Redpill me on the Slavs

I’ve decided I wanted to learn Russian, but I’ve seem some things about Russians that make me reconsider (for example, they like to lie a lot, especially to foreigners).

So I just want to know what are they really like?

Attached: EFB04672-5146-41F0-B150-4DE762424DDF.jpg (600x450, 72K)

i like to lie to foreigners too especially if they are american

they are very good friends but they don't forgive easily if you fuck them over

what do they lie about? my russian friends are better than the average local dude

lol

Long version
Russians from the far east are the friendliest and nicest in my experience. Rural and sub-urban Russians are also very nice and friendly as well, usually in every big city other than Moscow. Moscovians are the biggest a-holes and will notice your lack of linguistic skills in Russian and immediately assume you are either A. English or B. American, both of which are often loathed by more Russians than you might think. The vast majority of Russians are relatively poor compared to the wealthy western nations but are still tough and hardy unrelenting people.

Just a forewarning Russian is an extremely difficult language to master for an American, and even when you do "master" it, you will have an American-Russian accent no matter what. You will quite literally find more use in learning an East Asian language like Chinese or Japanese than in learning Russian (as per sanctions, business deals are scant, as well as 70 years of mutual disdain and rivalry between the US and Russia), so if you are going to learn a difficult language, learn one that will at least be more useful to you like Chinese and Japanese.

They're all closet homosexuals so their society is extremely hyper-masculine as they all try to hide the gay that they have.

That's a national pastime here.

Just play STALKER
Every russian agrees that's as close as it gets

Attached: 1502989414945.jpg (430x430, 26K)

Agree.

What about Korean?

Korean is spoken by roughly 75 million people or so, compared to 127 million speakers of Japanese, and 1 billion speakers of Mandarin Chinese, and on top of this disadvantage of numbers 25 million of those Korean speakers are from North Korea which you will likely never get much contact with or use out of. So learning Korean will only be useful to you in South Korea which contains half the population of Japan by comparison, South Korea is still economically robust however. But in my opinion you'll find Japanese or Mandarin much more useful both in and out of a business and practical setting.

Looks fun

can someone please teach me, or at least guide me how to learn Russian.

Step 1 find a Russian willing to teach you in person. I spent 1 1/2 years learning Russian from a Russian expat from Vladivostok. I am fully literate in Russian, can read and write in print and cursive, and can speak it in general conversations. But still would not be able to teach you the little nuances in pronunciations that deviate from the written forms and all this is not even considering Russian grammar which is in my own experience, the 3rd hardest grammar of any language I know of. Harder than Arabic and Persian and all other Euro languages and even Hindi, but is beaten out by Chinese (2nd imo) and Japanese (1st imo).

and i thought russian alphabet is already hard enough

The alphabet is almost as easy as it is for English (33 characters), maybe easier in fact, if you exclude the soft and hard signs (myakiznak and tvyorniyznak). The part that makes Russian difficult, is almost exclusively grammar and a vast vocabulary and multiple ways of saying the same thing, more so than in English by a large margin. The cursive Russian alphabet is a little harder and more commonly used though, but to learn Russian formally you only need to learn to read it in cursive not write it.

it take me 2 year to learn English, and now i want to learn another language. I'm considering between Rus or Chinese. I live near China border, so it's important to learn Chinese, cuz here we have a lot of Chinese tourist.

pick an old english-russian dictionary and learn like every civilized person does.

Why?

yes, and want about the grammar, and how to write a sentence, how to pronounce, how to talk to people?

I have a Russian grammar and dictionary book from 1973 (Soviet times) and although most of the grammar is the same, some of the vocabulary has since fallen out of use in post-Soviet Russia and differs from the modern books. Russian used to be even more complicated in the 1700s until a large set of vowel based character were dropped from the alphabet.

Both are difficult languages compared to English, English is one of the easiest languages to learn because of the fact that it has lost its inflectional characteristics from Old English, thus making the grammar simpler over time for English (while Deutsch, the origin of Old English, is still a highly inflectional language and slightly more difficult than English because of it). Both Russian or Mandarin Chinese would be good languages for you to learn since you're from Vietnam, it's just simply a matter of choice.

beside English, how many language do you know?

German or Russian are usually the more "exotic" alternatives to learning a Romantic language in the US since literally almost all Colleges and High School in the US offer Spanish or French before they offer German or Russian, until you get to university level, then you can choose almost any language you want if you are a language major. I specifically chose Russian for this exact reason (tired of seeing only French or Spanish), and I already knew some German anyway so I chose to learn Russian for a few semesters.

In order of descending skill level;Russian, German, Spanish, Italian. My Russkii and Deutsche are the two strongest.

pretty impressive, how are you able to learn all of those language?

If you chose to go through college as a language major, you have to learn at least 1 other languages to study along with your preferred language. So you usually go through several languages before focusing your preferred language and get a lot of exposure to other languages from it. My Italian and Spanish are very limited, like to basic emergency situations and reading/writing. While my German and Russian is much more robust. I ended up changing my major to a STEM degree anyway now though, so over time my acquired linguistics skills will fade if I don't use them often.

Also languages are classified into similar groups, and by learning one member of a group it is exponentially easier to learn a similarity related language within the group, examples being, Friisian and Dutch, Dansk and Svenska, English and Deutsch, Spanish and Italian, Mandarin Chinese and Japanese.

Why would you lie to me?

Attached: 1508362816429.png (672x682, 662K)

I think you might be taking English for granted. It's an exceptionally difficult language to learn, with more exceptions than rules. Japanese, on the other hand is quite simplified, outside of the 50,000 regular-usage Chinese Kanji characters. There is no intonation at all in Japanese; all expressions are flat. The furigana comprise 48 characters each with a singular standalone consonant (ん in hirigana, ン in katakana).

Pyccкиe вpyт o MH-17

Attached: 15027050414010.png (878x900, 222K)

English is one of the easiest languages desu.
Strict word order, relatively easy prononciation, almost everything is regulated by rules. Why russian is shit for 89Iq slavs which slavs can't use without mistakes after 11 years of learning it in school.

>dood I wanna lern russian
>sounds easy enuf amirite

Attached: 1508967598343.png (645x773, 12K)

Attached: 1522745599174.jpg (496x334, 42K)

Sure, it's easy to speak English poorly, like the tens of thousands of recent Filipino immigrants that refuse to learn the language beyond "DISS ONE!?", while waving at a finger at the Tim Hortons doughnut that they're about to serve.

Attached: 7PFY.gif (320x240, 1.1M)

smart dannyfag

But at least it's possible to speak it on level where native english speakers won't notice any significant problems. While learning russian for foreigner is impossible. There will always be horrible pronounciation, shitty grammar, we will be able to understand you, but it's easy to detect any foreigner because there are a lot of differences between russian and european languages, and we have a lot of grammar which europeans don't have, so they keep speaking english, but translate words to russian.

To East Asians, English is one of the most difficult to learn (because it lacks inflection rules like other European languages), however for native English speakers, East Asian languages are the most difficult to learn (because of the extensive grammar and phonetic rules and their exceptions).

Japanese is similar to Russian, in that it is complicated by its own grammar more than its vocabulary, but it is most complicated by the difference in the orthography and the phonetics. Most Japanese school students are required to learn only about 4,000 Kanji and all of the Katakana and Hirigana, and knowing when to formally use them and of course proper Japanese grammar. Spoken Japanese is simpler than spoken Mandarin, but Japanese written and unwritten grammar and the gradual metering and complicating of the Japanese writing system led to multiple ambiguities in spoken and written Japanese, so that even many Japanese people can become confused by these ambiguities between the orthography and the phonetics (which ironically is part of the necessity for the addition of more features to their writing system over time, which also further complicated it)

so how long did it take you to learn english?

i like staring at people on the street who look foreign so they don't feel welcome here. just fucking stare at them as we pass each other

many Americans will stare at you back and go to a bar and tell everyone about that creep who would just stare at them.

kek, i have noticed that actually. western euro looking people would look away but americans stare back at you a lot of the time

Yeah, because we learned it rude to stare at people.

It's

most people consider it rude. it's rude here too, that's why i do it.

Ah, gotchu

Attached: 1503855707381.png (240x240, 23K)

so you're a bad guy then huh. cool n dangerous

yeah, i just thought the reaction to it was funny. everyone knows it's rude. euros will try not to engage in it, but americans would reciprocate it.
bad to the bone

Attached: 26167158_103848543754431_1823523193136125761_n.jpg (532x672, 32K)