What's a good replacement for bench press that you can fail on and not injure yourself?

What's a good replacement for bench press that you can fail on and not injure yourself?

I don't like asking people at the gym to spot me but I'm not increasing the weight on the bar fast enough as a result.

Attached: YOU.jpg (1200x678, 145K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FQzzkGU5hGA
youtu.be/9Sr8VRNdDuE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Incline bench on a safety rack

Just don't use clips, if you fail you can do the roll of shame/dump the weight.
>inb4 "I'm too shy to do that too"
I've done it many times, its the ultimate Chad move.

Decline press

I would just use a squat rack and set the safety pins at the right height. It's annoying because sometimes people will still come running to help you when it's safely on the pins above your chest

or just do pushups, archer pushups, one-arm pushups etc.

I'd rather ask someone to spot me than do that.
I like this idea, but won't it make the chest component of the bench a bit less of a workout? My chest is a lot weaker than my triceps so I feel like I would just make the imbalance worse

Dumbell bench press is my go to if I'm going to failure as long as you don't drop the weights you'll be ok

One time I failed on 150 pounds and the bar rested on my face, i dumped all the weights in a crowded gym.

But you should set up a flat bench in a power rack
youtube.com/watch?v=FQzzkGU5hGA

If he dies HE DIES

take the risk, its worth it

I failed 245 today and did the roll of shame on flat bench. It's not bad at all. I've done the roll of shame with weights between 65 lbs and 245 lbs now and never once been injured from it besides some minor scrapes from rolling the bar down my stomach.

safety bars or use dumbbells

DIPS.

also FLOOR PRESS.

>What's a good replacement for bench press that you can fail on and not injure yourself?
OHP + pec deck unironically
OHP is a better pressing movement for strength; no contest
Pec deck will get you better mass gains since it's allows you to focus on pecs real function (adduction of arms) without putting yourself at risk; it's a pity pec deck is so underrated due to dumbasses working it out incorrectly --starting it out each rep at 0º going full to 90º contraction, at shoulder level, while its ROM should start at 15-30º to 90ª, 15º below shoulder level, for proper pec emphasis and rotator cuff safety; holding chin up, back tucked back in the chair

Attached: yes.jpg (282x272, 9K)

Btw
OHP : low reps, high intensity ; like 3x3 (see Hepburn method)
Pec deck : very high reps, low to medium intensity tops ; like 4x15-25

Dumbell bench, just roll the weights off

have you tried weighted dips?

Attached: 8a29e32a9b8cdd85.jpg (640x480, 54K)

>I'd rather ask someone to spot me than do that.
pussy

has nobody told you about the roll of shame?

Why are you more concerned about the dangers of bench press? Squats seem much more dangerous to me. if one of your knees buckle or you pass out from over exertion and all that weight on your back just folds you in half like a wet cardboard. with a bench press you aren't likely to pass out and you can ease the bar down onto your chest if you goof then roll it off of you.

Then again these problems are few and far between for people to take the time to gauge their limit and use proper form

Attached: 1563997568292.png (350x350, 158K)

You come to my village in Romania and you bring wood from the forest and you split it

db fly, db press, cables > bench press
youtu.be/9Sr8VRNdDuE

yep. just drop them to the floor if you're failing a rep