Is isolation healthy?

Is isolation healthy?

I have a friend I’ve known since we were kids and his family has basically adopted me over the years. They are the only people I hang out with and trust. It’s near impossible to make new friends anymore as you get into your late 20s and I’ve just been feeling really depressed lately seeing basically all of my step siblings have kids and get married and grow in life while I basically haven’t changed over the years. I’ve always been the goofball that makes everybody laugh and do all the stupid stuff we do when we party and drink and I just don’t want to be that person anymore but I can’t get any of them to take me seriously emotionally and it’s been really bothering me lately.

I’m starting a new job that is paying me to go back to college and I’m thinking of not ditching them but just isolating myself and working on some self improvement. Instead of being there every day for dinner and movies and stuff maybe just come by once a month.

Is this something that could help me or am I being delusional?

Attached: CC00F5C4-7430-4A02-95F0-59C126013542.jpg (960x960, 200K)

remember when Jow Forums used to have /cocoon mode/ threads all the time?

anyway, what you are thinking about is definitely a thing, OP.
people have claimed to go into cocoon mode for 3-6 months and come out fucking ripped because all they did was lift and eat right.

I don't believe it's healthy, but there are (were?) plenty of people on this board that would disagree with me

Attached: Eqz7BYZ.png (611x746, 87K)

sorry for the namefield. leftover from another thread

i am literally doing this right now and love that theres a name for it. its working, but i have social exposure due to a low stakes job and part time school (about to finish).
its going great and contemplating who i might socialize with in he future is exciting to be honest. how i want to live my life.

I've been in /cocoon mode/ since I was 18, no outside contact besides the occasional cashier/waitress interactions. I'm planning to come out of my cocoon this month a stronger man than ever before. I'm 30 now and have gained so much wisdom it would make a 60 year old man blush.

forgot to add "haha" at the end

That's what I did user, but make sure you don't go overboard. It's healthier to have good supports support you while you're doing this. Otherwise you can feel really depressed, make sure your foundation is really strong. I did this coming out of drugs, drinking to turn my life around. My weight and my discipline it really helped me to break all of my habits. Just be careful and keep your support groups. fr

No, I'm serious.

I remember turning 30. I thought I had it all figured out too
*sips*

Attached: socrates_quote_the_only_true_wisdom_is_in_knowing_you_know_nothing_5632.jpg (1920x1080, 375K)

>End cocoon mode when you are satisfied with your body and mind
So never leave?

Humans are social creatures. Depriving yourself of healthy social interaction will fuck your brain. Good luck.

i'm 21 and i've been in "cocoon" mode for 3 years. the past year has been the most brutal of all, they keep getting worse. i haven't spoken to a "friend" in over a year and a half or a girl in 3 and a half. i feel like i can't even try to make friends or recontact the old ones until i have the body of a demi-god and the wisdom of a saint. i've already greatly surpassed the average guy, but i'm paralyzed by low self esteem or something gay like that. also i'm mentally fucked. i've put myself on a very bad path that has only one destination, and its not a happy one.

Attached: 1539729269388.jpg (600x300, 74K)

>i'm also mentally fucked
No shit, get some help before you decide to off yourself

hahaha i may be fucked mentally, but i'm not a pussy. you think i would just off myself like a dog? haha no, i'll do some shit no man on this earth will have the balls to do.

Cocoon mode and isolationism are almost never the answer. You are thinking there’s some kind of trade off to be made where one must be cut off from social interaction in order to get better. This isn’t how it works. You have these support structures built up, don’t tear them down and make it more difficult to improve themselves. Allow the structures to be built up stronger while you get better.

If these are good people then you have nothing to worry about

Then what the fuck is this destination you're talking about?

>(((namefield)))

my destiny.

i think extended isolation has ruined my ability to make friends or have relationships at all. it doesn't feel like there's any way out.
maybe doing something like this would be ok just to get your shit together, but it probably shouldn't be longer than a year of low socialization at most.

yes isolating certain muscle groups is important for joint health and to achieve a balanced physique

I thought you meant isolation work.
Anyway, nice blog post.

this is why the idea that isolating yourself from others will help you develop mentally is retarded. the best possible thing you can do for your mentality is be around others. we're social creatures by nature. if the people you hang out with fuck your mind up then that's a whole other problem

Compounds are much better for building strength and mass, but isolation exercises should still be in your routine to work your weak points.

Good luck user

So you know anyone on this earth who you could hang out with? Even if it’s a cousin or something? You are still very young and it would probably do you some good to have some social experiences.

>Is isolation healthy?

No. A low amount of social interaction could be healthy but total isolation is not good for anyone. Even Himalayan monks live in groups.

Was a complete loser at 18. Once I got to uni I decided to go full cocoon mode for 2 years. Got out bigger, smarter and better. Before, the only girl i talked to was my mother, now I am mesaging 6 girls at once. Just remember that you need to get out eventually