Being smart is all that matters. There is no face, no height pill, no whatever. If you were smart...

Being smart is all that matters. There is no face, no height pill, no whatever. If you were smart, you'd figure out how to overcome these already. It's very easy too. You just have to avoid those smarter than you and prey on those who aren't.

If successful, you would probably be happy and have what you want.

Attached: PHOTO - Genus Cyanea, a jellyfish well-known to bloom and occur in large numbers in surface waters - (1120x534, 435K)

>You just have to avoid those smarter than you and prey on those who aren't.
why assume that this would make people feel happy, rather than guilty and upset?
>If successful, you would probably be happy and have what you want.
ditto mark.

why assume that this would make people feel happy, rather than guilty and upset?

Because the world is cutthroat and we only have a finite amount of time to deal with other people's bullshit.

>the world is cutthroat and we only have a finite amount of time
i tend to agree, but i don't know that i see why we should just accept that the way to be happy in this situation is to participate in it with abandon. i'm still not sure why we should assume that's the way to go.

Most people aren't even happy. It's simply survival. It's all we know.

I gave up, tried being weak, and unless you're an attractive female... the results are horrifying.

>Most people aren't even happy.
could be. why should they be? you said it yourself, the world is cutthroat and finite. who would be happy all the time, in the face of knowledge like that?
>It's simply survival. It's all we know.
i'm not sure that it would bother us if this were true. what reason do we have to disregard that objection?
>I gave up, tried being weak, and unless you're an attractive female... the results are horrifying.
i think, perhaps, there is a difference between being unwilling to play the cutthroat, take no prisoners game of life, and giving up oneself unto weakness. is that possible?

The goal for us humans always seems to be reaching some sort of utopia, but we contradict ourselves over everything. If anything, the world is becoming more dystopic. So many are trying to reach 'enlightenment' when the real enlightenment is simply living your life and surviving.

>i think, perhaps, there is a difference between being unwilling to play the cutthroat, take no prisoners game of life, and giving up oneself unto weakness. is that possible
Of course but you are really only coping (also a form of intelligence). Honestly, once you see how apparent the behavior of cope (the motives behind it) is in society, everything seems a bit more pathetic and less interesting to you.

>The goal for us humans always seems to be reaching some sort of utopia, but we contradict ourselves over everything.
is it? i mean, maybe for some, but i imagine thinking about utopia would just get most people down, because they'll understand the infeasibility of such a thing. i don't think that's contradictory, i think it makes a good deal of sense.
>If anything, the world is becoming more dystopic.
what makes you say this, specifically?
>So many are trying to reach 'enlightenment' when the real enlightenment is simply living your life and surviving.
so, then, out of curiosity: would you claim to be enlightened? and would you be willing to share your road to such with others? there would be plenty of people, presumably, who would take you up on it. i'd give it a try, if it seemed coherent to me.
>you are really only coping (also a form of intelligence).
well, then, i suppose that's all that matters, hah.
>everything seems a bit more pathetic and less interesting to you.
what you described sounds a bit like TMT, which seems plausible enough to me, but doesn't make me see the world this way. i'm not sure why it would, to be honest. i don't know that i see why we should assume that an understanding of coping behavior must lead to an appraisal of things so disinterested or even disdainful.

>be a smiling wolf who happily gargles cocks and jumps through society's hoops until you're in a position of power and use that to exploit those beneath you to climb up even further all for pussy
No

>You just have to avoid those smarter than you and prey on those who aren't.
why would anyone be interested in preying on people who are stupider than them? it'd be like coveting a retarded person solely because it'd be easy - it probably wouldn't be satisfying. you likely wouldn't be happy since you wouldn't value anything stupider people would have to offer

There are many smart fuckers on this board the problem is their intelligence has turned against them in various ways. Its just not that simple OP.

i'm not sure that's an accurate representation of the OP, really.
i think this is true to some degree. there is a certain fulfillment that can only be had through challenging oneself, and i'm not sure that taking only what can be gotten easily is going to do it in the long run.
>their intelligence has turned against them in various ways.
what do you mean by this?

>If anything, the world is becoming more dystopic.
>what makes you say this, specifically?

We are so dependent on technology that the majority of the world relies on it now and it can very well lead to some kind of one world of government, just look at the UN. There is something to fear there when only a few people really are controlling your life. E.g. making the population dumber. This is like the worst case scenario.

I'm not enlightened. I'm plagued by my own misfortunes of circumstance and bad decisions. This has largely shaped me into the person and ideas I have now. I think though, having a high emotional intelligence can help you to understand the modern age better and cope with the realities you are forced to accept.

>If successful, you would probably be happy and have what you want.
Wrong

What i want can't be achieved by me alone

Low risk, high reward is always the best option

Well if you were freely able to use your intelligence you could do wonderful things but when you are unconsciously using it to torment yourself with anxiety, depression, anger, doubt, dissapointment etc you are basically making yourself a cripple mentally.

>We are so dependent on technology that the majority of the world relies on it now and it can very well lead to some kind of one world of government, just look at the UN. There is something to fear there when only a few people really are controlling your life. E.g. making the population dumber. This is like the worst case scenario.
okay. this ventures into the realm of political science/philosophy, one i'm less well equipped to deal with (and frankly am less interested in). as for technology, i tend to have a similar problem with it, although my concern is less within the sort of one world government route, and more within the people driving more and more dependence on these technologies (namely, the people making and selling them). i'm not sure that i see what you see happening, if i'm honest. it seems to me that what's more likely is a slow erosion of our ability to exist independently of new technology. that's what worries me, to some degree. that at some point i won't be able to say "no". not that i will be seen as strange for doing so, but that i will be actually disallowed from doing so.
>I'm not enlightened. I'm plagued by my own misfortunes of circumstance and bad decisions. This has largely shaped me into the person and ideas I have now.
that's alright. i think that's where most people stand, to one degree or another.
>I think though, having a high emotional intelligence can help you to understand the modern age better and cope with the realities you are forced to accept.
if my response this were to say "i think that i have this already", what would you think of that? is it possible to have that and not come to the same conclusions you have?

>you are unconsciously using it to torment yourself with anxiety, depression, anger, doubt, dissapointment etc
what do you think motivates this behavior? can it be remedied, with some difficulty? i would say it can be, because i would say that i have done it. i hear tell from some people that it's the fate of those people to be eternally despairing, but i'm not sure how i can exist as i do, in that case.

It requires meditation, specifically actual mindfulness practice called noting first to be able to notice yourself doing these things and then when you are actually aware of it happening most of it will start to go away.
What motivates it? Well its just that once upon a time you behaved in a certain way and it worked for you then it stored in your subconscious as the method that worked even if it was fucked up.

>if my response this were to say "i think that i have this already", what would you think of that? is it possible to have that and not come to the same conclusions you have?

Only you can know by actually discovering that part of yourself and validating it with successful interactions in society. You do not want to understand everything though. I feel like being God would be depressing. It seems right, to want power, to not need answers, to manifest destiny. But the whole concept is flawed. Biologically we are animals.

Ignorance is always bliss.

okay. so then, is this your advice to anyone in this situation? it'd be mine, i think. and i believe it's doable for anyone.
>Only you can know by actually discovering that part of yourself and validating it with successful interactions in society.
this seems fair to me. it runs the risk of invalidating the idea that there is then something which is "all that matters", i think. it's possible to have successful interactions in society based upon a myriad of things aside from intelligence, no?
>You do not want to understand everything though. I feel like being God would be depressing. It seems right, to want power, to not need answers, to manifest destiny. But the whole concept is flawed. Biologically we are animals.
i'm not sure how to respond to this, because i'm not sure what it has to do with the topic at hand. there's nothing in it that i find particularly bothersome, it just doesn't follow in the conversation, to me. could you perhaps clarify, or otherwise rephrase somehow?

Try researching the noting practice you cant change anything if you dont first become aware of how you are doing it.

to clarify, i know this, i was just curious if you would say that anyone could do it. i would say that it's likely anybody can. it worked for me, at least.