What part of Germany is most fun?

What part of Germany is most fun?
What is your favorite part?

Attached: germanstates.jpg (800x798, 143K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruhr
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Last name is Wutzenberg, is it from Germany or Austria?

could be either, they speak the same language

I see, your parents from Germany or are you still in germany?

no, I'm not German at all but I've been doing research. The answer to your question is most likely Germany though, since it is much larger than Austria

in terms of population at least

Is this like a research project you're doing on your down time?. And yeah it may explain why my parent lived in the crappy East Germany.

No, I just want to familiarize myself with the country for my upcoming trip, and out of curiosity.
What country do you live in now?

Hamburg and Berlin are a good start to have "fun". Munich is interesting but also quite expensive.

what about the college cities?

Probably Auschwitz

Haven't gotten around much but I can tell ya that NRW or more specifically the Ruhrgebiet is a big fucking pile of shit
That's in Poland you silly goose.

what does Ruhrgebeit refer to? are you from Germany?

Oh, my bad. Didn't think to explain it. I think this article does the job better than I could
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruhr
And yes I am german and was born and am still living in this area

have you lived in NRW your whole life? are there any parts of Germany that you do like?

Redpill me on North Rhine-Westphalia. What goes on there?

Meersburg is an interest place
you will enjoy it if you visit

Attached: Meersburg.jpg (1632x1232, 683K)

I love the architecture

Imagine being the sweden of germany and what muricans would think of as the rustbelt area to boot. Does that paint a picture?

wouldn't central Germany be more like the rust belt?

My family moved a bunch when I was younger but we never moved out of the bigger cities. Hamburg and Berlin are interesting cities for a day trip but I wouldn't want to live there. Honestly I'm planning on moving to the US. Don't really wanna stay here
Lots of diversity and crime. Arabic crime families control large parts of the criminal underground. It's a depressing run down post-industrial shithole and I hate everything about it

Poland is good, but I also like Switzerland.

where do you want to move to in the US? and why?

It looks very simplistic. The architecture in Italy is much more impressive.

No, Ruhrgebiet is pretty synonymous with old "has-been" coal and steel industries.
Central is perhaps more where still industry remains, more modern one too.

but it looks cozy

oh okay, I looked it up and now I have an idea of it. How does the vibe of Germany vary from state to state?

Huh, that is difficult to find comparison for. I only have been to TN myself, and the rest of my knowledge about the US is media filtered.

I think you even within some towns in the same state you could still get quite different vibes , especially as a visitor.
Between the states it can get pretty extremely different in vibes, yet far less so then the US in terms of laws and customs. Did that make any sense?

I'm honestly not quite sure yet where I want to move to. Don't think I will make that decision until I checked some places out for myself. Sure as shit isn't gonna be California or New York though. I'm bothered about a lot of things over. The many regulations for every little thing is one of them. For example, if I were to buy some land I couldn't just build on it. Couldn't even park a trailer there to live on it. You need a permit to build pretty much anything. There's also the enormously high taxes and generally low wages. It just seems a lot harder to make as much money as you could make in the US. We also have stupidly strict gun/weapon laws alongside bullshit self defence laws. And last but not least we're just digging our own graves with all the refugees and other immigrants. The welfare state will most likely collapse in the not so distant future.

I don't mean in comparison to the US, just like how they very between each other culturally and in general

Chiming in to say that I feel pretty much the same, just considering EE or Asia a more likely goal then the US.
Carry on fellow NRW-sufferer.

what about Austria?
and if you happen to move to the US, you should try to bang a qt Latina (since there are hardly any Latinas in Germany)

Good luck with your escape from this dying wasteland. I hope whatever place you move to treats you well

Attached: 1547712452885.jpg (429x1168, 99K)

the 30s and early 40s part

Cultural it isn't that much difference, and most of that little is driven by the ancient catholic/evangelic split which has so much mold grown over it that you would probably not notice it as a visitor.
Got to remember THAT split is probably older than the whole US history.

In general they still can feel alot different, but that is more linked to the town purpose itself.
A town grown from richfag holiday spot at the lake can feel pretty different from a town grown from being a rivertrade crossroad

I love Austria actually, but they are perhaps a little TOO close.
Suppose in hungary, romania or thailand you are just the german foreign guy and pretty rare.

In austria you'll probably just be another "Piefke unter den Schluchten-Scheissern" and get worse results.

RLP is cool. Lower Saxony is also nice at the coast. So are the Alps, so south Bavaria/BW. Stay away from NRW.

what about Czech Republic?

And what are Liechtenstein and Luxembourg like?

any cities or towns in RLP that you like in particular?

Little personal experience with any those. Options, but "lol dunno"-tier
Except that Liechtenstein has the rep of you being required by law to shit money to even draw breath there. And that better not be coins but bigger banknotes.

liechtenstein is so tiny too, it looks like the whole country has about 5 bars

Literally the sort of thing all of germany has grown from once though. A living fossil that managed to stay around.

It was all tiny personal fiefdoms and trade towns etc. that later pulled (or got pushed) together.

where in Germany proper can you experience that vibe? When I go to Germany, I want to make a day trip to a smaller town at least once.

Lived my whole life in Rhineland Palatinate (wich sounds retarded in english). Currently taking a shit in the city of Koblenz.

do you like Koblenz?

Welp >Jow Forums the travel bureau

On a lark I would say: look for visiting historical castle sites online, (your call if you really want to hike all the way up on each, one crumbling stonewall will look like the other soon anyway) and just have a beer in the towncenter there?

You should easily find resource for such online, even our autobahn often has those brown signs for "historical routes" and such

I wouldn't necessarily want to climb up castles (unless it was a very sturdy, tourist friendly one like Bunratty in Ireland), but just hanging out in cozy, historic looking towns for a bit.

>all those weak ass replies

Hear me out OP. I am german and I have to travel a lot around Germany because of my job. Originally I am from Baden-Wurttemberg.

>Bavaria:
The most stereotype part of Germany. Here you will find old fat germans in lederhosen and the best beer while being able to listen to yodeling.
The landscape here is probably the best but the infrastructure is only good in major cities like Munich or Nurnberg.
If you want the most german experience I would recommend going to munich. The city is beautiful and the people are nice. Also you have beautiful nature if you drive a few kilometers out of munich. Would recommend going south.

>Baden-Wurttemberg:
The highlight here is obviously the black forest. I am loving nice nature and the forest is truly magnificent. You have this ancient vibe surrounding you at some parts. You can basically go where ever you want in the black forest. Everywhere is beautiful. Also you have some cool cultural highlights like the excellent woodworking or some traditional german professions like those guys that transport logs down the rivers in traditional clothing.
Don't bother with Stuttgart and the whole south of BW in general (except for the black forest). The only remotely interesting thing there is that the danube is starting there.
Now the north is another story. Heidelberg and Karlsruhe are two of the most beautiful cities in Germany. Also Heidelberg is the best city for healthcare in all of Germany. We have sheiks coming here on a regular basis to get treated.
Karlsruhe had always this mystic vibe. Just look at the cities layout. You can find many conspiracy theories about this place.

cont.

Attached: floesserzunft_oberes-nagoldtal_bild-von-christian-schlager_img_1666.jpg (600x450, 98K)

yeah take a car, drive to one town, relax an hour drive to next town rinse repeat seems the way then.
Or you could try stuff like the "mosel route" around Koblenz. Pretty nice area and good wine, if that floats your boat and good for taking a gf along if that is in the cards.
Do not try it in spring though, melting snow often ends causing flooding there.

>Hesse:
The only noticable city here is Frankfurt. It is nice to visit if you have nothing better to do but I would not come here just because of it.
The rest is rather unimpressive.

>Rheinland-Palatinate and Saarland:
Honestly I have not much experience in those parts but I heard especially in Saarland there is some french influence.
Other than that I heard that Trier and Koblenz are worth a visit but not really that impressive.

>Thuringia:
Ah yes, I lived here while studying for a few years. Honestly just don't bother with this part of Germany. There are no notable cities to visit and I did make some crass experiences here. Stuff like open racism on the streets and violent people. Also many people have still a communism mindset.
But well, they speak a rather funny german dialect. Thats the only good part.

Attached: hauptmarkt_045.jpg (500x375, 77K)

So you don't like Erfurt?

how are German girls butts?

Huh good questions. I wouldn't be really able to answer it because it depends what you are looking for and I'm more of a nature person anyway.
But to not bail out, pretty much every town at the Rhine river between Bingen and Koblenz. Also Trier If you are interested in history as it's one of the oldest roman cities.

I hate most cities. I work there so I have to go. But 100K people isn't that much so it's okay.

>tfw no rural German gf with big ass and titties

niggas go to Hannover

>tfw german but still never had one