Take the wrestling pill

This is what peak performance looks like. Theres no better sport. Change my mind

Attached: tumblr_nwg6kzkym41ry1rm7o1_250.gif (250x191, 669K)

Attached: FB_IMG_1553613798617.jpg (720x390, 37K)

Attached: FB_IMG_1550641941512.jpg (720x900, 43K)

Attached: FB_IMG_1553613845213.jpg (534x401, 26K)

wrestler since 04 here, i agree. when it comes to kicking ass/mental fortitude/ confidence there’s really nothing better. since i’ve been wrestling since i was 4 i also have amazing internal balance, and when doing other combat sports, a sense of the opponents body position and my own that is obviously high above bar

tl;dr if you haven’t been doing folk/free/greco style wrestling since you were a kid, sorry brahs :/

Who the fuck cares if Wether it was since childhood. Just do it and get better

i wish i wrestled in highschool

You can still do it

Blessed wrestling thread. Congrats to Dake and Cox on their second consecutive World titles. Congrats to Burroughs and Snyder on their bronze medals.

It is the world's oldest and greatest sport.

Thanks for the comfy pics Anons.

Gayest sport ever

shitty wrestler in hs here. the practices our shit-tier wrestling team were so brutal

It's funny how many people here think fucking SS and SL make a man out of you. The standards on here are totally warped for non athletic weebs. Growing up wrestling taught me so much

What's as or sl?

Haha looks fun!

Attached: 1557044633434.jpg (500x695, 91K)

>the Jow Forumstest image ever

I don't know why almost all of the shitty wrestling programs try to improve by making their practice harder.
Like the coach watched rocky and thought it was a sport science gold mine

Starting Strength and Strong Lifts

bump

I wrestled through school, but wouldn't running be the world's oldest sport?

but i sucked at wrestling really bad in high school

>started wrestling sophomore year, wrestled JV and did bad
>was benchrider all of junior year, didnt get any varsity matches
>2nd on depth chart to guy from jersey all of senior year, barely was eligible for letter since i started about 1/3rd of total matches
>was 'that guy' on the team, never fit in or talked much
>low self confidence, lack of coordination, no common sense or will to work and bad coaching from JV coach were why i was so shitty despite being an ok physical specimen at 138/145

it helped me get into college, kept me in shape and built some discipline, but how do i find a club as an adult (and how is the experience in ur opinion)

also [spoiler]top, bottom or neutral[/spoiler]

>how do i find a club as an adult
There are some adult clubs in high-population areas. You're probably gonna end up finding an all-ages club with some boomers still doing it and competing in the Open age group at tourneys.

nah that's just exercise

*cough* raised the strongman deadlift WR by 60KG *cough*

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 159K)

>quit in college because I think I'm a smartypants and sports are lame
>realize right after eligibility is up that it's the coolest thing in the universe
>follow college and freestyle closely
>can't believe it's not me

Attached: 1568851356335.png (737x670, 759K)

You'll most likely have to get into MMA or BJJ if you want to keep wrestling. Unfortunately if you don't go down the usual route of
>wrestle after you learn how to walk
>wrestle in elementary,middle and HS
>win/place in city/state
>wrestle in college
>if you're a top wrestler you wrestle internationally or go to MMA
There is no other way of getting into pure wrestling. I wrestled in my last year of HS because it was my school's 1st and only year and I wish I did it before but there were just no wrestling clubs around me growing up.

Nowhere to practice in Europe even though it was the main sport in Europe for many years.
And yes, it is the best sport.
Greco-Roman wrestle is the sport of gods.

>he thinks hug hump is best
freestyle master race

You can very easily mix Greco-Roman style with boxing or kick boxing. It has great adaptability to MMA. All of the great wresler in MMA come from Greco-Roman.
Enjoy you squat position getting a knee to the face.

wrestling is a great sport
for MANLETS

No you can't. Do you go to some MMA/Judo place and see if they also have wrestling days?

Is it a strategy to slam dudes like this to try to break bones or cause shock or something? Seems like a huge use of energy/effort

Specimen

Most faggot sport ever

Wrestling is literally a sport full of closet gays, cant count how many times the wrestler in my school district have full on boners after their match. Bunch of gays t.b.h, now boxing...boxing is where the men are

t. faggot

>23yrs old
>multiple time world champ
>Olympic Gold Medalist
the russian is a beast. Would of been nice to see the trilogy match

You literally cannot learn to wrestle as an adult. If you didnt do it in HS you can't do it at all.

It's how you get points to win the match dumbass. No one tries to break bones in an actual fighting sport, not unless the retard can't tap.

idk looks pretty gay dude

The most boomer sport ever. Literally everyone that was involved with it doesn't do it anymore but needs to remind people about "the good ol' days."

It's a sport comprised entirely of the people that say "I used to bench 315 back before I hurt my shoulder."

Only because you cant do it as an adult.

As a former wrestler I can say there is very few ways to work out your body better than threw wrestling. But for actual fighting it is basic. You'll beat most people with wrestling skills easily but wrestling is a sport more than a martial art. If you wanna be good at fighting you need to learn more viable fighting styles.

>All of the great wresler in MMA come from Greco-Roman.
Cormier, Cejudo, Romero? Free
Stipe, Jones, Woodley, Weidman? Folk

Just the big names off the top of my head. Who did Greco? Sonnen, Coleman, Couture?

>As a former wrestler I can say there is very few ways to work out your body better than threw wrestling.
Based. You can be crushing it in the weight room and on the track and still be out of wrestling shape. Nothing like it frens

>t. Never wrestled
Can't be much of a man when you're gassed and being raped on the ground

Just go down to the local high school and start pushing people around

this is so wrong.

only in the US do you have this stupid system, where wrestling is only accesible through schools

here in europe the PURE wrestling clubs are on their own, no school needed