What's so hard to understand about Fahrenheit?

What's so hard to understand about Fahrenheit?
If it's 0 degrees outside, it's fucking cold.
If it's 100 degrees outside, it's fucking hot.

Attached: RealTemp.jpg (626x626, 19K)

0oF
dubs lole

100 isnt hot
120 is hot

what if it's 46F ?

then it's almost perfect

Cold

then its a little fucking cold

that's not cold

Just a little cold, not something Id wear more than a sweatshirt for

100 is fucking hot.
120 is real fucking hot.

ah, I see

Attached: 1526830787942.png (443x382, 108K)

Attached: 1523118689410.png (1097x1029, 67K)

no one is arguing that it's hard to understand, the problem with imperial is that it doesn't make any fucking sense, especially when the entire rest of the world uses metric, which does make sense. The US military and NASA both use metric also, because some Americans aren't fucking idiots.

Bit cold, bring a sweater.
>doesn't make sense
What doesn't make sense? 0 is below freezing.

70 is the best.

The only unit that metric has that imperial lacks is millimeter.
Imperial is based on useful units of measure, metric is based on an autist sperging out.

Kelvin is superior and the SI-unit for temperature. When it comes to every day use celsius makes more sense than Fahrenheit. Fahreinheit is very arbitrary.

how is imperial more useful than metric?
Just gice me one unit that is easier to use and easier to understand than its metric equivalent

The metric system is far superior for pretty much everything that isn't pleb-tier.
The whole month/day/year also confuses me. I mean, why?

Well Kelvin and Celcius have the same gaps, it's only +273.15 so it's pretty much the same

>30 is considered warm
>25 is considered warm
What is this the reddit hour?
The only thing metric is better measuring distances and weight. imperial is better for temp.

True that. It's just more useful to move 0 to the freezing point of water for every day use, makes more sense.

>imperial is better for temp

kek

at what temperature water freezes? At what temperature water boils?

It really isn't better, that's why no-one serious uses it.

Anything below 32 degrees, and above 212.

Expect for
>America (read, greatest country in the world)

well that's silly
with celcius, it's 0 and 100

What's silly is the in between where it's fucking 5 degrees it's... 41F.

Yes. It's appereant americans are too thick-headed to accept that someone else made a system superior to their own. I mean not their own since it was made by the british. And not Fahrenheit either since that was made by a german, nowadays both Britain and Germany stopped using Fahrenheit (the countries that created them).

>superior
>not their own
What is USCM.

You use the imperial system, it's arbitrary, just accept it. Why even argue about this? What makes the imperial system better than the metric system?

it makes the distinction between 5'11" manlets and 6' ubermensch easier to spot, nerdo

Yeah, that's also the case with Celsius.
0 Degress outside is cold
100 Degrees outside is...very hot.

The strength of metric is how easy it is to convert between different scales of measurement. But if you had useful sized unit in the first place, you wouldn't need to convert them.

Take distance, if you need to measure something small, use inch, for something big, use feet. For something huge or if you need to measure distance to something close enough that you could probably estimate it fairly accurately, use yards. If the distance is too large to tell by looking or too far away to just walk over there and measure, miles are appropriate.

How tall is a person in metric? A crapload of cm? Some decimal of a meter or two? A decimeter is a shitty foot analog, and nobody uses them anyways because they know they suck.

you mean between 189cm manlets and 190cm ubermensch?
I'm a dank ubermensch

we tell how tall people are with centimeters. It prevents using any comas or other units

You guys have to use 2 different units to describe someone's heigh

You use Feet'Inches
We use centimeters like, 185cm.
You can also use meters, 1,85cm. Now, how different is it to say 5'11 and 1,82?
We also got that btw, meters then kilometers (1000 meters). In Sweden we also call 10km 1 mil.

1,85m*

one-hun-dred-and-nine-tee-five-cen-ti-me-ters
vs
six-foot-se-ven

gee i wonder why america uses imperial

doesn't have the impact of being between one larger unit and another, just sounds like you're hiding behind the veil of centimeters

we just say one-hun-dred-nine-tee-five dude

Even easier here
hundra-nitti-fem

one-hun-dred-nine-tee-five
vs
six-se-ven
hmm it's a mystery

well in french it's
cen-kat-reu-vin-kinz

quite complex eh

That's a complete mystery.

I'd estimate you're 160cm tall and 120kg.

Here we just say "Eins-fünf-und-neunzig" ("One-ninety-five")
That's also pretty much how you tell a price or anything like that.

Yeah talking about kilograms we have this cool thing to see if someone is fat or not

less than 100kg : ok
more than 100kg : american

How's the Caliph's dick, fag?

not as big as mine

Nice small penor

> everyone, even US, uses metric for construction/science
> US government tried to get people to swap to metric but they were too retarded to figure it out

Attached: trumptard.png (291x344, 85K)

Euros are to intelligent to know both systems.

Attached: european man.jpg (900x1318, 241K)

there's a reason why all professional measurements in america are done in metric
metric is easy to convert and convenient, while imperial is easier to estimate and understand
if you don't realize this by now and believe one measurement system is perfect for everything then you're a fucking retard
for example, there is no equivalent to a foot in metric, even though feet are very useful when measuring heights of medium-to-large sized objects. it gives the perfect compromise between too "general" of a measurement (i.e a meter) and too "specific" of a measurement (i.e a centimeter). if i told you something was 4'5 tall, that tells you how many feet something is and the change left over. in metric, you would be stuck with 1.4 meters, which is too big of a measurement for the object at hand, or 140 centimeters, which is too specific and hard to quickly estimate
another example, in metric converting 2 decimeters to centimeters takes no more than a few seconds, while imperial conversions must be done with a calculator most of the time, especially with large scale conversions (like feet to miles)

wow americans are retarded

WTF? All you're saying is that Americans are familiar with the Imperial or American Standard system of measurement, therefore it is better.

CENTILITERS XD

Attached: aqua sees something interesting.png (949x896, 200K)

Well that is a convincing argument.
Along the same lines, Canadians use metric, therefore metric is absolutely abhorrent.

No, I'm saying that there are more relevant measurements in imperial than there is in metric. For example, in imperial, something small can be represented in inches, something bigger can be represented in feet, and something bigger than that can be represented in yards. In metric, you have centimeters, then you have meters, and if you need to measure something in between you don't have a separate measurement. Although, decimeters could do the job but nobody uses decimeters
Also, imperial measurements can be estimated with ease if you don't have a ruler. An inch is your thumb pad, a foot is your, well, foot, and a yard is about the distance from your wrist to your chest

bruh you don't have to use kelvin you could use
Rankine scale instead

Attached: (191).jpg (600x750, 254K)

You're making the assumption that 70cm is a difficult measurement to visualize or understand. 95% (or 61/64ths) of the world disagrees.

You're missing my point completely

it fucking sucks
use C retard

>0 Degress outside is cold
thats not cold
-40 is kinda cold

No, no I'm not at all. You're claiming that an intermediary unit between an inch and a yard somehow provides clarity when describing a length which it, objectively, does not.

Celsius is better for cooking
Fahrenheit is better for nothing, because it is in no way better

>one-hun-dred-and-nine-tee-five-cen-ti-me-ters
Eins Fünfundneunzig

This is retarded. The way America does it is more logical because it gives us better memory.

This thread in a nutshell:
>Americans arguing about how a simple to remember and understand basis of 10's is "retarded" or "autistic"
>All non-Americans in this thread are defending the easy to use and simple metric system
>Random swede talking about how good kelvin is

Someone post the Menorah and middlefinger edit

Euro

>not using kelvin