If you were smart you wouldn't be jobless. If you were smart you wouldn't be broke...

If you were smart you wouldn't be jobless. If you were smart you wouldn't be broke. If you were smart you wouldn't lack social skills. You are not smart. You aren't even average intelligence. You are at the bottom, and you've kept yourself here.

Attached: adfe.jpg (500x500, 36K)

>If you were smart you wouldn't be jobless
If you were dumb you'd still be able to get a job
>If you were smart you wouldn't be broke
Agree
>If you were smart you wouldn't lack social skills
Social skills are related to ones socialization during childhood. When one is properly socialized, the right social pseudo-instincts have been programmed into your brain. You can notice things that others haven't been able notice purely through such means. This is not a good measure of the skills intelligence brings.

I just want to be loved for who I am
is that too much to ask in this day and age?

Good luck.
You're not you, yet.

Attached: uhjg.png (754x753, 358K)

Not true at all. Intelligence isn't the strongest predictor of success. While some of the personality traits which are positive indicators of sucess do in turn correlate to IQ they aren't necessarily present in all high IQ people because it's simply a correlation. The negative impact of mental illness and poor social skills are greater factors here than raw IQ. Also trying to prey on the insecurities and fears of the mentally unstable is really shit and you're a garbage person.

>If you were smart you wouldn't be jobless
Not jobless, just between jobs because I'm going back to school in 2 months. Also I want to shadow a radiological resident in July so getting a serious job conflicts. Also I've been busy doing paperwork. Also I could teach and I'm certified for it but I hate the job and this school district. Also I make enough money for bullshit with postmates/resale/ebay/buybacks/dog walking/tutoring/babysitting/various side gigs. You can't be dumb or talentless and still juggle like 9 hustles without getting a job.
>If you were smart you wouldn't be broke.
I owe thousands and I'm broke BECAUSE I'm smart. The average resident owes something like 100 grand and makes as much as a retail worker. Predatory interest rates, high cost of living, and living in Democrap Taxifornia don't help matters.
The banks'/government's entire strategy is to give me free money for 13 years on the basis of test scores and grades and with the assumption that I will ultimately pay them back through taxation and interest. That's welfare for smarties and a smart tax at the same time.
>If you were smart you wouldn't lack social skills
Counterpoint: Me. Fuck you.
>You are not smart. You aren't even average intelligence.
I'm the smartest airhead on the planet, and don't you forget it.

Don't even bother. 99 percent of regular ass people will do the exact same shit. If they can torture or mistreat someone lower on the totem to them, they will. Fuck this entire goddamn worthless race.

intelligence is useless without resources, connections. and emotions can override all of that.

I'm helping them.

Unless you have helicopter parents you would have realized the benefits of socializing and gaining support from your peers by age 12.

even with shit parents or homeschooling, if you were intelligent it would only take you 2 or 3 years to properly learn social skills as opposed to the standard 5-10.

In most lifestyles social skills are fundamental to any progress or fulfillment. You could potentially learn a lot of trivial shit and claim you have a great brain, but youre not intelligent overall if you make retarded decisions about your personal health and well-being

Then why do i have a higher iq than most wagies?

I'm making an argument against people who see themselves as smart.
This exactly.

There's more than one kind of intelligence. None are all-encompassing, as you would imply.

I'm always me, my definition is not constrained via success.

Attached: Cream.jpg (480x405, 26K)

>Unless you have helicopter parents you would have realized the benefits of socializing and gaining support from your peers by age 12. Even with shit parents or homeschooling, if you were intelligent it would only take you 2 or 3 years to properly learn social skills as opposed to the standard 5-10.

It doesn't work that way 100% in reality. If one has brought the ire of one's peers and ruined one's reputation, one can expect to face ostracism and bullying. These things will fuck you up, it doesn't matter the realization of the benefits of socializing and the gaining of support from one's peers, if your chance to do so is cut short. Reputations matter.

>In most lifestyles social skills are fundamental to any progress or fulfillment. You could potentially learn a lot of trivial shit and claim you have a great brain, but youre not intelligent overall if you make retarded decisions about your personal health and well-being
I agree.

>If one has brought the ire of one's peers and ruined one's reputation, one can expect to face ostracism and bullying.

And it really doesn't take much. If you look slightly different. Don't know their references. Make a joke they don't find funny. You can be crippled for life by this.

Categorizing intelligence is a meme that only reflects investment of time and minor differences in natural talents. It makes people feel good but unfortunately the non talented guy who is more intelligent will still take a big shit on the guy who thinks he has a special type of intelligence based on talent but is still slow

>will fuck you up
>reputations matter
Couldnt be more wrong. You are acting first of all like bullying is a rare thing that doesnt happen to the so called popular and sociable kids. *buzzer sound* almost every preppy rich kid out of place in school gets a big sloppy round of being a victim.
Emo kids define their whole lifestyle around it, these days gays and autists do the same. Yet they have social skills where they need them, and the smarter ones learn faster, no need to complicate that.

Its not even optimism bias that makes smart people realize there are countless opportunities in life. You can do a simple test by going to any new person and finding out that they dont know your reputation.

People are attracted to novelty and being different. Youre referring more to specific anti social behavior or trying to fit in where you shouldnt be.

social skills are not a permanent unlock
they need to be maintained like any other skill
are you really trying to say that its impossible to be intelligent if you're not a normie?
its pretty much proven the more intelligence your brain is capable of, the stranger your social skills are. there's so many factors beyond intelligence that can hinder a person's development.

>trying to fit in where you shouldnt be.
So, anywhere at all?
> anti social behavior
Yeah, trying to talk to people, smiling, and joking are super anti-social. "Why are you here? No one likes you" was a common refrain, no matter where I went or who I talked to, or what I talked about.

Literally once you are outcast, you are stuck outcast. You could leave and go to a different city, but your social skills wouldn't have improved at all. Improving takes practice, and you can't practice if you're scorned at every level.

I'm convinced you don't remember childhood at all. Children are basically entirely lacking in empathy. If there is anything even slightly different about you, they will latch on, and never let go.

Its been arbitrarily proven that extremely intelligent people have extreme specialization and often neglect social skills because it doesnt have the same benefit for them. But if they have trouble communicating at least on their subject of expertise they may very likely be taken for a retard and thats not a smart outcome.

The so many factors is great. The maintaining skills is true. You cant weasel your way off track of the point: if the people on this board who value intelligence are driving their lives into the toilet because of rejection and distrust of people, they arent very intelligent

>because of rejection and distrust of people

If you have only ever known decades of rejection and betrayal, why would a "smart" person expect something suddenly different

So you were the only outcast for all ages for everyone in your city? Wow thats unlucky. I remember just fine. Like 80% of my arts school thought they were outcasts. Much fewer in high school and the ones who really had brain disorders or were gaming addicts mostly grew up later in college.

There is a good amount of luck that determines where you start and what opportunities you get. If you dont trust your own ability at all though, sorry but youre just dumb. Not everyone can be intelligent, thats luck too. You would circle random letters on a test because you think it doesnt matter how hard you study

>Its been arbitrarily proven that extremely intelligent people have extreme specialization and often neglect social skills because it doesnt have the same benefit for them.
This. I am an autistic clusterfuck and get treated like it whenever I'm not at work.
At work, I am still an autistic clusterfuck and nobody cares because I'm just damned competent and smart.

>Couldnt be more wrong. You are acting first of all like bullying is a rare thing that doesnt happen to the so called popular and sociable kids. *buzzer sound* almost every preppy rich kid out of place in school gets a big sloppy round of being a victim.

The key difference is ostracism + bullying. You're misinterpreting what I mean by "reputation", reputation in this case is one's social(not class) status. If you've done something to reduce one's status, recovery is never easy. Those popular and social kids who get bullied, always have their friends to defend them, they're mental recovery is very quick. If one is a loner, the defense from those bullies is just blow after blow, recovery is slow and sometimes net negative.

you know what? I am smart. I was a great student, I am on my way to achieving two and possibly three STEM degrees, I am incredibly talented with music for an amateur, and I am worth more than 90% of people my age

but then my dad gets on my ass about not having a job, as if he wants me to wait tables or work at a fucking gas station or do field work for minimum wage. Waste time, waste energy, waste gas, hate myself while making money for someone else

as it stands, I have more crypto than most people ever will, and there is nothing I can do in the next three years that will give me any substantial income that will even be relevant compared to my crypto holdings.

could I have made more money? Sure, but it comes down to luck, and that ship has passed. I have what I have. In five years I will be worth more than my dad ever was. I will retire to a life of going to school, playing music, and trading crypto. In 50 years I will be one of the richest people on the planet, or one of the poorest people on mars, it's all the same. But I sure as shit know that I'm not about to go out and get a fucking wagecuck job.

The thing about freedom is that it takes work. You have to be creative. Yeah, boomers have no idea how easy they had it, and to spite them I'm going to leech off the fucked up system they built while they grow old in a fucking nursing home.

>So you were the only outcast for all ages for everyone in your city?

Yes, all ages, at every level of my schooling and work life. Not the ONLY outcast, but definitely the one treated the worst. The rest mostly just got ignored. A lot of people actually went out of their way to treat me like shit. You might think how I'm talking here would be an insight as to why, but I don't talk like this out loud. I keep everything in.

How do the more successful investors avoid losing money on wrong bets? They diversify and have patience.

I dont know what that imaginary person would expect. Is he trying to claim that he can predict the future in every scenario that he is capable of creating? Is he living a fulfilling lifestyle? Is he dulling his senses and becoming a respectable monk? Is he spending months and years living like a dumb person while claiming hes actually smart?

>having a job is smart
Whatever you like to think, genius

So two loners become friends and undermine your argument. Also why would you be a loner unless you were bad at everything you did or avoided people?

its intelligence coupled with mental illness
people here make choices to protect their minds at the expense of their lives
its no more smart to fuck yourself over for your feelings than it is to put yourself in a situation that fucks you up mentally for other gains. there's no way to win really.

personally im in the 95th percentile of testing without even trying, but i've burned all my resources chasing what i thought would make me truly happy and simply didn't succeed.

would a smarter man just have accepted his fate?

Being the only outcast in the entire country would be hard. You are the exception to the rule that smart people build social skills as a default. Do you at least make, say, $300,000 a year?

This ridiculously thinly veiled sarcasm isn't clever. There is no "rule" that smart people build social skills as a default. You have absolutely no understanding of human nature or biology.

I would say theres no true measure of a smart decision, especially when you are mentally disabled or incapacitated. Suicide would certainly be logical, but a lot of people just cry about suicide and never do anything, pursuing only the attention that suffering gets.
I would say the best decision would be to be part of group therapy, treat what you can and adjust your perspective of what you really want to be smaller scale.

My intuition about social skills being a requirement for proven intelligence assumes negligible mental disorders. Like standard depression and anxiety are just basic bitch stuff, anyone can work past those. Schizophrenia would be rough though

>So two loners become friends and undermine your argument. Also why would you be a loner unless you were bad at everything you did or avoided people?

Loners don't become friends with each other very often. This coming from a guy who was a loner who became friends with another loner. The reason for this is simply because of differences, they often don't find any sort of commonality other then their status as outcasts, even outcasts have the right of association after all, and who would want to hang out with someone who they can barely talk about interesting stuff with. Usually loners will only make friends with other loners when they have a common interest they can obsess over. In my case it was creative writing, world building and fiction.

actually success has more to do with motivation. There are tons of people that are smart as fuck but never get anywhere because they lack motivation to actually do things to get them somewhere. It doesn't help the more you figure shit out the more you realize none of it fucking matters. This is why normie mc idiot works really hard because he sincerely believes garbage like owning a big truck is going to make people respect him and get him girls. Meanwhile a smart person realizes that's all hollow, even on the slim chance they succeed its just some gold digger slut. Hardly a victory.

Being smart can be a bit of a curse because you start red pilling yourself from a young age and become jaded and disgusted with the world you live in. You can't bring yourself to believe in normie bullshit optimism that is contrary to the relevant data. Ignorance is truly bliss in many cases.

I can tell robots are at least a bit smart because I can have a decent philosophical discussion or discuss things that are incredibly controversial. You try doing with a normie and they just shutdown and start tossing trash optimistic sayings at you.
>good things come to those who wait
>it will all work out bro
>what comes around goes around
>just be your self

You get the idea. Its often like talking to nothing but a bunch of parrots and there are times when they make me want to shoot myself while in the middle of a conversation. Its not even that they are necessarily stupid people they just suppress their brains to make the world tolerable for their own comfort. That is where we differ we cannot turn a blind eye to this clown world no matter how much we want to. Call it a flaw but I suspect we exist solely to inject some reality into the normie culture from time to time so they don't completely destroy themselves thinking everything is fine until they suddenly run out of resources and shit hits the fan.

I cant imagine anyone older than 16 saying I dont understand biology as a retort to the opinion that smart people value and pursue social skills. Great job but if you believe you made the truly intelligent moves in life while still complaining about being treated like shit when you were younger, you have nothing to fear since you understand biology and human nature. Fundamental attribution error is probably misunderstood by a lot of people

>these are my values and I'm super smart, therefor smart people must have these values!!!

ok bud sure thing. get some perspective.

Hence the entire subcultures of punk, skating, dungeons and dragons, etc.
I wouldnt believe its rare for loners to find others like them and become friends, but I can agree that it requires a change of mindset if the goal was to be a rockstar and youre just a creep. You can be the rockstar among creeps I guess lol

You are human garbage, what is worth loving?

>but then my dad gets on my ass about not having a job, as if he wants me to wait tables or work at a fucking gas station or do field work for minimum wage. Waste time, waste energy, waste gas, hate myself while making money for someone else

This people don't realize that minimum wage jobs are so low paying and dehumanizing that its just not worth it. You will never get ahead wage slaving at some dead end job. You will be there until that job ends and then you will get another dead end job like it. Working hard does not get you ahead anymore. You need to work smart, be inventive, lie and cheat when you have to get ahead. Something like 30 to 40 percent of ive league school grads are cheating on their tests to get ahead. Because they know that what matters most is having the degree. You need to know some of the content as well for it to work but not everything they are trying to teach you. From there on you use the power of bullshit to make it look like you known what you are doing and work your way up from there. The current president of the united states bullshitted his way to the fucking top despite clearly knowing fuck all about a lot of things. But he knows how to talk to people and make himself look better than he truly is. He is a man of 10 thousand lies but stands at the top anyway. I can't say I hate the man he has his weaknesses but got around them by going the celebrity angle to build his brand. Of course he started off wealthy and had it easier than most but the point is you can really build yourself up so long as you are willing to cheat the system a bit.

Source: your ass. High intelligence has no downsides and is not connected to mental illness.

this is spot on. anyone with reasonable intelligence and self-awareness will actually think about things, and over time that compounds into huge disparities between him and the general population

normies are in this perpetual state of stagnation, they shuffle the same words back and forth and copy each other until you end up with this large homogeneous mess

like if you were intelligent as a child, chances are that has put you so far ahead of everyone else by adulthood that it really doesn't matter what you do, you'll never fit in.

If it has been proven then post a link and don't expect us to take your brainlet ranting as facts.

>smart but lazy meme
This is like saying someone is actually really skinny inside but because they eat a lot they are fat on the outside.
Its fabulous that some lazy people have potential. Hardly anyone ever gets to 100% of their potential. Its not intelligence to anyone else but the person himself if hes living a trash life, stressed out about it, and not changing anything. If he just doesnt care that could be okay as long as he isnt bothering anyone

It's the daily Dunning Kruger thread again. Brainlet NEETs thinking they are smart and that being intelligent is a bad thing.

>This is like saying someone is actually really skinny inside but because they eat a lot they are fat on the outside.

No it's not.

>the biology wiz kid who pins his entire self worth on the first impressions of some assholes in grade school telling me to get some perspective
I shouldnt be making you this upset by saying there are similarities among smart people with regards to social skills. Will you be alright?

Im really good at analogies even though I always make bad ones. Trust me.

Not my fault I recognised the worthless faggotry of normies and society when I was 12.

Attached: 1554421857554.png (409x480, 206K)

>Being smart can be a bit of a curse
You need to be pretty dumb to say something this retarded.

>intelligence is intrinsically linked to how useful you are to the current power structure
OOOOOH NO PLEASE STOP, DON'T START WITH THIS SHIT, I CAN'T HANDLE IT I CAN'T BREATHE NOOOO NOOO NOOOOOOOOOO NOOOOOOOOOOO

Attached: oh no no.png (605x381, 187K)

seriously. If you work a wagie job, you are only proving to the world that that is how much you think you are worth. If you instead take that time to focus on yourself, knowledge, skills, ambitions, hobbies, philosophies, relationships, etc you will have nearly infinite upside potential. Those thousands of hours will add up, and you will be better off because of it.

instead, people spend eight hours at work, two hours getting ready in the morning and traveling there, then spend the whole evening relaxing because they "worked so hard all day" and people actually take pride in the amount of time they are wasting.

bro I don't care if you make $250,000 a year, if you are dedicating 16 hours a day for 40 years just to work, then you deserve all the money you can get because nothing is going to make up for the amount of character that you have lost

Hmmmm no. Outcasts/loners aren't very numerous. I wouldn't say so rare that they're the only outcast at a place. But rare enough that maybe there's only 2-3 at anytime at one place.

If I hadn't found that one cool guy, I would probably stayed an outcast. You are thinking groups of nerds/geeks, those individuals who have a social group they belong to and also obsess over shit, these individuals are not a band of outcasts who've banded together, they are often pretty social already.

An outcast is a person who has been ostracized from every group.

>hes ironically typing in English as he says this on a popular social media website.
>he has trouble breathing when someone says something he agrees with but cant admit

>you've kept yourself there
>implying people choose to be intelligent

retard

Poor attempt at trolling.

If you were smart you'd not have put that last sentence in and choose a different image, though only a dumb ass would believe that it's what you know and not who you know in this day and age.

Even by that definition (and its wrong and stupid), a lot of people on r9k come here regularly and feel more comfortable and even socially active among the other people who have stories of multiple rejections. Theyve created a virtual in-group, and if you mean casted out of every local, physical group, theres always the option to relocate.

Haha yes. All sad people are idiots. Smart people all have rich, fulfilling lives, with endless success, and absolute peace/happiness. Everyone here except OP is a big dum-dum.

>w-well t-there's different kind of intelligence
Nice cope IQlet

Honestly you would be better off with that mentality than thinking you are to smart for society and never compromise your level of comfort in a lifestyle you hate. Its like yeah you could make more money, but at least you already have your lame idea of what intelligence means and you can talk shit about dum dums.

Anyway, yes successful people are definitively smarter than their competition over time where intelligence makes a difference.

>Even by that definition (and its wrong and stupid)
>says its wrong and stupid
>doesn't explain himself

>a lot of people on r9k come here regularly and feel more comfortable and even socially active among the other people who have stories of multiple rejections. Theyve created a virtual in-group.

Yeah no. Here's the the thing. Online interactions do not equal useable real life social skills. Alot of the fucks who come here can hardly be called outcasts. Shit if you know the history of the board, you know that leddit incels flooded this place after the shutdown of their place. There was a reason r9k used to be seen as the school shooter place rather then the incel place. As for the virtual in-group shit, it's not much of an in-group when a bunch fucktards can simply claim they're part of said in-group without embodying any said aspects, and there's not much anybody within the original group can do about said intrusion.

>and if you mean casted out of every local, physical group, theres always the option to relocate.
This is unrealistic, not everybody is capable of doing so, especially as a child.

I feel as if this is all just a way for you to feel superior. You have been condescendingly arrogant in every post you've put out thus far.

Try again in a real english sentence, absolutely no fucking clue what you're talking about nigger

>So you were the only outcast for all ages for everyone in your city?
Not him but I was the only kid who got bullied in my class, every year since middle school to the end of high school. There wasn't a single other one.

There is zero correlation between social success and intelligence.

That's the most retarded thing I have ever read. Just look at Jow Forums, a board full of socially unsuccessful men with low intelligence.

Student, that has a job, isn't broke and simply hates most of the people

God this fucking website is garbage. Literally nothing but bitter retards trying to make themselves feel better by insulting others.

This is all true and indisputable fact.

Unless you've been actually held back i.e. your mother not letting you socialize with anyone or some crazy psycho bullshit like that you have no reason to complain. If you really were smart you would have already had the world figured out at a very young age. If you simply "didn't pay attention because I was a kid", that means you're simply not intelligent by nature.