Is it possible to be genuinely happy/satisfied with life without a gf?

Is it possible to be genuinely happy/satisfied with life without a partner (gf)?
I mean, most of you are still young, but I wonder how bad it is in your late 20s or in your 30s/30+.

I could get a gf and sex if I wanted to but the thing is that I wouldn't be satisfied with any girl and I don't want to be manipulated by females and that's why I've been reading books, too, so I can learn more about human nature and stuff so I'd be more prepared to deal with difficult situations and not fuck up my life in the future because some girl decided to dump me. Besides, I feel like I have nothing to offer at the moment. I'm not an interesting person thus I don't deserve an interesting gf, but I'm working on becoming one.

I'm 20, btw.

Attached: lezmt_60834978_2693075337430254_8060917437161381130_n (1).jpg (720x720, 44K)

also 20 and with a gf here and honestly I wouldn't say getting a gf made life more happy than before. It just came to me now that I finally have a happy life honestly.

If anything I feel like I have less time to spend on the hobbies and projects that genuinely make me feel like I accomplish something that I now just spend on going to dates and having sex.

Maybe I'm just not completely satisfied with the fact that my gf doesn't have the same interests as me though, even though our personalities match well.

Everything that allegedly improves your life will create anxiety until you obtain it and yet will underdeliver when you finally achieve it.

Less planning. More enjoying things as they happen to come along. You will never feel quite "ready." Just keep reading if that's what keeps you around.

>Less planning
Do this OP.

no you can't.you may not care enough about women now but this will come back at you. if you "could get a gf", then what are you waiting for? go get your experience. it will be worth it just for the sex alone. and if you don't care for sex you are a faggot.

>If anything I feel like I have less time to spend on the hobbies and projects that genuinely make me feel like I accomplish something

As I said, could get a normal girl or have sex with a prostitute but that would be too easy and I wouldn't be satisfied. I've decided that I will not settle for less than what I think I'm capable of getting. I'll either die a kissless virgin or have an attractive, cute and nice gf. I have goals, but I just can't see myself enjoying my accomplishments without anyone by my side to share those moments in the future.

Attached: Caspar_David_Friedrich_-_Wanderer_above_the_sea_of_fog.jpg (2327x2980, 984K)

I had a gf, mediocre looking and not all too bright, which is probably why she ended up dating me. What I mean is that I ghosted her and a smarter one would have seen it coming. It was okay, but after a very short while I got sick of her and now am disgusted looking back on it. She kept being too touchy and asked annoying questions that indicated jealousy. So now I try to aim higher, no more uglies.

Yes, but you'll need to think indepedently for you to understand this.

is this kelly?

she a bit different

>So now I try to aim higher, no more uglies.
Based.
That's my whole point.
Never settle for less, my friend.

Attached: s-l1000.jpg (1000x1000, 187K)

yes it is.
many men and even boys discover that women ain't shit so when they actually decide to stop basing their self worth over what can they do for women to what can they do for themselves...they realize that solitude can be quite nice.

lezmt

11lllllllllllll

YES. its way better to be single. women are a fucking nuisance and just slow you down/ruin your day/etc

t. 28 year old who's fucked 50 roasters, 65 prostitutes, and had 2 relationships.

just be single, become rich, and fuck hookers

Saramanduiaaajoiu

A man's life can never be complete without the warmth of a woman's love.

It's always going to be shit no matter what you do. When you finally get a GF, you'll be anxious about something else / want something else. It's a hamster wheel and you can never win. There's days you'll be in grand denial, but sooner or later that misery will come creeping right back.

>Is it possible to be genuinely happy/satisfied with life without a gf?
nope
i need a female version of me

I have been single most of my 30s and it's been great. I get to do whatever the fuck I want and getting pussy is so easy whenever I feel like it.

>I've decided that I will not settle for less than what I think I'm capable of getting. I'll... die a kissless virgin

Fixed for you.

I'm 27 and was happy being single for the past 7 years, like "I have high standards, won't settle!"

Then in the past half year, I've been like, fuck that. I'm sick of eating dinner alone. I want to talk to somebody every day, and not through a text messenger. And I want to do stupid coupley things together like spend a weekend in wine country, go antiquing, and cuddle in a hot tub with a scenic view....

It feels like the next phase in my life. I got old.

>I mean, most of you are still young, but I wonder how bad it is in your late 20s or in your 30s/30+.
26 years old here, I feel like killing myself every day.

I don't think I could get a gf or sex to be honest, just because probably the least desirable thing in a possible male mate to a woman is to be a virgin. No one wants one.

I'm 29, never had a girlfriend, never wanted one. I have an active libido but I'm fine with masturbation, I don't have any desire to form a relationship with another person. I prefer living alone.

I have many different hobbies and interests to occupy my time, as well as personal ambitions. Right now my main goal is to buy a house before I'm 40. That will help me achieve many of my other goals, which are about setting up my life the way I want to live it.

I can't predict the future though. It may be that when I'm in my 30s I suddenly feel the need for a soul mate or whatever, I can't imagine it right now but a lot of men change as they approach middle age and want somebody to share their life with. If that happens, I want to already be in a place of comfort. I figured out what that is and I'm working toward it.

been single for about 2 years, I'm way happier now than i ever was with my ex-fiance or any of my more casual relationships. just my personal experience but to answer your question, yes, it's very much possible.

a girl friend isn't something you possess, it's someone you enjoy time with for a while. i feel like if society at large was just more honest and casual about the whole thing there wouldn't be so much crazy heartbreaking cheating and shit like that.

I'm a literal sperg and I hardly ever feel the desire to get a gf, and I feel confident and complete without one. Maybe I'm just retarded.

How would she possibly know...?

If you wanna kill yourself because no pussy you might as well just do it. I'm gonna spoil you hard on pussy: it's not worth living for if that's your only reason to live. Just kill yourself now and spare yourself the agony.

this, a female version of myself would be ideal

people aren't even happy WITH a gf bro

By telling her? Why wouldn't I be honest to my potential mate?

Being 30, single and no partner in life to have a family with is like living in a void where no one can see you
Sure I know the younger kids don't want kids and that some my age or even older don't want them either but I do.. yet I cannot have that because no one wants to be with me, that .. is suffering

If you're not like, "I could marry her," then lying will get you over that hump.
And if you do consider her long-term, most women aren't gonna ask you how many girls you've slept with out of the blue. So, why bring your virginity up unsolicited? At that point, it's just a self-sabotaging excuse. Honestly even if she's wife material there are ways to get out of the "what's your #" question without explicitly lying. Just be reasonable about it and don't make it an excuse.

>there are ways to get out of the "what's your #" question without explicitly lying
Fucking how?

Yes, of course it's perfectly possible. I want women in my life because I enjoy them and love them. Not because I need them.

>Is it possible to be genuinely happy/satisfied with life without a partner (gf)?

I think it is, but you have to have the kind of passion and success in another area of life, like science or art, that is out of reach for most people.

You don't even need that, you just need to be capable of happiness and contentment by yourself, anything you can focus on to be happy will work. I was super depressed in my teens because my dad died when I was 12. I lost all my friends in middle school because of how socially withdrawn I became, my grades tanked and I barely graduated middle school. In high school though, I started to get into anime. I made friends through anime club. It was just a dumb escapist hobby, but it was something to focus on outside of myself, and it helped pull me out of my malaise.

Now, more than 10 years after graduating high school, I still love anime. It's a big part of my life. I also read manga and light novels. I have other interests as well, like creative writing and drawing, but those interests only really started to take off after I found a way to pull myself out of depression and found something to live for.

I think probably the biggest reason I end up a board like Jow Forums is because I can say "anime is my reason for living" which most normies laugh at or call pathetic. Yet compared to most of Jow Forums I'm a well-adjusted adult because I'm not depressed and generally like the direction my life is going. It doesn't have to be anime, but be willing to try things normies say isn't "real happiness" or make fun of you for liking. Disregarding what normies claim is real happiness was the best decision I ever made.

Turn the question around.
"Why do you ask?"
"What difference does it make?"
"That's a pretty personal question."
etc. frame it such that, she doesn't have a right to know about your sex life, so she should prove that she has a legitimate reason for knowing. Then if she gives a reason, turn the discussion around to the legitimacy of that reason, rather than your sex life.

Not telling lies != disclosing truths that don't do good for anyone.

>I'm not an interesting person thus I don't deserve an interesting gf, but I'm working on becoming one.
I'm 23 and I feel the same way. I never had a gf or had sex or been kissed. Personally, I am ok with it because there are some advantages to being single. It's easy to save money when you don't have to pay for expensive dates, Nothing is distracting me from Uni so I can go full time and still get good grades and once I graduate I can take a job wherever I want without worrying about my gf and her career or schooling. Get your life on track before you drag someone else's life into it.

Girlfriends come after success. They wait for you at the finish lines of life. Boys love romantically. Girls love pragmatically. This is life.

I'n the same way it;s possible to be happy and satisfied without legs? Sure

Wouldn't she be able to infer that I were a virgin just from my refusal to tell the truth?

This is how I feel. I never had a girlfriend or had any kind of intimate contact with a woman. I am 28. I think I am unworthy of being loved.

It is, it just is a lot harder
You can find your true calling in life, climb to the elite level on your field, trascend the mundane constraints or devote yourself to a woman.
The reason why most of us pick the last is obvious, hell even people who achieve some of these things find a woman enhances their lives even more, but its doable in theory.

its not about the gf its about the validity of being worthy of the sex

You don't need a true calling at all, that's just doing the same thing you're doing with sex except with self actualization. You're putting it on this pedestal where you can't reach it for no reason. Nobody can tell you how to feel content, you have to set your own goals. Realizing you have the power to set your own goals is, apparently, an uncommon ability. Most people seem locked into a mindset where everything is determined for them and they have no say.

>I'll either die a kissless virgin or have an attractive, cute and nice gf
It really depends what you consider attractive/cute and what your threshold with "normal" is, but this is seriously just a situation of standards being too high.
Not saying you should be with someone you have no attraction to or someone who isn't kind, but just how you're speaking in this post signals that you want your dream girl and nothing less. And unfortunately, your dream girl doesn't exist.
All human relationships, platonic/familial/romantic/etc, will involve conflict. Conflicting personality traits, conflicting views.

If you compare being a virgin to be a cripple you have terrible self esteem issues that having sex will never fix.

>Is it possible to be genuinely happy/satisfied with life without a gf?
not it's not, loneliness is a horrible thing, even the idea of one, is infinitely better than having noone.

>If anything I feel like I have less time to spend on the hobbies and projects that genuinely make me feel like I accomplish something that I now just spend on going to dates and having sex.
Fucking this! Been going out with my first gf for about 3 months now and this is the biggest change I'd say. I love her, but it does get tiring having someone to text every single day. I have a LOT less free time than I did. Comes with the territory I suppose, but didn't think it would be like this. But at least my gf and I have a lot in common, including interests. Just wish she was more of a hardcore gamer. She pretty much just plays nintendo games

Attached: 1558624506584.png (375x524, 194K)

>Is it possible to be genuinely happy/satisfied with life without a partner
It's definitely possible to be unhappy without one. Why do you think the "married, but hate my other" is such a meme in American culture?

Late 20s, dropped out of college to go into business with my best bud. Everything is going well, it's blue collar but I genuinely like it and my co-worker is of course my best friend. The worst part of my life is dating. Women my age dismiss me because of my work. Younger ones don't want to be tied down. I guess it doesn't help I live and work in a well off area, all the women are pretty much highpowered or prospected to be so. I don't advertise I come from money and have money though, I live modest and save money to travel while young and retire early. I just have no one to travel with. Sad times when a well off normie lurks this board.

Sure user. Go be a monk and meditate your life away. It'll help you find peace that transcends circumstance. It's not for everyone though.
>I don't want to be manipulated by females and that's why I've been reading books,
Ah, I see you are of the autism. I'm sorry to say, life and relationships are messy, but not all women are the same or would even come close to mistreating you in that way. Women are people, and there are plenty who are down to earth and just want a nice stable relationship with someone.
>I feel like I have nothing to offer at the moment.
Well that's an issue. You're looking at relationships the wrong way. It's not a bargain or a transaction. It's just about companionship and genuinely enjoying each other, regardless of your worth or what you can offer.
>I'm not an interesting person thus I don't deserve an interesting gf
See you are trying to fit yourself into the mold of an ideal partner and that's just not going to work. Women don't want "ideal partner #23". They want another person with their own identity, life, goals, dreams, etc. Don't try to be the ideal man to fit someone else's life. Be the best version of yourself because that's how you want to live your life.

Yes it's possible. Just look at the monks of tibet. They have separated themselves from nearly all worldly desires. Any normal person can do without a romantic partner and the obtaining one should never be your litmus test for happiness.

ahem, I think you might notice that intimate relationships is below esteem on the triangle.

Attached: 800px-Maslow's_Hierarchy_of_Needs.svg.png (800x600, 103K)

No, because when women ask you how many girls you slept with, it's not a virgin test (and many women won't ask that question at all.) Typically it's because they're insecure about thinking they're "slutty" if her number is higher than yours, or feeling like it's not a serious relationship if you've had a lot more sex than her. Whether you're a virgin or had a ton of sex, you're fucked unless you've had exactly as many partners as she has, or unless you reassure her that it doesn't matter. And it's quite possible that reassurance is all she wants out of the interaction.

To be frank I don't know. What I'm looking for is near unconditional love; just like what my parents feel for me. I don't think I could get that with just friends.

What I've learnt is that friends are fickle.

>wish she was more of a hardcore gamer.
No you don't. My first wife wouldn't stop playing MMOs to even bother with basic housework. Hardcore gamers are gross.

>Is it possible to be genuinely happy

No.

Faggots overrate happiness.