Epic desktop thread

epic desktop thread

Attached: desktoplol.jpg (1919x1079, 480K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.en.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>discord
>windows

Attached: Screenshot_7.png (956x536, 1.04M)

>ruselel

i use discord only to chat with a couple of bubs occasionally and i use windows because i got tired of using linux after a year
suck a wurm out my twat hihi

Attached: Screenshot.png (1920x1080, 1.16M)

Attached: ss (2018-05-29 at 01.17.03).jpg (1906x1079, 725K)

~

Attached: %t[29.05.2018_02.19.19].png (1920x1080, 113K)

Attached: desktop.jpg (1365x767, 196K)

kawata shoujo

Attached: c2f.jpg (800x600, 96K)

Based and red pilled linux user. Hows this distro compared to ubuntu?

takanashi has to be the nicest japanese name

It's all nip nong ching chong to me.
Hikari a cute doe.

Attached: hikari phone.jpg (505x832, 62K)

u have gud games bruh
especially PLAYIN AUDIOSURF (not 2 CUZ 2 ITS BAAAD )

takanashi means no hawks, they spell it 'small birds playing'

so 'when there's no falcons small birds play'

always thought that was kind of fun

Nice desktop, but eww chrome

I didn't know that. Weird how their language can change with such slight nuances.
>preferring firefox
>or worse IE
>the ultimate in pleb tier is Safari or Opera
So which one are you Cute?

Attached: 5c5d1bb3e264e3ad6424d28341476a84.png (943x1077, 678K)

Firefox. Btw, did you know that Chrome has 666 in it's icon?

my desktop

Attached: duDwy7.jpg (3840x2160, 1021K)

>firecocks
Ewwwwww. What's your deal with chrome? I'm a former Google employee so if it's privacy then I just don't really care. They already own my soul.
> Chrome has 666 in it's icon
I did actually. I saw that meme float around for a bit.

Attached: 1525412564872.jpg (400x400, 25K)

It's way better

Attached: shitbuntu.png (1206x1210, 121K)

Well, it's kinda... embarrassing.
Something to do with other people seeing what I downloaded when they download stuff off Chrome.
Like... lewd stuff.

I avoid that problem with using another browser.

Sounds to me like you were looking at lewd stuff got caught and blame chrome for saving your download history :3
Dirty cowboy.

Attached: 082e105e4424f795157fdcc56b7980d6.jpg (700x700, 64K)

Its way better my ass faggot

Nice palindrome.
It wasn't that at all tho. The thing is, it saves the pics to a certain folder. And when you download pictures again, it opens up that folder.

Someone downloaded pictures, and it opened up the lewd folder to save their pictures to >////

I thought all browsers did that. I just have mine set to the downloads folder.
Did it cause a lot of trouble?

Attached: 687474703a2f2f7075752e73682f69427932422f656461666236666164632e676966.gif (500x281, 717K)

based desktop
people still play toribash?

i havent played it in like 2 years

They do, but it saves to a different folder depending on what folder you download pictures to, and which browser you use

>Chrome downloads pics to folder A
>Firefox downloads pics to folder B

>Chrome's new downloads opens up folder A to save the new pictures to
>Firefox's new downloads opens up folder B to save the new pictures to

It was pretty vanilla stuff, nothing majorly lewd like this pic, so not much trouble at all.

Attached: 17_408.jpg (898x1180, 101K)

>file too large
dumb hiro

>Windows, Corsair Utility Engine, Foobar2000, GeForce Experience, Google Chrome, MiniTool Partitioner, Paint.net, Papers, Please, QuickTime Player, Steam, Vegas Pro, FurMark, Subnautica, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Bad Rats, MSI Afterburner, Discord, Super Crate Box, Final Fantasy VII, Terraria, Winamp, Audiosurf, Speedfan, Opera, Saints Row 2, WinDirStat, Viscera Cleaner, Postal 2, Counter Strike Condition Zero: Deleted Scenes, Epic Games Launcher, Half-Life Opposing Force, Half Life Blue Shift, Mousotron, Quake Live, Toribash, Counter Strike Global Offensive, McOsu, Poker Night at the Inventory, Half-Life

>Windows, Paint.net, Steam, Microsoft Edge
(I was not able to identify most of the programs on this one)

>Google Chrome, Discord, Spotify, Evernote

>Windows, Winrar, Foobar2000, Spotify, iTunes, Discord, FL Studio, Fraps, Google Chrome, Steam, Photoshop, After Effects

>Romania, Windows, Discord, Steam, uTorrent, MediBang Paint Pro, Katawa Shoujo, Toy Heroes Online, f.lux

>Windows, League of Legends, Steam, Google Chrome, Civilization V, Photoshop, Civilization VI, Fraps, Sculptris, Runescape, Assassin's Creed Syndicate, Realtek HD Audio Manager, New Vegas Configator, MSI Afterburner, Paint.net, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Far Cry 4, Battlefield 4, Dungeon Siege, Discord, Fallout 4, Project Zomboid, Fallout

>Windows

Attached: RichardMatthewStallman_002.jpg (480x451, 57K)

Yet you save things like this to your computer then complain about Chrome?
Cute that's pretty backwards and lewd.

Attached: 1494213909541.jpg (666x632, 61K)

Dual boot with Arch for games. I've been over this 1 million times.

also i have a 4k monitor for no good reason

Attached: Capture.jpg (1600x900, 479K)

Photoshop, Fraps, Discord, etc. aren't games. Even if Windows is necessary in your case for playing games there are plenty of other free software alternatives for programs other than games.

Attached: RichardMatthewStallman_006.jpg (640x426, 73K)

BE RMS
BE STUPID HEAD

Attached: kid-on-computer-2_tnvltp.jpg (500x362, 36K)

>ROBLOX
user...

Attached: RichardMatthewStallman_009.jpg (400x326, 20K)

bruh
roblox?

Oi mate where's your proprietary software license?

Attached: RichardMatthewStallman_003.jpg (1024x683, 379K)

What's life without whimsy?

right here
now finger my twat

Attached: licene.png (640x400, 205K)

>implying I paid for photoshop
Yeah no. Everything on the windows side is for gaming including Discord (gotta keep in touch with my LoL buddies). Fraps is an FPS counter so I don't know how you can hate on that.
I've gotta keep my windows half in working order which is why I have things like Fraps and ASC. The rest is just stuff for building mods since last I checked the GECK doesn't work with GNU.
I'd say life. Most adults have lost most of their whimsical nature.
At least you haven't.
Why don't you post your desktop?

Attached: 1518060873739.jpg (482x549, 34K)

>ROBLOX
This is an 18+ website.

Witcher 3 should at least cancel the Roblox out right, or am I to be eternally shamed for it

Why, don't you show use the lwed photo the person did see

Don't have them anymore.
Eeehhhhh, not on 4chinks. Don't wanna dox myself.

Eternally shamed.

Oh...okay that fine

whoa
you're quoting a lot !

Why are so many people worried about this? I mean it's not like it's a common thing nowadays unless you're an exceptionally awful person.

Attached: 1486373425479.jpg (444x444, 35K)

>new vegas
I GOT SPURS
THAT JINGLE JANGLE JINGLE

Except there ARE exceptionally awful people on Jow Forums. Rather not take the risk. I'll show you in private.

i dont get this new meme

No icons is best icons.

Attached: Untitled.png (1360x768, 179K)

Oh no that's not necessary. I was just saying unless you're hitting Nazis with bike locks or you yourself are an awful person worthy of being doxxed it won't happen.
I've been here in Jow Forums since well.....forever but I've never been doxxed and Jow Forums knows more about me than my own family.

the desktop is there for a purpose
to dump icons on it B)

Free as in freedom, not as in price, Normie. GIMP is a great alternative to Photoshop that respects the user's freedoms. Instead of Discord, you should try to convince your gaming buddies to use Mumble. There are also many free and open source programs that can count your FPS.
>last I checked the GECK doesn't work with GNU.
Did you try using Wine?

Attached: RichardMatthewStallman_010.gif (365x374, 138K)

What freedoms don't I have with a free copy of photoshop? What freedom don't I have with a free program like Fraps?
>Did you try using Wine?
>using a program designed to make something run in a windows like environment in GNU
>instead of just using windows
>for a program made to run on windows
Why the fuck should I jump through all these hoops just for muh open source?
If it's a privacy option I honestly can't be bothered to care anymore.
I think you're going out on a huge limb here just to defend linux. I mean sure linux is great but windows serves its purpose.
>inb4 muh botnet

Attached: Kongou.jpg (480x578, 45K)

BUT MUH PRIVACY
REEEEEEEEEEEEE

When using proprietary software you do not have any of the Four Essential Freedoms, you can read about them here:
gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.en.html
Even if these freedoms do not mean anything to you, I still recommend using Free Software whenever possible just for moral reasons and to not support companies like Microsoft or Adobe.

Attached: RichardMatthewStallman_007.jpg (610x400, 47K)

You don't have any goy. If you own a phone they're listening. There's not many ways in modern society stave being a code junkie and complete technoisolationist that will stop them from monitoring you.
Your information will be gathered, it will be compiled and it will be sold.
This is life.
>The freedom to run the program as you wish, for any purpose
Seem to be running them all as I wish which just happens to be running them as they were intended to be ran.
>he freedom to study how the program works, and change it so it does your computing as you wish
That seems perfectly resonab-
>Access to the source code is a precondition for this.
Yeah you see no. If everything is open source nobody can turn a profit. This idea that EVERY last bit of information needs to be openly available to the public is retarded. Nobody would go for this because it would make all your work towards a new program worthless as someone will steal it and improve it then sell it.
>The freedom to redistribute copies so you can help others
So file sharing. Got it. Second retarded thing in this.
>The freedom to distribute copies of your modified versions to others
So I change the windows default colors to red and yellow so therefore it's modified so therefore it's mine and I should be able to profit from it.
>By doing this you can give the whole community a chance to benefit from your changes. Access to the source code is a precondition for this.
Wait I get it now. Linux fanbois are the equivalent of digital communists wanting everything to be free, everyone to have the same access to the same stuff and nobody can turn a profit on anything.
>just for moral reasons and to not support companies like Microsoft or Adobe
Nigga what? Get outta here with your idealist digital commie bullshit.
I might actually stop openly admitting I'm a Loonux user because of people like you. Seriously it's another OS option not a god damn grass roots political movement.

Attached: 1526953149649.png (450x700, 599K)

lole ikr, only thing lincucks has above windows is customizability and less viruses written for it, not enough to make up for their shitty amateur store apps

Right? They're worse than Apple fags. They think they're superior just because their shit is free.
This whole idea of source code of everything should be free is retarded. People need to make money.

Attached: 1510771472341.png (361x476, 339K)

plebs need to get on my level

Attached: desktop 1_010.png (4960x1600, 765K)

roblox is based trust me

Attached: 1513215122118.png (1920x1080, 140K)

my wife mari.is so cute

Attached: Capture.png (1916x1074, 1.59M)

free as in freedom, not free beer.

I actually only have it because it's the only game I can play to bond with my youngest sister who happens to live 1000 miles away from with my stepmom.

Attached: 1047.jpg (297x581, 54K)

Attached: a cunny funt.png (1920x1080, 697K)

o shoot thats actually a good reason I just have it becuase i am an idiot who uses it to 3d model architecture sometimes

you own all that software legit?

Adobe CC is only like $15 a month, so any non-NEET can afford it. Its still shit though, and a true patrician just uses GIMP+Krita+Inkscape+kdenlive.

Rate it if you like.

Attached: desktop.png (1366x768, 1.89M)

from those programs you mention, the only that can be saved from having a little bit of quality is Krita but Sai is 2000000x better and can manage insane resolutions.(and also every drawing pad is tested with SAI first)
Gimp is a joke and the UI is shit, the memory consumption is very high even compared with PS2018.
Inkscape is shit and can't even compete against Flash CS6. (also I don't like illustrator because the tool management is SHIT)

true true. is sai the weeb drawing tool?

Sai is what professionals use

do you have an opinion on /ic/ ?

Sai only has half baked hardware acceleration support, plus, it costs a shit load of money. krita is just as fast and capable, and is free as in freedom. It also works with every drawing pad I have tried.
>Gimp is a joke and the UI is shit
The UI in 2.10 is much improved. Sure, the resource usage is higher than PS, but at least it doesn't crash every half an hour.
>Inkscape is shit and can't even compete against Flash CS6
You clearly have no idea what you are talking about. What the fuck are you using Flash for? Inkscape is a vector graphics program.
Sai is overhyped overprices weeb meme drawing software. No professional would be caught dead using it.

Attached: seriously.jpg (340x565, 46K)

Yes, pic related is what happens when you go to /ic/
I know that inkscape is a vector graphics program but you don't understand that INKSCAPE IS SO SHITTY EVEN FLASH CS6 IS BETTER.
>Sai
Obviously you didn't tried SAI 2.x, and yes I tried the new Gimp and it's still shitty.

Attached: 10082.png (1148x672, 694K)

>SAI 2.x
You mean that unstable rounded edges piece of crap? Seriously if you are going to shill software at least shill software that isn't a fucking semi abandon mess.

Attached: desktop.png (1344x756, 1.85M)

>muh free software iz bettah
Go back to your lunix pls, and also stop convincing yourself with lies. There are a few free open source programs that can be used in the professional field (Blender, OpenToonz,...) but there are others that "can't work"; Gimp can't replace PS, Inkscape can't replace Illustrator and Krita can't replace SAI. Deal with it.

>sonic adventure 2
good

>LoL
>Sonic Adventures 2
>Anime Wallpaper

Attached: 34.jpg (600x600, 105K)

>muh payaing shlomo my shekels makes the software better meme
How is it possible to be so cucked?

>PUBG

Attached: BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAP.png (419x234, 149K)

deal with it dumb commie Stallman ass kisser

Attached: image65.jpg (1280x1920, 641K)

i know those japanese folder are lewd games, right?

yeah pretty much

would recommend 屋上の百合霊さん it wasn't particularly lewd but the story was fun

Attached: dt.png (1920x1080, 1.11M)

Attached: 20180416_164833.jpg (898x609, 257K)

Oh I didn't know that part, but I did know about the name because of that scene in the Black Rock Shooter anime. Yeah that's sort of cool.