FUCK!! I just dropped a fucking blob of mercury on my room floor! I have collected most of it (pic related) but there...

FUCK!! I just dropped a fucking blob of mercury on my room floor! I have collected most of it (pic related) but there are tiny dropplets all over my fucking floor. What do I do now?! I live with my parents and its the middle of the night where I live. I need help ASAP!!

Attached: Snapchat-1733159439.jpg (960x1920, 482K)

Other urls found in this thread:

isopharm.co.uk/dental/blog/dental-amalgam-and-mercury-spillages
youtu.be/DNpdMz0Cfv0
health.ny.gov/environmental/chemicals/mercury/docs/cleaning_up_a_small_mercury_spill.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=NJ7M01jV058
youtube.com/watch?v=mK1Zfp0DqdY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why do you have mercury in the first place?

>He dropped mercury
you're screwed. last time i dropped some i had to call a hazmat team to clean it up. 3000 dollar bill.

Piss allover the floor. Uric acid neutralizes mercury.

How much did you end up dropping to warrant calling a hazmat team? My sister once broke a mercury thermometer and we got by just fine.

do this and deliver video

isopharm.co.uk/dental/blog/dental-amalgam-and-mercury-spillages
here you go, you're probably fucked though

youtu.be/DNpdMz0Cfv0

Got some tilt switches off eBay by mistake. I've always wanted to touch mercury, so I decided to extract the mercury drops and put them in a vial. Extraction went fine but the blob of mercury I had collected started rolling off my desk and splattered all over the floor.

Attached: Snapchat-1885143080.jpg (1152x2304, 731K)

>got mercury by mistake
how do you get mercury by mistake?

>I've always wanted to touch mercury
I think I remember from science class that's a bad idea?

>I've always wanted to touch mercury
You're an idiot.

Mercury tilt switches. The Chinese seller sendt them to me by mistake.

>mercury tilt switch

you've got bigger problems than mercury on your floor retard. just wait until the feds show up

Mercury in liquid metallic form is not really that dangerous unless youre handling it all the time. Mercury vapor is much more toxic.
I used to go to flea markets often and i would always buy old thermometers when i found them. I had a whole bunch and extracted the mercury from them so that i had a good sized phial filled with it. Its fun to play with.

literally just pick it up
it's fucking liquid mercury, you get more from eating a can of tuna than that

Don't do this op, it will create nerve gas!

Update: I managed to scrape together most of the droplets with a credit card and put them back in the vial. I'm now sweeping the floor to get the rest of the droplets. I'm collecting the contaminated dust in a Ziploc bag for proper disposal. It looks like all the mercury has been collected now, but I'm really paranoid about my room being contaminated. Should I contact some kind of service to get my room checked?

Literally look up a guide ya dingus.
health.ny.gov/environmental/chemicals/mercury/docs/cleaning_up_a_small_mercury_spill.htm

Nah, just mix ammonia and pure bleach together to clean your house, it's enough. You will never have any mercury problems.

Telling people to make mustard gas isn't hip anymore.

Sheeit.
We never know, maybe a redditor would fall for it and die.
Guess I'll try with something different but as easy to make next time.

youtube.com/watch?v=NJ7M01jV058
What kind of mercury?

Regular liquid mercury metal, not the type mentioned in the video

Use a syringe

Finished the cleanup about an hour ago. There are probably some mercury droplet still on the floor but I'll probably die from mercury poisoning anyway lol

Vaccum cleaner

Buy one of those cheap car ones and dispose it.

I shit everyone not but as a kid my mum smashed a thermometer and all the mercury spilled out everywhere. Both me and her played with it and held it on your hands. As a kid I was obsessed with terminator 2 so she showed me what real liquid metal looks like. I remember holding it in my hands. I didnt get sick.
Lie.

That's actually not a bad idea. I'll probably end up using my parents vacuum though.

Mail getting sent to the wrong address is not enforced or I would already have been raided a million times.

youtube.com/watch?v=mK1Zfp0DqdY

Have you ever heard of a vacuum cleaner you absolute NEET fuck?
See:

There are a few types of mercury that are safe to touch as long as you dont have open wounds, most mercury is "safe" ti digest, acting as a laxitive.