Creative General

Post your creative writing, songs, art, anything you want. I didn't see one posted today so I figured I would make one myself.

Here's something that I made just today after fucking around in Audacity for a bit:
clyp.it/rokevh4p

Attached: 1559185398446.jpg (960x960, 124K)

Other urls found in this thread:

manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/bionic/man1/asciiart.1.html
anonfile.com/8fc4T2t8n5/lainzine03_pdf
instaud.io/3KwR
pastebin.com/raw/FWvYa1u4
soundcloud.com/agras/sets/music-ive-made
youtube.com/watch?v=AGaPTLaD9wo
youtube.com/watch?v=mxAxHbKU3Wk
youtube.com/watch?v=UZmBGMOsQtk
soundcloud.com/whydogswhy/bread-revamped-v1
soundcloud.com/urio903/4evasuffering
youtube.com/watch?v=qxmoX9BXP6c
youtube.com/watch?v=P1-ZnyOdmTo
youtube.com/watch?v=Q7cKi_FhAPM
soundcloud.com/big_blue_bazooka/constanze
soundcloud.com/big_blue_bazooka/platinum-disco-cover
youtube.com/watch?v=ZlNHlp1y-dY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Pretty dang comfy user. I like to make glitch art in audacity sometimes. Neat program.

Attached: IMG_7206.jpg (1333x2000, 493K)

Would you mind posting some?

Sure user, Ive posted them before in these threads I think.

Attached: LAINLAINLAIN.png (558x801, 1.19M)

This one was made with asciiart: manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/bionic/man1/asciiart.1.html

Attached: L O V E L A I N.jpg (1073x956, 1.16M)

They're nice. The first Lain picture is very cool.

Glitched a photo I took with gimp and audacity.

Attached: 20160520_200854.jpg (1366x768, 1.04M)

Thanks user. This lainzine has basic instructions if you wanna give it a go: anonfile.com/8fc4T2t8n5/lainzine03_pdf

Attached: 20150626_223256.jpg (2000x1125, 651K)

i just finished this, hooray

Attached: sagiri56.png (1402x1262, 1.14M)

It's very well drawn. Do you have any other works?

That turned out fantastic user. The hair and t-shirt in particular. I like that you threw the stuffies in there.

Attached: mpv-shot0271.jpg (1280x720, 167K)

Spectacular

I'm gonna go to sleep. Staring to feel really tired, friends.

OP out.

That looks pretty cool. I would really like to see more of these edits made by you, user

Thanks fren. Taking photos gets me out of the house more. Id recommend it to any recovering hikki.

Attached: 20160520_201241.jpg (1366x768, 1003K)

Bizzumpa

this sounds like trash, I wrote it a long time ago, the guitar sound sucks ass and I am working on remaking the piece but I was curious what you guys thought of it, I honestly think it's complete trash, the lyrics are cringe but I was trying to write about r9k robots being ignored mostly by society. I don't even have anyone to sing the lyrics so I had to use a piano track instead, they start at 2:17 and it's the loud piano, you'd have to follow along. I would sing if I could but I have autism voice. The whole thing sucks dick but I don't even know what to do with it besides delete it and kms.

instaud.io/3KwR
lyrics: pastebin.com/raw/FWvYa1u4

im gonna regret posting this but whatever.

soundcloud.com/agras/sets/music-ive-made
This is some rap ive made pls be nice. or dont and tear me a new one i get it often...

comfy looks great user

Bumparino my dudes, wanna see more art!

Attached: 1478064231638.jpg (1280x720, 31K)

give yourself more credit. Its got a sort of castlevania vibe.

Attached: 1478590318630.png (463x425, 18K)

I draw ms paint stuff

Attached: JIM.png (385x564, 12K)

This is a story I am writing hope you guys like it. Give me feedback back and tips please

It was a warm spring night in carroway city. The rain had just stopped, but the air was still humid, perhaps it was steam from the puddles against the hot road
Micheal Tult leaned against the wet brick wall outside of the pub. The hum of the neon sign broadcasted down the small side street under the gargantuan metropolis, resonating with the chirping of the chrickets and the cicadas. He listened and savored the ambient sounds of the life around him.
" They say that the city is alive,"said Mary," that the sway of the skyscrapers is just the breathing of this concrete collosus."
Micheal took a draw of the thick soupy air," long time no see, old friend." He slowly replied.
Mary scoffed," Am I really just an old friend to you now? What about the years we spent at eachothers side? And what about tha-"
" We don't talk about that night, wasn't that part of the agreement" Micheal interrupted.
"R-right" Mary softly said.
The bartender opened the door and told them that they were closing and that they would have to leave.
"Huh... How convenient!" Mary chimed, "Now you can invite me over to your house." Micheal contemplated for a second, looked at Mary, gave a very concerned ecpression, looked around, then signaled Mary to follow him.

show us! I wanna see what youy can do

ralph from classic rampage

Attached: RALPH.png (658x626, 23K)

painting of a thing in my house i did for my painting homework

Attached: vase.jpg (704x939, 184K)

"So what do you do for a job?" Micheal piped up.
"I work as beurocrat." Mary responded.
Micheal hesitated to take the next step but continued onward, keeping his eyes on the alleyways they were walking down. "How's that going for you." Micheal coldly said as he tried around to look behind him. "Oh it's fine,"Mary said" but I have to have this stupid implant for ' medical reasons'." Micheal looked at her left arm, and there he could see a faint 'T' implant in her forearm. Suddenly a noise came from the garbage cans at the end of the alley, followed by audible scurrying. The two reached Micheals flat, and Micheal opened the multiple locks he had on his door. They stepped into the apartment; the air was cold and damp, and the walls were cracked and stained from years of a slow drip from a pipe above.

Interesting prose! I especially like the alliteration in concrete colossus

dang thats in paint?

>me and friend sing/rap once a week
>one of the few things keeping me grounded

www.soundcloud.com/lilmisxo/like-melly

yeah, just draw with the mouse and then color it in after a thick outline. it's pretty easy. that's why it looks the way it does

Attached: MUTANTBUZZ.png (300x328, 15K)

>>
Ill listen to yours if youd listen to mine!

Thats dope af, do you zoom in tight or do large stokes?

zoom in very close. First I do a rough looking sketch of what I sort of want to do, then I zoom in and thicken the lines and erase anything I need to change. Then just add color with the paint bucket, and boom. Done

Attached: REDNECK.png (523x561, 21K)

well im quite impressed by the skill. I couldn't do that with a pen or pencil so the fact that you do it with a mouse is insane to me.

Thank you, I appreciate that. I think its easy to me because I have legit been doing it for 10+ years. Back when I first started drawing I was poor so I didn't have anything. I just adapted to using the mouse and paint. This is what they look like before I clean them up

Attached: REDMINOTAUR.png (1400x1216, 529K)

as weird as it sounds it looks clean even if its rough haha

Holy crap that sounds great!, way better than mine i think =(

Happy to hear you say that. Means I'm not doing too awfully :) Someone on /vr/ wanted this one

Attached: QBERT.png (640x616, 16K)

I listened to bongrips, the beat was great, the flow was great, the lyrics were kinda nonsensical at times. I think if you polished those and watched some recording tutorials you'd be great (using layers and takes every couple lines instead of one continuous one works wonders)

thanks for the feedback, cant lie the lyrics were adlibbed

Two little films I made:

youtube.com/watch?v=AGaPTLaD9wo

youtube.com/watch?v=mxAxHbKU3Wk

And something I just shot with my new camera:

youtube.com/watch?v=UZmBGMOsQtk

I'm working on a full-length 80+ minute film right now, I don't think the jews will purchase it from me so I'll probably just post it to YouTube. Making this stuff is a really good cope for me.

I love qbert

I'll message you on Soundcloud if you wanna work together

sick please do

Hey user, this is actually some pretty good shit, in terms of writing mostly. I'd say that you made a good job from whatever you had available.
It could use a chorus and a bit of cuts here and there in the second part of the song. The second part also needs a bit more energy.
Lyrics are great desu. It only sounds corny if the reader knows what you're writing about, but you did a good job at making them captivating.
Would you mind dropping me your contact so i could perhaps help you out in working on this anytime soon?

Attached: IMG_20190604_093217.png (496x283, 236K)

"Christ, its like noone has been here for months." Mary commented
All Micheal had to say was "Hmph, I guess."
Mary asked, "Its like you don't live here mic-" "Shhh." Micheal hushed. "Give me your phone." He wispered, motioning for her to approach. Confused, Mary takes a few steps closer to Micheal and hands her phone to him.
"Mic-" Mary called again, but was hushed once more by Micheal. "Don't say my name." He mouthed silently at Mary. Micheal picked at a slot on Mary's phone for a few more seconds until finally the screen popped off and the circuitry folded out for maintenance. Micheal pulled out an electrical device and held it to a chip in the phone. After about two seconds, the device chirped and the chip burst into Sparks and flames, leaving a faint outline of where it was embedded, along with a small pile of Ash.

What are you-" Mary said alarmingly, however, Micheal quickly silenced her. He leaned into her ear and silently spoke, " do not move, do not make a sound, we are being watched right now, and we are not alone. Slowly and silently, give me your arm." He said whilst pointing to her left arm. She obliged and held out her arm with the implant facing up. Micheal took out a tube of gel and rubbed it on her skin. Mary had seen it before, it was steri-quick local anesthetic and sterilizer, it was top dollar stuff, only accessible by the rich and powerful. Within seconds Mary had lost feeling in her arm, and Micheal took out the scalpel.

Feedback appreciated :> all, good or bad.

Attached: IMG_20190602_182825.jpg (911x1214, 334K)

Best threads on r9k right here.

hey, i just got that on cassette.

Damnit i want feedback bump reeeeee

Someone recommend me a good free art/editing software. Is SAI still free?

It's spelled Michael. Js that sticks out like a sore thumb.

that's the best picture I've seen in years where did you find it

>that .jpg
Atleast someone is doing something with their time.

soundcloud.com/whydogswhy/bread-revamped-v1

I got a mic for my birthday so I redid a song I'd made a while ago with the new mic...
The song is about a guy who wants to eat Bread really bad and i guess the genre is Indie

Attached: images - 2019-03-17T151219.554.jpg (450x380, 23K)

Um pretty sure that nigga is a columbine survivor

This is well made. Good job.

A tiny bit unrelated, but my best (and only ) friend wants to start a band and he's already rounded up a bassist and a drummer (he's going to sing and I'm on guitar duty) so all I have to do is show up. Thing is, I'm mostly into stuff like rock and roll, punk, and grunge, but these dudes he's rounded up are metalcore faggots, so I'm having second thoughts on joining this band. Normally, I wouldn't care about whether someone likes music I don't like or whatever, but I'm going to be making music with these guys and I don't want them shitting up my ideas with angsty, screamo garbage.

Thank you for the feedback :D

It legit sounds professional.

Really well done. Loved the progression of the song in the beginning specifically. However my one criticism would be the song almost falls victim to sounding like (and this is more likely personal preference) the vocals are slapped on, if you know what I mean. To me, this song sounds like an instrumental with vocals added to it almost unnecessarily. They don't seem to add much to the song. With that said I DID enjoy the layering of the voices towards the end of the song while the music kicked up. Overall very professional sounding work would like to hear more.

Bumpity bump

Bumpty bumpty bump, bumpty bump

Bump

Must be because of the mic haha

Wow, thanks for the detailed review user
Do you have any advice as to how I can make it seem like the vocals are a natural blend with the song and not make it seem like a karaoke?

Being honest I have no idea how this music stuff works, I was just sharing how the song made me feel. But if it were me, I would probably just start strictly with lyrics, and however those lyrics make you feel, build the song around them. If that makes sense. Unless perhaps that is what you did initially, in which case, I have no clue.

In all honesty, I started out with the instrumentals first. I was intending this to be a song reminiscing about an old love since that's the kind of vibe I was feeling while making the instrumentals. But then I realised I was unable to make any lyrics because I don't particularly have any notable experiences with love so the writing would be very half assed. I was wondering what kind of stuff I was experienced about and while having toasted bread for breakfast I decided to make the song about having bread.

Most musicians start out writing the music and a lot of the time don't even have any theme in mind for what the lyrics will even be.
The musicians who write lyrics first are more like literature musicians for things like singer/songwriter.

>people as young as 15 have art that gets featured on the front page of deviantart
>they draw stuff that's all style and no real skill put into it
>because of their popularity they got a shit ton of commissions
>they also shout memes all the time and are generally a prick except to their circlejerk
It's not fair bros

Attached: 1531822562473.jpg (1095x1195, 343K)

>Deviantart

That's your problem

where should i do art then

really comfy aswell

it looks intersting

i really like those lines you did over it

Here is my latest track:
soundcloud.com/urio903/4evasuffering

Attached: 1558541347928.jpg (320x320, 27K)

Man I sure love the new look for sonic.

these threads are the only reason i even come to r9k anymore

OP here

I added more to my song that I made in the original post, if anyone is interested. I got a good night's rest and got some more ideas.

Not that user, but twitter is seemingly where it's at these days. Deviantart is only engaging if you're extremely good, or 15.

Attached: rer2.png (407x483, 346K)

Both of which are mutually exclusive

Yep, and past that age the community just becomes too draining to deal with.

I was considering Twitter as one option for my art. But I tend to update art sporadically instead of regularly, and the Twitter userbase personally isn't my cup of tea. But it is like what you said, it's pretty popular these days, and more followers give me more motivation to work on art more
I do have a Twitter account, so I might post something on there and see what people think. Any tips for a first post?

Post something you've been working on and put it under the #artistsontwitter tag or something. We could follow you too. Some of us have twitter accounts.

Dw user, just post anything. Pretty much nobody will see your first few posts anyway.
t. 1 day of twitter experience

you could try pixiv.
also whatever the platform, it is gonna be very hard to spread your art if you are new, twitter is probably a good option and tumblr (if you do lewd art I;m not sure if it's still banned from there), even if the userbase is generally cancer you need someway to spread your stuff.

is this all sampling?

You should also try a real DAW instead of audacity, will be much easier, efficient and give access to a lot of things you can't do in audacity.

It's all sampling. I'm still adding onto it right now but I'm doing it all very roughly, still in Audacity. What DAW would you recommend? I have FL Studio but I hardly use that since I'm more accustomed to Audacity.

an idea i had
youtube.com/watch?v=qxmoX9BXP6c
and a recent song implication I made
youtube.com/watch?v=P1-ZnyOdmTo
going thru the thread now if u want me to post feedback hit me up

Ableton is very good and very easy to use, it is what I use and Its fantastic especially since audacity doesn't work with 99% of VST.

By that I mean you can use all kinds of great plugins and instruments that don't work with audacity.

Is it good for snapping audio clips together? The problem I keep having with Audacity is that the samples go deep into the thousandth's of milliseconds and only show, when I look at the length of the clips it only shows the hundredths... So even when i scale the clip to the appropriate 00:00:00 length it still isn't quite correctly snapped.

Maybe I'm just making this more difficult for myself than it has to be.

I kind of figured, lol. Ah well, I'll just keep on posting art daily until I posted all my recent stuff.
I haven't really thought of Pixiv actually. It has been getting more popular these days too
I would make a Tumblr account, but my last blog (just a fandom blog) had all my posts not appear when I search the tags for them. I could only see them on search mode by disabling Safesearch.
I don't do NSFW art, so getting followers on any platform won't be easy. But I like drawing anime and cute things so I guess that's something people life

yes you can snap everything to a fraction of a note.You can also transpose and change tempo of clips and if set to "complex" transposing you wont even notice any kind of audio clipping or artifacting from the conversion.

Just a pic from my what I'm working on right now to give an example of what it's like.

Attached: Untitled.png (1920x1050, 216K)

I'll look into that. I appreciate it greatly, user!

>Here's some music and art I made

youtube.com/watch?v=Q7cKi_FhAPM

>Pic related is a Naruto commission I drew recently

Love Lain
Good stuff

Looks good, I like the poster on the wall

I've heard worse, I can tell you're having fun

I like it, especially the colors. Props, painting is hard, especially trad since you need to know how to mix paints and not fuck up constantly

This one is sick, great job paint user

Has some of that lil peep-esque nostalgic pop punk/2000's emo melody going on, I can dig it, thought it sounds like one of your mics is peaking some.

Pretty good singing and production and seeing as I've stopped eating bread because I'm trying to lose weight, I relate to this immensely

Very quaint original content here friend. I like the repetitive tinkling bell melody and trappy percussion changes a lot, it's an ethereal feel

I'll write up some criticism for these in just a bit. I've gotten into writing more recently and I've learned a lot I can impart that would help, I think

Attached: Naruto Commission sml.png (1200x1009, 792K)

Been working on silk painting lately, pretty comfy desu

Attached: 20190604_113944.jpg (1605x1498, 1.41M)

soundcloud.com/big_blue_bazooka/constanze
>European folk
>instrumental

soundcloud.com/big_blue_bazooka/platinum-disco-cover
>anime
>cover
>indie

Attached: perfect_symmetry.png (1648x940, 1.11M)

>soundcloud.com/big_blue_bazooka/constanze
Would be genuinely great with vocals, right now it's good but seems like it's missing something

Here again
>Pic related is just some more of my art

Keep in mind that I'm not an expert nor do I pretend to be. Also don't be discouraged from writing because of criticism, every writer writes like a 1000 awful sentences for every good one.

>It was a warm night in Carroway City.

For any story you tell, you really wanna consider your opening sentence.

I know hyper-focus on superficial things like the name of your story or what the very first page says can seem cheesy or of little consequence, but they are the first things that introduce the reader to your story.
If they don't hook the reader in, chances are that the reader will drop the story very quickly.
Describing scenery or especially the weather, time of day or the season is cliche and is not a good starting point.
You want to write things that are ESSENTIAL to telling your story.
Does this first sentence represent the 'spirit' of your entire story? Is it representitive of the theme of your story?
Another thing that's wrong with this opening is that it involves no conflict or even a promise of conflict.
Conflict is the heart of any dramatic story, because conflict is the catalyst for change in characters.
A dramatic story is essentially just: character thinks X > character is faced with conflict, which challenges their belief in X > character overcomes conflict and changes, no longer thinking X but now Y.
So essentially, character developtment through the resolution of conflict. Remember that conflict can be EXTERNAL or INTERNAL and you have to use both kinds of conflict for proper character development.

Attached: ack sml.png (1000x1000, 506K)

Too bad I can't sing.

>"They say that the city is alive,"said Mary," that the sway of the skyscrapers is just the breathing of this concrete collosus."
Hmmm... cool imagery, but no, nobody probably 'says that.'

Okay so, when writing dialogue keep realism in mind.
Completely realistic dialogue is BORING, but unless you're going for some kind of self-aware cheese fest, avoid writing overly dramatic and artifical dialogue like this, especially at moments of calm like the opening here where there's no established conflict and nothing dramatic is actually happening. This line might also make sense if her character is a philosopher or a prophet or something, but she's clearly not, having read further.
If you don't get what I mean by cheesy lines, watch this:
youtube.com/watch?v=ZlNHlp1y-dY

>Mary scoffed," Am I really just an old friend to you now? What about the years we spent at eachothers side? And what about tha-"
>" We don't talk about that night, wasn't that part of the agreement" Micheal interrupted.
>"R-right" Mary softly said.

Okay here's our first conflict. The characters are established to have a saucy history, one that the stoic Michael isn't too keen to discuss.
You could have had her argue, be insistent, and thus created a proper back and forth to display their personalities and how they deal with an argument.
Instead she just kind of shuts up immediately after getting so annoyed initially? Her personality doesn't seem consistent, unlike Michael's hard-boiled act.

>The bartender opened the door and told them that they were closing and that they would have to leave.
Here was another opportunity for conflict, but instead the scene changes without much happening.
>"Huh... How convenient!" Mary chimed, "Now you can invite me over to your house." Micheal contemplated for a second, looked at Mary, gave a very concerned expression, looked around, then signaled Mary to follow him.
Intrigue?

I tried to write 1950's style life lessons with names like Debbie Downer, Negative Nancy, Nervous Nelly, Pessimist Patty, Sassy Susan and Annoying Andy.

Pessimist Patty & Optimist Oliver

Pessimist Patty and Optimist Oliver were both given the same homework assignment. It was a challenging assignment, but so long as they both applied themselves they would be able to get it done.

However Pessimist Patty's pessimism prevented her from applying herself. She kept thinking about everything that could go wrong, fretting all the lost time and eventually simply gave up.

Optimist Oliver, however, kept looking at the glass half full. Anytime he thought about all the work ahead of him he immediately recognized all the work he had completed thus far. He kept applying himself and eventually completed the assignment

Hardworking Harry & Lazy Lou
Hardworking Harry and Lazy Lou were both students at the same High School. Hardworking Harry took take to dot every i and cross every t in whatever assignment he had. Whenever he completed one he looked it over and upon seeing the quality of his work it filled him with pride.

Lazy Lou on the other hand did the bare minimum. He was simply satisfying the requirements of the course and he didn't give a second thought to the quality.

As time went on Hardworking Harry kept putting more and more effort into his work while Lazy Lou kept putting in less and less. Hardworking Harry's grades improved while Lazy Lou's grades slipped.

Eventually Hardworking Harry got into a good college and made a lot of money while Lazy Lou didn't get accepted into any colleges and had to work for minimum wage.

>Suddenly a noise came from the garbage cans at the end of the alley, followed by audible scurrying.
Then what? They didn't react whatsoever?
I'd call this non-interactive foreshadowing. It's just there to tell the reader that something is happening, but it isn't really integrated into the scene very well and is just kind of floated there as something for later.
Could be done better, is what I'm saying.

>The two reached Micheals flat, and Micheal opened the multiple locks he had on his door.
Now this is good. This is characterization through living environment. The multiple locks tell the reader that Michael is a very careful and private man, that he's afraid of something or someone breaking into his apartment enough that he needs those locks, and on a more psychological level, he has trouble 'letting people in.'
It's a good and important visual.
You need this kind of characterization for the woman too.

That's all. I hope that helps you some. Your prose and imagery itself is pretty good, keep writing!