Why haven't you taken the HEMA pill yet?

Why haven't you taken the HEMA pill yet?
>massive shoulders and core
>cardio
>have something actually interesting to talk about on dates

Attached: 1564436667520.webm (720x405, 1.93M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UMFna8bn8cc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Way too many beta nerds in the HEMA

because guns exist.

No girl wants to hear you talk about pretend sword fighting dude

Yes they do, art hoes and nerd girls love weird shit like this and they're arguable the best lays.

Attached: swordqt5.webm (1000x837, 1.92M)

If you want the technique and to not look like a complete neckbeard and be around women, do olympic fencing. If you want to be a big man and hit other men really hard, do buhurt.

HEMA is weird LARPing.

Attached: 28842656354_82c468692a_b.jpg (1024x992, 241K)

>literally uses techniques people fought with a thousand years ago
>larping

Attached: 81EW1PvbWtL._SY606_.jpg (421x606, 33K)

Why does that sword look oddly phalic?

all swords are like that, it makes them better for cutting things.

>So what are your hobbies
I lift weights and I'm in a medieval fight club

>have something actually interesting to talk about on dates

Attached: mark-henry-finger.gif (250x150, 557K)

I make arrowheads and catch fish with my hands but it's still cringy.

Attached: 1568798040848.jpg (335x425, 50K)

I fenced in highschool, besides having permanently uneven quads and maybe marginally superior skill against laymen in hand to hand combat, I have not gained any pussy from this sport

>buhurt
this is the most low-IQ shit i've seen
youtube.com/watch?v=UMFna8bn8cc

>while you sipped on vanilla latte, I studied the blade
>while you took instagram selfies, I studied the blade
>while you practiced sodomy with chads and tyrones, I studied the blade

>permanently uneven quads
?

Good post

Quadriceps tendon is permanently stretched on one leg so vastus is always a little higher on one leg when i flex

if you're not a post-modern caricature of a "man" you're larping
welcome to 2019

>fencing
High IQ, respected sport, international recognition.

>buhurt
Low IQ, high test heavy armor, big poleax smash head

>HEMA
"Above average" IQ, full cope, D&D nerds and virgins.

Attached: D_pcaiIWkAAiM5M.jpg (750x669, 52K)

just stretch the other one, genius.

kek

It makes them not shatter at impact, you dumb nigger.

Because the people at HEMA disallow full contact techniques like shield bashing.

Attached: 20190912_101412_1_1.gif (368x656, 760K)

Not available in my area that I know of. I'll stick with working on my living history kits, in the meantime.

I JUST WANT TO CLEAVE PEOPLE IN TWO DURING A CRUSADE

I actually really enjoyed HEMA, but it was too much with the equipment costs and stress. I'd recommend it but I'd recommend judo more.

>Yes they do, art hoes and nerd girls love weird shit like this and they're arguable the best lays.
They're also unironically some of the biggest sluts

Weeew lad calm ur tits m'lady.jpg

I do do HEMA. It's fun but unless you're sparring its hardly a workout. Basic cardio at best. Also most people that do it are "those" type of people and its pretty immediately apparent, just exactly what you'd expect. Few people that do it (including instructors) are in good shape or do much other physical activity.

If you do HEMA you will see a lot of fat or overweight people, ugly girls, nerds and fantasy gamers, and other assorted types. Sparring is fun but most people use what I think of as "lightsaber" style rules where contact point, so more like point karate vs boxing except with blunt swords.

Underrated

HEMA's fun as shit. None of you faggots can change that.

Reason I think this is a joke...

Is because my friends and I used to spar everyday during summers for years. Spears, clubs, dowel rods, iron rods, bokken, whatever.

Only protection we had was a paintball mask.

For the most part, we all played full contact (just a step up from wrestling/getting over to submit). But then our forms changed alot as each gained mastery over something and then shared with the others. 2 friends went to do kendo. 1 came from kempo+escrima.
I had always been spear and shield kinds guy that transitioned over to sort sword/parrying dagger and broadsword.

Had to adapt to fighting kendo and asian martial arts fags, my brother sword+spear, and one of my friend who had a big club.

Have my own 2 sword movements locked into my mind via muscle memory.

With such an assortment of people, adopting a short sword/party dagger in one had gave me defensive ability to parry without interfering with movements of primary hand.
Stole lots of the footwork and "wringing" of the muscles from kendo friends.
Only takes getting hit a couple of times before you learn where your body should/shouldn't be in a fight.

Before I knew it, had a fighting style to fight my martial artist friends in our armed MMA fight club.

About 6 years after HS. I went to a zombie Convention (high off of walking dead release).
There were HEMA LARPER guys with their foam.covered....boffins....I think they called them?

Pay $10. Winner stays. Het hit in a body part, lose it.

Fought +8 people. Not a single loss.

Attached: img_0008.jpg (2272x1704, 1.34M)

>HEMA
>foam sticks
I'm not sure those were hema guys bro. we mostly use steel

Attached: 653785465_orig.png (526x273, 356K)

This. I forgot who the quote's from but
God made us men.
Colt made us equals.

>can't parry bullets with a sword
ngmi

>0 Results

I think this is a real post.

Attached: 1489779584507.jpg (562x518, 37K)

>god made men
>sam colt made us equal
>john browning made us all equally worthless

Attached: 3cb8256f9c87d8b748ba4382c8b0143b.jpg (599x208, 11K)

Doesnt build you up that much

Attached: 5709851276_fe8174247c_b.jpg (700x450, 176K)

Captain Autismo - Sword Master Extrordinairre

HEMA is full of neckbeards like that guy, but in the end they're all weeded off because it requires physical strength, cardio and conditioning, and neckbeard autismos hate to be hit hard.

So in the end only the chill adults remain, hence why I recommend HEMA to anyone with an interest in history and swords and combat

This is now my tinder profile text.

/asp/ had a very active HEMA general for years before the mandrama pushed them out

Anything like swordfighting like done by Knights? I think wearing 25+ kg Armour would be a pretty good workout and fighting in it for 2 hours as Knights were expected to. I just want to try something like that.

Literal HEMA.

Many of the manuals also have an armored section. It isnt widespread merely because of the cost or armor and the difficulty of finding another richfag like you to practice with.

Attached: fighting.jpg (494x330, 42K)

shut up nerd

This is so gay

Yes, a quality that makes them better at cutting things.

I do. It got me laid and then the motivation was gone and i stopped. /asp/ used to call it Virgin Duels and its very accurate. Its brilliant tho and i got shit loads out of doing it.

This is so cool.

M8 about 80% of the lads in my group fuck, 20% of us fuck a lot (not married etc...). You have the virgins, yes, but they're the minority and weaklings as well.

We even have a passaround whore that pretty much clinged to the group just to be fucked (and to be popular)

Heavy Combat
It's SCA so there's a lot of dumb rules to make it more "fair", but at the end of the day it's still full contact and the events are pretty big

Attached: serveimage.jpg (1600x1200, 413K)

I did HEMA routinely for two years, sword & buckler, with added ringen for fun. You won't get fit from HEMA, it helped marginally for my upper body, and very maybe a little bit for shoulders. It won't get you fit, but it is very enjoyable. I certainly miss it.

based /asp/chads driving the HEMAettys off the board

homo

I like history and some fantasy, but if I had the need to fulfill my fantasy nerd larping needs, I'd rather put that time and money investement into learning historical trades. Blacksmithing or carpentry, if you achieve a good level in those, you can make good dosh, learn history and get some cardio + mad forearm gains.

i practise kendo at home and my forearms and shoulder muscles are made of steel because of it

why you work out then at all?

i don't know why everyone here is shitting on this. never heard of hema. tell me more about the fit aspect. honestly this sounds more fun than shoulder/back day. can this be a substitute for back and shoulder day?

>not practicing with guns, swords, and your bare fists in addition to weight lifting, hiking, and reading manuals of tactics and strategy from every major time period of humanity to become a literal war god
>thinking you're going to make it

This but unironically

>yeah just do five more years of fencing, but with the other leg in the front, genius

what a retard

The thing about HEMA, at Least in my experience, is that while your strength and endurance will improve it won't show. I still look like a chubby dyel but my performance at the gym has has noticeably gotten better. But working out in conjunction with any sport is a good idea.

Why?

HEMA always looked like alot of fun and good cardio. I love my boxing and BJJ classes so I imagine I'd enjoy this too. I'm afraid the people who practice it would drive me away though as I can easily see it being filled with autism virgins. If I ever live or work within 30 mins of a gym I'll give it a trial. I wouldn't pretend it would teach me to defend myself, that's what a pistol is for, I just want to have fun.

Attached: vgS_kSDBg4uSQjsdEpQDiWxTzRtTLQwUoR_39hh4nuY.jpg (700x700, 82K)

>fenced for years when I was a kid
>stopped when I went to school because there was no fencing team there
>want to get back into it
>there are no fencing clubs for 25+ fencers within 100 miles of me

Am I just supposed to go on Craigslist and ask if anyone wants to spar? Do I put fliers on the gym bulletin board? I have a few extra epees in my attic and a used helmet is like $25, I'd even be willing to start a pick-up fencing team just out of boredom if I thought it would work.

Attached: 1566925090976.jpg (727x965, 133K)

You signed up on USA Fencing's site? They list nearby tournaments which, if you can't find a club, maybe the best option you have for practice. Also stop being gay and switch to sabre fag.

Attached: 1567804235151.png (554x554, 47K)

Because swinging a 30lb metal rod helps with upper body strength, endurance, and coordination.

For context a long sword weights ~2-3lbs, claymore ~5-6lbs, halberd ~3-6lb.

Once you got a good base of strength, can train for speed and finesse.

Attached: 1563044675309-1_1.gif (368x368, 1.05M)

Forgot to mention that AskFred is also a good place to look, its more for small recreational tournaments, but since you're just looking for sparring. That may be the better option.

That's awesome, I'll look into it.

Attached: 1551770425759.jpg (961x595, 68K)

This. Hema is literally virgin

Ye, no problem broski. I like to lookout for other fencers, sports too small not to

>doesn't know about big dick Bjorn Ruther

>massive shoulders and core
Bull fucking shit. Every single hema practicioner that I have ever seen was pudgy and/or a dyel.

>switch to sabre
Why would he want to downgrade?

Have you ever had a date? It’s an interesting hobby. Any woman judgmental enough not to date you because you like fencing is a woman you don’t want in your life.

Yeah swords are actually light weight baby territory.
If you really want to boost arms, upper body, and core start doing a mace workout.

>Downgrade
What? Can't handle a good thwack to the fingies? Can't keep up with the unrelenting force that is a Sabre fencer going off the line? Go back to being a hedge statue

Attached: 1565390027715.png (505x477, 270K)

>tfw polish saber fencer who doesn't use a knuckle bow
Get on my level scrubs

Come home, white man.

Attached: CKDF+Group+Photo+-+NOV+2015.jpg (1428x524, 526K)

Me on the left

I just do HEMA because it's like 30% as expensive for a club membership. Olympic fencing clubs are just resume builders for rich kids now, rather than a proper sport, so they charge like $120 a month. If they had a squat rack and a set of barbells I'd even consider it, but it's usually just some medicine balls and foam rollers.

Cringe

i mean if you are into it, cool. its a hobby and better than sitting on the couch all day. not better than ccw though.

Based

What's the fucking point of this webm? What is she talking about? Why even bother posting this shit?

you still do Hema? routine?
nice calves

I support hema but it should be approached as a (fun) academic exercise. Claiming to practice hema for any kind of health or self-defense benefit is cringe. Performers get a pass too. It's a decent art and a fine hobby

>see old video on youtube
>immediately post meme thread like youre an expert on subject matter of the cool video you saw 10 minutes ago that left you impressed

never change.

No one to fight

I organized a fight club in parking lot of my work for a while, but everyone was out of shape.
The first time they get hit on hand they tend to flake out.

Was able to teach some basics like guards, strikes, footwork, and body positioning....but 1-2hrs a day 3x a week isnt enough to progress substantially.

Even after I built adhoc hand guards (a fucking luxury I never had) and offered my motorcycle gloves (full leather, carbon fiber+fiberglass+metal mesh hard points on fingers and tops of hand).

People are very shy about getting hit in general.
My hands are quite scarred by hits.

Attached: Adobe_20190923_165748.jpg (670x315, 53K)

maybe op lives in europe

Attached: 1535057708745.jpg (1200x600, 118K)

Yes I’ve had dates and girls want to talk about themselves for 99% of the time and the last thing they want to hear about is faggy larp swordfighting. Ask me how I know you’re a virgin?

fuck, the shoulders on the guy all the way to the right.

Attached: 1520961803478.jpg (600x600, 40K)

yes because weak faggots use guns, that‘s why they‘re made equal to alpha chads

Uncompetitive and filled with slobby LARPers

>switch to sabre
I mean, it's an upgrade from Epee. But if you had a brain, you'd be fencing foil.

>dexfag cope

You dont keep practicing by yourself? You will lose most of your skill.
Man, its unbelievable that you cannot find people to train. I would kill to train that way but Europe, good luck getting anybody out of his home for anything different than going to bars and drinking.

1-2 hrs a day 3x a week is enough training in my opinion for beginners. What do you consider proper for substantial progress?

How were your training sessions?
Did you build more things, besides the hand guards?
What material did you use in order to learn? Old historic manual? Youtube videos? Practice and error?

Thanks, Based Boomer

>something to talk about on dates

M80, nothing is going to dry out a vagina quicker than explaining your medieval LARP fetish

2yrs soon, me like it

Attached: exxdde.png (1920x1080, 1.79M)

I do mace training () 1-2x a week for about an hour. Basically just use it as a heavy substitute for a 2 handed sword, pike/spear, or bo staff.

Kendo strikes and two sword practice every other week or so around the house until shoulders are tired

Archery once a week or so.

About to eat dinner with wife so dont have time to answer the rest but...

>Did you build more things, besides the hand guards?

Related

Attached: 20190923_184122.jpg (2184x2254, 2.86M)