I'm a new york city fireman, my whole lifes a gamble

I'm a new york city fireman, my whole lifes a gamble

Attached: 1524542203064.jpg (215x185, 10K)

are you a normalfag with friends irl and a girlfriend? because most firefighters are. firefighting is such a childish aspiration every little 6 year old boy wants to be a firefighter
grow up

shut up fag, my whole lifes a gamble

Do you have a deep new yorkish accent?

I'm a new york city minimum wage worker, my whole lifes a gamble riding the train.

Aye Im walkin ere

Must be hard rescuing cats from trees and helping old people cross the street

Children want to be firefighters because they're admirable people. No child looks up to pudgy incels, you are the result of child's dead dream.
Also I suspect your opinion on firemen would change the moment you needed one.

Ay! I'mma wakkin' hear!

No one here talks like this except for the cops and construction workers

what about the puerto ricans

Ay shut ya fuckin mouth water boy before I stuff ya girlfriend.

they will have stabbed you for looking at them the wrong way depending on how much sunlight is out

dont you just love the city!

I'm a Canadian deep sea fisherman.
My whole lifes a gamble on when a rogue wave throws me overboard.
I've been lucky so far, 5 years in and 3 green deckhands have gone over while I'm still standing.
Only took me month to realise why all fisherman smoke crack.

Bet the pay is insane though.

So is your life like the show rescue me?

Imao didnt think anyone would get it

>my whole lifes a gamble
In what way? And please no "i risk muh life at the job" you knew what you were getting in.

I run into burning buildings saving peoples lives

No shit, your a fireman. Learn to code if you want to stop gambling your life.

Attached: 1503110489804.jpg (250x203, 6K)

I made 130 k last year so yeah.
It fluctuates depending on how well you do and how many boats you work on.
Last year I just fished non stop for halibut, crab, prawns, herring, cod and scallops. (With some illegal salmon deals on the side)
Only the dangerous jobs in the middle of the Pacific make good money anymore though, fishing closer to shore where there's any chance of you being rescued before freezing to death if the boat sinks pays jack shit.

Good for ya dude, hows trying to get cod? Is it still shit in newfoundland

Working on big lingcod boats will make you decent money but you're gonna be treated like garbage.
Alternatively being a rock cod poacher and selling the catch to black market processors who then sell to luxury restaurants is a good way to go.
Only if you're willing to spend 6 years in prison or keep 10 grand cash with you to bribe the coast guard though.

Heh, more like they'll try to stab me and they'll become a bloody mist.

Attached: 1520918158205.jpg (600x600, 30K)

makes sense I guess, which maritime are you in?

Running is an option too if you get caught, actually have a badass story of the getting caught and escaping once.

tell us
>be you

That is one of the hardest jobs in the world to get. Faggot

>go to fire started by niggers
>get shot by niggers

nice

>Be me 19
>Have friend I'm his 20's who just bought a run down house with an aluminum speed boat in the back yard
>Beat up and not worth shit but with a bit of maintenance and an equally beat up and worthless outboard motor it's definitely usable and surprisingly fast
>Has high sides too so can be used in rough weather
>We mostly fixed it up just as a weekend project but then we start getting ideas
>He suggests smuggling things across the border into the US but I immediately call him a dumbass for that
>Jail time isn't worth it plus coast guard would pick up on us right away with how loud our 20 year old outboard is
>His next idea is better though
>Rock cod fishing
>Rock cod has been protected in Canada for a number of years now due to overfishing
>However it's extremely plentiful now but still remains protected with heavy fines and jail time for catching and selling it
>But that's what makes it so valuable
>Especially to the high end Chinese restaurants in Vancouver who serve it live with the bottom half of its body deep fried as a delicacy
>It's fucked up I know but they'll also pay top dollar for live rock cod so it's a hell of a business opportunity
>This boat is perfect because it's been unregistered for years judging by the weeds that were growing around it so there's nothing linking it to us if were spotted or god forbid have to abandon it at sea (foreshadowing woOoOo)
>Also has a fiberglass live tank we extended with cut the bottom out of and expanded into the hull by welding aluminum plates at the back and middle of the hull.
>And so a week later we set it in the water and headed for the fishing grounds at 9 pm in the winter.
Will type the rest in a sec I gotta piss

I suck dick my whole life is a gamble
I just hope I'll be able to gamble the life and the life don't gamble my dick

>Our first trip is very successful
>We set out a long line and while it soaked we jigged with four rods and by 5 am were headed for a remote island with a port where our buyer is with ~200 fish
>We get to the port and unload before sunup
>Make just over 2 grand
> then we take our boat over to a hidden Cove on the island and walk into the bush to and make a shelter out of deadfall where we drink rum and sleep the entire day
>Wake up that evening and prep for our next trip (we planned to go for 3)
>We take nothing on the boat except what were wearing, a chart in a ziplock bag filled with rocks, a metal toolbox to fix the outboard with, a just of fresh water with rocks in it too and our fishing gear which all has lead weights attached to it.
>Why the lead you ask?
>Well it's simple
>If we get spotted by coast guard our best bet is to get the fuck out of there and make sure nothing is left behind to identify us with.
>And the best way to do that when you're on the ocean and in about a half kilometre deep water is to sink everything
>So we headed out
>Different spot this time and somewhat closer to the island with our buyer on it
>We fish off of some high rocky bluffs with just rods this time
>We get a decent catch
>But by around 2 am we see a spotlight coming from the open water
>It just flashed for half a sec then disappeared
>We immediately stop
>My friend cuts both our lines and prepares to throw the rods overboard
>I keep watch for another flash
>Them I hear the whirring of an engine
>It could just be another fisherman at this point but that's unlikely since it's not really commercial season right now and it's common courtesy to make radio contact after flashing a spotlight at somebody
>The motor is getting closer now and then there's another flash of the spotlight
>Longer this time, which was their mistake.
>I don't know if I really saw anything but at that moment I knew that was a coast guard zodiac

would you be willing to send me pictures of burned bodies? i would compensate you very well.

what area do you work in?
i live in the south bronx and really enjoy long walks so every day is a bit of a gamble

>He rushes to throw everything off the boat as I rush over the the outboard
>We purposely left the bolts on it loose and weakened the welds on the stern plate of the boat
>Because of what I was about to do next
>I took off the out board and heaved it onto the boat
> I then got my hip waders off and threw them to my friend who tied them with his to a rock and threw them over
>He gave me a thumbs up and helped me heave the outboard over our heads and slammed it down onto the stern plate
>It broke off and sank along with the outboard into the cold depths
>Now we're in the water too
>Were just wearing a long John shirt and pmants each now so we're fast in the water but fucking freezing
>We've gotten used to freezing water over our lives as fisherman though so we can swim
>And lucky for us we don't have far to swim because the shore is right infront of us
>He makes it to shore first and begins crawling up the rocky beach towards the tree line
>I follow soon after
>We make it to the trees and see the spotlight scanning now
>It's right where our boat was, which was long sunk by now
>Its definitely a zodiac and it's definitely confused
>So we run into the bush
>But not before grabbing flashlights from our crotches
>We had survival kits with a reflective blanket, waterproof lighter, and ultra thin shirt and pants in them for just this occasion
>We don't turn on the lights yet but instead run into the woods holding hands (no homo) so we don't lose each other till we can't see the water anymore
>Then we turn on our lights and search for a place to make a small covert fire to warm our now borderline hypothermic bodies up

>That is one of the hardest jobs in the world to get. Faggot

and?

lol what a retard origanlly speakin and

>We get to a short cliff with an overhang and make a fire with the dryest wood we can find
>We change out of our wet clothes and get into the ultra thins
>Im the coldest so after 10 minutes my friend leaves to check for the spotlight or any noise as I'm left by the fire
>He comes back a half hour later and says he saw 2 flashes 4 minutes apart but they were from far away so the coast guard must have gone the opposite way as us although they may have split up
>Unlikely at this time though since most times a coast guard zodiac has no more than 2 or 3 crew
>I swap places with him and head up to the top of the cliff myself to keep watch
>I see a flash too but it's near the shore still and a ways away
>Friend heads up to talk to me after putting out the fire and hiding it
>We start to plan
>See we picked out fishing spot for a reason
>We know these islands very well
>We are in an archipelago so there are many islands around and most occur in chains
>This one in particular is very long and has deep water on the south end but shallow on the northern tip
>The northern tip is also very near to another island
>And that other island is also closely to the island where our buyer and the port is
>During large tidal cycles these island are so closely connected that at low tide the water between them can be less than a foot deep
>Something we were keen to take advantage of

>lol what a retard origanlly speakin and

what?

Go on. I like it

They say essay and holmes alot .

You should be grateful to be fit enough to get a job most can't get and being able to have a retirement package in 15 years .

I'm reading if you're still there

>No child looks up to pudgy incels
you'd be surprised at what weird shit kids think is cool. they don't always judge people like you do.

I am just making food

>We planned to make our way to the northern tip (we were in the middle close to the east side and had sunk on the west side) before day break and cross the shallow water at low tide (low tide started at 4:40 or something) it was about 3:40 when we left.
>In an hour we could make it but it would be tough
>At least running kept us warm
>Too bad all we had for shoes was the damp long johns we had tied around our feet
>We used our flashlights sparingly as we ran to avoid detection
>After running non stop and feeling equal parts terrified and absolutely fucking alive we reach the north tip around 5 am
>Immediately we begin to cross in the dark all the while watching for even the smallest glimpse of light
>Much to our joy we see nothing and make it to the shore covered in mud
>We let ourselves slow down now and after finding another suitable spot inland we make a second fire to dry off our now mud caked bodies
>We realize were dumbasses only after were dried off since we could have just washed off but what's done is done
>We make our way across this smaller island in a couple hours and are forced to swim at the next crossing now that the tide has risen.
>Not for long though the water is still shallow
>We get across without seeing any sign of the coast guard once again and make instead of making a fire we head straight for the port
>We go to an abandoned net loft in the outskirts and stay the night there
>In the afternoon we wake up and we meet up with a mutual friend who's an old fisherman who taught us both about poaching while we were on a herring boat together
>He's our friend but he's still a cranky old man so he takes 200 bucks which we had stashed in town from the last haul in exchange for a boat ride home with his son
>He also tells us a coast guard boat came into the docks around 7 am
>They had brought a second boat that was stationed here out with them
>Presumably looking for us heh heh
>That's the end of the story Bois
>Questions?