Philosophy

Iv'e been getting into philosophy lately and just learned about diogenes, was he a true robot? what's your favorite philosopher r9k?

Attached: index.jpg (262x192, 10K)

Other urls found in this thread:

philosophybasics.com/philosophers_plotinus.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>was he a true robot?

I don't think so. Robots are identified by the anxieties when it comes to not fitting in. Diogenes didn't care, it was voluntary.

this, diogenes was beyond chad

Whether he had sex or not is unknown but he was socially isolated. That means he's a robot. That would be an insult to his character since unlike most the people here, he didn't endlessly whine about how the world is treating him bad. That question was pretty idiotic and inconsequential too.
Favorite philosopher? None, superlative questions are dull.

Diogenes was to chad what antiparticles are to particles.

A true robot philosopher was myamoto musashi, he hated women, killed people, was free and autistically dedicated to his hobby (of killing people).

Robot is a socially excluded virgin
Nothing more, nothing less

>socially isolated automatically means robot
Is that what you normalfags believe?
Holy shit you managed to steal a word that's not even real with your malicious mob mentality what the fuck.

I like St. Augustine.

Diogenes is the philosopher for people who don't read philosophy.

From what I heard diogenes actually wrote about how it was justified to kill people, aparantly his writings were so controversial that future philosophers had edited his work to make him come off as more positive.

>At one point Diogenes was invited into one of his fan's mansions, all the mansion owner asked was for him to not spit in the mansion, Diogenes responded by spitting in his face.

He was the most based.

So he was the original proto edgelord

>Is that what you normalfags believe?
Holy shit you managed to steal a word that's not even real with your malicious mob mentality what the fuck.
What even is this post?
Refute my assertment already

Kant and Heidegger are GOAT philosophers. You are right to start with the greeks though, and don't skip Plotinus

Diogenes was a bit of a bitch who thought his self-centered way of living was an objective truth and any truth that strayed from his own was to be mocked and ridiculed.

Diogenes was just an angry hobo
If you think angry hobos are based then sure.

I loved out Plato was a sell out shill faggot and Diogenes took every opportunity to point that out to him.

Can you give a brief summary of what Plotinus was like and what he believed?

Refute what?
The definition of a word that's not strictly real?
Why would I try & do that?
I just wanted to insult you.

>yfw supposedly Socrates was ugly as fuck yet he still was able to get laid and had kids.

Attached: index.jpg (183x275, 7K)

It's true, but just remember they're are plenty of famous virgins:

Isaac Newton
Nicola Tesla

People read about his antics and swear they love him. He becomes a meme and a popular icon in stark contrast with what he stood for.
Does this mean what he stood for was always going to flop?
Or does it mean that by becoming popular he was right all along?

Plotinus was this radically esoteric Neoplatonist who fixated himself on spiritual matters. He synthesized eastern and western traditions into an all encompassing philosophy. Neoplatonism later became a large influence for Christianity, which makes it all the more worth looking into.

philosophybasics.com/philosophers_plotinus.html

Camus because suicide is the answer

read Kierkegaard and Kant faggot

Schopenhauer, he was the ultimate cynic.

Attached: index.jpg (259x194, 6K)

Camus argued in favour of living, in spite of the absurd.

Also if you truly believe that suicide is the answer then you would have killed yourself.

behold!
look upon this man

Attached: diogenes.png (960x960, 573K)