Why does everything suck? Why are hobbies, movies, games and shows all boring...

Why does everything suck? Why are hobbies, movies, games and shows all boring? Is it nostalgia or is everything getting worse? Why is there no joy to be had in anything anymore?

Attached: 1548811252449.jpg (2048x1365, 712K)

There are like 3 things to watch on Netflix.

Maybe it's a sign? That we as a society are boring? If anything, this could be a good thing.

All the action movies today are so cookie cutter and shot the same way, it is hard to get excited for the new ones.

Our society is driven by want to acquire wealth.

This drive creates an intrinsic learning toward mass appeal, as that is the quickest way to more money. It permeates every industry, and will only get worse as time goes on until an ecological or social catalyst changes the nature of society from one of chasing wealth to one of survival, be it human survival (i.e. something that sparks a massive global effort to escape the planet and explore the stars) or survival of the individual (i.e. humanity extinction or genuine civilization collapse is inevitable, try to prolong your days).

Until then, enjoy your advertisements and generic stories mate. It will not get better. You will likely be dead before the former happens, but the latter may happen within your lifetime. So that might be something neat to look forward to. It wont be nice to experience, but hey, its something meaningful for once.

This makes it hard for me to give a shit about people in life. I know they are all just going with the flow and most of the time you have to act like a normal faggot to make interaction not awkward. Such as understanding memes, being edgy and thick skinned.

I'm tired of it because honestly it is like, what for? You know? Why? Where the fuck are we even going in such a hurry?

It's called being a cynical, contrarian cunt OP. I'm afraid it's terminal.

Im thinking your brain just stopped working. Theres innovation every day and more to see and do than anyone can ever catch up with.

B-but you need "c a p i t a l" for all that. Even then, money just destroys all the fun and novelty to be had.

Try being poor.

Theres no shame in simplicity.

The need to be up to date on things and participate in memes and various aspects of our culture is completely manufactured.

I have a decent amount of friends, but only about 2 or 3 close ones. True bonds, where you can just sit together and shoot the shit for four hours without realizing where the time even went, are far more valuable than the fleeting connections we make with people that can only ever talk about current events or movies or shit like that.

I can also enjoy myself with an afternoon of playing guitar all alone, save for the company of my dog who sits at my feet. You need to get to a level where you dont really care about others. You can be emotionally there for them, and someone they can rely on when need be, but there is no need to have a vested concern in what other people say or do if it does not directly impact your quality of life in a negative way.

For the most part, outside of family, old people have few friends. Yet they continue on. Its entirely because they can reach a level of mental maturity where you can find things to be happy about, causes that are actually worth your care, or you can let undue stress be a burden on your health and die of heart disease. Its a rather simple choice to make.

Well thanks for that kind and thoughtful reply, user.

I don't have many friends either, but I haven't learned truly yet to be comfortable with that. Like many things at my age to be honest.... Maybe we'll bump into each other sometime in this random but simple world.

You are depressed. It's not the world, you have a medical condition that warps your view.

Stranger things have happened user, so maybe we will. Best of luck to you, just try to keep your head up. There is joy out there, but I think ultimately it comes from within.

>movies
Detective Pikachu
John Wick 3
Godzilla: King of The Monsters

There's the upcoming Tarantino movie with Brad Pitt and Leo Dicap. Also there's the Joker film

>games

Devil May Cry 5
Resident Evil 2
Sekiro

>shows

I'm hearing good things about Chernobyl.

just stop doing the same things over and over again, all you need is some variety to enjoy life, unless you're legit depressed which thankfully i've never been

Not him but you seem like a great person to hang out with and I wish I come across you irl too.

It's because of you. If you spent your time doing activities that give you constant dopamine without any effort then you'll stop enjoying anything that doesn't give you massive amounts of dopamine.
It's like a drug, the more you use it the more you need to reach the same high, it's the same with any activity that provides lots of dopamine.
If you cut out that shit, and replace it with reading or other hobbies that don't provide instant gratification then you can gradually readjust your mind to start enjoying things again.
The problem is it's really hard to go back to that, and escape your addictions.

>he unironically plays Japanese games

Attached: 1556776316139.png (338x338, 29K)

Of course goy, there's nothing wrong with the world. Just take some meds!

I do agree that most media is getting worse; only takes one look at the popularity of capeshit to confirm that. But it doesn't mean that it's all bad. Anhedonia is troubling you, fren, and you need to do something productive with your time or find another way to appreciate the good fortune you have in life.

i study urbanism and always relate those issues with how we live, how our cities are built, i think theres a lot of impact on how we behave and feel. Being lonely and jaded seems much easier living in a urban environment

>Live action pokemon
>Shitty sequel
>Godzilla remake

lame

Attached: 1531440762323.jpg (866x866, 55K)

Do you enjoy nothing at all op?
Could be anhedonia.
I know that a lot of content these days is getting worse, but that's just because theres so much, there are gems out there.
As for hobbies, is there nothing that interests you

The only decent things there are maybe Sekiro and Chernobyl, which isn't ideal. The show is about Ukraine and Russia and there are god damn Monty Python limey faggots talking like it's tea and crumpets. It's like watching a movie about samurai with black Americans speaking ebonics.

Whatever dude. If you wanna hate on stuff then go right ahead. I'll be here enjoying my wholesome hobbies like a real nigga.

There's plenty wrong with the world, but it's not normal or okay to only focus on that and never find joy in anything. You can fix that, why won't you?