 pushups
wouldn't that be 104 pushups?

???
it's apparently male and it's purple

Are there any supplements that can help increase my appetite?

it increases naturally when you exercise faggit

Put more sugar in your foods, this will fuck you up but it'll do the trick

>once you get muscle get pussy. i did that just girls would tell me they don't know me so i just sat there drinking by myself.
Lol what are you trying to say there bud
Is this /stroke/posting

sounds like your pushups were closer to vibrating in a plank position, than the floor.

yeah i only do them now because its my routine besides now i hit the gym thats more like my way to start the day