/uni/ general

How are you lads handling it?

Attached: 1530816420527.jpg (853x568, 188K)

I finished my first year like two weeks ago. It was okay. Not what I expected at all. Its way more boring than movies make it out to be. Everyone wants to be by themselves and I ended up friendless cause most of my classmates seem boring or apathetic towards me. I feel like these next few years will be very boring but at least I'll get a degree, right?

What degree you aiming for lad?

Civil engineering. Mostly wanna do Structural shit. I'll for sure join club next semester. I can't end up friendless for another semester its fucking painful

How do you start conversations with cute girls in the same class as you?

I'm doing an internship right now, its pretty fun but theres a lot of downtime.

bro thats how engineering students are. they are nerdy as fuck and talk to their parents or home friends or some gay shit. when i was in school i had a bunch of engineering friends and they were rather wild

Got my grade back

B-, fucked around and turned in some papers late should have been an A
A
B+ Would have been an A if I had proofread my term paper better or started earlier. I hate getting so close to an A and fucking up
B diversity class. Should have been a B+ but I turned in dumb homeworks late
W Prof was a bro and told me I was gonna fail so I should file for a W past the deadline exemption

Attached: csubitch.png (521x571, 617K)

I start graduate school in august for a masters in accounting. First time i will be living on my own lads

The next 3 years of college will be super boring. I made 1 solid NEW friend in college and a number of acquaintances from my major. People who say college are the best years of your life are full of shit, college was super boring for me and had almost no excitement.

I thought I would fail 2 classes. I got a B- in one and a C in the other. I was dying of stress all semester.

Do you go to a csu user?

I graduate next year after 6 years in college. If I can get a job I'm actually looking forward to moving out. I can buy that thick meme sex doll and jack off all the time when im not working, watch anime without headphones so my family doesnt find out im a weeb, and pretty much anything I want in my free time I'm pretty stoked.

Bakersfield
Were you active in any clubs? I joined the Agriculture club as a history major. It was fun just me and a bunch of rednecks going drinking half the time

Attached: CSUB Fag.png (547x717, 104K)

What grades do I need as a minimum to get accepted into a University via clearing?

Attached: 1546618536195.png (400x400, 181K)

wtf is clearing senpai?

>Bakersfield
Dang you're closer to me than I thought. I go to San Marcos

Depends completely on how good or prestigious the university is.

Going on my third co-op work placement this summer. Graduating in a year.
I like what I study, and the pay is good.

>havent made a single friend so far
>all my other friends from high school have

Attached: CDB3C7C4-0713-4D67-821A-0031024B6973.jpg (800x450, 50K)

>Tfw to stupid for even community college
Tfw literally failed out of com college only doing high School level remedial classes

I just want a smart college bf but I can't even into college to find one

"I'm a brainlet who doesn't have good grades"

What are the lowest grades I can get?

Why does Jow Forums keep making me reply to posts I didn't click on!!!1111

Well if you're looking for an international research university, you need at A at least. But a lot of lesser unis or colleges will probably accept students with as low as a B-. Lower than that and you're probably relegated to a shit tier community college.

Civil engineer guy from before, I go to a CSU

>This sunday afternoon the teacher added one class this tuesday - a day we all excpected to start two weeks of no class before the finals -
>I am ok with it because we will do the last test on it and I am ready for it
>Monday morning I enter the classroom to the stressed words of classmates expressing clearly they wont come tommorow for that illigetimate class.
>The classmates are trying to get the majority of the class to agree for 4 hours.
>It clearly seems they agreed and I agreed so to not get them in the sort of awkward situation with the teacher.
>There two or three elements who would clearly attend the class because when asked they replied by "I dont know" in hesitation.
>Alright its set,the nature of the agreement dictates I will not betray my word neither they
>Classes end and I head straight out of uni to public transport to home to my pc in a matter of 30 mins
>I am facing the screen forgetting about everything for once in a month and its 8 am
>I sleep as the birds wake up
>Phone rings at 10 am waking me up
>I have a gut feeling its a call from the guy that begged me most to not come to the class and whined how he lived miles away.
>So I ignore it and try to go back to my sleep
>The phone vibrates three more times
>I pick up, its indeed him
>He asks me in a worried voice where am I
>I tell him good morning I am at home and that he just woke me
>He ask in a humble tone how I didnt come
>I stuttered trying to keep myself from cursing at him the sort of curses he never heard before then stopped , he chuckled and begged me to come and he told me they did finish the class and did the test
>Why would I come now, I said I am not coming yesterday
>He said "Um so you arent coming ?"
>(I am questining his sanity by now)
>I say no I am not and bye I am tired now and hang up after he said ok
This resulted in losing trust in any future classmates planning negative acts. Serves me right.

Attached: ggg.jpg (540x720, 178K)

I am receiving a bachelor with the highest grades in EEE STEM at a great uni. Feels pretty gud.

>see her outside of class
>"Oh hey aren't you in Calc II too? Man that homework was really rough huh? haha"
>"Let's exchange numbers so we can work through problems together"

Bada bing user. After that, don't assume they'll want to have sex with you, and don't hold a grudge on them for not wanting to have sex with you.

Graduated, and my experience was quite possibly the highest degree of bipolar I've ever experienced in my life. I had the most horrible depression I've yet to experience, but at the same time had some of the best experiences I've ever had. Made all of my friends in college, but constantly questioned my self worth. Got into my first relationship in college, and then got my heart destroyed by being cheated on multiple times.

To people in college who haven't made friends, join a club or a frat. I joined a frat, and met some really great people through it - no, not everyone is a mega douche.

I dropped out of comp sci fuck that shit

Finally decided to actually keep going and not drop out, was tempted as feeling very isolated still (this is end of 2nd year). Exam in 8 hours I know nothing for.

I graduated a month ago and I don't have a job lined up. Feel like I'm fucked desu since my resume is less than a page long because I haven't been able to find a job at all, and career services at my uni is a fucking joke.

Who /ivy/ here?

I'm /russelgroup/ is that close enough?

>paying to have friends
Fuck that shit.

Joining a club is fine though as long as you aren't unlucky as fuck.
>Club gets large influx of people due to Quad Day, people are interested including myself
>People get turned off by cliquefaggotry
>Almost all of them leave the club after a month, stay because I'm having fun doing the activity
>Clique members still act like shit, but are now actively being fuckheads towards the few people remaining as well
>They proceed to bitch and moan about how everyone leaves the club and never stays
>We quit too
This fucking shit happened twice. Thankfully I'm leaving this town since I've graduated, and not having any friends wasn't too terrible. I might even be able to use all the LARP weapons I've got if I get a job in a town where the people that do this kind of shit aren't retarded faggots.

1 month left and I graduate law school. Everything is possible guys

Attached: 1c0c3cefb31f34338df47740420928d4b3409b0e18b9e1dcd241c1b5d56723b9.png (510x751, 218K)

>masters thesis due in 10 day
>haven't finished collecting results

Attached: 1536939238299.jpg (705x527, 247K)

Out of this hellhole after one more semester. Changed my degree from CS to CINS because the retards running the CS department required 2 years of web development oriented classes.

Have offers to work in a variety of companies since all my projects have been related to workflow automation and my internship yielded a tool that saves 50 man hours a day.

I'm not taking any, I'm fuckin running off to Singapore or Berlin to try to find work outside the US.

You're probably fucked honestly. If you have the money for it and the schedule works for you then just slow down and take another year.

is STEM really that hard? I'm in my third year of commerce and its so easy that I don't even need to study.

STEM is a complete fucking meme. Go to classes, do your homework, and review the material before exams and you'll be fine.
The real issue is that you'll probably be completely fucked once you graduate and can't find a job.

Yep STEM is achievable by many people, it's why you end up getting self taught programmers that have a masters in art history and make more than comparable CS graduates.

Companies need to get their shit together and start training employees more internally, instead of "guiding" the educational system to do it like shit at no cost to the company.

I think I can do it.
I spend my time building simulation software, now all I have to do is run some test cases.
I also have much of it already written up already.

Unfortunately, the way my uni runs the engineering masters thesis is that no extensions are allowed. If you can't get it done, it is considered a fail and then I have to choose a new topic and spend another year.
Fortunately being Australian, university costs are fixed and student loans have 0% real interest (with forced repayments). So an additional year would suck, but anyone can afford it.

>when you would be graduating with a 4.0, but because your uni likes to reward underarchieving B students and punish A students with a shitty plus minus system, it's slightly below that
>A+s don't mean shit, same weight as a regular A so no help there
Fucking hell lads

Attached: 1516925468438.jpg (640x465, 32K)

Grades don't do shit when it comes to finding jobs anyway.

Attached: 1480016438865.jpg (512x512, 22K)

But they do matter for grad school

I need to find 3 roommates for next year fuck this I'm better off going back to living with my parents

if your uni has a job board, some companies can restrict people based on their GPAs
but yeah GPA is a fucking meme overall

Eurofag here, how is GPA calculated? And what is the impact of it on your career?

literally average your grades. some places put a weight on each grade based on credit hours though
gpa affecting your job is a meme. nearly zero impact on career

Failing my first year for the second time, I've already applied for a position where I can work for 2 days and go to school for 2 days.
My job interview is this week so I hope everything will go smoothly.

I'm more lonely then ever. I've given up on trying to make friends much less get in a relationship. I'm gonna live out of my car soon and I'm just gonna stop caring for people. No one's cared for me so it's better that I just fade out of existance. I'll be a ghost. I can get enjoyment out of other people being happy. If they are happy it's ok that I am miserable. It's just meant to be this way. I've come to terms with my role in society. I just watch and desire and nothing more.

>nearly finished my first semester of commerce degree
>planning on majoring in economics
Lads I feel so fucked, I've got no chance of a job afterwards since good networking skills are critical to business and I'm a robot/incel. Should I just give up and drop out? I don't see a future for myself in any career

Any of you guys find uni good for meeting women? I don't drink alcohol much and I'm a robot but I want to meet women, nearly finished first semester and haven't even made a single female friend or acquaintance, any hints or tips? I really need some .

Don't go into uni expecting anything. Your situation will stay the same.

don't be one of those retards that tries to get a "good" gf at the designated hookup bar

Nice triple dubs, friendo

I keep procrastinating getting this fucking student finance shit done
If I take this same attitude toward my coursework when I actually start I'm never going to get a first. Fuck it I'm going to do it now

Im doing chem eng, just finished 2nd year and i only revise like days before the exams and im doing better than half the class

>days before the exams
There's your answer. Most people won't even study until a day or two before the exam, let alone going to office hours if they're stuck and need help.

I would be happy about this if our grades were calculated on a curve but i dont think they are here. We had one exam in jan that had an average of 41% and that was after generous marking.

Is it an intro chem class? Most of the time, even if they'll give curves, they're small ones since those courses are usually harder than they need to be to try and weed out students. No curves on a 41% Average sounds fucking rough unless the worst exam grade gets dropped or something like that.

Just finished my PhD a few days ago, waiting for feedback :S

Attached: 1558477637853.png (800x490, 189K)

It was mass and energy balance which is really the only thing a chem engineer needs. The teachers that do this part have a habit of making the tests unreasonably hard because they miss out information and dont realise. The year before us had an average of 45 for the same one, so maybe it is to weed people out.
Its also a pass for progression module which means if you fail(

I don't go to bars, and I don't want a hookup, I want to have a meaningful relationship

Damn, born an incel die an incel

I thought phds only took like 3 years why did it take you so long?