Religion general

>do you believe in god?
>what is the nature of god?
>what kind of god would you be?
>whats your denomination?
>what happens after death?
>what is sin?

Attached: A4CD6D57-101F-4CDF-BF40-CC1E670093A9.jpg (640x975, 64K)

Other urls found in this thread:

uncover.org.uk/questions/whats-the-evidence-outside-the-bible-for-jesus-life-and-teaching/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

64 KB JPG
>do you believe in god?
Yeah
Unknowable, but assumed to be benevolent
Knowing myself, a very cruel, Petty god
Roman Catholicism
We go on, I do not wish to. I would rather be allowed to stop existing
>what is sin?
An act against God.

>do you believe in god?
no
nonexistent
laid back and chill, not torturing people who don't love me
none
worms eat you
>what is sin?
rules made up by the powerful to control the masses

Why do you think youd be a cruel god?
Do you think youll go to heaven?

>do you believe in God?
Yes
>what is the nature of God?
Loving father. Giver of all life. The One who gave His own son so that all who believe in Him will enter the kingdom of Heaven
I wouldn't be any kind of god.
This is something I've be uncertain of. I wasn't raised Christian so I don't have any denomination to associate with.
Heaven, Hell, or Purgatory.
>what is sin?
A malice act in transgression against divine law

Attached: 1469479897055.jpg (600x935, 193K)

This user is exactly correct. Now watch as he is called a fedora tipper by angry christcucks

>do you believe in god?
I believe it is possible that a higher power exists, yes
Largely irrelevant as he is either powerless to intervene in everyday life, or not willing to
I'd really like to think that I'd be a benevolent and kind one, but power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely so I don't really know
Nothing really, guess I'm closest to being an agnostic. Thing is, I don't really care
I would really like to believe in some kind of rebirth or heaven, but that's rather unlikely. So I'll just go with "nothing" as your perception ends there
>what is sin?
Literally, breaking a law laid down by religion

I am a cruel person. I enjoy causin sufferi in others.
I doubt that I will go to heaven.

>Now watch as he is called a fedora tipper by angry christcucks
No. That would a baseless and unconstructive argument.
Jesus wasn't considered by many to be a powerful man when He laid down the key tenets of the Christian faith. How could rules made by an unpowerful man be considered in such a light by you?

>do you believe in god?
Yes
Neutral, with tendencies to benefit the benevolent
Chill, only creating things and dont having worries to manage them.
Catholicism
they judge your actions to see if you wil be sent to rest or continue another life here
>what is sin?
Things created by humans to punish other people they dont like.

You believe a lot of contradictory things about god. How can he be the most evil as well as the most benevolent?

Well God could create Heaven and God can create Hell. God could take away all of your suffering or God can make you suffer for eternity.

I think he is just trying to create an as edgy answer as possible.

Nope it's what I truly believe. If it's edgy then oh well.

>>Now watch as he is called a fedora tipper by angry christcucks
No. That would a baseless and unconstructive argument.
I'm a christian and I agree. trying to debate these people is so tiresome.

We don't really know what Jesus said, assuming he even existed. All we have are documents, written by men, and curated by powerful religious institutions.
Now we have the leaders of different denominations picking and choosing which edicts must still be followed.
Most don't seem to care anymore about "thou shalt not eat shellfish", but some are pretty strict about "thou shalt not have gay sex"

>they judge your actions to see if you wil be sent to rest or continue another life here
This is contradictory towards what is written within the Bible. No mere man is resurrected to live again on earth.

>do you believe in god?
Yes
Amalgamation of all consciousness and creation. A perfect and complicated machine that we all are part of.
Weird question. I would try to make scarcity less relevant for the most intelligent beings so philosophy and technology can be focused on.
None currently. Raised Catholic.
Your individual consciousness and identity unravels and re-unites with God.
>what is sin?
Reckless indulgence of self-will that is a clear detriment to all life in some way. Vice is not necessarily sin. Decay from vice that other life can watch can be a lesson, so it's not necessarily sin. Murder and rape are examples of real sin.

Sorry, that's just being evil. If you torture 90% of the population for all eternity, and shower the remaining 10% with gifts, you're just a psychopathic monster.

>do you believe in god?
Yes
Beyond our understanding, but loving
An understood god is no god at all
German lutheran
Everybody returns to god
>what is sin?
Failing to live your neighbor

It's why I said God is an absolute madman. Sounds like the Christian God right?

>52794172
>Do you believe in god?
No.
>What is the nature of god?
Supernatural, so outside the scope of science and evidence.
>What kind of god would you be?
Hands off. If religions becomes organised I'd tell them to knock it off, but I wouldn't force them to stop worship. Just make it clear it doesn't have my approval. I would also probably tell them that I wouldn't allow a comet or some bullshit like that to wipe them all out, but I wouldn't hold their hands the whole way either.
>What is your denomination.
Agnostic.
>What happens after death?
No one knows for sure, but probably non-existance.
>What is sin?
Nothing but what we believe it to be.

>do you believe in god?

Yes

Creator and ruler of everything

Dunno

Anglican

Rest with my ancestors for a while, then on the day of the lord I come back in the flesh to rule heaven and earth with Jesus and all the saints

>what is sin?

Dysfunction, failing to live according to Gods design

The vast majority of the Bible was written and curated long before the dominance of the church within Europe.
There is substantial evidence within other sources attesting to a prophet, teacher, or rabbi by the name of Jesus. uncover.org.uk/questions/whats-the-evidence-outside-the-bible-for-jesus-life-and-teaching/
The vast majority of the Old Testament isn't considered applicable by most Christian denominations, with primarily only the Mosaic Covenant being relevant.
There is no mention of if eating shellfish is allowed in the New Testament but there are several mentions relating to how homosexuality is a sin.

>do you believe in god?
No.
Non-existent.
One that doesn't really give a shit and just stays around for amusement.
Russian Orthodox
You and 98 incarnations of you watch the life of the 100th, while located in a shopping mall.
>what is sin?
Whatever a given religion sees as immoral.

Let me just clarify a point. Romans 14:14 states that if someone views a food as unclean then it is unclean but that there is no canon within the New Testament on what God considers unclean.

>The vast majority of the Old Testament isn't considered applicable by most Christian denominations
Exactly. Each denomination picks and chooses which bits to follow, and which bits to ignore. You can put together pretty much any set of rules you want by selectively enforcing the bible's commands.

You're completely missing the point. You can't put a sweeping brush over all denominations without knowing which verses they speak of. You're acting like they've flipped through the Bible, picked a law they like and enforced it without any basis. In fact what is happening is they are correlating between the Old and the New Testaments and stating upon which laws correlate with one another.
This is the whole purpose of the Ecumenical councils

That's exactly what they do though. The Westboro Baptist Church puts quite a lot of weight on Leviticus 18:22, whereas other denominations treat it as less important, or ignore it all together. They're deciding what they think is right and wrong, and then finding a way to project their own version of morality onto the bible.

The Westboro Baptist Church is despised by the majority of Christians around the world. They bastardise Jesus' message and spread nothing but hatred. Do not think that we are one and the same.

They're following the bible to the letter. You (and most other modern Christians) realize that the bible got a lot of things wrong, and prefer modern secular morality where it makes sense. That's great as far as keeping society moving forward, but you can't do that and still pretend that you get your morality from the bible.

They're not following the Bible to the letter though. Following the Bible to the letter is evaluating the correct context within the passages.

You fail to realise that the majority of modern morality comes from the Christian morality. To say they are mutually exclusive would be foolish.

And another thing to say that the Bible got a lot of things wrong would defeat the whole purpose of being a Christian. Why would I believe in God if I did not believe in the Bible? Where is your basis for what I and other Christians believe?

Alright, tell me then, what is the correct context for "Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination"?
How is the Westboro Baptist Church's interpretation incorrect?

And people who follow Jesus, who tought love thy neighbor dont?

I was raised cradle catholic but after looking into it a bit and thinking about it I've started to believe that we are in some sort of purgatory that is just a way to sort people to see if they should be allowed to go to heaven. The idea that a god would make a world where someone would spend only seventy to eighty years in and are supposed to devote their lives to him just in the Hope's of reciving eternal life in heaven doesn't really make sense to me. In the grand scheme of things why does our world exist other than to see who is fit to live in the place that is supposed to be great and eternal

The Bible was written by men about their experience with god and how god revealed himself to them. But it still was written by men, so by nature it is flawed. The point is not to search through the Bible with the intent to legitimize your hatred but follow Gods message throughout the Bible. Love thy neighbor, try to be at peace with everybody if possible, do not judge. I dont understand how the Westboro Baptist Church calls itself Christian while daring to doubt Gods endless love and grace.

Catholic here. From what I was taught, heaven and hell arent really places of paradise and suffering, but rather states of being in relation to Gods love. Hell is eternal, complete separation from God as its denizens had rejected God. Whereas heaven is union with God. From what I was told, our lives are meant for us to live and to determine if we wish to be with God. Interestingly, betrayal of God is one of the most grievous sins, at least according to Dante.

Their interpretation is incorrect by even including it within their churches catechism.
Have you not taken any heed to what I've been writing? Invalidation of the majority of the Old Testament relating to Jesus' teachings in the New Testament means exclusion of Leviticus. It doesn't mean exclusion of passages relating to the sin of homosexuality in Romans, Timothy, Corinthians, and Jude.

By badgering on their apparent love from Leviticus 18:22 and desiring death upon homosexuals, without considering Jesus's teachings of hating the sin instead of the sinner, they may as well be come Orthodox Jews.

They only keep their damn church running through lawsuits, anyway.

And the use of this church in any argument given that they are beyond a minority, having a congregation of approx. 70 people, whereas there are approx. 2.3 billion Christians in the world and then acting like these 70 people act on behalf of everyone else is beyond flawed.

why dint you serve man
worship and saluted the fellow
why dint you ask for heaven
why dont you demand heaven
i dk i im sorry im the worst
i should of never disobeyed orders
im so sorry i im sorry i was warned
now i have to suffer
now i life in your hell
i dont like this please stop making me hurt
i dont liek this
why are you soo eager to kill achild

Attached: Scv2.png (82x86, 3K)

Where do you get the idea that the Old Testament no longer applies?

Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or tittle shall nowise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 5:18-19

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalm 119:160

At best, it's ambiguous whether the Old Testament should still be followed, so again denominations pick and choose what to follow based on their own ideals.

Agreed. I know people whose extended family is probably larger than that congregation

Friend

Jesus doesn't invalidate the OT, he spent most of his time teaching the correct application of it

Consider the Golden Rule for example which was a correction of the Silver Rule taught by contemporary rabbis to bring it more in line with Leviticus 19:18

Also consider the commandments the apostles sent out to gentiles in acts 15, a pretty obvious summary of Leviticus 17-18

In the age of the apostles the question was whether gentile christians should give up their own ethnic identity and become Jews (which included following the law of Moses), whether Israelites should keep following the law of Moses was not even questioned. There is no evidence the apostles ever gave up the law of Moses and we even have archaeological evidence of early Jewish Christians following the law of Moses (although they did give up certain Jewish customs deemed incompatible with continuing revelation and the law of Moses)

>do you believe in god?
yes
the supreme master of creation and our father in heaven
one who continually incarnates as a man in order to be less lonely
mormon
you leave your mortal body and await the resurrection and final judgement as a spirit
>what is sin?
that which is deliberately contrary to god's commandments