Why I don't care about anything anons? I don't want to work, I don't want to study, I don't want to talk to people...

Why I don't care about anything anons? I don't want to work, I don't want to study, I don't want to talk to people. I don't want to exercise. I just sleep for half a day and browse the internet. Is this what you call depression?

I can't decide if it's all in my head or I'm in a genuinely shitty situation.

Attached: Screenshot_20190609-025806_1.jpg (830x480, 51K)

I kind of feel the same thing. Just want to exist while not existing. Not being thirsty, hungry, sad or happy, just sleeping whenever i want, wake up whenever i want and access information that i want.

How much do you sleep?

Fucking same. All I've been wanting lately is to just be able to lie down and cease everything. Were it not for my parents I probably would have killed myself a while ago.
I used to be so full of determination, too...

Attached: hmm.jpg (1080x1080, 164K)

Its both, meaning your environment and your shitty situation makes you feel this way. Its a feedback loop making everything else shit in all areas of life.

A sure way path to chronic depression in a world that has been designed to deprive us all.Your brain has become numb to it to defend itself.

>Is this what you call depression?
Yea that's depression. You're probably lost in life right now and have no direction or purpose so sleep and internet are great distractions from actually living a fulfilling life. You need to strive for something in life that makes you happy otherwise you'll eventually kill yourself, assuming you're not suicidal right now but believe me isolating from people and having no goal in life will eventually get to you and you'll feel the pain once you realised you have wasted your entire life sleeping and browsing the internet.

dear niggers you are stuck in a loop. i've been there.
simple. make a change 1 day at time.
In my case i walked. first for an hour a day got to then eventually ramped it up to 4 hours a day. I walked everywhere, but seeing trees and canals helped my spirit. i listened to podcasts and audiobooks to occupy my mind. theni worked out and got a job.

1 step at a time. do something like walking and do it consistently. it will create discipline which you need to get anythign done and will get you out of this behaviour trap. godspeed anons

>You need to strive for something in life that makes you happy
But how? I tried to study in University years ago, didn't find a single friend, stopped studying and dropped out. Literally everything seems boring to me, I don't even enjoy games anymore.

>I don't want to talk to people
>except all day with other demented autists on r9k
this is why you're a piece of shit. you're not depressed, you're a retard

samezies. Been like this for like since before i knew what depression was. Still dont know if this is depression, cuz i've genuinely always felt like this. My head has been hurting for like a solid 7 years straight. I fucking hate the entire profession of psychology, so not gon see anyone about it. I just keep it to myself, cuz thats normal for me. Always planned on ending it all at like age 30, so thats slowly coming up.

Attached: 1474021537944.jpg (640x633, 191K)

>texting with a bunch of faceless strangers is the same as talking to someone irl
Based retard

You clearly care about something, even if its spamming the board with the same thread again and again and again

Find something else to care about, it's not hard. All you need to do is kick yourself until you actually start doing it, and force the habit

I've tried exercising and reading, stopped after a couple of weeks because it was too tedious

Same here, except I haven't dropped out as being a wagie is much worse than studying occationally mildly interesting subjects

>Why I don't care about anything anons? I don't want to work, I don't want to study, I don't want to talk to people. I don't want to exercise. I just sleep for half a day and browse the internet.
This is me but without the sleep, I rarely sleep at all.
Plus I'm an alcohol.

If it was easy he wouldn't feel this way.

Yea but the problem is you put the idea of making friends before your study. You're meant to go to university to get education so you can work a decent career, not make friends. If you pick up university again just focus on your work and forget about what other people are doing because it's none of your concern and your future is more important than a university aquaintence. It's a bonus if you make a friend when you are at University and if you're doing well then you'll eventually attract people into your life with little effort needed on your part.
Otherwise with losing interest in the games that comes down to the fact you're doing nothing productive with your life and you subconsciously know it. Playing games doesn't feel fun because it's basically your brain saying that you haven't deserved it so it doesn't reward you with the feel good feeling you get when kicking back and playing a game. When you're doing something productive with your life you'll eventually start to feel pleasure with the free time you have to play a game or have some beers or anything other recreational hobby/activity.

This, because I can relate to it. I believe it IS a form of depression. Anhedonia or Dysthymia both technical terms that seem close.

I have an otherwise decent life (just never had luck with women), but it's really hard for me to enjoy and get excited about stuff. For a long time I thought I felt that way because I wasn't finished post-secondary and CPA designation, so maybe my brain was focused too much on that. Once I finished though, nothing changed.

I'm thinking the only next issue is I need a girlfriend/sex, but I have a feeling that won't fix anything either.

Retard who never pursued higher education detected

>Dream my entire life of becoming a biologist
>Finally become one
>Feel nothing
I don't like how my life is turning out.

This is a serious problem with post-secondary education. You have to spend so much money doing something, and even half-way through if you decide you don't like, you've lost so much time and money doing it that it's like "fuck, i have to see this through". I'm not saying I have a better system, but asking people to setup their entire career in their teens is quite foolish.

>You're meant to go to university to get education so you can work a decent career, not make friends
Except that most people find friends, go to parties and have sex. This is how they cope with the stress, if you're left out and force yourself to study 24/7 you'll drain yourself out mentally and physically. Also social skills are very important no matter what job you're gonna do.

Yes. University is a life experience meant to help you grow as a person, and it includes everything from Education (obviously), developing friendships, developing relationships (professional and intimate), learning about your true goals and values, learning discipline, and so on.

When you're a social outcast, a lot of that experience never happens.

It is a huge problem. I at least have "free" education, so I am only wasting time at worst. If I was an American I would probably be suicidal at this point.
But to be fair I think it has more to do with me not feeling acomplishment for anything anymore. I have tried both studying different subjects and having a regular job, and when I did those I felt awful 24/7. At least right now I just feel empty