2020s predictions

Geekdom will become grounds for bullying and rejection again because of cringe culture, the external pressure to be a normie/chad/stacy, and other forms of peer pressure. Anime will sink back into obscurity, video games that aren't """games as a service""" will be a complete niche for the most part, and normalfags will move on to fetishize other things.

I will have a gf with a lot in common with me and probably be living together. Yes I am an optimist.

The tranny trend will have ended by the middle of the decade.

The "culture war" will either have blown over or will encroach absolutely everything and become inescapable.

The internet will be even more corporatized, consolidated and centralized, the deep web or some other protocol altogether will be the last bastion of the independent internet.

2000s nostalgia will start gaining traction, becoming a full on revival in the 2030s like we see with the 80s today.

What are your predictions for the next decade?

Attached: depositphotos_96737544-stock-photo-red-2020-3d-numbers-year.jpg (1024x768, 42K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HUEvRyemKSg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

first hints of human evolution

Link will be worth $1000

>Geekdom will become grounds for bullying and rejection again because of cringe culture

I can't wait for this to happen, I also think memes as we know them and obsessive phone use are going to be looked down upon (kind've like how smoking stopped being cool) and it'll start being cool to talk normally again

Hillary Clinton will be elected president, because Trump is going to drop out of the race very late and the republicans will have to scramble to find a literal who to replace him as their nominee.

I really hope this doesn't happen. I want 99% of people to be sucked into the singularity so that I can go outside again. With normies inside all day nature will flourish and I'll be freed from this basement.

>the normalfags will finally fuck off from nerd culture
Praise the Lord

Attached: 698FBEF0-12AB-44AE-9F66-D673826CFDED.jpg (673x604, 26K)

>like how smoking stopped being cool
Smoking never stopped being cool. Even the nerds are trying still emulate how cool it is by using faggy ass vapes.

what makes you think Clinton will run again?

Because I remember it happens. We're in a time loop, living our exact same lives and dying over and over again.

I want this to happen as much as anyone here, but how plausible is it? Are we just projecting our fantasies onto our predictions too hard, or is there actually a good chance they'll finally fuck right off from what's ours?

Memes of the kind we see nowadays will probably be shit on constantly within 5 years like how advice dog-style macros were and still are.

>Geekdom will become grounds for bullying and rejection again because of cringe culture, the external pressure to be a normie/chad/stacy, and other forms of peer pressure
The backlash of Trumpism and internet shit is already starting to make this a reality. "Gamer" is slowly starting to become a derogatory term again.

I bet soon "gamer" will basically have the same connotations that "brony" had 5 yeara ago.

>"Gamer" is slowly starting to become a derogatory term again.
Good.

Attached: 151056753-288-k391159.jpg (288x450, 16K)

I have a feeling the comic book movie craze died with the Avengers franchise. Something changed with the normies once the last one of those came out, even if the studios still make them, it really feels like the fad has run its course and people accepted Endgame as a natural conclusion to it. Game of Thrones and The Big Bang theory, THE shows that defined the normie "nerd xD" culture trough the 2010s ended within weeks of each other. There shift has already started, but it will take sometime for everything and everyone to catch up.

once the presidential bug hits ya, it never comes off

No, but Joe Biden probably will. I don't want this thread to turn into yet another politics shitstorm, but this time it really feels like the rabid magatards are on the defensive.

The Jews will finally enact the final stage of their plan to wipe out the whites and enslave everyone else. By 2030, planet Earth will be renamed planet Israel.

Geekdom will become grounds for bullying and rejection again because of cringe culture, the external pressure to be a normie/chad/stacy, and other forms of peer pressure. Anime will sink back into obscurity, video games that aren't """games as a service""" will be a complete niche for the most part, and normalfags will move on to fetishize other things.

Fucking this. Please make it happen.

I honestly don't remember why Biden doesn't win. People are hyping him up and he's not a joke like Bernie. I think he's the only real contender for the nomination, but he just doesn't get it.

>I think he's the only real contender for the nomination
Warren and Buttigieg look solid too. Also take your meds, user.

You sound like you're onto something. We'll have to wait and see I guess.

That's true, normies have been strangely more quiet than usual about capeshit since Endgame came out.
You think they'll finally lay off anime too? Being a pretty big fan of the medium there's just something that pisses me off when I see fortnite-playing 12 year old narutofags or the same kind of people who would've beat up weebs years ago sporting Dragonball shirts now.

Attached: 1558501717466.png (600x480, 319K)

The same shit like now but with different things. New memes, new social networks, new video games, new this or that, new trends, etc.

And total control over public opinion by Facebook, Twitter, etc. Being alt-right or think different from the love and diversity consensus will be almost impossible.

I don't think so, anime is just too foreign for normies and the adaptations butchering the source material is inevitable because if they stuck to it they'd make even less money than with the abortions they usually shit out. Live action Akira will be a failure, same with the Gundam movie. I think horror and Lovecraft will be the new 2020s fad.

>Being alt-right will be almost impossible
Thank fucking God then. All Jow Forumstards need to drink bleach.

>I think horror and Lovecraft will be the new 2020s fad.
What makes you say this?

What are you? A disgusting liberal degenerate lover of trannies? Or just a loser that don't want to know about politics because wants to be comfy in his bubble?

Okay then what happens then

>A disgusting liberal degenerate lover of trannies?
Why, yes, and I'm perfectly fine that way. Eat shit, you little salty cunt.

I've just been seeing more and more "totally not Lovecraft" shit in movies and media in general, so it's about time someone dares to take on the real thing. Also horror movies are huge hits now, it was only capeshit keeping them down. Star Wars is dying too, so horror movies seem like the new winners by default.

You are of your father the Devil.

>What are your predictions for the next decade?
I'm gonna be dead, it's gonna be great!

smoking stopped being cool because of science. youd need some studies to back it up or some shit like that

>Geekdom will become grounds for bullying and rejection again because of cringe culture, the external pressure to be a normie/chad/stacy, and other forms of peer pressure. Anime will sink back into obscurity, video games that aren't """games as a service""" will be a complete niche for the most part, and normalfags will move on to fetishize other things.

It's happening right in front of me. I've seen a lot of my friends both online and offline outright condemn a lot of nerdy stuff that they used to like while bragging about their height, working out, being fashionable, etc. in favor of trying to be a "Chad" or at the very least "that cool guy who who gets all the chicks but also likes anime". Hell, even I got sucked into the trend a few years ago. It's like that hashtag from a few months back where a bunch of thots with over 9000 layers of makeup and plastic surgery (or Stacies) posted pics of themselves with D&D setups to try and prove that they aren't like the nerds portrayed in media. Ever since all this incel shit gained traction I've seen more and more people desire to be like "Chad" because nerdy stuff is quite clearly becoming unpopular (or "cringe") again. Until a few years ago I as a eurofag didn't even have a single clue about how to measure in imperial units, only since everyone became so obsessed with height as the incel cancer spread. It has become like a non-gay alternative to measuring your dicks in attempt to one-up your fellow man.

This is just the start of how it will all happen. Nerd culture is slowly but surely sliding back into the territory of where it is fully equipped with the baggage of "sad, ugly and bitter virgin". Everyone is so fucking self-aware and self-hating nowadays despite being on the internet, where they should actually have a chance to be their true selves. I hate it so fucking much.

JUST

Attached: 1546007887154.jpg (1200x3026, 412K)

So fucking weird how things are going full circle after a decade of normie tier shitty "nerd culture". Nothing ever really changes in this world, does it?

i dont really care how it changes. i just want it to change. not because the 2010's were "bad", just because im bored

This sounds fucking utopian

>Geekdom becomes uncool again
Thank god, I hate normalfags thinking they have anything in common with my interests, they just end up in good things getting diluted for them.

>Gf
Doesn't really apply to me

>Tranny trend will end
Good

>Culture war
I'm so far isolated from society that it barely affects me

>Movement to deep web
I've wanted this to happen for a while, it would raise the barrier of entry to all of the good communities

>2000s nostalgia
Could bionicle G3 happen?

Has bionicle been making a comeback recently? I've seen a lot of people make jokes about it as of late.

>I can't wait for this to happen, I also think memes as we know them and obsessive phone use are going to be looked down upon (kind've like how smoking stopped being cool) and it'll start being cool to talk normally again
I hope this doesn't happen, I'm incapable of face-to-face human conversation. Talking to others via text is so much easier.

>Could bionicle G3 happen?
G2 was a dumpster fire, nothing will beat the first gen bionicles

smoking is generally socially unacceptable. it's not seen as something "cool' anymore in our culture, it's seen as gross and cancerous.
also, vaping isn't seen as cool anymore either, they've fallen out of popularity and have gone back to just mostly being tools for people to quit nicotine

>hurr us and them fallacy
just shut the fuck up about your gay ass politics retard. I voted for trump but that doesn't mean I want to talk about politics 24/7 like you stupid fucking Jow Forumsfags do

who the hell do you talk to in the first place?

True nostalgia is hitting the kids of the 2000s now. Bionicle appealed to both young millennials and older zoomers, the main demographic of the internet

this, usually big trends will get a nostalgia rebound 15-20 years after they're popular

then it's time for emo revival too

>I'm perfectly fine that way.
Every time. Remember, this is the type of person that calls you an incel when you disagree with them politically.

Attached: 2024A399-3ADA-4A59-8582-F23CC0867262.jpg (736x522, 31K)

Cry more little baby. EVERYTHING is politics. Men are not afraid of talking about politics. Go back to your Discord server to talk about anime.

This retard just said that he wants our kind wiped from the face of the Internet. That is an extremely political statement and it warrants a political response.

Attached: 3256CE59-AE4D-447F-8A07-C370AAB47B24.png (1334x750, 989K)

I actually want geekdom to be "weird" again, the only problem is that it's being destroyed from the inside in a lot of ways.

Not even talking about "infiltrating" SJWs, just the typical fat balding white guy who turned into an SJW in hopes of getting laid, constantly bitching about how "toxic" (fandom) is or whatever.

Attached: 1448463525545.jpg (2048x1362, 896K)

>our kind wiped from the face of the Internet
I eagerly await this day

>2020s predictions
Trump will be reelected as US president.

>If you disagree with me, you are this thing and this thing only!!!!!
I hate how reliant Jow Forums is on using baseless assumptions as arguments.

random acquaintances i met over the course of my life

Something serious happens and none of this shit matters, because you can see the planet rejecting humanity around the corner, things will become increasingly monotematic and for good reason.

DRM on everything and tighter control on digital devices a la youtube.com/watch?v=HUEvRyemKSg

More blatant spying and surveillance in the West rivaling the chinks. Social credit systems, shadow bans, censorship of all things non-conformist. Normies will defend this with their usual "nothing to hide; nothing to fear" and "a necessity for national security against muh terrorism".

More Asians. Everywhere.

Continued degeneracy masquerading as "progress" like the trans rights and the gay movements. I can't even imagine what they'll come up with next. Furry-acceptance? Normalizing pedophilia? Public indecency? Hopefully another severe reaction will happen like with Trump's election.

VR and similar things rise in popularity so that the general public is kept busy with pleasuring themselves to escape reality.

Another war, hopefully. Just kidding! it's a joke! haha! :^))

Attached: 1549658336599.jpg (970x647, 92K)

Most people don't care if someone is a furry really. It's mostly just if they're in your face about it like anything else.

This. It's nice getting more money for being the only person not on social media while working. Fuck normies.

There is no way clinton will win after that election. She literally got beaten down and the democrats aren't gonna support her they will support bernie more because he is a less controversial figure and a bunch of people said they should have had him instead of clinton.

May allah stomp you with dirty sandals heathen.

>I will have a gf with a lot in common with me and probably be living together. Yes I am an optimist.

stop lying to yourself user, you only going to get hurt

Attached: 1555120135095.png (637x360, 267K)

Who hurt you, ya little faggot