How food companies make us fat

Basically, chloride and phosphate deplete sodium from the body. Table salt cannot restore the sodium levels permanenly, as the chloride excretion depletes as much sodium as the salt provides. This causes cravings and people keep eating, the salty food provides temporal relief and the body associates sodium cravings with actual hunger. I think the food industry know it, that's why they switched to phosphoric acid, they make people overeat on purpose.

Mix some baking soda with citric acid in a cup of water and drink it, you stop being hungry all the time.

And East Asians "salt" with sodium glutamate, which is why they are not fat. And perhaps even the reason why MSG is perceived as making people sick, because when you eat a lot of it and you are overweight, it makes you feel bloated and fat.

Attached: 1558004680448[2].png (300x264, 48K)

>it's a corporations fault I literally cannot stop stuffing my mug with burgers
cope

Kill yourself libertarian retard.

I hadn't heard about that one.
What I heard was companies making us fat from sugars and carbs jammed into everything making us overproduce insulin. Insulin is literally given to underweight people to get them to build fat.
In addition, decades ago, doctors decided that fats across the board were bad for us, so companies made everything fat-free. They replaced that fat with sugar to keep the taste up. It just worked out in their favour that sugar is incredibly addictive. That fact aside, after removing fat to make things "healthier", obesity started to soar.

It is the polyunsaturated fats. The vegetable seed oils. We know this for a fact since the omega 6 fatty acid levels increased in body fat.

Humans can not produce omega 6 so it is absolutely from food

Corn syrup is the most dangerous chemical you can eat

Wrong. It's actually unsaturated vegetable oils
see: lipid peroxidation

No reason to eat corn syrup. I am not defending it. Pufa is worse

>How food companies make us fat.
Who do you think owns these companies, OP? I'll give you three (((guesses)))

Unrelated, reminder that it's illegal for US companies to boycott goods from Israel, also reminder that rabbis work closely with the food industry due to issues of kosher food. It's basically legally required for food companies to pay to have a rabbi advise them on how to salt their food (huh, interesting coincidence)

Are food companies and """genetics""" the fat people's jews&blacks?
Your being fat has nothing to do with food companies. You chose what to eat.
Take some personal responsibility dude.

But it's not like anyone's going to listen. They need to cope with the fact that they're disgusting fat shits somehow.

Usually all the same investment management groups, like Vanguard or Black Rock. It should seem like Coca-Cola and Pepsi should compete with each other, but they probably really don't, since they are all mostly owned by the same groups of people.

ur a moron. I wouldn't be surprised if this is true

>>Kill yourself libertarian retard.
he's right though, you're just looking for any excuse to blame someone else for problems that are the result of your lack of willpower. Burger King Corporate Security doesn't show up to your house at night and put a gun to your head and tell you an informer let them know you haven't been eating the mandated number of whoppers. Nobody's making you eat shit food, if you choose to eat it, the consequences of it are on you.

This. OP is a moron with no self control. There are literally twenty trillion theories out there for how someone is forcing people to get fat or stupid. Meanwhile, millions of people still go to the gym and succeed in life

>humans can't produce omeger6

stop eating carbs that's it

Mead acid.

Yep correct. As pointed out by

We produce omega 9

This is only one of the components. You're forgetting sugar additives.

>its not my fault I'm fat, it's the evil food companies fault that I have no self control

Fatties will keep putting the blame on others instead of putting the fork down every once in a while. Programming as usual.

We choose what to eat based on what is available and feasible to purchase.
When a head of lettuce alone is 3-4 bucks while a full combo meal is the same price, what is the average lower-income person going to go with?

Yes the government gives horrible advice
Yes the food companies use fattening ingredients to save money

But ultimately it is your fault. even if it's designed to fail, break through the programming

Start with acknowledging that sugar doesnt make you fat

Nigger, you don't eat an entire head of lettuce for a meal.
You're just retarded, you can eat fucking rice and beans for pennies. Or are basic food staples also genetically engineered to make you eat them until you're a fat sack of shit?

Attached: file.png (315x130, 5K)

Where in the fuck do you live that a head of lettuce is $3-4? It is piss easy and inexpensive to make healthy yet tasty homemade meals, issue is many are too stupid or lazy to do it.

this is interesting
thanks for sharing and sorry about the low quality replies you've been enduring

If you want to go into the specifics of selective production of grains and legumes becoming oversaturated with carbohydrates which have been proven to lead to insulin resistance issues and non-alcoholic fatty liver disease, we can go down that road.

Take a walk fattie.

>Food is a conspiracy to make me fat!
have you tried eating less of it?

I know it's hip and cool to make fun of people online but it's also pretty hip and cool to be aware of what corporations are doing to take advantage of average people every day.
Legitimately look into coca cola's "unlimited grants" given to professors and doctors who just happen to run "funded research studies" on things like the whole twinkie diet thing. Also maybe look into how they lobby against sugar tax.
Look at how Crisco funded many early studies on "lard is bad, saturated fats cause heart disease, vegetable oil is good and healthy", while if you look at statistics, as lard use went down and vegetable oil use went up, the rates of CVD and chronic bloodpressure went up as well.
There are various more examples and evidence on the matter but you can just meme it up and stroke your willies to how cool you think you are. Not everyone cares about actual issues plaguing the modern world.

>be me
>31
>Jow Forums fag who was on there 24/7
>trying to buy new car so i made the ultimate sacrifice to take a break from gym and stop browsing Jow Forums because makes me depressed to not do anything relative to board
>girl at coffee shop next door starts flirting with me
>talk for weeks
>she gon be mine
>says she has boyfriend (is in jail)
>fuck that dude hes in jail im not hes only gon go back anyway
>realize i dont know who he is exactly
>could be a pretty tough dude for all i know
>welp back on my toes again doing light calestenics to maintain what little i have left from last years fiasco of lifting 3+ plates and being absolutely fucking shredded
>FUCK
>metabolism triggers and im eating on schedual and making meal plans again
>FUCK
>not even a week and i already slimmed down a bit
>FUCK
>im asking myself questions about certain techniques to maintain strength that i would be asking on Jow Forums
>FUCK
>Im spending money on specific foods again
>mfw im too scared to go on Jow Forums because i know ill just say fuck everything (the coffee girl, the car) and lift like a fucking retard again and blow my money on memberships, food, and stacking supplements.

Women will be the death of me

We know they do that, fucking retard.
All of the major food companies have legit scientists making the food taste better.
So you'll eat it.

The point isn't that it's not happening, it's that YOU HAVE CONTROL OVER YOURSELF.
Or, maybe you don't.
Most likely not.

>Women will be the death of me

Especially when pic related happens.

Attached: ziomzdxejp721.jpg (720x869, 54K)

>what corporations are doing to take advantage of average people every day.
oh yeah you're so fucking oppressed and exploited by the fact that there are twinkies for sale at the store.

calories in vs calories out

I haven't drank coca cola this year

so, you are wrong

fat ppl are always drinking and eating, just llok at them on the street

retard

I disagree. I mean if you can't eat healthy bacon and butter is better than cake amd and ice cream, but like the best foods are technically carbs. Just rich in fiber and nutrients.

Vegetables, nuts, fruits

Vegans should be allies with low carbers but both are dick measuring

This user is right. I remember reading a couple world spanning studies that showed an inequivalent long spanning study of vegetable seed oil and cancer and another one with obesity.

Seed oil is fucking evil sludge.

The problem is that you're excluding peer pressure, marketing, and advertising as influential factors in the average person's life. If none of these things were effective, they wouldn't exist.
Convenience and satisfaction are also major aspects in this issue.
Until healthy food is at least as affordable, convenient, and pleasant as unhealthy food, we're going to have an obesity epidemic. The human body wasn't made with an overabundance of food in our environment. Self control to resist food isn't something magically imbued into us, it all has to come consciously from willpower.
Resisting something our body naturally desires leads to increases in cortisol levels, which in turn influences ghrelin response in most people - usually increasing ghrelin but occasionally decreasing. Point being, it effects our appetites.
There are so many factors going into play with human minds and food consumption that just "lol don't eat" really doesn't cover shit.
Only reason I think I was able to really get out of obesity personally is that I became a social outcast with no easy access to food. For the average person who goes out regularly, is exposed to various foods almost constantly in addition to advertisements and influences from their social lives, it's incredibly difficult and stressful to avoid food over consumption, especially that of unhealthy products.

It's all genetics

Chad was raised by a single mother and fed nothing but sugar and fast food from age 5 onwards

Yet because of his natural test levels above 1200ng/mol and his mysotatin deficiency which he inherited from his father, by age 13 he weights more than half his class put together at 7% bf, and his shoulders are so wide he has problems going through most doorways.

He goes to a party, drinks an entire barrel of beer to celebrate and never works out while maintaining high nuscle definition, while you have to swear off all carbs and tasty foods and religiously count calories hoping that MAYBE in 10 years you will look half as good as he did when he was a teen

he never brushes and has no idea what a cavity is, because he developed a specific type of mouth flora that repairs teeth instead of destroying them when they come into contact with sugar, again, inherited from his father. While you have to visit the dentist every other month and STILL experience tooth decay and will most likely suffer from overcrowding due to your smaller jaw size.

GENETICS is everything. Food doesn't matter.

Veganism is not really healthy. Vegetarianism is fine, but when you exclude eggs and dairy entirely it's very hard to make up the biotin and calcium with a purely plant based diet.
When low carbers say "don't eat carbs", they generally mean "don't eat starches, grains, cereals, etc."
There's some carnivore folks out there but I see that especially being a fad that will die out soon.
A majority of low carbers know that nuts and green vegetables are key components to health.
I just wish fucking nuts weren't so fucking expensive 10 dollars for a tiny fucking bag of macadamias fuck off

See.
You really have no self-control.
You're going to write an entire book coping with the fact if you're not careful.
It's exactly what I said.
Stop making excuses you fucking asshole.

>The human body wasn't made with an overabundance of food in our environment. Self control to resist food isn't something magically imbued into us
So why are there any skinny or fit people at all then? Why is the obesity rate not 100%?

>For the average person who goes out regularly, is exposed to various foods almost constantly in addition to advertisements and influences from their social lives, it's incredibly difficult and stressful to avoid food over consumption, especially that of unhealthy products.
And yet you see people literally every day who have enough self-control to do that.

This isn't just learned helplessness, it's willful helplessness.

This. Grow some self-restraint you fat bastards, or at least accept it and become a king of gluttony like Marlon Brando did.

Yep, they could actually just substitute these oils with something less horrible and people could eat mcdonalds every day and not become obese.

It's more than just calories in calories out.

The government is diabolically complicit. You have to autistically research diet/nutrition for years to even begin to understand the subject. there's so much bad info, most "experts" push nonsense unwittingly

>How food companies make us fat.
One word - sugar.

Imagine acting tough over not drinking a single soda brand for a year. Waow. Report back when you only drink tea, black coffee and water, poser

>implying calling online strangers fatties for saying anything beyond "CICO keto" isn't a tough guy act in itself

>So why are there any skinny or fit people at all then? Why is the obesity rate not 100%?
Because of the standard of beauty being thin for women, muscular for men.
For people that value these sort of things, the influence of beauty overpowers the influence of indulgence.
We're quickly seeing the numbers of obesity rise, and I wouldn't be surprised if we hit 60% in the next few decades. Maybe even higher considering the whole fat acceptance bullshit.

>This isn't just learned helplessness, it's willful helplessness.
It's definitely a mix of both. There's so many people that just don't care how they end up because food taste good. It's very damaging.

People are fucking retarded, in conclusion.

>>It's more than just calories in calories out.
Calories are a quantitative measure of the chemical energy available in food. You can measure that quite precisely. Conversely you can also measure how much energy you body expends doing various tasks. If you take in less total energy than you're expending, the balance has to come from somewhere. Given that you aren't colored green from chlorophyll like plants are, the only place that energy can possibly come from is what your body has stored in it. Most of which is stored as fat.

But I'm sure you have some study by a wingnut to wave at me about how thermodynamics is a government conspiracy and the law of conservation of energy is used by big corporations to exploit the people.

Hey I'm not the one doing that. That's pretty pathetic and oblivious to hormonal influence and the way different macros are digested. Protein's less efficient than carb after all

How fat are you Jow Forums?
220 pounds here

Attached: image.gif (633x758, 16K)

Yes, less calories means you will take energy from your body's stores, but you're ignoring the hormonal impact this has, as well as metabolic adaptation and several other factors.
No one is denying thermodynamics or conservation of energy. But good job being a cocksucker and spewing the same flawed arguments over and over.

>How fat are you Jow Forums?
150lb...

140 here
How do I deal with it bros?
I just can't stop eating.

>the file is saved as .gif
>it's just one image
Why do you niggers do this shit?

Cold food will cool your body, requiring reheating your body. Protein is less efficient than carbs and nets less. A good combo of fats, minerals and protein will increase test, increasing your metabolism. Look, its a good baseline, but cico is blind to many facts and biological processes. It can make upward to 1000 kcal difference if not more. There is no excuse for gluttony, but there is no excuse for ignorance either.

Literally skeletons by American standards

255 lbs as in yesterday.

Attached: 1504632262002.jpg (884x738, 153K)

>don't eat out
>don't eat processes food
>stay thin

WOW OP so hard

Attached: 36437347.gif (500x254, 972K)

>135lbs
>5'11
>tranny
end me

Attached: 4d7.png (680x680, 888K)

But fast food is delicious, I can't go without it

End yourself faggot, do it on live stream for our entertainment

t. Fatass who doesnt warnt to admit his fault

>But fast food is delicious, I can't go without it
Good consumer!

Same dude. Same height, weight, and mental illness.
Wanna do the suicide together?

Attached: 1557529510538.jpg (600x422, 46K)

the part where fatties walk around the street eating is more important tho

cope harder fatto

Basal metabolic rate changes
Certain forms of exercise can only burn carbs, not fat
Thermic effect of food

Etc

Humans arent a closed system. Eat quality food and you don't need to autistically count calories and artificially stop yourself from eating

>reminder that it's illegal for US companies to boycott goods from Israel
Gonna need a source for that ridiculous claim you made
>everything bad is the Jews' fault
You stupid motherfucker

saturated and hydrogenated fats are by far worse for you than unsaturated fats.
Being fat has infinitely more to do with your level of activity than your diet. You can fast and maintain a healthy weight through inactivity. You can eat 10kcal a day and work it off and lose weight.

I'm fat because i don't get nearly as much exercise as I used to.

The movie "fat head" features a guy who loses fat eating only fast food

It always cracks me up when people say ITS ONLY "CICO!" THE HUMAN BODY CAN'T GO AGAINST THERMAL DYNAMICS! Yet are completely understanding when someone has a metabolic disease that literally makes their body go against thermal dynamics.

The human body is incredibly complicated. It's entirely possible for someone to eat something and it not be processed properly as fuel so it just sticks around your fucking body.

Not all fuel is made the same, read a fucking book.

stop projecting dumbfuck libertarian

308 pound
please kill me user

Attached: 1545965938246.jpg (1280x715, 86K)

>Being fat has infinitely more to do with your level of activity than your diet.
How can you be so wrong in one post? Activity helps, but diet is the #1 indicator of obesity. Saturated fats are bad for you in excess, but that's more because of cardiovascular reasons than obesity. Obesity is, and always has been a result of calories in - calories out

They are actually just low effort thin people and think they are literally morally superior to all fat people. They see a fat person and think
> the only reason i look better is because of discipline and hard work

Fat is harder to lose every year you have it

And fat people have lower metabolisms so less calories out at rest

So what are some good alternative cooking oils to use then?

honestly that would actually be kinda nice, but i live in Canadia

>[noun] is incredibly [adjective]
>incredibly
Get back to plebbit
Has anyone else noticed all redditfaggots have this favorite adverb?

Coconut oil is the best

>$270 every 6 months for 20kg of clean whey
>$150 every 6 months for quality meal replacement shake with all macros and micros
>$50(Ish?) every 6 months for creatine and fish oil

The fuck are you spending money on? Worthless supplements ad pre workout crap that makes you jittery and your skin burn?

You probably use weight lifting gloves as well, don't you you fag. Just work out and keep it simple and stop being a cash cow for useless shit companies that are 50%+ filler.

>t.5x5 3plate everything 3x a week, hour run 3x a week.

>thought like this when I was younger
>stop eating it for a year as a savings experiment
>try to eat McDs as a celebration for doing it
>tastes awful and get sick from it
>relies that if I keep eating it I likley love it again even though my body is rejecting it

how is this shit legal?

Attached: 1526350227890.jpg (670x671, 79K)

>i don't actually know anything about biochemistry but I want to sound smart

>makes their body go against thermal dynamics.

Attached: dumb_fatass.jpg (220x229, 8K)

I cant eat mcdonalds either. Try wendy's it is so much better

Research mitochondrial uncoupling and come back when you learned what it is and tell us about it

>Mix some baking soda with citric acid in a cup of water and drink it
Why does this remind me of mustard gas trolling

Saturated fats aren't even that bad for CVD based on more recent and varied research.
Turns out most research indicating that goes back to a study on the effects of injecting 10x a human's average consumed cholesterol into rabbits. Because rabbits clearly get a significant amount of cholesterol in their natural diets so it's a very valid comparison to base 50 years of nutritional research on.

That doesn't violate the laws of thermodynamics. Read what you fucking wrote, simpleton.

Great counter arguement.

Believe me summer fag, I've been on here longer than you.

Never said it did buddy
Cico is just too oversimplified. Only a moron has to autistically count calories to diet. If you choose the right foods you can eat to satiety every meal and be fine

One person can consume 500 calories extra and it will be expended as heat. Another person will store it as pure fat

That's why CICO is 100% fact but 99% of the time people misinterpret and oversimplify, ignoring incredibly important variables

You don't want fat people to lose weight because then you have nobody to feel superior to

Correct, it's almost like each body has different metabolic rates because although they are similar they ultimately have different DNA which creates slight variations in metabolic processes.

>makes their body go against thermal dynamics
You can't create energy out of thin air. Now it is entirely possible for one person to extract more calories from the same food than for a different person, and that for both of these people the resting calorie expenditure will vary. It won't vary by giant amounts though. It might be difficult for people with certain disorders to lose weight with standard diets (i.e. 500-600 kcals below daily expenditure), but if they try say, something more extreme like water fasting (with some supplements), they will most definitely lose weight or die because something prevents them from extracitng energy from fat/muscles, but they wont gain any.
>mitochondrial uncoupling
No matter how mitochondrial and uncoupled you are, there is no way to beat thermodynamics.

>99% of the time
I'm willing to bet that 99 % of people don't have any fatloss preventing disorders. Metabolic rates would of course vary, but not significantly. The largest cause of obesity is being a lazy cunt.

The point is CICO is pretty meaningless and focusing on it is nonsense. If the goal is fat loss, pluging your height/weight into an online calculator and then subtracting exercise, then autistically counting calories to artificially stop yourself from eating more, just to fit some number it spits out is fucking retarded and horrible advice

End of story

Now why obsess over "muh thermodynamics" when everyone acknowledges it and it's not going to lead us to any new or interesting conclusions?

>Never said it did buddy
> literally makes their body go against thermal dynamics
Thought you were the same person, guess not.

>One person can consume 500 calories extra and it will be expended as heat. Another person will store it as pure fat
So what you're saying is... CICO. Thanks.
>You don't want fat people to lose weight because then you have nobody to feel superior to
I knew you were a fatass, lol. Cry more into your food you fat sack of shit.

>autistically counting calories
>fucking retarded and horrible
>End of story
I fail to see any arguments here.
>new or interesting conclusions
Barring any 0.001 % special cases, calorie deficit diet is the most effective fat loss method to date. I don't know what other conclusions you are looking for.

>I'm willing to bet that 99 % of people don't have any fatloss preventing disorders
Lets look at hypothyroidism. How is it diagnosed. By measuring hormones
it used to be measured with temperature and i think that was better.

But forget that. TSH hormone ranges are 0.4 to 4

Above 4 is bad

Are you seriously suggesting someone with 3.9 should be instead group with someone having 0.9 over someone with 4.1?

My point is it's arbitrary. They lower the standards. What is "low testosterone?"
Doctors choose some number to make the cutoff, it is arbitrary

Still projecting your insecurity huh? Cmere fgt, I'll show you my "fatso" muscles when I drive my sledge through your feminine skull. I'll let ya get a McBurg before I end ya

I see your point. I doubt that cutoffs are as arbitrary as you suggest they are, however that indeed might increase percentage of people with some kind of a hormone issue. No matter what disorded you have your body will still need energy to live, otherwise your brain will shutdown and cells will stop dividing. Hypothyroidism still won't shift your daily calorie need from 2000 to 200.