How do people not succumb to nihilism...

How do people not succumb to nihilism? Everything is so fucking pointless and it's made worse by the fact that everything is so painful.

Attached: AdobeStock_149932098-1024x768.jpg (1024x768, 74K)

It is the search for meaning that makes life meaningless. You set yourself up for disappointment. Find meaning in the experiencing of what is here and now.

Former depressed person here. I've found that the state of being content with life creates an upward spiral of wanting to do things and becoming happier without thinking much of it. Basically, as a happy person, I live my life almost on autopilot. Most people never go below the contentedness threshold that would make them nihilists.
Unironic Joker quote: "Madness is like gravity. All it takes is a little push".

Attached: wjk.png (847x521, 73K)

By recognizing that nihilism is worthless and that meaning is something that emerges from the patterns, rather than something to actively seek.
Concentrate on today and tomorrow, not some greater good or meaning.

Embrace the absurdity

Attached: stream.jpg (656x489, 53K)

Your life must be exhausting.

Attached: giphy (4).gif (500x685, 952K)

>How do people not succumb to nihilism? Everything is so fucking pointless and it's made worse by the fact that everything is so painful.

you get married and have kids. ever notice that all these people who call themselves nihilists are lifelong bachelors?

Everything is pointless, and it's up to you to create a point. I try to live my life as the best person I can be, and to do more good than bad. That's the point of life for me

Attached: 1558491327348.jpg (500x351, 13K)

Nihilism is just that there is not objective meaning to how life should be lived, it doesn't mean you can't still live relative to how feel is best; feels are reals.

Attached: f5240da19145364395188055ddbeb749.jpg (600x421, 66K)

Just because something doesn't have inherent meaning doesn't mean it can't have meaning TO YOU. You're still a person with wants and desires, it'll make you happier to pursue those wants and desires. Just because you won't change the balance of the universe with your actions doesn't mean that you shouldn't perform them. "Inherent" meaning is just for people who can't make their own meaning anyway.

Attached: vnsl66uhxps01.jpg (1080x719, 272K)

You do the things that make you happy. At least then it wont be so painful.

Attached: Snuggling-Cuddling-Anime-Girls-Gif-.gif (500x281, 496K)

If nothing matters then why don't you commit suicide? Why haven't you yet? If that's inevitably the destination anyway, why not cut to the chase? You haven't either because your body refuses to die or because in this world you call pointless, there *are* things you cling to, in spite of their supposed pointlessness. If it's the latter, then fucking go get them, without ever stopping for the pointless things; they're obstacles. You don't need them.

>feels are reals.
Everything feels pointless

I'm going to kill myself in an original wa

The hedonic treadmill, deluge of technological advancements, and ultimate death of God are going to lead to a massive surge in suicides. I think once we reach a certain level of intelligence humanity might die out by choice if we don't annihilate each other in nuclear warfare first

No job, running out of money, no qualifications, too stupid for most positions, too unfit to join the armed forces. I want to an hero but it would upset people I care about (even if I don't see then much)
J U S T

Attached: 1559179454469.png (658x901, 64K)

>I want to an hero but it would upset people I care about (even if I don't see then much)
They'll get over it.

I say this knowing exactly how NPC I sound.

Nihilism was the best thing that happened to me because it stripped me of trying to live by anyone's standard. I can truly enjoy life now precisely because i've come to terms with its ending.

This is unironically a common normie mindstate. They just do what they enjoy even if it ruins their lives. That's why a dude who messed up a liitle in life will always be more attractive than a straight chubby laced nerd with a healthy salary.

Showing that you enjoy life in this way makes you relatable to normies, it makes them like you or even love you

Attached: c77.jpg (644x800, 35K)

This OP.
This is wisdom.
The present moment is all there is.

>too unfit to join the armed forces
you won't know that, unless you try, even if you won't qualify now, within a year with proper guidance (just ask fit kek) you'll qualify for bootcamp and theyll take care of you
do some push ups, pull ups, run faster than a middle schooler and just go for it, it won't be easy nor pretty but it may be the last chance to get some discipline kicked into you

>How do people not succumb to nihilism?
Depends on what you conceptualize of it. I turned to it at one point when I was younger and trying to rationalize the world. If anything it sort of made me more alright with accepting being unhappy. The world is run off of arbitrary decisions made by overly emotional non rational responses by people with dogmatic beliefs a lot of the time. So stuff like nihilism sort of helped me understand that it's okay to just exist. It doesn't particularly matter if you're happy or not.
Don't cut yourself on that edge, kid. What's a life ruining decision? Most societies are intentionally designed to suck for most people, look at the history of the buddhist caste system and related religions in those regions it's been around for centuries. Can you really call it a life ruining mistake for not embracing a culture that's going to limit your ability artificially since most societies and cultures are built and maintained on the principal of might makes right. I guess if you're an NPC and you assume if you do everything right that everything works out and is just, then yeah what you'd call a life ruining decision might be that. Most peoples lives are already ruined without any decisions of their own and it's sheer luck if their decision leads to a different outcome. A lot of nihilism is somewhat of a silly narcissism toward religion in the sense people assuming they are less sinful for having opinions they find themselves holding of high morality are just a convenience of rationalizing their own personal circumstance in a society they disprove of but need to prove by comparison to previous ones better or else it wouldn't be the height of morality and intellectualism. Although I'm probably biased since I assume nihilism was just a stepping stone in helping me develop the cognitive faculties I needed to find my faith in God.

Attached: sogalf8347984732.jpg (760x596, 180K)

>Can you really call it a life ruining mistake for not embracing a culture that's going to limit your ability artificially
I'm not sure what you mean by limit your ability. Your ability to what?

I do exercise, press ups and sit ups, it's just going to take too long before I am in a solid position for my running skills/bleep test to be good enough to apply. No qualifications either so I can't do 99% of the roles, only the fucking retarded ones like chef or logistics driver, pointless desu

Attached: 1556932001431.png (657x600, 84K)

Society has cops and they attack attack attack in short. A whip on the slave's back.

Most people probably have more fun than a robot though, do not get shit twisted. We are nothing but animals and the broken horse is just trying to run away from the pain of that mean old cowboy so it behaves for the sake of pleasure not honor, it doesn't choose anything but is manipulated.

I don't know how it works coz I'm an europoor but those tests are piss easy, I almost aced the electronics one with basic knowledge and some logic, only failed a question about american outlets, and the rest was even easier, I'd say study for a month or two and you're golden

>How do people not succumb to nihilism?
They stop being 15

Haha, ah the posters here who think they can wrestle meaning from nihilism. Don't you get it? NOTHING. MATTERS. Meaning doesn't just not exist objectively, it objectively cannot exist in ANY form. Once you see the truth there is no going back, and I can deduce from your posts that YOU have never really accepted the truth, the truth that there is NO truth. Not "no truth -objectively-" but that the concept of meaning and truth itself is EMPTY. Meaning itself IS meaningless. Free will does NOT exist, you are an atomic machine that will follow the patterns of chaos laid out for it from the beginning of time and dictated by powers not its own, and you will inevitably be consumed by entropy. You cannot fight destiny, you do not have the agency to do so.

All is meaningless but while you here why not explore and enjoy ?

Imagine being such a weak minded coward that you need a prepackaged narrative of what life is really all about to be handed to you and the mere thought that you might not be special is enough to make you burst into treats.

says the iphone poster. LOL

I'm not a phonegro.

Should i kill myself or take a coffe ?

I love Existentialism

Things being subjective is just a pointless realization that you're limited to your brain and body. It doesn't really mean anything beyond that. Your view that free will doesn't exist is also subjective.

>he hasn't dedicated his entire being to achieving mastery in all aspects of life for the sake of becoming a stronger and wiser man
>he doesn't even attempt to contend with the forces that be in this universe and merely kowtows like a slave in submission to the cosmic will that governs

WEAK

Attached: 1526733084356.jpg (682x720, 103K)

Don't be afraid user! I came into the Army not even able to run two whole miles. I literally lost 50 pounds in basic and went from not being able to do 5 pushups to passing the US Army standards for PT. Right now I'm fit enough that I want to try out for ranger school if my unit allows me. While you have the downtime spend a few months or even half a year doing basic PT. The PRT program is basically couch to 5k and should be perfect for you!
>not reading Nietsche and striving to become an ubermensch
>not reading Jordan Peterson and striving to be the best human being you can possibly be with morals guiding your life trajectory
>not accepting the rule of nature that personal sacrifice is a necessity to yield rewards
The ABSOLUTE STATE