Spent 2 years developing my game, created everything, EVERYTHING from scartch

>spent 2 years developing my game, created everything, EVERYTHING from scartch
>I wrote the engine myself, did all the programming, learned sprite design and designed all my game art
>worked alone for 2 years, ignoring family, not making social connections (not that I really wanted to)
>submit it to steam
>rejected
>try to post it on the indie games reddit
>rejected for advertising a game thats not on stream

nobody will experience the world I spent 2 years of my life creating

Attached: 1559434059431.jpg (868x484, 91K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fGVc9IfGJYE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

that's why feedback is an important part of the process

got any material to show?

Have any pics or vids of the game user?

Post a vid of it. I'm curious.

Also why did you write an engine? Seems like work for nothing.

I have game dev connections. Maybe I can help you out if you show me some things in your game

bost something here, i'm sure some anons would try it and spread the world.

That's why you do marketing on early stages of game development. Without proper marketing you won't sell shit

Attached: 1546823161736.jpg (500x281, 76K)

Why did Steam reject it? I thought they took everything that wasn't against their TOS

>play the marketing game goy
What if its kicked to the curb before you even start

How did your game get rejected when people make Generic Hentai Puzzle Game 14 with 0 effort and are allowed to upload it? From what I understand, as long as it has no content that conflicts with their TOS, is reasonably operational, and you pay the $100-something fee, you should be able to upload it. Did they not give you a specific reason for rejection?

Better than being kicked to the curb after sinking two years of your life into it.

You literally just make it available from somewhere like SourceForge or some other app downloading service.

You could host it yourself if you get a website that allows hosting files. Sounds like you could easily build your own site and you'd need one anyway for forum and stuff.

maybe it's a graphic child rape simulator

It's probably shit desu desu

Lesson learned: NEVER follow your dreams

Anyways, why not practice developing a game by doing bunch of small games, but uploading them to GitHub and asking for feedback? Why don't people want to do stuff for free nowadays?

Attached: give up.png (629x301, 99K)

They said the main character being a hwhite male was a major contributing factor to the rejection.

>submit it to steam
>rejected
Your game is absolute shit or has "wrong" politics. I mean, there are games on steam that are literally 10 minutes in unity.

if you use an engine like uniuty, it's not actually you're game.

>change some things to make it fit into the SJW agenda
>claim to be pansexual
>?
>profit
It ain't that hard user

>steam
Kike lover.
>reddit
kys I mean really.

I see it's your first year here and your 9th year on earth, welcome faggot.

What even is your game, OP?

Don't bitch without giving us details

Post it here and I'll play it op

This thread makes me nervous because I'm in pretty much the exact same situation but my game isn't nearly done yet.

I've started developing a game, too. It is hard as fuck but worth the things you learn. When the first plannes segment of my story is playable and the game looks good I will upload it to itch.io or something for free-whatever you want to pay.
youtube.com/watch?v=fGVc9IfGJYE

Are you gonna show pics of your game or are you gonna keep whining like a bitch

just sleep around with game ""journalists"". i've read it works

As stated earlier in this thread, you need to actually see if people want to play this shit beforehand, and you need to actually be aware of what's on steam's guidelines.

Head over to agdg on /vg/ and post progress there, you'll get feedback from autists.

look for indie game forums and put it there. fuck reddit. they just make as much rules as they can to be ass holes fuck that place

Make a website and run ads for your game, show it off on YouTube yourself.

You can probaly reapply the game again if you want later