Artificial sweeteners are harmful to gut bacteria

>artificial sweeteners are harmful to gut bacteria

Okay. So say you eat one thing a day that requires sweetness to be palatable. Like oatmeal. Are you better off just using a tablespoon or too of sugar rather than sucralose or stevia?

Ketofags please don't respond

Attached: shutterstock-615908132.jpg (729x425, 55K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6024874/
culinarylore.com/food-science:does-splenda-sweetener-kill-healthy-intestinal-bacteria/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Have it with jam or something

Sugar fucks up your gut bacteria too

HONEY

>Okay. So say you eat one thing a day that requires sweetness to be palatable. Like oatmeal. Are you better off just using a tablespoon or too of sugar rather than sucralose or stevia?
You're better off using a banana you fucking sugar addict, oats have no taste

Dude, stop eating sugar and sweeteners. What are you, a third grader?
added sugar
pure sugar
based

Just add some whole fruit, like frozen berries. How can you even visit Jow Forums and still eat sweetener of any kind?

oatmeal doesn't need to have sweetener added. cook in milk for some sweetness, then mix in peanut butter and salt until tasty, between 1/8 and 1/4th teaspoon for salt

>not lacto-fermenting(kefir or yoghurt) your oats for around 24h-48h, throwing them into the microwave with some salt and eating as it is

I think my taste buds are either working pretty well or straight up fucked up

Locally produced raw honey.

Locally-produced raw honey is pure 99.05% sugar-water.

Attached: Nope.gif (408x192, 5K)

Honey is a prebiotic. Fruit will work too.

>bu-but sugar water
Ah yes, so eat stavia instead.
>bu-but it's not real honey
Then get some that is? Raw is just a classification, but not a strict one. You need a source you can trust for unfiltered honey.

Sugar is bad for you gut too retard

>HONEY IS PURE SUGAR
>EAT FRUIT INSTEAD
You're retarded, stop giving advice.

>microwaving a probiotic

Sugar tastes good

Prove it

>artificial sweeteners are harmful to gut bacteria
really depends on the sweetener. Sucralose seems to be harmful but there's studies which conclude that stevia has no impact on the gut flora at all, and although I'm too lazy to check I'm sure there's quite a few others which don't produce any harmful interaction as well

>Are you better off just using a tablespoon or too of sugar rather than sucralose or stevia?
Realistically a tablespoon or two of sugar will have absolutely zero negative effects on your body so if you're worried go for that

shit meant to reply to OP

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6024874/

>>microwaving a probiotic

it's still alive, keeps bubbling

>Using sweeteners with oatmeal
Ask me how I know you're a bitch

Have your oats with blueberries mane. Way more delicious than just some sugar and healthy too

I like eating things that taste good
This could work along with bananas I suppose

>Needing sweetness in oatmeal

Prolefag detect. You've been raised and conditioned to need sugar in all the bullshit you eat.

Break free

trips for truth

>read "durr sucralose destroys beneficial gut bacteria in here
>do five seconds of research
>[...] SUGGESTS there MIGHT be a LINK in ANIMAL studies
I swear I need to get off this board before this fear mongering garbage makes me retarded

>Using neurotoxins instead of sugar.
Just use brown sugar FFS. and just cut off sugar in general.

>mom I'm using Twitter as a scientific source again

>facts don't matter if I close my eyes!

>my schizophrenic ramblings are facts as long as I call them facts
I know what you're referring to specifically and either you're unironically retarded or deliberately misinterpreted it to shill your agendas

>Okay. So say you eat one thing a day that requires sweetness to be palatable. Like oatmeal
Oatmeal tastes great with just some milk and a pinch of salt. You can add unpasteurized honey if you have the taste buds of a child.

Decades of study and mountains of evidence suggesting artificial sweeteners have a negligible impact on health>Literally zero evidence that it is bad for human beings in normal levels of consumption

Seriously, try to find one non mommy blog source that proves artificial sweeteners are harmful

They are retards who went nuts because of a rat study culinarylore.com/food-science:does-splenda-sweetener-kill-healthy-intestinal-bacteria/

>Like oatmeal
Learn to make good oatmeal and you won't need sugar

But if I have to then normal sugar, ver little and only once in a while, much rather reduce my need for sweetness than to depend on substitutes. Not even because of my gut bacteria, I want to develop discipline, substitutes are only a way to escape the need for self-control

>540 packets a day to match rat intake

Lmao same thing with aspartame, idk why people are such boomers when it comes to artificial sweeteners, there is no evidence that exists despite years of research that it is bad.

I make overnight oats with yogurt and chia seeds. For sweetness, I usually put one of these:
>mashed banana
>mashed berries
>lil bit of honey
>spoonful of good quality jam, preferably local
>a spoonful of dulce de Leche if I'm feeling particularly deviant
Having a little sugar every now and then won't kill you, live a little

Attached: ss+(2014-11-04+at+05.46.00).jpg (796x735, 101K)

>honey is bad for you
Post body good god

Attached: 1567911382868.gif (239x181, 2.23M)

Checked
If no body posted from that IP, ban is deserved

Dude boil milk, cook the oats in it and add butter.
Theres no need for sugar the oatmeal is good on its own

Anything that contains fructose is bad for you and yes, that includes all fruits.

If fruit was bad for you we wouldn't have evolved to enjoy its taste so much.

Imagine being this retarded. You mean the same way people enjoy the taste of cigarettes? Only people who got addicted to sugar enjoy the taste in the first place.

>So say you eat one thing a day that requires sweetness to be palatable. Like oatmeal
Try your oats with spring onions, a but of crumbled bacon, and a soft cheese like Fontina.

>Inb4 you call someone who eats oats and grits a ketotard u tastelet.

Does nature produce cigarettes? What about refined sugars? Honey, by the way, is very good for you.

I don’t eat oats because that shit is for horses
People in the past didn’t even eat it, they just needed cheap animal feed because they were too poor to eat real food.

>he doesn't want to be strong like a horse

>does nature produce cigarettes?
Yes it does you fucking idiot. The agent thats addicting is nicotine which is naturally produced by plants.

imagine being this obtuse

Better off just using normal sugar. I don't eat oat meal because its "flavour" has to be masked, which means added sugars. Also hate the gas and bloating of oat meal too.

Honey is converted almost straight to glucose. Its literally just pure sugar. Anecdotally this is pretty easy to test as the blood sugar crash is obvious after a period of ingestion.

In terms of fructose there's a lot of mechanistic literature about how it fucks with the liver when metabolizing sugars. Basically fructose can only be dealt with by the liver so it impinges the ability of the body to deal with other sources of sugar in the body. It can drive diabetes, fatty liver disease from an entirely separate angle.

You k ow someone is an idiot when he or she starts trying to justify shit by saying ”b-but during the stone age humans.."
Nigger, stone age humans lived 30 years at best. They weren't healthy and above all were not the same anymore. Humans have always been fucking flawed so don't act as if stone age humans were some kind of well oiled machine who were in an optimal environment because they weren't.

This is the kind of retard that speaks with all confidence his retarded shit, jesus christ this isn't even funny as a bait or something, fuck off.

there's no point fermenting food if you're going to microwave it and obliterate all the probiotic activity

Unironically this: put oatmeal in a saucepan and cook it like you would normally, but just replace all the water with milk. Just be careful not to scald the milk, but if you do it this way, you end with this incredibly creamy slightly sticky oatmeal that's naturally sweet because you reduced the milk (kind of like condensed milk but no added sugar).

>sweet oats

Fuck that

>hot oatmeal fresh out of the pot
>salt
>hot sauce
>2 runny scrambled eggs mixed in

Depends on where the sugar is digested.