Do chin ups make biceps become the big biceps?

Do chin ups make biceps become the big biceps?

Attached: Chin-up-Vs-Pull-up.jpg (800x717, 37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_XH6TV4HZuc
youtube.com/watch?v=UfhT0OSUU0w
m.youtube.com/watch?v=sIvJTfGxdFo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

There's very little difference between the two. What you should consider is that fact that your shoulders are in a worse position in pull-ups

yes but if you wanna target biceps you might as well do curls

Not like this wop's doing them

>the chad neutral grip pull ups

>Yes, I do two sets of weighted pullups followed by two sets of weighted chinups

Attached: gigachad.jpg (1068x601, 137K)

Yeah but they both do really.

When I do pullups I follow them with supinated (chin-up) pulldowns on the plate-loaded machine. When I do chinups I follow with overhand rows on another plate-loaded machine. And I always do curls anyway.

Hit it from all angles lads, like the pussy.

you mean better

what's the advantage of neutral grip? bicep? trap? both?

It's the least injury prone and its a good balance between the two

it's minimal difference
you will get a strong and big back and lats by doing either

Based and redpilled.

If you want to grow a muscle do lifts that almost exclusively target that muscle

javascript:quote('52510666')
nice try, satan
main lifts should be big compounds
so if you want big arms or lats, then do BORs and weighted chins
then finish with isolations 8-12 reps after main workout is done
this is proven to be the best way to grow muscles

>There's very little difference between the two.
They hit almost entirely different muscles.

youtube.com/watch?v=_XH6TV4HZuc

What do you mean injury prone? do chin ups and pull ups have a bigger risk of bicep tears? it's honestly my biggest fear when it comes to lifting besides snap city

maybe he means it's easier on the wrists, as with all neutral grip lifts.

They risk tendinitis due to the supination/pronation of the forearm.

Close underhand grip
>more biceps activation
>better for your shoulders
>safer when going weighted
>negligible difference in back activation that can be mitigated by focusing on what your shoulder blades are doing during the movement
Why would anyone do the overhand let alone the retarded wide grip overhand. The only use of the regular grip is if you want to climb on something.

Attached: 7C76B3A1-C7E9-4751-AE5D-A2FCDA85C54F.png (401x539, 304K)

Yes they do, especially weighted chin ups. People say curls but if you wanna do some bodyweight exercises then w.chin ups are the way to go

does neutral grip achieve the same bicep gains?

No.

>Chinups: biceps = high, lats/back = low
>Pullups: biceps = low, lats/back = high
>Netural: biceps = medium, lats/back = medium

There is very little difference in lat activation between these exercises.

You all know deep down that chinups are girl pullups. Like knee pushups. Because everyone recognized this instinctively at seven years old, you cannot doubt it, no matter how hard you try.
>muh lat activation!
>muh bicep focus!
You're only arguing with yourself.

Girl. Pullups.

Attached: 1566842640382.png (1000x1000, 101K)

This shit matters so little, pick the one that feels the best so that you can train it hard. I’m the strongest with chinups but they hurt my wrists so I do neutral grip.

>low
>medium
>high
This suggestes there is more difference than there actually is. Bottom line pull with your back not your arms and you'll be fine

Whatsa BOR?

You don't get to choose which muscles you activate. It depends entirely on your grip and form. This video explains it well:
youtube.com/watch?v=UfhT0OSUU0w

i have a normal straight doorway pullup bar. what could i use to do neutral grip on it? some sort of attachment/straps?

On another note, is it a good idea to jump and use momentum and hold yourself up for a while if you can't do full perfect form chin ups

>fatty can't get his tripple chin up
cope

You're right, my mistake.

Yes. When I reach failure either I will start doing negative chin ups or do a chin up hold

I know this video but I think you didn't entirely understood my point. If you want to make your back work harder go for the arch instead of hollow body and try to bring your shoulder blades down and back (regardless of the grip).

Yes, and make sure you do a slow controlled release. This is basically like doing girl pushups before you can do real pushups. It will build the muscles involved in the exercise even if you can't do a single proper form rep. Australian pullups are good too.

I can’t do pull ups
I never feel comfortable in my shoulder doing them

I feel it more in my back than my arms, just do some curls and some weighted pullups

Thanks, any other assistance exercises i can do to strengthen them? rows and curls seem like the obvious choice or the pull down machine

Those will help, and so will resistance bands. But they're not necessary. I went from 0 pullups to 5 in my first 2-3 months just from doing decline reps, Australian pullups, and chinups.

bent over rows with a barbell
usually 45 angle, but you can vary it to hit different parts of the back

>shoulders are in a worse position in pull-ups
You can mitigate that using proper technique
m.youtube.com/watch?v=sIvJTfGxdFo
Attack the bar with your chest

>javascript:quote

neutral grip is the most natural and easy on shoulders, imo

also, because i fucked my shoulder up on ohp, i did only neutral grip pullups and pulldowns for like 2 months and my goddamn biceps started tearing my shirts up, my gf of 3 yrs suddenly started noticing lol so from my own experience neutral grip is best bang for ur buck

chipups are fucking weird as fuck. pullups hit lats way harder from my experience and dont feel retarded

>what could i use to do neutral grip on it? some sort of attachment/straps?
A towel
Don't use a doorway bar you moron, it will fall down

What I'm surprised about is that I saw this video of 2 fitness youtubers doing their max pull-ups which was like ~23

How many should I do before I start doing weighted pull ups? Started on the assisted machine, can do 8 right now unassisted, but have been stalling. Any tips?

The worst broscience I've seen all week.

For me it's mostly chinups and rarely pullups, because of my fucked right shoulder. Fuck this piece of garbage, I don't even know how it's got to this point.

R I N G S
I
N
G
S

every fucking time now whenever I read a retarded post the idiot who posted it will link a vid from this king of clickbait clown.

it's just variation. the differences you will experience in terms of both strength and hypertrophy will be indetectable. stop listening to meme man. here's some other of his excellent advice:

>bench and incline bench with 1/2 ROM
>do goblet squats instead of back squats
>don't deadlift

The real risk is developing lingering shoulder damage due to mobility required in the scapluar spine, scapulae themselves and traps with pullups and chin ups. Neutral girp reduces it a bit. Hammer grip motions are usually better for upper forearm development too.
bullshit

>the differences you will experience in terms of both strength and hypertrophy will be indetectable.
That's wrong and retarded. You can easily feel the difference in bicep fatigue after a set of pullups vs a set of chinups.

dunno what aussie pull ups are but weighted negatives are powerful. my mum, a 54 year old woman went from never having done a pull up in her life to doing 4 sets of fucking 8 in about the same time, which if you didn't know is extremely good progress. she may be a genetic outlier or may have responded well to that for some other reason, and I can't be sure of anything since there's only one data point, but this worked well for her. got her up to +10kg added with negatives for 4x8, then when she tried it one day without the weight she flew up so fast she almost fell off the bar

right then, towel for now. will look up rings. also my bar is solid. its not in a doorway, but bolted into a nook in the corner of the room. (like where a wardrobe sits) i'm pretty worried i'm gonna wreck my shit due to wrist issues in the past, but my upper body strength has been lagging for years.

this. Why limit your wrist position to three meme settings?

let me guess, you also believe benching with the swiss bar instead of the oly bar works an entirely different set of muscles too.

you're probably not doing one or the other with good technique desu. you're probably fairly new to lifting. everyone feels shit in their arms more than their back when they start

>implying you need any more than 3 wrist angle variations for this exercise
if you switch between 3 different grip widths and 3 different wrist positions, you're already looking at 9 variations. using dead hangs. pauses and partial ROMs adds about 50 other variations in there.

You're speaking complete nonsense.

>links rotator cuff man and believes everything he says, including divisive/clickbait points designed to maximize views
>i'm the one speaking nonsense

It's easy to prove what you're saying is bullshit. Do shoulder-width pullups to failure, then immediately switch to chinups. You will still be able to pop out a decent amount of reps.

fuck off Simons, Westside isn't the hot shit anymore

Usually the limit is set to 10 but if you’re stalling overloading might help. Otherwise after 8 switch to slight assist to push out more volume.

Well hey, look at this, a thread about actual weight lifting on Jow Forums

Attached: coomer.png (1545x869, 193K)

lmao nigga just do both. holy shit

actually close grip (elbows close to body) pull ups have most lats activation

i would've thought it was wide grip pull ups

>tfw weighted chinups fucked up my elbows forever

now i can only do neutral without tendonitis flaring up. it's fine though. did a double at +90lbs the other day (210 bodyweight) and a set of 8 with 45