Does anyone else get horrified by the fact your parents are going to die someday...

does anyone else get horrified by the fact your parents are going to die someday? I layed in bed last night crying over how I'm basically halfway through the time I get to be with them since they had me late, like their mid 30s.

I don't want my mom and dad to die bros

Attached: tdnxekgzh9h21.jpg (742x699, 79K)

Life is hard user, it's up to you to continue their legacy

Not really horrified but I've realized that after my grandparents die, and my parents die, assuming I'm still alive, I'll literally have 0 people left in the world who care about me.

I really took that for granted most of my childhood. But now I'm coming to understand the vast emptiness that awaits my later years, until eventually I too die.

This. I'll cry, I know I'll cry, but I'm more concerned with how there will be nothing. I will be alone for my entire life.

This is me right now. The cope is unreal.

I'll probably lose my mind, unless we have very high quality virtual simulation to distract me.

thanks user, I'm the only son of 4 siblings so sometimes it's hard to face that kind of truth that I'm the only one carrying my dad's name. I have a cousin but he's even more autistic then I am so he'll need help the rest of his life probably. I think it's not only the idea of my parents dying, but also the thought of carving out my own legacy to continue what my parents taught me.

It's crazy to me how my parents can look at me, their only child, and realize that at 30 years old I've never had a girlfriend or even been on a date and I will be the end of our genetic legacy, and yet they still take care of me.

I feel like some kind of broken thing they got at the store and they paid a lot of money for it so they desperately want it to work but it never will.

I don't think a day will go by where I'm alive after my parents die. I'm alive solely for them, I am their property.

This is why I try to call my Mum and see her when I can. Dad can get fucked though.

because they really love and cherish you user

It is time for you to find outlets and develop skills that bring out your value to the world. If you want people around you that are decent and will be there for emotional support, you will have to work for it. People gravitate towards friendly, charming, positive individuals. The term "You gotta stay positive" is cliche, but that's because continuously changing your thought process will train your brain to think better. And that will give you a better aura other people will pick up on.

Same. For this very reason after living away from them for years, I'm planning on moving next to them. I just want to spend time with them, as much as possible. It's terrible this tendency of the human mind to take things, people, situations for granted.

> my drunkard dad having minor health issues
> came back from doctor and tells me he has a few days left
> instructs me what to do when he's gone
> doesn't die and after 10 years he's still alive and healthy

This also haunts me. The emptiness and despair...

Yeah I'm pretty much going to be completely broken after my mom dies unless by some miracle I have someone else who gives a shit if I continue living, in which case I'll only be mostly broken. If that doesn't happen, I dunno how I will handle it but I do know that I need to stop procrastinating on doing some of the shit I said I'd do before she dies. I don't exactly have much time. She's 78. She might live until her 90s, she might keel over tomorrow. I hate this.

die faggot no one cares about your bitch boy problems.

Death is an illusion, OP, as are other people. Your parents were borne from the aether, and to the aether they'll return, except the reality is that they never left the aether, and neither have you or I.

This desu. I really wish they'd write me off and just spend their retirement years living for themselves, but they just can't stop looking back.

I'm an orphan so I don't have that problem ..kek

Not really. My mom died curled around her toilet when I was 19. I was floored from shock but I never cried. More worried about what I'll do when that happens because I can't even support myself at the moment. Not much point in worrying about them dying because it's gonna happen anyway.

No
Death is just the conclusion of life
We all strive for death
Its our finish line
We should be happy

Nope. Fuck your parents in particular.

to move forward, you need to push yourself to move from the so to speak grip of your parents. the grip is not necessarily negative, it is comfy, it is warm and safe, but thats not what life is always about. jesus, you really want to spend your entire life fixated on your parents and the fact that they care about you? people grow up, people move on with their lives. yes you will be sad its a natural process and you will get over it. my mom got cancer when i was 14, now im 28 and she is nearing her end. guess i got used to the thought of her dying eventually, it happens. is it a bad thing? yes, but it will also open up some possibilities as i dont have to worry about her any more etc