Do you like philosophy, anons?

Do you even think about life, death and all of the stuff?

Also, what do you think about Nietzsche and his views?

I'm so fucking edgy and he's literally the only philosopher I can agree with in most cases.

Attached: edgy.png (400x479, 30K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lgMwLcYVvHI
youtu.be/Rthl_O4_G2o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

eh nothing matters for me , only what you want in life.
youtube.com/watch?v=lgMwLcYVvHI
my edgy psycho motivation only.

Yeah, Manson is my edgy motivation, too. I fucking love him, his music is fantastic. My favourite song of him is 'Man That You Fear', so relatable. youtu.be/Rthl_O4_G2o

only a fraction of nietzsche's sayings objectively appeal to emo megafaggots like you. If you want emo pseudo-philosophy go read some school shooter's manifesto. Also you need to be 18+ before posting. Sorry that a girl called you a faggot in middle school.

kys
I bet you haven't ever read his entire book.
also
>emos
Don't fucking insult me, faggot.

Isn't Jow Forums basically a few loners quest to seek purpose in an increasingly meaningless and atomized world

And yes user, I've been reading lots of philosophy, Nietzsche and Stirner are just the edgy entry point. I do turn to these dead old farts because nobody else will spend time with me.

>breaks line with every phrase
>is unironically offended by the word emos
>fetishizes nietzsche and distorts his philosophical profile
>boohoo nothing matters
I think I've found him anons.

Attached: pussy destroyer.jpg (259x194, 13K)

So, user, which philosophers are after this entry point? Is there someone even more edgy?

I'm unironically offended because I used to know some of these fucktards. And yes, I fetishize Nietzsche and you can suck my knot (and kys).

Attached: pistol.png (267x189, 6K)

Nietzsche was basically an aristocrat who wanted to transcend basic human desires towards greater accomplishments in all domains. What makes him edgy? Sure he made some provocative statements about eliminating the lowly-thinking people who get in your way and had some views common for his time (about sexes and races), but even his atheism is pretty tame and non-militant.

Attached: 1555883080518.png (680x778, 217K)

Might is right for a start, you might also want to go through anus.com articles or ThuleanPerspectiveyoutube channel (though be wary they were written by an obese pothead). As far as shock value edgy shit there's plenty of lists over at /lit/, since you browse r9k you might be more interested in something like Betrayal of the Self or The closing of the american mind

Stoic/Daoist philosophy changed my life. I don't get my panties in a bunch when things don't go as I'd hope them to. Everything that happens is kino because nothing is inherently bad or good, bad or good doesn't even exist we just attribute the emotions of events to either be bad when they don't directly and clearly benefit us and good when vice versa. On the flipside I feel pity for people who don't have a stoic perspective because they are easily emotionally effected by events and like to express that emotion through empty meaningless words that justify their own sadness.

Then there's Sartre who kind of puts the hat on daoism, Kierkegaard who validates the potential of belief, Nietzsche who walks hand in hand with my perspective and challenges me to make myself a better person out of every event in my life.

Philosophy is unfortunately a dying art though and is only made more dry by people who conflate reflective and introspective thinking with the need for empirical data. Shit like 'you can never truly know nuffin' is fucking useless and I despise it.

Leibniz was a surprise for me because it in my opinion proves Aristotles argument on the prime mover to be correct, thus proving God. Essentially due to his explanation of us living in the best reality, and the gnostic understanding of enlightenment being able to consciously co-create the Universe with God I came to understand more esoteric understandings of reality and meaning. Free will and determinism both existing at the same time and such like.

Now I struggle to be seriously attached to anyone who has no philosophical background or understanding, because their ideas are usually surface level crap with no depth and disappear with the slightest amount of testing.
So on one hand it's made me lonelier, but happier to be lonely because at least then I know I'm not retarded. The rarefied existence, and all that.

I know he's the normal one in this fucked up world. He wanted humanity to develop. I said I'm edgy just to be before some fucktards, I knew somebody implying edgyness will come so fuck these brainlets.

Thanks, user. Finally some reading material to fill my emptiness.

>free will and determinism both exist
I'm interested how it could be possible, tell me more.

If you want an actual good book try Gilles Deleuze's "Nietzsche and Philosophy". Deleuze himself and his unconventional takes on philosophers are a huge meme, but he was also brilliant.

Attached: 1557258072588.png (680x798, 465K)

Life is an arms race, to stay ahead of the game or sidestep it. After death, your path depends on what harm you have done to the world, or not done. Punishment vs reward.

There was a segment on Discovery years ago about the STG44, and how a bunch of them got air dropped to an encircled German column, to convince Hitler that the weapon was god tier. They got out.

My life is just like those troops, but on a constant loop. Kind of fun, but it sucks sometimes too.

I'll try to keep it brief.
Free will is the potentiate of your soul/being's ability to express itself in the moment to make a choice. I.E you can make toast, or you can have a burger. Determinism is easier to explain as destiny. Moments in the framework of the choice structure of your life that cannot and will never move, due to the nature of your will. So you can eat what you want, but you have to make it to the train at 6pm, that's the determinism. Reality itself will not let you miss that due to the way you have entangled your future through your choices. It's somewhat like the ouroboros metaphor, the snake eating its own tail. The decision manifests the destiny which manifests the potential for decision which manifests the destiny...

A more nuanced way of looking at it, and my own personal perspective is the collective will of reality, expressing itself under the yoke of God. You can desire what you like, pray for what you like, rebel against what you like. But you only have so much 'idea credit' to redeem in the frame of reality. You want X or Y, can't manifest Z due to your nature. God leans toward Y, and if you choose Y you become closer to who you truly are, your 'enlightened' self. But you are free to choose X. Determinism here is in that you can only choose X or Y, you don't have A, B, C or D on the table.

Oh, now it makes sense but I won't convert myself tho.
For me, it was just a nonsense because I was always thinking about the Christians' God (I was raised in a devotional family). How would we be able to have free will if time wasn't apllied to God and if he knew everything from every moment in the time. Your point makes some sense, thanks.

Not him, but there are at least two ways. There's the compatibilist version where some things are clearly determined (I can't breathe underwater like a fish no matter how much I believe that I can) whereas others are more chaotic and unpredictable and therefore more open or self-determining (like an ondulation in movement). There's a second version, a slightly different vitalistic take to this, that Nietzsche liked in his nore speculative moments, where determinism and will (unfree rather than free) describe the same thing because there is no authentic organic-anorganic distinction and everything is "alive" rather than dead and predetermined. Of course chaos doesn't mean freedom necessarily, which is the problem most discussed today in this domain, but maybe there are ways to scale up while keeping that basic "freedom" intact at all levels. You're never truly free because every act of will is self-determined and self-developing and self-differentiating (from other potential wills), becoming a part of your character, but you're not hard determined because everything is wobbly and chaotic within vertain thresholds. Sorry if it sounds nonsensical, this stuff is hard to summarize.

Attached: 1557001155023.jpg (540x572, 113K)

*more
*certain

Sorry, phoneposting is a pain.

Don't worry. I'm not advocating going to your local church to start confessing. I'm not Christian or Muslim or even Buddhist. It just seems overwhelmingly clear to me that God, in some form, exists. The tiring part is discussing with believers what part of their particular book is literal what part is metaphorical. IMO even the literal parts have metaphorical value but that's enough for one day. Glad I could help you see a different way of thinking about the paradigm.

I was an existential nihilist but I converted to stoicism.

Attached: 1557176708284.png (608x715, 539K)

Positive nigilism and cynicism is the way to success.
Nothing matters in the end, so you basically have a free pass to do everything that makes you happy! And what other people say about you also means just as much as a fart.

Start with the greeks you fucking idiot.
Also don't spend your summer on here until you're 18+

It's literally my lifestyle. Fuck everything, Gott ist tott.

>implying I haven't read Greeks
I only said I agree with Nietzsche in more cases than with any other philosopher. I wouldn't be able to say that without any knowledge about others.
>implying I'm an underage
kys

Too much of a brainlet to read and understand actual philosophers, but I can give you a short summary of my own, self-developed philosophy: Suck your dick as much as possible, metaphorically and literally as well. Do cool shit and fuck the cops

Sorry sweaty, wikipedia doesn't count as reading a philosopher

I like Epicurus.
He seemed like a chill dude. 'The Art of Happiness' is a based book.

Reading a short article wouldn't matter, as long as you can understand the philosopher's mindset and how it ties into practical applications.

HAHAHAHAHA
I was fucking with him but he actually thinks a "short article" counts as reading a philosopher.

Attached: 1559172181785.jpg (960x720, 271K)

The situation were in now is the very thing Nietzsche saw coming.
The degeneracy of today. The decadence of today.
His vision was that many people fall victim to the meaninglessness since god isnt "needed" anymore.
He was a big enemy of nihilism.

Get this into your tiny brain you emo idiot.

I know his views about decadence, that's why I agree with him af. Why the fuck are you insulting me, he was right and I saw it.

I guarantee you do not understand Nietzsche.

Judging from the picture of that emo wojak I thought you are a nihilist and you think Nietzsche was one aswell.
I hate this. Nietzsches philosophy is insanely good and witty but emo kids make it pathetic by abusing it to cope with their problems.

His philosophy is something to work with, not something to rest on.

Y'know Nietsche's views are vitalist, right? Most uneducated faggots call him 'nihilist', but in fact he's against nihilism. He says nihilism is on step to take before you transcend in the ubermensch, which is the perfect being, who lives life at the fullest and loves the suffering life brings and uses this suffering as a learning tool, and is happy in suffering for his own moral values, breaking the society imposed morals
Also this

So do I. These children bring fucking disgrace to this fantastic philosophical system. I hope one day these fucktards will stop insulting his ideas with their own emo life.

Yeah. In general, philosophy isn't something to rest on. You should find your views on your own, other books, quotes etc. are just like a roadsigns which guides you to your own conclusions.

As I said before, I'm not a nihilist, I love ubermensch, I hate emo fucktards.

This wojak may seem to be misused but I intended to laugh at nihilist brainlets, not to be one of them. Sorry for misunderstanding for all of the anons who knows his views. Also, good to hear that he's a 'nihilist' not for everybody. You made me feel a little bit better.