Are sit-ups a waste of time? Can you actually get decent ab development with them?

Are sit-ups a waste of time? Can you actually get decent ab development with them?

Attached: 17125767_1808754349341916_6271967319606427648_n.jpg (720x900, 80K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8jyhJ6TiUPA
youtube.com/watch?v=3qjoXDTuyOE
bodybuilding.com/exercises/hanging-leg-raise
bodybuilding.com/exercises/dumbbell-side-bend
youtube.com/watch?v=WpgZiv44jTk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yeah but here’s what you should do
>leg lifts
>roll outs
>wood choppers

youtube.com/watch?v=8jyhJ6TiUPA

yeah you can get plenty of development
you should do a number of different exercises, though

Yeah but they're not the end-all-be-all ab excercise. You gotta introduce variation to stimulate muscle growth. Personally I would recommend wood choppers.

post body/abs?

You just need to do full body training with exercises that put your spine under load such as Squat, Deadlift, Barbell Rows, and anything similar. Do that plus get a low body fat percentage and you will a have abs. Mike Israetel Agrees with what I just said.

Whom?

maybe im just a dyel boomer but i never did wood choppers in my life. is this just a meme?

Nah best way to work your obliques

i'll try it next time... basically only do lateral bending moves for obliques, not rotations

Are those good abs?

>dat haircut
>dat expression

Attached: C5C9146A-B50B-4FB6-8261-8390FF38D881.jpg (240x233, 22K)

You jelly?

Attached: 29401703_231196930760438_3821008991937363968_n.jpg (1080x1350, 171K)

>basically only do lateral bending moves for obliques, not rotations

Attached: 1564216371843.jpg (332x326, 23K)

They don't allow gays in heaven

Pretty sure my abs are going to be like that if I decide to cut down that far. Squares with a deep/wide center line.

Says who?

Attached: 3e8744159d318c33ef6f3542bd4345c0.gif (270x396, 2.44M)

Leviticus

based and mosespilled

Google him

Situps tend to not be as effective as planks, hanging leg raises, dragon flags, and ab roller for me.

Unless its weighted incline situps/crunches.
But I dont have an incline bench at home...so consistency is the problem.

Attached: 20190922_225904_1_1.gif (656x368, 2.17M)

You can but here's the thing:

>You're too fat to appreciate any ab development

Abs do not spring out 2 inches and explode forth through fat. Your bodyfay is too damn high. You need to be very lean

Getting visible for most men requires a body fat percentage of like 12% or less, a lot of guys workout every day and even do daily ab workouts but aren't getting abs simply because they're diet doesn't encourage fat loss.
The saying goes "abs are made in the kitchen" and it's pretty true, sit-ups and callisthenics make your abs stronger but if you want washboard abs for the ladies you're gonna have to work on your diet.

weighted chin ups are the best exercise ever and you should treat it like a competition lift

I've never had such strong ab doms the day after then i do with chinups, also builds the shit out of your biceps and lats, lats are one of the most important and yet overlooked muscles to train, and chinups built my biceps better than curls, infact I've stopped curling all together for the last year almost and my biceps have not shrunk and have gotten bigger since i stopped just through adding weight to my chinup

theyre better than doing nothing, but if youwant a solid core that looks great

turkish get ups for obliques, swiss ball weighted crunches for upper abs, hanging leg raises for lower abs, and ab roller because

>one closeted faggot writes that gay bad
>"THIS IS THE WORD OF OUR LORD"

Christianity is just advanced cuckolding

Second that. Chinups are divinely powerful

No, they're dogshit and a waste of time.

Id say you need weighted ab excercises to actally get decent mass on your abs

Planks are better

no

Most ab development comes from squats and pull ups

yea, no. They require good abs development but are not enough.

>small as fuck
>abs are shit
>shekels his "abs routine"
jefff... never change

autistic cope: the post

Is that how you're supposed to use the ab wheel?

Never heard of her. Sounds like a black girl.

I do planks, side-planks and L-sits in a circuit and also superman holds. Much healthier for abs in the long-run and don't need a gym mat.

No idea

It works my abs more, so that's the way I do them.

Can only do 10 standing ab roll outs versus ~30 on my knees (what picture in manual shows).
I only do knee ab rollouts as dropset to standing rollouts now.

Various planks + bicycle crunches are my go to.

Sit ups are a waste.

Add weight, do less reps to build muscle. Don't forget your obliques. If you're doing more than 10 reps per set, add more weight.
Do cardio and eat well if you're a fat cunt to lose the fat.

Cable crunches, can't say it enough. If you're not doing them you're a fucking retard, the weight should be well over 120 lbs(low balling).
youtube.com/watch?v=3qjoXDTuyOE
Again heavy weight, ignore weight shown in these videos

Hanging leg raises WITH WEIGHT, hold a dumbbell between your feet, a smaller weight is fine to start but add more as you get better.
bodybuilding.com/exercises/hanging-leg-raise

Side bends, with a dumbbell or plate in your hand, you may look fucking stupid while you do them, but your abs won't.
bodybuilding.com/exercises/dumbbell-side-bend

Decline Russian Twist. Use actual weights, start lighter 25lbs go heavier.
youtube.com/watch?v=WpgZiv44jTk

>Decline Russian Twist
>Do it anyway

Attached: 1566084729017.jpg (640x694, 268K)

this dude is mentally handicapped

They work (assuming you are lean and don't have a layer of fat covering your abs), but there are tons of better ab exercises variations.

post body