Best Strength Building Plan?

What is the best building plan?

>inb4 SS meme

Attached: ab699WO_700b.jpg (555x555, 27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

startingstrength.com/resources/forum/programming-modifications/86805-starting-hlm-intermediate-programming.html
b-ok.cc/book/2482883/812bf5
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

If you are a total beginner it is unironically SS. Do it until you stall then move on to something more specific

im more intermediate. basically been doing brosplits and wanna do something that allows for more rest and focuses on strength and size more

Madcow or Texas Method?

Neither. Madcow might work for a few weeks but doesn't have enough volume to help you grow. You do 3 warm up sets, 1 sorta heavy set and 1 heavy set. TM only works if you've got insane genetics, super high test or roids. You're relying on one heavy session a week to make progress. Like Madcow it'll last for a few weeks but is unsustainable in the long term.

If you want the best then hire an experienced coach, if you want good enough look at Barbell Medicine's templates, RTS general intermediate program, Greg Nuckols 28 programs, Calgary Barbell's 16 week program etc. /plg/ has a list that usually gets posted.

Honestly with a brosplit you are most likely still not far enough developed that a novice program wont give you the best results. But if you dont want to stress yourself too much go with HLM, it gives you a lot of recovery possibilities and is simpler than texas method

Attached: gzclp-infographic-030519.jpg (800x3729, 1.09M)

/this

Is your squat in the 300s or 400s while you're under 200lbs bodyweight? Then no, you're still a novice.

5x5

This is retarded, everyone has different genetics and different frames. Some people will get a 4pl8 squat in 3 months while others will get it after several years of training. Saying you need to be at least 200lbs is also retarded because then you're just encouraging people to be fat by making them think they need to get to 200 lbs as fast as possible.

He said under 200. He means whatever your weight is, to be considered intermediate or even advanced you have to at least squat 2x or 3x bodyweight. Even for a fatty that's hard.

I took it as Rippetoan logic that you need to be at least 200lbs, and if you're under 200lbs you're still a novice no matter what, but I might have misunderstood. Either way it's retarded, and I don't know why some people put so much stock in these novice programs, they're just there to get you used to the movements and going to the gym, there's no magic in them that unlocks secret "noob gains" you can't get elsewhere.

Well you're wrong. Unless you're tiny, you can still make progression on a novice LP if you're under 200lbs by eating more. Ofc 200 is arbitrary, tbe point is if you are relatively lift for your weight you haven't exhausted novice LP.

The 300s and 400s squat metric is also arbitrary and rippetoe never claims you have to squat X to be an intermediate. In fact, he claims the opposite. Intermediate just means you cannot make workout to workout progress anymore since the stress required for adaptation is too great to recover from in 2 days.

If you're a skinny weak fuck, that could be with a 225 squat. But really, that's just a failure of the novice LP and not eating.

I really like upper/lower concurrent for when I want to get stronger

e.g.
1st session
Rotate between Deadlift 2x3 / 1x1 /// Trap bar Deadlift 2x3 / 1x1 /// Sumo Deadlift 2x3 / 1x1
some back off Romanian or Stiff legged deadlift sets at rpe7

2nd session
Block pulls 2x8-10 @rpe7
Hip Thrusts 3x10-12~ @rpe7
Reverse HyperExtensions 2x15-25 @rpe7
Weighted Plank 3x60-90s

Like I said, genetics play a big role for where you actually end up, and telling people they have to hit X number, wether that's on the bar or the scale, is not helpful as some people will stall much earlier and then run themselves into the ground trying to make the LP work while others could take things further but think they need to switch because the numbers say they are intermediate. Calories matter sure, but eating more isn't always the answer, especially if you're already a bit fluffy and the program has stopped working, by that point there's no point in getting fat to marginally increase the weight on the bar on a novice program when you can make better progress on an intermediate program without all the drawbacks that comes with an LP.

I have a problem with people telling someone who is not a novice anymore to go back to a novice program and "just eat more bro" just because their numbers are deemed as not good enough, this thinking that novice programs are somehow magic, and somehow unlock secret "noob gains" that cannot be gained in any other way. That's what I meant when I said that people put too much stock in novice programs, even if you switch to an intermediate program "too early" then so what? You theoretically make a bit slower progress in the short term, but in the long term it's not going to matter at all.

Rip might say that you're no longer a novice when you can't add weight to the bar every workout, but in practice he regularly tells people on the forum that they are novices because he doesn't think their numbers are good enough, even if their numbers are above what is quoted as average by SSCs. Here's an example startingstrength.com/resources/forum/programming-modifications/86805-starting-hlm-intermediate-programming.html

Unironically SS you wimp.

b-ok.cc/book/2482883/812bf5

Here you go have fun

Your lifts are shit and you are a faggot. Should have done SS retard. Luckily for you, you can still do SS probably because of your extreme time wasting

I been doing PHUL since i started lifting. Its been more than a year now and i still see progress. Not thinking about changing it anytime soon. I do some additional shoulder and arm work tho for the /aesthetics/

Leacing novice means you can not make linear progression any longer while eating at a reasonable surplus.

Intermediate requires a specialized program with bloc periodization to make gains, even with a reasonable surplus.

Advanced/Elite whatever means any pure muscular strength gains are very difficult and your near your max. Need to get everything out of tiny technique improvements or do a huge bulk to make strength gains for a specific meet/event. This is like Kaz bulking up 50lbs when he realized he wasnt winning WSM st sub 300lbs no matter how much he trained.

SS is fine if you do the upper body lifts first.