I SPENT THE WHOLE DAY PLAYING TEKKEN AND IT WAS COOL!

I SPENT THE WHOLE DAY PLAYING TEKKEN AND IT WAS COOL!

Attached: pandaT7.jpg (800x1000, 118K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.twitch.tv/parafwen_
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I play lots of soul cali
I play yoshi, i dislike tekkens long combos but am kinda interested in getting into it, is it worth checking out if i play tons of yoshi already

I stopped playing fighting games after going crazy about them for a good year.

Spend like $600 on a fight stick and hitbox controller

You play any of these?
>Melty Blood
>Under Night in Birth
>Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax
>Blazblue Centralfiction
>Marvel vs Capcom 3
>Persona 4 Arena Ultimax

I went pretty crazy labbing 6 hours a day to the point where I would fall asleep to dreaming about crazy mixups

Attached: 81803C6F-439F-4EE6-8DF8-63BCECA7590B.jpg (662x1000, 81K)

Yoshi in T7 is fun as fuck, but difficult as hell too. If you want a challenge go ahead, but it'll be hard.

Nope. I was thinking of buying street fighter 5 though. Any of those in particular that you would recommend?

don't play sfv it's bad

I had heard it was too shallow. But it still has to be fun to fuck around with right?

ehh that's what I thought but not really it's honestly boring, still regret buying it

SFV is pretty fun if you are new to fighting games.

The games I listed are anime fighters AKA 20 hit combo mixups and double jumping and air dashing. I really loved them since you could go crazy and characters and gimmicks are cool.

UNIST (under night in birth) is probably the easiest and best to get into. Has a huge player base last when I played because it got announced for EVO2019.

I'm trying to learn how to play guilty gear, transitioning from smash mainly, I find that the controls in fighting games do not seem as intuitive as they are in smash, but that's probably just my bias at play here since I've been playing smash for a really long time.
Traditional fighting games seem more information and "lab" oriented, whereas smash is more freestyle I think. Having fun though, Guilty Gear looks really interesting.

Im the same, i come from smash and am not crazy about lab stuff

Soul cali has incredibly simple inputs and combos

Attached: IMG_0940.jpg (1920x1080, 286K)

didnt know there were tekkenbros on r9k. i used to play daily but kinda lost my drive after falling from purple ranks to genbu. i just do lobbies and player match now

Attached: 1546711665982.jpg (1500x2236, 1.19M)

You are 100 percent right. I actually started playing ultimate recently and have never gotten too into smash, but:

Fighting games neutral is really just positioning and knowing your match up. Like if your opponent keeps trying to start his mixup with crouch, you need to start playing against that. Combos and all those reaction stuff really only matter at high high level.

people put WAY to much emphasis on labbing. you gain just as much knowledge and experience from fighting actual people rather than hanging out in trainning mode all day. Also trust me there are plenty of characters in fighting games that let you freestyle with them. first ones that come to mind are lei/yoshimitsu and characters from mvc

m.twitch.tv/parafwen_

I play yoshimistu at an okay level if people would wanna watch

Attached: IMG_0950.jpg (3024x3024, 869K)

There are plenty of resources out there that help guide me through the process and most of them do stress that neutral/basic understanding outweighs the importance of labbing (though it is still an important part, such as visualizing certain situations or getting used to character movesets), and I do agree, that I can see that the labbing process is not that big of a deal for cases such as mine. I'm trying to put more emphasis on learning neutral and learning my character and the game mechanics or overall flow. I think in concepts such as neutral, punish game, footsies there is an overlap between traditional fighters and smash, but how they play out in a match is obviously different.

I played doom

Nice. Tekken 4 is my favorite one.
Nice. Yoshimitsu is my favorite character. And the only Tekken character I like, now that I think about it. But in Soul Calibur, I actually prefer Mitsurugi. Still occasionally play with Yoshi though.
Nice...

I LOVE LOVE NINA

Attached: 1534219242822.png (777x713, 325K)

imagine lili gf

Attached: __lili_tekken_drawn_by_koikawa_minoru__930e80a5240251094abb76d2718bee44.jpg (600x779, 107K)

I want to start playing blazblue again now that the new dlc is out but relearning everything is a pain in the ass.
Also they nerfed all my mains which sucks.

>tfw wanted to play bbtag because I liked p4a
>try it out during a free weekend and game just doesn't feel right
>don't want to get ps+ to play online
a shame