The Jow Forums language

Out of boredom I wish to create a language for Jow Forums, Bantonese, with the help of Jow Forums users who are wishing to participate.

Well, I'll start off first:

What script are we using? I'm thinking either Latin, Cyrillic, Runic, or Arabic.

Attached: Bantonese.jpg (5572x4177, 1.87M)

Katakana dayo

.ereh tsop ot 81 eb ot deen ouY

Verbs go before they noun, the subject goes before the verb. So something like "the ball saw he" , which you mean "he saw the ball" , though with different words rather than English ones.

Which would mean*

Cyrillic
that leaves one with far less options for words, we'd have a bunch of homonyms
His age doesn't matter, what matters is whether or not he's autistic enough to really do it.
Even if he does nobody will learn it because it's a massive waste of time.

>not creating your own script
I shiggy.

hangul

I would prefer a modified version of Latin where each sound actually has it's own letter.
Ex:
þ for the th sound
ʃ for the sh sound
Ч for the Ch sound
Ж for the zh (-ge) sound

Actually replace that last letter with x

The Japanese has really outdone themselves creating the most elegant and sophisticated writing system known to man, use this for our language.

Attached: japanese kanji.png (1020x646, 105K)

>A specific character for each word
That is a bad idea

It's a very good idea, it removes all nuances and clears up and confusion. Kanji might just be the most useful language, and I'm glad the Japanese invented it.

Didn't the Japanese just rip off the Chinese though?

I hope this project will go far because I'm totally willing to learn a useless language for the fun :D
I'll come back tomorrow to help creating bantese

What ever happened to just following your own language rules?

kanjis are from china, japanese made the kanas

I'm glad nobody was stupid enough to not see through my bait. Picked a thread I was actually interested in.

Is there really a practical use in separating sounds arbitrarily like that? Where do you draw the line exactly?

What if we just convert English words into a Cyrillic script?

OП иc a фaггoт
>OP is a faggot
/бaнт/ - Интepнaтиoнaл/Paндoм
>Jow Forums - International/Random

too easy to read, I'd like to at least create our own vocabulary, even if we stay with an english/latin grammar

The goal is to create a separate language, not transliterate an existing language from one alphabet to another.

I was only giving simple examples there. I would draw the line where rules would take over the rest. There are multiple problems with the English language in terms of rule breaking. Even the word break makes an a_e sound instead of an ee sound

If the new language were to be an improved version of English, the first issue would be the same letters with duplicate sounds, most notably c/s and c/k.
From what I can see, separate letters are used if it takes 3 or more letters to produce a sound, for example, x = ecks (or eks), or b = bee (or be).
Speaking of be and bee, this is another major inconsistency within English. Why would there be a need to add another E in writing if the sounds are the same? In cases like be/bee and we/wee, context alone is enough to distinguish the meaning. English doesn't have nearly as many unclear homonyms in its language compared to Chinese or Japanese, and that is reflected within its use of an alphabet rather than individual characters.
Should the new language contain a large amount of homonyms to the point where context is unclear, then Hanzi would be more appropriate, unironically this time.

>being this autistic

I was originally meant to shitpost on this thread, but linguistics is a very interesting topic for me unfortunately.

I'm not finished yet.
The main problem with this thread is that OP asks for a writing system first, which is not a good start because any further discussion on sounds and grammar would be limited by the already decided writing system.
Historically, nearly all languages are spoken, then written. The Romans wrote in the Latin alphabet, which was adapted from the Greek alphabet, but the Romans spoke in the Latin language, their entire society didn't just live in silence until they modified the Greek alphabet.
Same with the Koreans, before Hangul, they wrote in Hanja (Chinese Characters), which was very inefficient for writing Korean and therefore a new writing system was created to work better with Korean. Korean was not influenced by Chinese due to its use of Chinese characters.
My point of contention is that written languages are shaped by spoken languages, and not the other way around, therefore it is irrelevant to discuss scripts this early on in the discussion.

desp cito ci des pa to de cito des cit?

BASED

I guess youre right. If we are improving English then my question is: how will we deal with verbs and conjugations?

those are chinese characters not japanese

A word like "Despacito" can easily be transliterated into a writing system like Hanzi, and still retain its meaning, 的死怕死头 is how I feel about the song.

Any inconsistencies or complexities can be fixed by simplifying the verb itself. One of the ways it can be done is by dropping the requirement for past and present tense, which wouldn't cause too much harm. Verbs in languages such as Chinese only has one form and no requirements to state the tense.

Cyrilic + Esperanto = best language

Ok. So does that mean that we will still rely on helping verbs to change tense?
Ex: I will go to the store
I am going to go to the store
He didn't go to the store
He did go to the store