Uni General - Summer thread

Lets have a uni thread. How was everyone's semester? Have any plans for the summer? How's everything?

I'm taking an online summer class and unemployed right now. What are some comfy and easy summer jobs? Any suggestions?

Attached: 1550099469076.jpg (850x687, 113K)

After a year of not going to school because I had a mental breakdown I'm going back in the fall.

Ready to start over and try to make friends

Attached: image.jpg (521x438, 87K)

Also drinking beer at 10:30am because the house is empty and I'm beyond fucking bored. Can't think of anything to do and the boredom is killing me

That's good user! I took a gap year a few years ago because a family member got sick and I got depressed. All is better now though. Best of luck, college is a lot better after a break away from it

Attached: 1550679459026.jpg (1024x666, 102K)

I can't believe I thought it would be good for my social life to go back to school as a 30 year old.
I unironically thought I would meet people and perhaps even get a gf.
Every single time I see an attractive girl, I find out that she's like 18.
Imagine constantly seeing girls you like and start making plans to pursue them, only to find out over and over again that you can't because the age difference would be too weird.
I might actually kill myself pretty soon.
I didn't realize 30 was going to be this bad.
I legit wasted my life.

I just got my bachelor in EEE from a great university, but there are no fucking jobs anywhere. You absolutely need a masters in this stupid subject, or at least a year of masters.
I've talked with companies and they all request at least 4 years in this stupid field.
I regret absolutely that I've gone for STEM. Hell, I have the best grades in my class but I just hate this stupid field.
Lucky for me, I have a backup job working in the forest, a very physically demanding job but at least not filled with total STEM cucks.
Sorry for the rant guys

>can't because the age difference would be too weird
why?
There are plenty of 18 to 22 year olds that love older guys. Sure they might have some issues, but take what you can get. I know a few girls have dated guys 10 years older than them

I started going back this year at age 28, it's been okay for me.. I didn't do it for social reasons though. I look like an angry skinhead so most people avoid me but all my professors like me because I actually pay attention in class and put effort into my work. I was lucky enough to impress one of the teachers enough that they approached me about working in their lab so.. I'll be starting that in the fall.
Sorry it's not working out for you but I'm feeling optimistic as I can.

I'm just a (wannabe) normal guy looking for a normal gf.
I don't share in the teenage fetishization that most of the users on this site have.
I would date an 18 year old if it was feasible and we both liked each other. I have nothing against it. But the reality is that most women that age don't want to be with 30 year olds unless they are an absolutely amazing catch.
They're not going to want to explain to their family and friends why they are with someone who is almost twice as old as them.

That's understandable then. Maybe go for grad students then? I don't know about your uni but my university town has tons of grad students. Maybe try okcupid or another app if you cant find any in person. This app seems to be saturated with grad students in my experience

Maybe try just making friends with some undergrad dudes. I use to drink with a 28 year old guy in my class and it was a change of pace from hanging with other undergrads my age. Most people are pretty open to making friends from my college

That's unfortunate user. Hopefully things start looking up. At least your working outside, I've always been a fan of the outdoors

Should I even bother with STEM uni if in my shitty country I won't make more than 20k$ a year with a degree and I'd hate every second of it?
On the other hand I love learning lenguages and all the stuff behind it but I'm after a technical school (so an equivalent of a community college or a trade I guess) and could continue it in uni or choose a path that will be bearable for me
Any succes with degrees in lenguages here?
If I enroll I'll be studying English and German and I'm slowly learning French by my own

>Maybe go for grad students then?
I mean, it's not like grad students walk around with a big sign that says "Grad Student" taped to their forehead.
I'm mostly talking about the pain that comes with seeing attractive women and realizing they are beyond pursuit. I wasn't ready for this. I've never been in a relationship and still look really young so I guess I'm having a very hard time thinking of myself as "too old" for certain people. It feels like I just woke up one day and all of this suddenly happened.

You could literally suck some cock or get TOPPED off of Grindr for some easy cash

I submitted an application to my local uni and they told me I have to do an interview. I have social anxiety so I'm nervous as hell. My mom said it's probably just going to be casual to see if I have motivation and to size up my personality but I'm not so sure. Can I please get some pointers (like questions they may)?

Attached: 1558653197547.gif (72x72, 11K)

I don't know they'll look older. I'm 23 now and freshmen look super young to me

And yeah it can be a little overwhelming. Colleges have the most attractive women per sq mile than almost anywhere

Undergrad or grad?
I've never ever heard of someone having to do an interview to get accepted for undergraduate studies.

I'm 30 and people constantly think I'm a freshman.
I honestly can't tell ages. I don't think there is a huge difference between 18-30. Looks just aren't really a reliable indicator of age I've found. Maybe I'm just autistic but I assume everyone is my age or only slightly younger until I find out otherwise.
IDK I'm just tired of having my heart skip a beat and spending a few days daydreaming about our date while planning on asking her out and then later I'm like "oh shit she's 18..."

Yeah I've never heard of interviews for uni, besides my friends that went to ivys. I can't imagine it being too intense though

wear a "It's ok to be white hoodie"

I feel like it wouldn't be a big deal for you to date younger then (if you wanted to) when you look younger. I'm bald (completely bald) myself and look way older than my age and girls don't seem to care

Idk you might want to try joining some clubs that would have some older students in them

Why dont you just steal some freshmen like you boomers already do you old fuck

Not him but I have had interviews for one of the course specifically. It's usually the med stuff.
I didn't actually go for the interviews though, fuck that shit. I just picked another uni instead.

Kinda fucked up in one class and got a D+, which was bullshit b/c according to the curve I should have gotten a C- but I guess that was just an estimated curve.

Luckily I can retake it my senior spring which I plan to do. I just fucked up on one test and it ruined me. Otherwise I did mediocre during the rest of the semester in that class

The semester wasn't great but I'm working in a lab and really enjoying it. It's a small company and I'm in pretty early so I think I could stick around for a while. I live in a big city so I can even take the bus to my job, and don't need to pay for a car.

still no gf though

Dumb normie in my class got busted for plagiarism. Shouldn't have copypasted the entire paragraph, retard.

Attached: 1538126758745.gif (500x606, 1.99M)

D+'s aren't good enough for a passing grade? As long as I had a D and my GPA for the semester was above 2.0 I was good

that job sounds comfy though

They're fine but I'd like to go to grad school, and I feel like it'll hurt my chances for ones I might want to go to if I come in with those kinda grades. It is super comf, I even get to chill in a lab all by myself for a good portion of the day.

That's awesome
Retaking it is a good idea then

I'm just working at a brewery for the summer. free beer and I can drink all day so I can't complain

That's sick, what do you do there? I almost had a brewery job, but they chose a similar candidate who was old enough to drink.

Two Engineering classes one for soildworks the other materials
I been getting high everyday and its good the classes were hard at the start then got easier

What is EEE? I know EE is electrical engineering

precalc midterm tonight anons, wish me luck plz

Same feels user. See if you can stick it out til grad school. its a little less weird when they're in their mid 20s. Although, the good ones are in stable relationships, and the rest are bat shit crazy.

I'm never going to grad school I'm doing EE.
I'll be 33 when I graduate. I guess I should just assume that my social life will be absolute shit for the rest of my life.

What is social life after 25 anyway?
If you don't have a group of bros from childhood that can withstand the test of time, which is very rare it's either boring meetings with coworkers you hate or catching up with old friends pretending to care
My parent's just come home and sit on their laptops the whole day, at least they are in the same room kek
Being an adult is tedious and boring, there's no point in living past 30 unless you give in to your animal instincts and force some poor kids onto this shithole, then you are obligated to make their lives as bearable as possible, that's it

I burnt myself out so fucking hard that I lost a part of myself (specifically my mind) that I'll never get back. This ever happen to anybody else?

Attached: DE05E1AA-CAC8-4D6E-BB74-75A00B190673.png (404x399, 12K)

Why is that image so familiar to me?

Uh oh finals on Monday and Wednesy and I've done nothing to study, even in the two weeks I've had without lectures!!!

help out in the back with the machine that cans the beers mostly

Good luck bro. I always wait until the last day to study and do fine

>a grown ass manchild being so insecure
Loser.

Leave your shitty country.

>Being an adult is tedious and boring, there's no point in living past 30 unless you give in to your animal instincts and force some poor kids onto this shithole, then you are obligated to make their lives as bearable as possible, that's it
>My parent's just come home and sit on their laptops the whole day, at least they are in the same room kek
Not everyone is as useless as your parents.

bamp diddly

I felt like that when I was really depressed.
Try
>doing some cardio
>stretching
>crossword puzzles
>eating cleaner
>other mind exercises (various apps for this)
My mental health and function felt so much better after doing all of those

I am going back in the fall after a year-long break. I am so ready to finish my computer science degree.

Good luck user. Have you done anything to prepare? Like, read old textbooks.

Yeah. I wanted to become hyper-efficient so that I could live the so-called college life that boomers talk about. I timed how long it took to travel from any point to another, planned out meals and eating times so that I could do other things, smoked weed every day, partied Thursday through Monday, and studied so hard that I got a 3.75 for my first two years.
Sadly, one day in a Sonic parking lot I had an emotional breakdown where I screamed my head off 10 minutes while my corn dogs got cold. It was $0.50 corn dog day and I was going to buy $20 worth of dogs so I could not think about lunch and dinner for a few days. When I got them I realized I was a robot (Not the kind you find on Jow Forums) and completely lost what made me myself. A few weeks later I lost my gf, lost my job, lost my house.

Anyways I share your feel user.

Attached: 1548597756801.jpg (1035x800, 255K)

I've seen so many fresh off the boat asians get caught cheating at my school

Hahahahahaha, my man, when you hear shes 18 thats the signal to fully indulge in teen booty

Trying to study for two tests this friday but can't stop procrastinating and I'm sure I flunked the one I took last week. Gotta hand in a project we've working on since the start of the semester next monday for programming class but mine's at its bare bones, if I don't finish it by then I'll stop giving a fuck for the rest of the semester and just take the class again.

Attached: 1482891054581.jpg (640x480, 116K)

Yeah I don't see the problem here. Its college ffs. Its full of young people

>graduated a year ago
>have been NEET since then
I can barely remember what it was like to have a daily schedule and social connections, enjoy university while it lasts fellas

Attached: B99513C6-15E4-430F-B938-EB29655A6F66.jpg (640x600, 167K)

Do you want a job? Have you applied to anything yet?

After I was neet for a while even a shit wage slave job was better than staying home all day. Getting into a routine again and making some cash felt good

>tfw currently have to do extra credit assignments to complete my courses because i was such a brainlet during the semester

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Went back at 28. Fucked a 22 and 18 year old from my classes. Was amazing and literally was way way better than any vagoo I could have had at that age.
Tinder is the same. All the young women want to jump yer bones. Go for it.

>3 paragraph discussion post due in my online class tonight and haven't done the reading yet
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuccccccckkkkkk its not even too much work but I can't get motivated. How do I do this