Is 135 a good goal for a beginner?

Is 135 a good goal for a beginner?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 86K)

Any weight that's reasonably higher than your current is a good goal.

I currently lift 115. I started out at 75 about a month ago

135 kg?

for ohp, sure

>implying i don't ohp 300Mg

Attached: lol.jpg (480x318, 16K)

no gym has that amount of weight in plates

not with that attitude

altitude*
then you're correct

i'll bench your kneecaps after i rip them out of your legs

Sure, but don't stop there:
Novice 0.5/1/2/3
Intermediate 1/2/3/4
God 2/3/4/5

1/2/3/4 means 60kg/100kg/140kg/160kg and so on

Beginner here. Aren't the lifters hands in OP incorrectly placed? It looks like the weight is being held in his wrists and not supported by vertical arm bones. I rotate my knuckles up to the ceiling so the bar rests on the meat of my palm to avoid this....just making sure I'm on the right track

kek at this thread chain

yep, grip is pretty fucking terrible and you're correct

Progress is a good goal.

No, you can do that. What you do is called a suicide grip, and it's called that for a reason. Look up any bench press fail video of people dropping the bar on their chest, and you'll see why what you do is dangerous.

In all fairness, the advantages to using a suicide grip is that it's easier on your wrists, but once you start lifting heavy to the point where the weight on the bar could crush your chest if it falls on you, you should switch to a regular grip.

I use suicide myself, but i'm not benching super heavy. I find it easier to lift, but understand the risk involved and once you get up to about 2 pl8 consider switching. People have died from that grip.

Attached: ackchyually.png (700x700, 21K)

0.5kg ohp is soooo much easier than 3 plate deadlift they're not even comparable

>0.5kg ohp
you lift more by raising your arm

You are right. Novice lifts are more like 40kg/60kg/80kg/100kg

It certainly is. One is lifting 1 lbs, the other is 315 lbs

My thumb is over the bar at all times, so is that still considered a suicide grip?

Sweet. Im a novice plus a little

135 kg? Absolutely

I think he’s talking more about his wrists than anything. He’s relying less on his whole hands and more on his fingers to keep the bar in position. Your fingers are naturally weaker, so you’re more likely to drop it on your neck.

No, i misread what you said. Thumb behind the bar using the same kind of grip you use on OHP is suicide.

This is a bad post. Suicide grip is about having your thumb not around the bar

I thought that's what was talking about.

Your numbers are shit if you think 1/2/3/4 is intermediate, that should be the goal for a beginner

of course, any progress is good
if you can lift heavier weight with good form you have gotten stronger
you have bigger muscles, better nervous system, more balance and harder bones

For the first couple weeks yeah. Assuming you mean 135 for reps.