Attached: 123.jpg (1026x802, 186K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ncdc.noaa.gov/news/what-are-proxy-data
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Starting in 2050

Too damn late for any of us.

>tfw we may live to see the beginning of the end
thanks for giving me hope OP

Only 30 years away, guess I'll have to keep living.

It's impossible to reach your 50s or 60s?

There's no way in hell I'll even make it to 2025

Enough time to die happy with a smile on my face?

Probably won't even have to 'suffer' the end of the world shit. Just rub it in normies faces or whatever.

>civilization coming to an end
>implying

Attached: 9ACCB8E4-3BF4-455D-99A7-15A6E1BA2F13.png (680x680, 221K)

This kind of shit is why people don't believe in climate change.
Climate change is real, it's happening, we started it, we can't stop it, we can potentially slow it down a bit, but it's going to happen.
Humans and politicians will be forced to adapt. The realistic worst case scenario are mass famines.
Civilization has survived every single famine event in history. All of them. Even if we assume a famine that kills 50% of the population, I don't see how that'd end civilization.

Attached: asukacute.png (268x373, 208K)

We've also got another Civil War brewing, a potentially fatal strain of superbugs on the horizon, and we're running out of sand, all of which will irreparably fuck us.

They say this sorta shit all the time. At one point they were saying California (or was it Colorado?) was going to be partially flooded by 2016 but now that we're nothing has happened. Climate change is real but don't listen to their "predictions" about human extinction.

>we started it
yikes and cringe. we still haven't exceeded normal variation and climate change research constantly changes their method of data collection and forecasting, which means none of it can be taken too seriously yet. every report that implies "it never changed so fast before" is absolutely pants on head retarded because we can't measure that for the history of the entire planet.

but you're right. the sensationalist stuff is driven by greed and will probably backfire. people will eventually solve the bulk of the carbon emission problems and people will literally forget that "climate change" was even a concept.

>grandpa boomer thinks he had control over the global temperature because he used plastic bags, lol what a fucking moron

*But now that we're here, nothing has happened

Concrete can be made with all kinds of sand, even artificial sand. It's not ideal, but it's not like concrete would suddenly stop being used just because we had to move to a weaker material. Roman concrete is actually MUCH stronger than the concrete we use today. We could make concrete as strong as they did, but it costs too much, and usually isn't required anyway.

Genetic engineering is already leading to all new kinds of potential replacements for antibiotics.

Society has been in far more tense times than our own. It's unlikely that a single unpopular president is going to cause a war. The best Jow Forums could ever hope to do is a small revolt that gets quashed on live TV.

>2050

That's way too fucking long. And it's probably not going to be dramatic quick end and some shitty normie drawn out way of dying

>we're running out of sand
let's just make it a requirement to bring a bag of sand when you immigrate to europe

We've also had stories like this for thousands of years.

It's not climate change, it's the fucking jews and muslims going to take the entire planet with them when israel falls.

how many dragons does the jew army have? i'm on the red team

>i'm totally ignorant to the entire of the field of geology and paleontology because I was the kid drawing in 5th grade and now i'm making it your problem

ftfy

At least 20, but the muslims can win a cultural victory pretty easily. It'll be a great show the only winners aren't participating.

The muslims will need to train their bow skill and hire more archers from the free agent list

>we still haven't exceeded normal variation
CO2 levels multiplying over the span of 200 years is greatly exceeding the normal variation of CO2 in the atmosphere. Pic related. There are no natural explanations for this behavior, and no natural records of another event like this ever happening outside extinction level volcanoes (See: Flood basalts)

>climate change research constantly changes their method of data collection and forecasting, which means none of it can be taken too seriously yet. every report that implies
Their predictions will always be inaccurate because it's impossible to accurately model a system as complex as the Earth's climate. We can't even predict weather reliably, how could we possibly forecast how the entire climate will change with any kind of accuracy?
We can't, and probably never will unless quantum computers actually happen. And even then it's a crapshoot.

>"it never changed so fast before" is absolutely pants on head retarded because we can't measure that for the history of the entire planet.
There are various natural records, some of which can be compared to one another. Natural climate records in ocean sediment goes back hundreds of millions of years.
ncdc.noaa.gov/news/what-are-proxy-data
Of course we'll never know for sure if there was an extreme rise and fall in CO2 in the span of a few centuries at some point in the distant past, but if there was you'd have to explain how it happened, naturally.

Why do you think I'm wrong? Because I said we can't stop it?
Even if we stopped all carbon output right now, there are plenty of natural feedback loops taking place which would continue the process of climate change for us.
Ice sheets melting is the most obvious example. The less ice on the surface of the Earth, the more energy the Earth absorbs from the Sun, which raises the average temperature and melts more ice, which repeats the process. Humans have no way of stopping this, only slowing it.

Attached: co2-411-ppm-v2.png (862x546, 122K)

I think you're wrong because from the zodiac to fuckers pulling up ice core samples, the carbon levels are more dictated by volcanos which are more tied into the wobble of the earth and the pull of the moon than you seem to realize, we also just came out of an ice age, remember? It was often 120-130 Fahrenheit on an average dinosaur day around the equator as evidenced by pretty much every fossil and as the earth's climate is almost completely dictated by it's orientation that you're completely ignorant to, it gets hotter and cooler. "coincidentally" the age of pices and aquarius are when the sea levels are higher, the age of the ram and cow are often when it's more land and you can walk over to the US from China.

People have known about this for probably 10s of thousands of years, until your stupid ass came along.

>multiplying
>CO2
yikes and cringe

>we'll never know
that's the point. some model forecast marginal impact over the next 100 years, some forecast major impact over the next 10 years. we can agree on the problem scope of "carbon emissions are bad for the environment" but if you try to motivate people by saying they will all die soon, yeah nobody is going to do anything.

it's not that individuals wasting resources and energy are the problem. it's on a larger scale, with world governments and large corporations. airplanes, ships, factories, etc.

You're citing graphs that are incredibly skewed because of advances in technology, and completely neglecting that a human life time is NOT a long time in the scheme of things.
We've released volcano's worth of particulates into the atmosphere with nuclear testing as well as just plain heat that wasn't here before. it all ties in, car exhaust and personal guilt is not the reason for any spikes in climate, if it is, it's the fuckers trying to tax you for breathing, because their dad's nuke testing fucked up the weather

And before anyone says anything - they were popping those things off like fireworks for a good 20-30 years, pretty much every important country. THat'll create some problems.

>yikes and cringe
A 175% increase, nearly 200%. Poor wording on my part, but it doesn't change the rest of the argument at all.

>that's the point. some model forecast marginal impact over the next 100 years, some forecast major impact over the next 10 years. we can agree on the problem scope of "carbon emissions are bad for the environment" but if you try to motivate people by saying they will all die soon, yeah nobody is going to do anything.
I don't think it's possible to motivate people about abstract problems like this. They need to see direct results of climate change. Maybe something extreme like snow in the summer, or yearly Category 5 hurricanes.

How did CO2 levels rise so fast if it wasn't humans? What naturally happens to cause the Earth's CO2 levels almost double in a few centuries, and then disappear just as quickly?

Attached: co2.jpg (998x477, 40K)

>nuke testing isn't humans

you're right, it's those damn natural occuring fission explosions we have to worry about.

What I'm saying is you're fishing for good goy points because you've been specifically fed misinformation that sounds.. sound, it's a joo trick like circumcision, but the end game isn't to make you depressed if you wake up to the jewish menace, it's to tax you for breathing after they've heated up the atmosphere with a fuckthousand nuclear bombs.

This is partly accurate and partly false. Climate is definitely changing and it is caused by us. However,
>how could we possibly forecast how the entire climate will change with any kind of accuracy
Weather is unpredictable, but climate is not. We can map out overarching patterns based on observations of more specific weather data.
>we can't stop it
If we're being optimistic, I think it's still possible, but we need to get off our asses immediately and make a real change. But that's not going to happen, so Earth is definitely going to be shittier than it already is in 100 years.

Other than that I agree with your arguments but sadly I don't think we're doing enough to turn back.

I legit dont give a fuck if everyone dies tomorrow

you must think im a dummy nigga

Nuclear fission doesn't add lots of carbon into the atmosphere. CO2 and Methane are the two prominent carbon-based greenhouse gasses, and we are certainly putting more back into the atmosphere than there naturally was before we started burning fossil fuels. The oil contains carbon which used to be deep underground. Now it is in the atmosphere.

>We can map out overarching patterns based on observations of more specific weather data.
And make educated, but vague deductions about what could possibly happen. No one will be able to say how fast sea levels will rise, or how extreme weather will get, just that sea level rising and extreme weather are two effects we're already observing.

Attached: __ayanami_rei_and_souryuu_asuka_langley_ayanami_raising_project_and_neon_genesis_evangelion__4026995 (1048x1491, 1.2M)

You are an idiot. There are by products of combustion caused by a catalyst, such as heat from a nuke.Not only that but tons of particulates of all kinds, that's what fallout is.

You burn the air you get CO and CO2.

maybe if i had kids i would care about the future of the earth, but i dont have kids and most likely never will. so oh well, boohoo. i can't think of any good reasons for why i should care about this. like what im supposed to care about some random thot or douchebag in the future? lol fuck em

Nuclear fission isn't adding extra carbon into the atmosphere (directly). Burning fossil fuels takes carbon that used to be in the ground, and turns it into a gaseous form that goes into the atmosphere.

There are hundreds if not thousands of scientific articles that discuss evidence for anthropogenic climate change. If you deny it at this point you're a fucking brainlet and need to go back to the brainlet pit

Ever heard of phage therapy? It's practically impossible for a bacteria to develop a resistance to both bacteriophages and antibiotics. Resistance to one means none for the other

Everything is going to be fine kids
Do drugs

Smoke weed virgin
have sex prude-pussy

>only 30 years left
>better buy lots of stuff to make those 30 years awesome, goy
Media outlets should be fined for every sensationalist article they write

Did we start it 4 billion years ago? Damn we're mighty powerful to do that before we were even around

The zoomer generation will be the last. Like the nimh mice we have reached the death phase in society.

Attached: 16763E84-A761-4246-8C55-0233F24C8026.png (300x294, 170K)

what a coincidence!
people have been saying the same thing for at least 1200 years

If the climate is always changing, why doesn't the climate turn off, or just get really cold globally all of the sudden?

It's more along the lines of, we probably have an impact on climate, but it's not much. But we should try to have less of an impact because it makes sense to do so, except they keep saying we're all going to die in five years and put out numbers and then after one year their numbers are already way off and people stop believing them.