Did anyone else have a really autistic dad?

Did anyone else have a really autistic dad?

>never encouraged me to do sports
>If I found a hobby I was interested in, like playing the piano or sailing he'd never be willing to spend any money on it despite having plenty of cash
>made me learn piano on a shitty keyboard that didn't even have a full set of keys and wondered why I got bored of it
>let me do a few lessons learning how to sail, but refused to spend any further money and was too lazy to take me to do it anywhere beyond this one tiny lake and then wondered why I got bored.
>only ever interested in pushing me into autistic hobbies he enjoyed
>tried to pressure me to program in C at age 8
>tried to pressure me to get into ham radio at age 10
>told me I had to learn morse code before he'd buy me garry's mod at age 12 (I learned it up to about 16 letters, where he then bought it for me, I then never did it ever again)
>now complains that I was a lazy kid who never wanted to do anything
>goes on big baby boomer rants about how back in his day he used to go out and climb on rooves and shit with his friends, absolutely refuses to acknowledge the fact that as a kid he lived in a wealthy area, whereas he brought me up in an urban shithole (not because we were too poor to live elsewhere but literally just because he was too cheap to buy a house anywhere else) where people get stabbed on the regular.

He wasn't a bad dad, but I feel his autism really didn't do me any favours.

Attached: 1434565105343.jpg (172x232, 15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8Rm1J-g2enk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No point saying it here. Tell it to him.

i would love to have a dad with who i could program. Mine left when i was a kid

Nah that'd be pointless, he's too arrogant to listen and the damage is done already.

>me and my sibling misbehave
>we're around 7 or 8
>Vietnam vet dad gets mad and throws us outside, telling us the 'Shadow Man' will get us
>we freak out and start pounding on the door
>a minute later he opens the door
>we're finally being let back in!
>he dashes that ray of hope by gleefully whispering 'Shadow Man' before closing the door back shut
>mfw still traumatized

If you had gone along with the "program in C" thing you might have had an escape route from being a loser, though.

In general, dads know if there is any point whatsoever in getting their son to play sports. Even autistic dads. If you were going to be a jock, your dad would have found a way to make that happen for you. But he probably looked at you and knew you were a sperg and tried to help you get into sperg things so you could at least benefit from your autism a little.

I don't have autism, I've never had any issue reading people and don't enjoy weird autistic hobbies like that. It was more a case of it being something he enjoyed so he felt that I too should also enjoy it.

>tfw no awesome creative Stephen King dad to scare me with creepy stories and well-timed whispers

>Didn't play sports
>Posts on Jow Forums
>"NUH UH I NOT NO SPERG!!!"

Yeah OK

I'm here because my life got ruined by other people, nothing to do with autism.
Most kids get encouragement to do that kind of shit when they're younger and their parents go out of their way to help them. The ones without parents like that usually just end up amounting to nothing because they get shit all guidance when they're younger. I've seen the same happen to others for the same reasons.

Expecting your 6 year old to magically turn into a prodigy without any guidance is fucking dumb as hell, but then he never really understood how people work and is fucking dreadful at telling when people aren't interested in the same things he is.

My dad wanted to raise me in a "spartan way".

To give you an example this is how I learned how to ride a bike:

>be 7 years old
>dad drives me to a small parking lot
>tells me to learn how to ride a bike
>literally just stands there and berates me
>I try and fall countless times
>"we're not leaving until you learn"
>takes me a few hours but I get it at some point
>get no sense of satisfaction in learning how to ride a bike, only in the fact that he will stop berating me and drive me home

Other fun shit included doing hundreds to thousands of bodyweight squats for spilling a drink in a cafe, mispronouncing words or forgetting to close my room door.

Fuck you sailing is not an autistic hobby! but it probably made you nervous which is why you quit.
video related:
youtube.com/watch?v=8Rm1J-g2enk

You just sound like a complaining little bitch. your dad was willing to fork out money for you to take sailing lessons, most likely because you showed some interest in that shit, but soon after Im sure you decided it wasn't for you or you were just a lazy fuck, yet you still blame your dad on stopping paying for your lessons. Maybe you should have gotten yourself a job taught yourself how to sail. Or is that to autistic for you?
Holy shit he wanted to teach you ham radio and C programing at a young age! You're just an ungrateful son. If you were my son, I would have fucking abandoned you at a young age. You deserve nothing but extreme poverty for the rest of your days.

>My dad wanted to raise me in a ""spartan way"".

Same. My dad did the same things you mentioned for sports like basketball and the like. Not only that, i never had that many life choices and had to grow up being bullied and manipulated due to the learned helplessness that already came from a borderline abusive family life.

I didn't say sailing was, I actually enjoyed sailing but he couldn't be arsed helping me pursue it because it was too much effort for him. I actually really enjoyed sailing and wish I could have taken it further.

These things are a combination of nature and nurture. Trust me, if you're in a spot where you didn't play sports and post on this shitty imageboard you at least had a good tendency to become a sperg even if it was others who pushed you over the line.

>Dad had autistic obsession with wood
>Literally obsessed with hoarding it
>Would make me go with him to construction sites after dark and we would spend an hour going through the trash piles looking for pieces of wood
>Constantly purchased wood from Lowes that he would do nothing with
>When people he knew would have construction work done at their houses he would offer to take the debris away for free just so he could have the old wood
>Our property was covered in piles of wood
>He just left it sitting outside for years so it would get wet and covered in black mold
>He would do house repairs with his moldy wood and the mold would make us all sick
>Got mad when anyone complained
>So much wood on the property that he used it to build three sheds so that he could safely store his wood
>Within five years all the sheds had collapsed because he used the shitty wood to build them
>Threw some of it away once because it was falling apart in my hands, when he found out he lost his mind and screamed at me
>After he died we paid for dumpsters to get rid of all the wood. Took four dumpsters to clear the property

There's more to being a sperge than just not doing sports. They literally miss jokes and can't read emotions, obsess over random crap, while I've never had any of these traits.

I wish I had a dad pressuring me to learn C at 8. Now I'm 28 and when I try to learn programming I can't take any of it in. Gotta learn shit young.

Hahahahaha you should have built his coffin out of the moldy wood that would have been the ultimate revenge

> autistic mom
> no friends, only interested in meditation and horses
> weirded out all my friends by staring at them in silence instead of saying hello
> orders 6L of butternut squash soup and a box of splenda on the internet every week for 10+ yrs
> now has entire 5'x4' cabinet full of butternut squash soup and splenda, is still ordering more

Sounds like how my dad was, except he did nothing
>apparently when i was a baby my dad would play video games to calm me down
>ended up making young me a video game addict
>he wanted me to be a hunter, i just liked shooting the gun, never let me shoot it
>spent most of my time in my room because my mom didn't want me getting eaten by our neighbors dogs or something
>spent it playing video games, my mom even encouraged it saying i was quirky and shit
>never made too many friends, even the ones i did make were distant to me
>never went outside very often
>never went to parties
>never did anything to upset my parents
>barely understood what a gf was by the time i was a junior in high school
worst part was they'd yell at me for any accident i would cause, like full blown calling me stupid and shit, that only fuelled me to stay away from anything that would get them remotely upset
he was an okay guy, but a shit dad, i never saw him as a dad

kek, I fucking love these "mad dad" stories

Always obsessed with dirtbikes. Parents gave no fucks. See famous dirt bike riders and it's obvious there parents where just nice to them same with pro snowboard riders, that shit is 1000 times easier than skateboarding!

>not learning the white man's programming language
your dad is based and you're a faggot

Wanted to learn German so I could maybe go back to the homeland cause grew up around Mexicans and Africans and they told me no that I should learn Spanish. 2/3 of my German cousins are with Spanish speaking natives.

Can't stand that about burgerland desu
>Why don't you learn a second language and be more cultured
>no not that one. learn bean speak

He probably posts on antiqueradios.com

Peak autistic boomer website

i did

>lost his father before his teenage years so no male role
>married a woman 10 years younger who grew up without a mother (no female role)
>fucking introvert who didnt have any kind of close friends and didnt go to parties and shit
>stupid cringe personality
>almost a beta, taught me nothing while i was a teen
>bussy working while i was a teen (and we were still poor YIKES) so it was like having no dad
>had no authority or initiative at all, couldnt even decide what we were going to eat so most of the times we ate some bullshit food because no time left to cook anything
>a fucking beta who married his first girlfriend

I hate being alive. Im fucking useless. I know nothing, I don't know how to behave, what to do or what am I supposed to do as a male.
oh boy i wish i were dead this is suffering

wow sounds like reddit

>dad doesnt really interact with us as kids
>doesnt really talk to us when he gets home
>doesnt really push us to do anything
>doesnt eally tech us anything
>doesnt really share any hobbies with us
>just kinda there and not really doing anything majorly wrong

i still dont know how to feel about this after all these years

Attached: 1545119185768.png (633x605, 207K)