/fast/ this time it’s personal edition

What is /fast/?
>Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and dry fasting.
discord.gg/qqtQFDQ

What’s the difference between intermittent fasting, water fasting, dry fasting, etc.?
>Intermittent fasting: farting for a certain amount of time with a short eating window. 16:8 (16 hours fasting, 8 hour eating window) is the bare minimum.
>Water fasting: Fasting with only water.
>Dry fasting: Fasting with no water. Dangerous, use with caution.

Why should I fast?
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3946160/
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11147801
>idmprogram.com/difference-calorie-restriction-fasting-fasting-27/
>youtube.com/watch?v=APZCfmgzoS0 [Open]

How do I safely do an extended fast?
>Take snake juice, or just supplement electrolytes.
>Water=2L
>Potassium chloride =1 tsp (No Salt)
>Sodium chloride = 1/2 tsp (Himalayan Pink Salt)
>Sodium Bicarbonate = 1 tsp (Baking Soda)
>Magnesium Sulphate = 1/2 tsp (Food Grade Epsom Salts)
>Mix these in 2L of water and sip it throughout the day.
>[OPTIONAL] 2 tbsp Apple cider vinegar and 4 tbsp lemon juice. DO NOT MIX with snake juice, drink separately.
>You can also do this if you feel lightheaded, weak, dizzy, nauseous, etc., on shorter water fasts. Don’t do this while intermittent fasting.

Won’t I go into starvation mode?
>No. The mainstream definition of starvation mode is a myth. Read the FAQ linked below for more information.

Will (something with calories) break my fast?
>Yes.

Can I drink coffee, tea, and diet soda? Or anything with artificial sweeteners?
>You can do whatever the fuck you want. We recommend avoiding those, sweeteners especially.

Do I need a multivitamin?
>No

this is the community discord: discord.gg/qqtQFDQ
its SFW

Prolonged fast FAQ: fast.fandom.com/wiki/FAST_FAQ

losertown.org/eats/cal.php

Last Thread

Attached: 02F355AE-41C9-4854-A4CE-CA02A808D8C0.jpg (980x653, 36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

elis.sk/download_file.php?product_id=5560&session_id=fkcd2cors30vkma4k5cum2ntb4
youtube.com/watch?v=7nJgHBbEgsE
youtube.com/watch?v=0z03xkwFbw4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

24 hours dry bros

Wtf. I attempted a 48hr fast but only got to 35, was drinking water. This morning when I broke the fast I had two eggs, about 400g of broccoli, a bowl of bran flakes with almond milk and two huel shakes. Not all at once but over like 3 hours, and I had a shit before and I could see broccoli florets whole in the shit? It's my first time at a prolonged fast, so I'm scaling down to 24 hours. What could be the problem, did I eat too much too quick or what?

Not enough, next, get rid of your need for breathing so much. Go full Wim Hof. You got this brother.

Oh yeah and I did have some electrolytes during this fast.

>doing extremely long prolonged fasts
>without electrolytes
are you playing with your life? you just dont care?

How do I fast faster?

lel bro just fast fast

I did have electorlytes though...

241lbs, 6' here. Starting OMAD today and planning on doing a 48 hour fast at the end of the week, after two weeks a 72 hour fast, afer four I plan on doing a full seven day fast. Wish me luck. All fasting will be water fasting with snake juice.

Attached: 2AB3A443A1ED4C0784A1C306D6202BCA.jpg (1891x1891, 135K)

I will break you

Cool tip will do

reposting from last thread:
Is it possible to lose fat and gain muscle on short term fasts?(24-48h fast like once a week.
I'm asking because I'm a skinnyfat fuck and bulking would make my bf too high and cutting would make me a skeleton.

how would I go about it the best way considering I do a full body workout 3x/week?

Guise

I just did a 60 hour fast, and just like my first fast of the same duration, i began having severe pain in my kidneys and joints. Some user told me to drink apple cider vinegar, so i'll try that.
However a more serious issue seems to be my teeth and particularly gums, the teeth start aching around the third day, and then builds up to a severe pain in the gums. After googling around some medical fag explained it was basically the same thing that happened to meth addicts when their teeth gets fucked, but i couldn't find any way to counter-act this issue.
I had enough trouble with my teeth, i can't lose anymore ;_;
Why am i having so many fucking issues with this? I love fasting right until this shit happens, i barely feel any hunger or discomfort until this shit happens.
I should mention that the first time i drank snake juice, and this time i didn't(just regular tapwater to see if that made a difference). Second time the kidney pain was less severe, but my gums were as bad. I take mineral supplements too.
I really hope one of you has a magic trick to fix this, even though i only made it to 60 hours, i still dropped 3kg, and i plan on restarting the fast tomorrow and see if i can successfully lose weight by fasting for 2-3 days and then eat normally, even if that's fucktarded logic.

Thanks for reading my blog.

Attached: 1495326828544.jpg (224x224, 6K)

how fat are you? Fasting is mostly painless unless your are a fatass or going through some severe detoxing (caffeine,sugar,carbs,onions,etc)

In most cases if something hurts during your fast it means that its healing so dont worry about it anyway.

How fucked am I if I unironically do a coffee and diet soda diet for like 2-3 months?

Probably not that fucked desu

Yeah I too have issues with my teeth. Fasting isn't meant to be fun. If you have problems, drop it. It's an extreme that few can sustain

It's based. Just add some fruit juice and other shit to it, some protein shakes for a much better liquid diet.

Just fast

I want to try it lol

295lbs(134kg), i hardly eat any sugar and drink very little coffee. I have been eating low carbs for a good while now too(women in the house insisted).
That last bit about it meaning that it's healing, is a bit in contrast with what i read about it affecting teeth, my own doctor even confirmed it(but wasn't willing to talk about meme diets further).
I'd be willing to put up with the other ill effects, but i've already lost a few teeth, i don't want to end up on a faces of meth collage.
I'll try just fasting for 2 days and then eating a single meal, maybe that'll work better for me.
Dropping fasting just seems like such a loss, i want to make it work for the future so i can use it to adjust my weight. The sensation of losing weight without feeling hunger all the time is amazing, i want to fix the process if i can.

Anyone got any knowledge to share on taking vitamins/supplements while fasting? Do my gummy vitamins break a fast?

What exactly is your tooth problem? Did you ever feel any pain before you started fasting?

It can't be fixed, not in my instance at least. That's why I gave up and switched to a liquid diet, I just chug protein shakes a few times daily along with cofee. Don't give a fuck I'll do this cup thy ipny until thin

Having a fine time doing my 72 hours > small refeed > repeat however I'm so sick of keto breath!!!! SO SICK OF IT!!

I have no other symptoms, I never feel hungry, cravings have almost diminished but god fuck this breath, I brush my teeth twice a day and it goes away for 30 minutes but that's it. I even use mouthwash. I'm not going to break my fasts over something so trivial but fuck. I hate it.

No it was completely fine before. I tried different dental care products but nothing would stop the ache. Apparently it's a change in the saliva when you don't eat(or smoke meth) that is causing it.
It begins hurting at the root of the teeth, and then the pain spreads to the gums and becomes constant and searing.
I tried eating some tablets that was supposed to fix it(the saliva), but it just kept on hurting, and i started to feel a lot of pain in teeth i had previously had fixed
I'm a bit out of ideas here, it sucks big dick.
Well i hope that works out for you, i might try that or just switch back to cutting calories, even if it feels like shit.
Still going to give EF a few more tries first though.

Reminder that you need some form of protien intake and lifting + cardio even during a water fast or else you will lose muscle and not fat.
le snek cum will do nothing but make you lose fat, which is why you will rebound.
elis.sk/download_file.php?product_id=5560&session_id=fkcd2cors30vkma4k5cum2ntb4

Attached: 2019-09-23-1569257213.png (517x413, 108K)

But protein breaks a fast

About 44 hours in now and the hunger pains are getting worse and worse

Experiment with what works for you. I took beef broth with an egg, or a small fruit once a day, i stayed in ketosis, i verified this by using the test strips.

Have sixteen ounces of beef broth, warm it up and put a bit of lemon, it will carry you over.

Use the ketone test strips to verify you stay in Ketosis.

*make you lose muscle
You don't need to be 100% in ketosis.
Fasting will make you lose water, muscle and then fat in that order. That's why you'll notice rebound weight gain when you refeed.
You need to keep your msucles bathed in lactic acid by working out and give them protien to build up. That way your body will be forced to burn fat because you already used up any caloric content your muscles have by lifting.
I don't think actual food is a good idea. fatsos wont be able to stop themselves.
A low/no sugar whey based protien powder is the way to go. dilute it in like 2 liters of water and drink it throughout the day. It wont have enough taste that way to get you hungry and you'll get your protien.

Attached: 2019-09-23-1569256994.png (1137x538, 146K)

try therabreath products
I got the one specifically for bad breath and its aight but I hear the probiotic one is tops

I thought prioritizing muscle loss was debunked? Considering that's the most counterproductive survival mechanism.

>Considering that's the most counterproductive survival mechanism.
growing tumors is counterproductive as well.
Maybe you shouldn't be listening to retards on youtube telling you to eat nothing but bathsalts for a week kek

do you guys drink the full 2l of memejuice everyday?

Attached: taytay8.jpg (984x1231, 131K)

Had 2.8. Kcals today after a 48h fast. How much did i fuck up if my tdee supposedly is 2.8k?

Fuck, why?

Dude this shit is mostly mental.

So i have the energy to still workout 5x a week, felt really sluggish to the point i couldnt get up from the couch last night.

So the question still stands, is it really bad that i ate maintenance for a single day after a fast, or i shouldnt worry too much? Its not like im obesely overweight, if that changes anything, just trying to lose those last 5kgs as fast as possible

No. I had 1-2 sip per day. Don't particularly like the taste. Day 5 still going strong

You want to know the signals your body gives you. With large meals after a fast you might just feel bloated and exhausted.

It takes 36 hours for a meal to make it through my digestive system unless something goes wrong and it pushes through with diarrhea

>52510894
watch after 37:25. He lists some studies that contradict what you said
youtube.com/watch?v=7nJgHBbEgsE

Attached: Unbenannt.png (1032x550, 325K)

Wasnt taken all in a single sitting. Im just dumb at this whole fasting thing and was worried, that after eating nothing for 2 days, that suddenly an increase o 2.8k kcals would add fat back

>Intermittent fasting: farting for a certain amount of time with a short eating window.

I never said fasting is bad, I'm fasting as well. But I'm also keeping my intake of protien current and lifting.
You WILL lose weight, you just have to lose the right type of weight.
Muscle mass will rebound almost instantly which is why you fucks always gain back weight or plateau with fasting.

dr. faggot over there doesn't explain why SCr shoots up a few days into a fast.

48h is BARELY enough to enter ketosis so no
just bulk a bit and then cut, you'll get strong, big and then lean and hot
how is 48 long lmaooo
if they have sugar then yes they break fast

Tumor growth isn't at all the same as metabolism, though. One's an error; tumors are a result of other processes failing. Metabolism is on par with "having organs" as a biological trait.

Only on Jow Forums would someone type this shit and be deadass

Fast beginner here
I did a 72 hours and didn't have any cravings or anything.
I'm doing a 3x3(fasting for 3 days, eating for 3) I have only fasted once so I'm getting used to. Goals is doing 3x1.
How do you break a fast?
It is sensible to do fast+keto?
Should I only drink snake juice when I get dizzy or a lil weak?

Started a fast around 11:30 PM on Saturday, by around 9 PM Sunday I had a bad headache and was feeling tired although no hunger pangs. I woke up around 1 PM today, so slept for like 16 hours. Headache is gone and still no hunger pangs but I' wondering why I slept so long. Something to do with caffeine withdrawal?
Anyway I'm getting close to 40 hours fasted and I feel completely fine. Not hungry at all nor do I have any cravings.

Fast, does potassium gluconate work if I need electrolytes? Also water with electrolytes in them? I literally have no money until payday and the old lady next door had some potassium (she usually brings my son baked stuff and homemade food and quilts, she is like 90 years old and her grandkid died) anyways I have pink salt and those things right now.

I am trying to do a 10 day fast and I am on day 3 and I just spent an hour in the gym lifting.

I have similar experiences, except the first time I had a major bout of keto flu.

I don't do snake juice. I take beef or chicken broth instead with a bit of lemon juice for flavor.

Were you regularly drinking a lot of coffee before the fast also? Also currently I feel fantastic, gonna read a but and then do some maths.

the point is that your body doesn't always have to make "sense" to you.
Bottom line is you need to life and eat protien (though powder so you dont over eat or be unable to stop yourself) and life hard if you want to lose fat and not just muscle + water.

Are you suggesting that you won't lose fat on a fast? Retarded stuff

muscle mass is more available as an energy source unless you bath them in lactic acid by lifting.
see go get a blood test during a fast and you'll see how high your SCr is

Was having 16oz of black coffee for breakfast, didn't anything until 1 or 2 pm, which was either a burger and fries, or a hoagie stuffed with everything, and at night a very large meal of rice and beef or chicken.

35 is a decent number

Is sneezing like a mofo common on a dry fast?

Yep, your body it is doing its thing. Don't be surprised if you feel like getting a cold or flu.

are you talking about the infamous keto flu?

How is muscle mass a more available energy source than fat, when fat's primary purpose is to be available as an energy source?

Currently on 3x1 (I am a woman so it may be different if you’re a man) however I break mine with whatever I want as long as it’s under 1100 calories and less than 20g carbs. I normally have a tuna and crab salad or steak & veggies.

I personally don’t use anything but water and sometimes I’ll dry fast. For 3 days I never feel weak/ill and I still work out.

youtube.com/watch?v=0z03xkwFbw4

Kinda, I don't get it because I keep hydrated.

>available as an energy source
energy storage*

I just want to say thanks /fast/, thanks for everything.
I made it last week. I weighed in at 86kg. I met my goal for loss.

when do I start feeling better:(
it's gotten worse

People have starved since the dawn of time boys, you arent discovering America, dont eat=your body Will eat yourself as simple as that

You didn't dry fast hard enough fatty

86kg is normal weight for 188cm height. according to medical professionals I'm no longer "fat"
I will continue to lose though because it's cheaper than buying food

If I do omad should I eat before or after gym?

I’m doing a 2500 cal/day fast, ama

I’m doing a 3000 cal/day fast, ama

I’m doing a 3500 cal/day fast, ama

I'm too fat to bulk and I'm trying to focus on my cardio as I wanna join army.

I feel proud of it for my first go and I could have done more. I was just a bit scared of going on the treadmill while fasted. Any idea on the problem I had?

besides being a faggot? no.

Interesting.

Why were you afraid of going on the treadmill? What, you thought you would pass out?

Can i go the gym in the middle of a 48h fast? Wont the extra strain on the muscles eat them away with no calories or protein being eaten?

Well yeah, but that's not the problem I was asking about, apologies for being unclear. I was asking about when I was shitting whole broccoli florets after breaking the fast, I don't think it's normal because the fast wasn't even that long.

Reposting from an older thread for answers

I'm trying to do 19:5 IF keto but does the feeling of wanting to puke ever go away?
I'm eating 1500 calories a day, 1000~1200 at lunch then a little more later on before going to class and I can barely keep my lunch down. I'm eating mostly chicken, some veggies (bean sprout, broccoli, red cabbage) and some nuts but holy shit I miss eating reasonably sized meals. I thought it would go away after the second week but it's still there and it's making me hate eating
Does it get any better?

Attached: kat3.jpg (962x951, 217K)

Happens, your system flushed itself.

Are you testing your ketones and blood sugar? Get a meter that you can afford and then can stay in range without the guesswork. Doing it your way by guesstimate it takes a bit to get over the discomfort.

On my first long term fast the Keto flu was so bad I could barely move. Even though that moving about and breathing help the deep lethargic feeling I was going through.

I modified my water fast to have a small fruit if the symptoms were just too much.I kept checking my ketones with the test strips to make sure I was staying in ketosis.

I'm not testing anything (keto strips are kinda expensive in my third world), but I'm monitoring my carb intake pretty closely. The only carbs I have daily are from my whey, some chia seeds and my vegetable of choice for the day and that adds up to around 15g a day.
I'm pretty certain I'm on ketosis because I lost around 3 pounds in three days and I had that issue where my body didn't retain any water at all, I felt super dehydrated until I had some water with sodium and potassium

On OMAD with a caloric defecit you can lose fat and gain muscle, but if you cannot keep up with progressing whatever exercises you do, then obviously you have to eat more.
You don't need the vitamins.
2L is unnecessary unless you're exercising quite a bit.

Lost 10 lbs today. Woke up, lifted, walked 30 mins of the treadmill. Worked all day in the heat all dry fasted. Went from 208 in the morning to 198 when I got home. How much should I expect to gain back if I drink some water?

>10 lbs
Did you have a massive shit?

No didn’t shit all day. Pissed a lot but like I said I lifted did cardio in the morning then worked in the heat all day. I was already 48 hours dry fasted when I started so I’m in ketosis already. I assume if I drank water I would gain most of it back but I’m so tired I might be able to go to sleep before I cave into drinking any

Well water weights 8.34 pounds per gallon, so if you drink two quarts you would ingest about 4.17 pounds.

I often hear that fasting is extremely natural and our ancestors did it and whatnot. How is mixing all kinds of chemical salts into our water and drinking it natural?

Dude, drink water and add some salt to it. You need tha water in the blood to flush all the toxins.

Ah right thanks.
I kinda need to lose weight really quickly. I'm not fat anywhere except torso, do you think doing OMAD could get me losing weight quicker than extended snake fasts? My BMI is currently 26.4 and I need to get in the healthy range, ideally in like 2 months or so.

Man I’m going dry today buck o

I don't understand dry fast, they do help me with my mental conditioning, but physically they are exhausting.

Water fasting works much better for me, and even better when I keep track of the fluid intake.

I have figured out that I usually lose about a gallon of urine every time I do a long term fast of 7 days or more.

isnt your pain radiates from your salvia glands?
I had that while breaking the fast, my glands puffed up and felt like liquid fire, I thought it may be salviary stones but apperrently it was my salvia channels stuck together from not being used for several days and when it tried to generate, it just puffed up and hurt like hell. Resolved by itself after one or two days and never returned

They have given me god like skin and accelerated my weight loss. In one month of fasting I’ve gone from a 220 sugar addict to a 198 lb clear skinned go getter.